Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

Postby yen2006 » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:23 pm

Hi appletree,

happy for you :wink:


My turn for PS again next week :o

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:27 pm

ocean11 wrote:he is a doc ma, so i trust his judgement lor.. he might be rite in the end after my swelling subside lay!? i am not unreasonable person.. that is why i kept saying it to early to tell.. at the moment it quite disappointed la.. but mabe later wouldnt liao lay.. just want to vent out the disappointment here ma.. can or not!!? can i or not!!? hahahahha.. ok la.. let see how la.. but hey!! he really good in guy's nose!! that one!! 2 thumbs up!! u might want to consider wor..


tanjhj wrote:
ocean11 wrote:Hi shermaine,
Thanks for the update. today i went to take a peep at my nose height by taking out the splint for awhile.. hmm.. frankly, i really don know how will be the hight look like.. cos i find it too low!! :o but Dr Jung insisted is high for me!? and he said that're lotsa singaporean and m'sian came to him requested slightly lower and natural bridge, and i am the only one request for higher! but to each it own!! i want high!!! i like the SOng hye kyo nose!! why don he do it for me!?!?!?!? why!!?!?!? why!?!?!??! :???:
*fainted* btw, u must be tall? that is why he suggested Song's nose for u?? he said that nose really too high for me! but i want i want i want!!!!!
*throw tantrum*

i really like those noses he done for all his korean patients, high nice and natural.. but den again, it still too early to say as it only my 4th days.. but now i already find it too low, after subside wouldnt be even lower??? *fainted another time* :o silicone might have lotsa prob in future, but i must say it shape is nicer den goretex, cos i find my bridge is abit too thick den before.. or it the swelling again?? gosh.. i missed my old nose now.. :-|
Or mabe i expect too much?? really quite disappointed at the moment..

Why do u need to shaper ur tip? u oso find the tip too round?


shermaine wrote:hi guys! juz thought i will update, as i'm currently close to 3 mths. post -op.
but first off, i gotta say a HUGE thank you and sorry to Blueberry, Hannah, and Badboy. am sure by now they will know what a paranoid/worrier i am, and had been repeatedly bothering them with my concerns. thks. so much to you all!

ok, basically, i hav come to realise i am an EXTREMELY SLOW healer...i bruise a lot more, swell a lot more...in fact, though others say pineapples helps in the healing, it gave me bad infections at my stitch sites...and to be honest, it's only been after 2 mths, that i felt my nose was seirously starting to take shape. in fact, when i look at my pics prior to that, i cant help but gasp how on earth i managed to face the world with that nose!!

on the bright side, the nose is shaping really prettily so far, but couple of days ago, my inner sutures where the alar reduction was done snapped, and it's now left a lingering pain inside my upper lip. i am worried now that it might change the shape, but dr. jung reassured me that those stutures were juz to maintain the shape temporarily and will hav no harm. however, i do realise that my nose flares more now on smiling...=( not sure if i rupture any other sutures used to maintain that too? but anyhow, the bridge he gave me exactly wat i wanted, not high not low, and most importantly and satisfyingly, he seriously literaly gave me a curve in my side profile!

never knew that could be done as i hav seen many esp on dr. kim's site where the noses are just downright straight from the side.

on a side note, i finally confessed to my parents that i did a nose job (cant prolong that further as my mum and sis are literally on the plane now to visit me!) and gosh! instead of chiding me, they actually said why didn't i ask them to go along to take care of me, and for higher bridge, sharper tip etc. hahah wat wonderful parents i have!
so shoe_girl, try not to worry abt it k? am sure your parents are juz concerned about you, and if you talk to them nicely, hopefully things willl work out=)

anyway, as i think i m relly picky abt stuff, i was already prepared to undergo a 2nd revision since planning my rhinoplasty to acheive my desired nose.
thus, have already booked a second appt. in mid august to do some refinement. and this time, my mum is going along with me (it relly relly helps to have someone take care of you...) so i cant wait!

juz one question to all pls, may i know if MINOR refinements are made durin revision, is the swelling gonna be a whole lot more, like with other revisions??

also, may i know if any1 had forehead augmentation with fat transplant b4?
i know that there is variable resoprtion rate, but wat i'm afraid is that the rate will be variable on the forehead parts itself, i.e landing me with a forehead of pitted holes at some areas!?!?!?

once again, thks. to all who have helped me out so much! esp. blueberry, hannah and badboy!
i truly appreciate it.
i will try to update once more b4 i fly for my 2nd revision. and hopefully by then, it will be ideal, and i can finally show my new nose for graduation next year!

take care! and all the best in your rhinoplasties.
congrats to ocean_11 too! am sure you will love ur new nose!! btw, think the actress you mentioned is song hye kyo yea?? she is beautiful ! i had the opposite consultation with dr. jung re her hgt, coz he actually asked me if i want a nose like hers, but i didnt coz it seemed too perfect. hahah now really thinking twice.... take care and rest well!


Awww. dun wori, another possibilities is like in appletree's case. the doc may not find high bridge suitable for you. but then the key issue is revision how? pay or no need to pay if needed? next issue is most of the time if the nose is not high enough, a sharp tip may not look compatible thus u may need to think twice liao. scar-ly he do totally what u want but dun look natural how?

But than i does agree with u that u are the client so u can really decide what u want. what i am confuse is that how come u proceed to do it when he didnt agree to do a high nose for you?


vent ur frustration :twisted: ok but care of ur nose hor. :cool: go for a smoke to destress? Sorri i misread ur intention. thought u wanna know why dr jung gave u this nose. Paiseh. didnt realise u are just venting out till now. my bad..

Dr Jung is in my number 1 list all along and yeah i read that he is good in guy's nose. he like to do high nose for patient if possible and i have seen pics of those wonderful nose he did for forumers.

But then areadi promised to go to dr chuang liao so cant go to him.. anyway budget is another issue, if do at dr jung, saving will be wiped out. Boh Dr Jung, Dr chuang mah ho. No teacher still can go to student. :lol:
Last edited by tanjhj on Sun, 03 Jun 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:53 pm

Hi ocean11,

Yea maybe tanjhj is right. Maybe Dr jung also feels that high nose will looks harsh on ur features. May i know how many days to ur surgery liao?
Becuase mine when during the 1st to 3rd week, my nose bridge also looks kind of thick, but now its ok liao, can see its slimmer now. Dont worry, after one month u can see the goretex much slimmer liao. :P



ocean11 wrote:appletree,
me huh? scroll up and read.. haiz..
i oso very guai!! i didnt smoke for almost 3 weeks liao!! kekeke..
U too!! wish ur nose pretty pretty forever!! hehe.. whereas for me, i will see how it goes, if i need a revision, i have to go back to him again.. i want HIGH!!! next time i must say i want a pinocchio's nose!! :^o easier to understand.. hehe..


appletree wrote:Hi ocean11,

Thanks for ur regards. =p
It has been 1 month +++ of my new nose liao. keke
So how bout urs? Pls be good and dont smoke eh..!! =p
Me very good girl, one whole month din even touch a stick. keke

Wish ya speedy recovery soon k and get to see ur new beautiful nose. =)





ocean11 wrote:ok la all.. don say i nvr contribute la..

below are some of the ps clinic that i gather..

u guys can take a look.. but some don have english website, so i guess u got to get a translator liao.. u can get free translator if u want FOC, all u need is to pay he/she transport and meals. they are all volunteer, so pls don bring em to cheapo place for meal, at least a decent one.. pls don sia suay singaporean.. :P

www.bandops.com - this one specialise in eyes
www.miso220.com - this one machiam good in body slimming and neh neh surgery
www.1004clinic.com - this one all have
www.gagaclub.co.kr - this one do liao will make u go gaga! :P should be eveything oso have la..

most of em are located at the famous PS street. Apgujeong subway..it a fairly up market place.

Apple,
me same lor.. do goretex with ear cartilage.. wat choice do i have? rib too major operation.. don wan to go thru that in foreigner country.. die oso don know wat happen.. :o

how ur nose liao?
'

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:54 pm

Waooo next week?? so fast ? keke i tot u be doing in august? keke
Do share with us the nice pics k?
=)





yen2006 wrote:Hi appletree,

happy for you :wink:


My turn for PS again next week :o

User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

Postby yen2006 » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 1:00 am

appletree wrote:Waooo next week?? so fast ? keke i tot u be doing in august? keke
Do share with us the nice pics k?
=)





yen2006 wrote:Hi appletree,

happy for you :wink:


My turn for PS again next week :o





Keke.. ya, I from Oct brought forward to August, then brought forward to next week.


Cant wait liao, coz I got 1 friend did her double eyelid with KALO last wednesday together with her mum so tempting :P


Btw, it's also because my Salon is opening soon so have to do now inorder to look natural by den.. :wink:

244522
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon, 22 Jan 2007

Postby 244522 » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 1:40 am

I've consult Dr Seah before, and seen his past patient photos. I felt that if you really want a significant improvement, I wouldnt reccomend Dr Seah. He does more of a natural and enhancement, whcih for me I want to see great enhancement in my looks if I were to do my nose. :)

Dr Seah counter there got one nurse, I think she did alar, implant. I find it too fake (nose too straight and small at the end), but its nice. She look pretty. Haha. But still not the type I will go for.

I personally felt Dr Martin huang is good, but look a bit fake, dont know is it too perfect that it look a bit fake. Not the kind that I will go for.

Does anyone know the TCS celebrity Yee fong? I find her nose quite ugly, I mean I prefer her looks before rather than after, so I wouldnt want to do under her doctor as while.

Thus left me with overseas options. I still figuring out what nose I want. Hard decision.



tanjhj wrote:
appletree wrote:Hi 244522,

Thanks for ur compliment. =)
Yea it only raise a little because the Dr advise me not to do so high as too high bridge will look harsh on my face features and also will look fake if my nose tip too long. With e new nose, it does makes me look better when i take pics, can see the define of the nose now.
The doctor at who did for me at KALO is Dr.Song. Hes from china but trained in korea and heard hes going to england duno when, i also didnt ask much...so not to worry about his skills though i heard in this forum that kalo has only GP cert? lol
Kalo is run by a chinese, not malay, not to worry about that.
I see most of their customers are rich tai tais over at JB branch. If there were to have anything goes wrong, im sure the rich tai tais over at the KL side will be e 1st to do something then. lol
So not to worry about that, in my own opinion, doing at KALO is actually just like doing in Singapore, the standard.

But on e other hand, pls do more research before u decide on what you want to do, and also the final decision is urs where u would like to have urs done at. =)





244522 wrote:hey appletree

I realise its really nice and natural
But it only rise a little
Does it make a difference to your overall looks?
And which doctor did you went to at Kalo.
And is Kalo a safe place.
I'm worried about the security of the place and profession of the doctors.

Thanks in advance.


Dr Song is a nice man and honest one too and he has over 8 years exp in PS, trained in China and a short course at korea. He is a fully certified doc but as there is no professional board for PS surgeon in China unlike korea, thus it is not fair to say he is not professional certified. However in PS, sometimes the skills is more impt than Certs.. i have seen enough in local PS standard to know that cert doesnt mean skill.

Kalo is a pretty decent place for common PS surgery like doing rhino implant and eyelid surgery. as for facilities wise, i would say look clean and decently equipped for simple surgery. For the price of below 2k for a nose job, it is quite a bargain.

If u ask me for a guage, i would give it 7/10 for overall security and facilities and equipment. 10/10 is like what u see in dr seah & dr wong clinic, those well known local PS clinic standard.

Currently looking and searching at thailand where common PS surgery cost around $300 each and operated by fully certified thai PS surgeon.

i's
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu, 31 May 2007

Postby i's » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 4:19 am

i's
u are welcome, i nvr do much also.. hehe..
ya.. i also find it weird why only oil painting kind.. mabe he don have any nice pic to show..

which area u want to do?


Hi ocean11,
I am getting my eyes done

Seems like a lot of ppl on here are getting their noses. I think I will just do eyes, I don't want to get addicted to plastic surgery, though I can't gurantee that won't happen, haha

shermaine
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 18 Dec 2006

Postby shermaine » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 5:55 am

hi ocean11!

hope u r feeling better now! sorry to hear abt ur nose bridge hgt... well, i'm 1.7m, but does hgt hav to do with high bridge?? coz i think song and many other koreans are quite short ley! but still their bridges are quite high compared to mine.

actually, i asked for relly relly low bridge, in fact my exact words were'the flatter the better, yue bian yue hao' which triggered a lot nof laughter fr him. but i feel that my bridge is still very high! in fact, i m tempted to push it down myself everyday.
but i think tts juz me.

perhaps dr. jung relly feels like tanjhj mentioned, tt ur face is relly small, so high will be harsh??
sorry i cant say anything more...

BUTBUTBUT hope this cheers u up a little, coz like blueberry and hannah mentioned, the bridge thickness WILL definitely thin down and become MUCH more defined. in fact, mine is pretty slim now (i asked for natural, not even narrow), and its only gonna get slimmer durin the next few mths.

re my tip, well...i think ints relly natural, not very round (was very round first 2 mths) but juz wondering if it can be made more well defined nor thinner?? hmm...not sure if u get wat i'm tryin to bring across...but then again, will ask dr., jung wat he feels again

aso tanjhj, revision with him is free he mentioned. think tts wat he told badboy too.

and i rem askin him tt qn. abt removal of gortex. IF i rem correctly, u can remove and hav the revision on the same day/time.
hope this helps!

User avatar
ocean11
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri, 15 Apr 2005
Location: somewhere out there

Postby ocean11 » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 6:31 am

Thanks shermaine, i like natural too. but that doesnt mean it have to be low.. u should see those korean patient that walk into the clinic, their face is even smaller den mine, but the bridge is really high and natural.. i am really confused now as in should i get him to increase the bridge now or to wait for another few more mths? but if base on the swelling now, i already find it too low liao!! which mean after swelling is gng to be worst??
will discuss with him on monday, hopefully he can come out with a solution..
i don know whether our high got to do with the height of the bridge, mabe it have to be balance??
but den again why do he suggested to u for song's nose but not me? will ask him again. now i can only count down the hours to see him on monday again.. :( too many qns to ask..

shermaine wrote:hi ocean11!

hope u r feeling better now! sorry to hear abt ur nose bridge hgt... well, i'm 1.7m, but does hgt hav to do with high bridge?? coz i think song and many other koreans are quite short ley! but still their bridges are quite high compared to mine.

actually, i asked for relly relly low bridge, in fact my exact words were'the flatter the better, yue bian yue hao' which triggered a lot nof laughter fr him. but i feel that my bridge is still very high! in fact, i m tempted to push it down myself everyday.
but i think tts juz me.

perhaps dr. jung relly feels like tanjhj mentioned, tt ur face is relly small, so high will be harsh??
sorry i cant say anything more...

BUTBUTBUT hope this cheers u up a little, coz like blueberry and hannah mentioned, the bridge thickness WILL definitely thin down and become MUCH more defined. in fact, mine is pretty slim now (i asked for natural, not even narrow), and its only gonna get slimmer durin the next few mths.

re my tip, well...i think ints relly natural, not very round (was very round first 2 mths) but juz wondering if it can be made more well defined nor thinner?? hmm...not sure if u get wat i'm tryin to bring across...but then again, will ask dr., jung wat he feels again

aso tanjhj, revision with him is free he mentioned. think tts wat he told badboy too.

and i rem askin him tt qn. abt removal of gortex. IF i rem correctly, u can remove and hav the revision on the same day/time.
hope this helps!

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 10:08 am

yen2006 wrote:
appletree wrote:Waooo next week?? so fast ? keke i tot u be doing in august? keke
Do share with us the nice pics k?
=)





yen2006 wrote:Hi appletree,

happy for you :wink:


My turn for PS again next week :o





Keke.. ya, I from Oct brought forward to August, then brought forward to next week.


Cant wait liao, coz I got 1 friend did her double eyelid with KALO last wednesday together with her mum so tempting :P


Btw, it's also because my Salon is opening soon so have to do now inorder to look natural by den.. :wink:


Yen,

Congratz and Good luck on ur new venture and PS ahead.

Cheers
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 10:18 am

244522 wrote:I've consult Dr Seah before, and seen his past patient photos. I felt that if you really want a significant improvement, I wouldnt reccomend Dr Seah. He does more of a natural and enhancement, whcih for me I want to see great enhancement in my looks if I were to do my nose. :)

Dr Seah counter there got one nurse, I think she did alar, implant. I find it too fake (nose too straight and small at the end), but its nice. She look pretty. Haha. But still not the type I will go for.

I personally felt Dr Martin huang is good, but look a bit fake, dont know is it too perfect that it look a bit fake. Not the kind that I will go for.

Does anyone know the TCS celebrity Yee fong? I find her nose quite ugly, I mean I prefer her looks before rather than after, so I wouldnt want to do under her doctor as while.

Thus left me with overseas options. I still figuring out what nose I want. Hard decision.



tanjhj wrote:
appletree wrote:Hi 244522,

Thanks for ur compliment. =)
Yea it only raise a little because the Dr advise me not to do so high as too high bridge will look harsh on my face features and also will look fake if my nose tip too long. With e new nose, it does makes me look better when i take pics, can see the define of the nose now.
The doctor at who did for me at KALO is Dr.Song. Hes from china but trained in korea and heard hes going to england duno when, i also didnt ask much...so not to worry about his skills though i heard in this forum that kalo has only GP cert? lol
Kalo is run by a chinese, not malay, not to worry about that.
I see most of their customers are rich tai tais over at JB branch. If there were to have anything goes wrong, im sure the rich tai tais over at the KL side will be e 1st to do something then. lol
So not to worry about that, in my own opinion, doing at KALO is actually just like doing in Singapore, the standard.

But on e other hand, pls do more research before u decide on what you want to do, and also the final decision is urs where u would like to have urs done at. =)





244522 wrote:hey appletree

I realise its really nice and natural
But it only rise a little
Does it make a difference to your overall looks?
And which doctor did you went to at Kalo.
And is Kalo a safe place.
I'm worried about the security of the place and profession of the doctors.

Thanks in advance.


Dr Song is a nice man and honest one too and he has over 8 years exp in PS, trained in China and a short course at korea. He is a fully certified doc but as there is no professional board for PS surgeon in China unlike korea, thus it is not fair to say he is not professional certified. However in PS, sometimes the skills is more impt than Certs.. i have seen enough in local PS standard to know that cert doesnt mean skill.

Kalo is a pretty decent place for common PS surgery like doing rhino implant and eyelid surgery. as for facilities wise, i would say look clean and decently equipped for simple surgery. For the price of below 2k for a nose job, it is quite a bargain.

If u ask me for a guage, i would give it 7/10 for overall security and facilities and equipment. 10/10 is like what u see in dr seah & dr wong clinic, those well known local PS clinic standard.

Currently looking and searching at thailand where common PS surgery cost around $300 each and operated by fully certified thai PS surgeon.


agree abt dr seah. but than he is very safe and trusted doctor to go to. Price is average but his svc is one of the better doc in Local PS. he listens and he suggest and he is honest.
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 10:29 am

shermaine wrote:hi ocean11!

hope u r feeling better now! sorry to hear abt ur nose bridge hgt... well, i'm 1.7m, but does hgt hav to do with high bridge?? coz i think song and many other koreans are quite short ley! but still their bridges are quite high compared to mine.

actually, i asked for relly relly low bridge, in fact my exact words were'the flatter the better, yue bian yue hao' which triggered a lot nof laughter fr him. but i feel that my bridge is still very high! in fact, i m tempted to push it down myself everyday.
but i think tts juz me.

perhaps dr. jung relly feels like tanjhj mentioned, tt ur face is relly small, so high will be harsh??
sorry i cant say anything more...

BUTBUTBUT hope this cheers u up a little, coz like blueberry and hannah mentioned, the bridge thickness WILL definitely thin down and become MUCH more defined. in fact, mine is pretty slim now (i asked for natural, not even narrow), and its only gonna get slimmer durin the next few mths.

re my tip, well...i think ints relly natural, not very round (was very round first 2 mths) but juz wondering if it can be made more well defined nor thinner?? hmm...not sure if u get wat i'm tryin to bring across...but then again, will ask dr., jung wat he feels again

aso tanjhj, revision with him is free he mentioned. think tts wat he told badboy too.

and i rem askin him tt qn. abt removal of gortex. IF i rem correctly, u can remove and hav the revision on the same day/time.
hope this helps!


Shermaine,

thanks for ur answers. save Ocean11 a hassle to remember my questions.

i am thinking too that can straight away do revision after removal coz silicone is the straight away revision after removal. just wanna double confirm.

anyway now i know why he charges USD5k liao. to give free revision is really a risk for him.. but nevertheless it is the result that counts.

Regarding if one is suitable for high nose, it depends on the " length "of the face plus the brow stucture plus the cheek structure. Next will be how tight the nose skin and whether how much it can stretch. of coz there is other conditions that restricts the height. Last will be how close ur eyes are apart from each other. but most of ppl, who cant have high bridges have restrictions in one or all of the abv 3 conditions.

good news for those with tight skin at nose area. it may be still possible if u redo the nose after a year or two, allowing the skin to grow and expand. than replace the implant with another one of higher nose bridge, etc..
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Postby takuda » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 11:14 am

if i had the ability i'll definitely go for dr jung. in my opinion, those considering whether to go for dr kim or jung should not only consider the skills, but also the doctor's attitude. it's like if dr kim has the best skills but he bo chap u after surgery, it's not very good also. everyone said dr jung is fatherly, free revision some more! dr jungggggggg!
Cry when you get ripped.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Postby takuda » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 11:18 am

tanjhj: ermm if i remb correctly, tht time appletree(or someone else) called kalo, then i asked them help me ask, they don't do tip. and the price of korean style goretex L implant is like 3k plus! if they got do, i won't even consider flying to taiwan. :(
Cry when you get ripped.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Postby takuda » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 11:21 am

yen2006 wrote:Hi appletree,

happy for you :wink:


My turn for PS again next week :o


nice nice eyes soon, yen!! all the best! :D
Cry when you get ripped.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests