Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Bathtub
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue, 19 Sep 2006

Postby Bathtub » Fri, 25 May 2007 6:14 pm

tanjhj wrote:
Bathtub wrote:
candall wrote:Bathtub all the best to you :D


Thanks so much :wink:

Just finish cutting my flesh >.<...numbness medicine going off, feeling headache liao... won't be able to see the stitch for a week...coz don't have to change dressing...hope i won't accidentally slap myself while sleeping :oops:

Oh..the doc got character leh (perhaps too busy) ...don't even have chance to say thanks & he's off...LOL

Cheers!


avoid ginger, fried food, seafood and dark sauce for at least 2 weeks to 4 weeks. trust me! i regret not strict on this for my mole removal early this year.


Thanks for your info =) I'll ask my mama cook fish porridge with no ginger everyday...and drink more water take more fruits. Can't wait to remove stitch!

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun, 12 Feb 2006

Postby leenaaaa » Fri, 25 May 2007 9:01 pm

Jovinliu,

Hey Jovin, I'll be going for a consultation with Dr Chuang next month re revision double eyelid surgery. How are your eyes now?

Also, if you do not mind, could I see pics of your new lovely eyes? =) Thanks!
Last edited by leenaaaa on Wed, 25 Jul 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mermaid_c
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 25 May 2007

Re: BK CLINIC

Postby mermaid_c » Fri, 25 May 2007 10:49 pm

PlasticKorea wrote:http://www.bkclinic.com/english/ HAS NEW PICTURE SIMULATION... just go to the site and click the tab "simulation" then you can upload you picture, and he will change the picture to show you what you will look like after surgery!!!!!
he has been doing this on the korean site for a long time... and it is amazing!... but you had to have a Korean Citizen's number to load a picture... but on the english site you need nothing but a picture!


Oh and MY PICTURES are the first 2 pictures... nickname "Chrissy" i want to see what my nose will look like!! After it's done I want you opinions on which looks better! :D


Hi PlasticKorea,

I am too planning to go korea in dec for a rhino. From your previous postings, you will be going to either taiwan or korea.

So what are your plans? I am going to seoul (first trip) this jun 11 to 15 for a few consultation before i decide who to go to.

Cheers
Mermard

kalyn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu, 26 Apr 2007

Postby kalyn » Sat, 26 May 2007 6:16 am

PlasticKorea wrote:
kalyn wrote:
PlasticKorea wrote:here are some pics of the buccal fat for cheeks...
sorry i couldnt find any asian ones~ lol or movie star ones... but you can see a big difference in these peoples cheeks!

http://www.doctortaylor.com/Tlr_list.asp?type=Proc&data=Buccal_Fat

http://www.beverlyhillsbody.com/beforeafter/buccal01.html

http://www.drbrent.com/buccalfatexcision.php



Wow, thanks for the links!! The buccal fat removal indeed make a difference in the overall face shape.

When I emailed Dr. Chuang, i told him I want a slimmer face and told him I'm considering facial lipo, he told me it's possible for me to achieve a slimmer face by cheeks lipo. But he didn't say anything about buccal fats removal.

Can someone please advise me what is the difference with buccal fat removal and cheek liposuction? Which is better at achieving the slim face? Which is more risky? Does anyone know? :???: Appreciate if someone who knows can kindly share... Thanks!



BUCCAL FAT REMOVAL---READ

Buccal fat are pads of fat that augment the lower part of the cheeks. These “chubby cheeks,”

kalyn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu, 26 Apr 2007

Postby kalyn » Sat, 26 May 2007 6:17 am

appletree wrote:Hi guys,

Just to share with u all, my new nose. This pic is taken on e 3rd week of nose ps done at kalo.

Though it may not reach the expectations of some of u, but im actaully quite happy with my new nose now, cos it looks very natural, and the good thing is nobody realise i did something to my nose... keke

During the 1st to 2nd week of post op, i was kinder paranoid because my nose tip was so round and looks big, but by e 3rd week, it slowly subside liao, and after reading addvark's post experiences, i guess on e 3d month, my tip will definately looks more shaper. =)

Heres e attachement http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/6315/untitledul7.jpg

And also, i would like to thanks yen though i asked her so many questions. =p


Hi appletree, your nose is very pretty! Hehe happy for you! :D

kalyn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu, 26 Apr 2007

Postby kalyn » Sat, 26 May 2007 7:08 am

tanjhj wrote:Dear Forumers who are going to do their PS,

Plz take note that thou PS is pretty advanced now, with revolutionary techiniques which can change the features almost 100%, however do note that Individual features that is desired, may not suit the overall features thus making it "fakish" looking or "weird".

Choosing the right features and shape is very important and doesnt mean a perfect features of another person would look good on your face. Thus choose the features carefully with the advice from the PS surgeon else you have to bear with your decision if the choice was not as good as expected.

Of Coz letting your Doc clearly knows what features u want is also very important! Communication must be 100% correct and the same else result may varies or stray from expected. example.. Medium crease (7-9mm) to Sporean may be High Crease to taiwanese. Thus be specific. use 8mm, 9mm or even 10mm to let doc know how high the crease u want instead of telling the doc you want medium crease.



Yah , I do agree that some desirable features on another's face might not suit our face. But the stressing thing would be, how do we know if it suits or not suit our face? For instance, I like Dawn Yang's nose, how would I know if her nose will or will not suit my face? :???: Does that mean we have to take the photos of many different beautiful noses of different people to show the surgeon and ask which will suit our face? :?

True that communication is important... maybe it's easier to relay expections on eyelid surgeries, the different mm of the creases as mentioned. But when it comes to the height of the nose, how should i relay my expectations to the doctor? Can someone please explain to me on this? Thanks!!

Bathtub
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue, 19 Sep 2006

Postby Bathtub » Sat, 26 May 2007 10:28 am

Hi Morning...

Is it normal for the eye lids to be sunken & nose bridge swollen if I had some stitch on the forehead near eyes? Just woke up & my eyes are now 1/2 open... :cry:

User avatar
Jang
Regular
Regular
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue, 30 Jan 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: BK CLINIC

Postby Jang » Sat, 26 May 2007 11:58 am

Hi Mermaid,

If you are interested to visit BK Clinic in June i can, link you up with Dr Kim coz i know him.

And if you don't mind, there will be a girl going to his clinic to have some procedures done by him in June ad maybe you can join her.

This is my e-mail : eliza74elaine@yahoo.com.sg

Regards,

mermaid_c wrote:
PlasticKorea wrote:http://www.bkclinic.com/english/ HAS NEW PICTURE SIMULATION... just go to the site and click the tab "simulation" then you can upload you picture, and he will change the picture to show you what you will look like after surgery!!!!!
he has been doing this on the korean site for a long time... and it is amazing!... but you had to have a Korean Citizen's number to load a picture... but on the english site you need nothing but a picture!


Oh and MY PICTURES are the first 2 pictures... nickname "Chrissy" i want to see what my nose will look like!! After it's done I want you opinions on which looks better! :D


Hi PlasticKorea,

I am too planning to go korea in dec for a rhino. From your previous postings, you will be going to either taiwan or korea.

So what are your plans? I am going to seoul (first trip) this jun 11 to 15 for a few consultation before i decide who to go to.

Cheers
Mermard
:wink: :wink:
Beauty Korea 장
eliza74elaine@hotmail.com

User avatar
Shiyun
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue, 25 Jul 2006

Matching Features

Postby Shiyun » Sat, 26 May 2007 1:00 pm

I think we can try to use our imagination and imagine if the particular feature we like is fitted onto our face , how shall we appear 8-)

This will help us to visualize if we would be prettier or not.

I'm also going to Dr. Kim with a pair of a korean girl's eyes to ask him to make my eyes similar to hers. :wink:
I love Korea - it's a very beautiful country

User avatar
Shiyun
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue, 25 Jul 2006

q

Postby Shiyun » Sat, 26 May 2007 1:23 pm

:)
Last edited by Shiyun on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love Korea - it's a very beautiful country

DMN
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed, 10 May 2006

Re: BK CLINIC

Postby DMN » Sat, 26 May 2007 3:20 pm

Jang wrote:Hi Mermaid,

If you are interested to visit BK Clinic in June i can, link you up with Dr Kim coz i know him.

And if you don't mind, there will be a girl going to his clinic to have some procedures done by him in June ad maybe you can join her.

This is my e-mail : eliza74elaine@yahoo.com.sg

Regards,




Hi Jang,

I notice you have been promoting BK Clinic and Dr. Kim and claiming that you know him personally.

Please may I understand what do you get from such promotion? If I am not wrong, you did not go to him for surgery.

Do not get me wrong - from various forums and media reports, we all know BK Clinic and Dr. Kim are reputable.

Certainly, from his popularity, Dr. Kim does not need more promotion and is probably fully booked all the time. There is no benefit for anyone to 'go thru' you since BK Clinic's service is comprehensive to cater for English-speaking patients on their own.

There are other forummers who promote or highly recommend some docs either:
1. They have satisfactory results from the docs or
2. They researched and find these docs' work from other forums/friends good and are posting these docs info for reference/sharing.


regards,
dmn

User avatar
Jang
Regular
Regular
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue, 30 Jan 2007
Location: Singapore

PS Buddies

Postby Jang » Sat, 26 May 2007 3:52 pm

Hi freesia,

I'm gathering a group of PS Buddies to go korea BK Clinic in Nov, would you be interested to join us?

This is my e-mail address eliza74elaine@yahoo.com.sg, I'll be most happy to provide you more information about Dr Kim. Wink

Do e-mail me if anyone would like to read about Dr Kim interview article when he's in Singapore. :)

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Postby takuda » Sat, 26 May 2007 7:24 pm

i need 5k at least for taiwannnnnn. there are no local surgeons which can do what dr chuang can do ie reposition the cartilage? :(
Cry when you get ripped.

User avatar
Jang
Regular
Regular
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue, 30 Jan 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: BK CLINIC

Postby Jang » Sat, 26 May 2007 10:27 pm

Dear Dmn,

Yes, Dr. Kim is my friend and I promote his clinic.
No matter How popular and reputable a doctor is, nobody is fully booked all the time. Besides, unlike other life concerning medical practices, Plastic surgery business is very competitive and promotion is essential, even for Dr. BK Kim.

I have read your postings and I noticed you are very knowledgeable about plastic surgery and doctors. And you provide us with valuable knowledges. I believe you won't have any problem making your own decisions and travel alone for a surgery. But, not all of us girls are so adventurous or capable.

That is where I can come in. I can convey prospective patient's concerns and requests to BK before hand. And when and if a girl made up her mind for a surgery, I can coordinate a budget trip for her, most possibly with a few other girls. It will help her save good money and agony. By the way, I only recommend how to travel and where to stay cheaper. You will pay directly to service providers at costs. We, gals, tend to be more comfortable as a group together, especially, for an overwhelming trip like a plastic surgery trip to a foreign language speaking country like Korea. Sometimes, they end up hanging around together in a popular area like Myongdong and etc..... before surgeries. And make the trip more memorable.
And I always ask for better rates for my friends from BK.

Quiet frankly, if you feel that you don't need my service and you can be your own, then, it is your choice. I still wish you all the best.

BTW, I haven't done any procedure on my face yet. Though not perfect, I feel my face is reasonably balanced. If there is one area that I need to enhance, that is my nose bridge. I am still thinking if I really need it or not.

Regards,
Jang



quote="DMN"]
Jang wrote:Hi Mermaid,

If you are interested to visit BK Clinic in June i can, link you up with Dr Kim coz i know him.

And if you don't mind, there will be a girl going to his clinic to have some procedures done by him in June ad maybe you can join her.

This is my e-mail : eliza74elaine@yahoo.com.sg

Regards,




Hi Jang,

I notice you have been promoting BK Clinic and Dr. Kim and claiming that you know him personally.

Please may I understand what do you get from such promotion? If I am not wrong, you did not go to him for surgery.

Do not get me wrong - from various forums and media reports, we all know BK Clinic and Dr. Kim are reputable.

Certainly, from his popularity, Dr. Kim does not need more promotion and is probably fully booked all the time. There is no benefit for anyone to 'go thru' you since BK Clinic's service is comprehensive to cater for English-speaking patients on their own.

There are other forummers who promote or highly recommend some docs either:
1. They have satisfactory results from the docs or
2. They researched and find these docs' work from other forums/friends good and are posting these docs info for reference/sharing.


regards,
dmn[/quote]

DMN
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed, 10 May 2006

Re: BK CLINIC

Postby DMN » Sun, 27 May 2007 1:41 am

Jang wrote:Dear Dmn,

Yes, Dr. Kim is my friend and I promote his clinic.
No matter How popular and reputable a doctor is, nobody is fully booked all the time. Besides, unlike other life concerning medical practices, Plastic surgery business is very competitive and promotion is essential, even for Dr. BK Kim.

I have read your postings and I noticed you are very knowledgeable about plastic surgery and doctors. And you provide us with valuable knowledges. I believe you won't have any problem making your own decisions and travel alone for a surgery. But, not all of us girls are so adventurous or capable.

That is where I can come in. I can convey prospective patient's concerns and requests to BK before hand. And when and if a girl made up her mind for a surgery, I can coordinate a budget trip for her, most possibly with a few other girls. It will help her save good money and agony. By the way, I only recommend how to travel and where to stay cheaper. You will pay directly to service providers at costs. We, gals, tend to be more comfortable as a group together, especially, for an overwhelming trip like a plastic surgery trip to a foreign language speaking country like Korea. Sometimes, they end up hanging around together in a popular area like Myongdong and etc..... before surgeries. And make the trip more memorable.
And I always ask for better rates for my friends from BK.

Quiet frankly, if you feel that you don't need my service and you can be your own, then, it is your choice. I still wish you all the best.

BTW, I haven't done any procedure on my face yet. Though not perfect, I feel my face is reasonably balanced. If there is one area that I need to enhance, that is my nose bridge. I am still thinking if I really need it or not.

Regards,
Jang



Dear Jang,

No, I m not knowledgeable and I belong to the specie of ‘us girls’. Also, you know nothing abt me to label me as ‘adventurous’ or ‘capable’.

I am just as insecure and as lost as other forumers here who are seeking PS and are looking for support / info thru this great thread.

BTW:
1. anyone who can goggle this thread wld be able to search cheap flights, accommodations, and research for entertainment and leisure in South Korea from the net/ contacts.
2. driven by her/his desire for beauty /aesthetics, the person will also be able to articulate / bargain / consult the docs to voice their concerns on op and price.
3. despite being strangers, there r forumers who group on their own when their docs and op schedules are same.

Above do not make the person capable or adventurous. This is just being 21st century.

Airlines and hotels are also very competition businesses. They also have agents/brokers who help them to promote for $$$$. Such service is all good for consumers if they come with suitable service and transparency. Chances are they do not hide behind a nick, they are registered companies who are professionally organized, and their informations goes beyond just xxx IS the best.

There r profit-making agencies promoting PS docs, of course. One example is:
http://www.ips-kr.com/ips-c/gb/ips_040203/index.htm

This is all no problem. I was confused abt yr role and just need to know if you were touting - that’s all.

I read Dr. Kim’s media coverage, his posh office and the expensive suits he wears, I was just thinking to myself – surely, as no. 1 PS docs in south Korea, he understands what presentation and effective marketing is, and, does not require a nick in an open forum hard-selling his clinic. Well, maybe, I am wrong.

Thank you for clarifications.

All the best,
dmn


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest