Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Re: hello

Postby takuda » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:43 pm

ahmeilover wrote:
takuda wrote:
ahmeilover wrote:hey everyone.... chatted wif 1 of the forumer frens las nite..

haha... totally inspired.. anyway heard of adveerk and yen intro kalo at JB... tot of going to do alar coz i always wanted a alar but dr sukit at Yanhee dun do it for me.. sianz...

any kakis?? :D


yes yen's pic shows that kalo is rather good at alar. but i think there's a reason for dr sukit not agreeing to do with u. maybe u should consult first. i also considering kalo, but will confirm if they do goretex I implant and tip refinement separately like dr chuang/jung first. if yes, then i'll go. price very reasonable also! :)


Hello takuda.. have u went to kalo for consultation? wanna go together coz i wanna go for consult 1st.. anyway u r rite.. i tot of it b4 why sukit dun do it for me aso.... but somehow like wat i mention b4... seems no much diff for my nose so rather sad n depress abt it... althou they call it the NATURAL look... haiz

Most prob i will go kalo for my alar.. price is reasonable and seems good aso.. most impt thing is NEAR US.. lol


i think dr sukit is those who are the 'play safe' kind, he suggests what he can do best. he doesn't recommend L-shaped implant just because he doesn't use them. so do it if u really think u need it. i am going for consultation i think. but not now. :( around nov.

and and, can someone actually explain tipoplasty in detail? is it removing fats from the tip? and what is the tip injection aadvark mentioned above?? :)
Cry when you get ripped.

User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

Re: hello

Postby yen2006 » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 4:56 pm

ahmeilover wrote:
yen2006 wrote:
ahmeilover wrote:hey everyone.... chatted wif 1 of the forumer frens las nite..

haha... totally inspired.. anyway heard of adveerk and yen intro kalo at JB... tot of going to do alar coz i always wanted a alar but dr sukit at Yanhee dun do it for me.. sianz...

any kakis?? :D


Hi ahmeilover,

I did email to dr sukit a few months before , he said only do I implant never do alar . tat's why i drop the idea of going to him.

Btw, I think KALO is very good in nose implant, alar, double eyelid & Breasts.,price also quite cheap compare to Singapore hehe :wink:

1 week before I did my alar with KALO, my good friend also did there, very happy with her alar too. :P

yen


Hello yen! Thanks for reply... hmm... actually care to tell me wat the alar surgery have did to your nose diff? Oh ya u have ur implant there together??

Oh ya.. How u went to kalo? By cab? isit far? U went in for consultation 1st or did it all at once? Thanks!



Hi ahmeilover,

alar makes a lot of difference, i look prettier keke.. :oops:

I have attached my photo for your reference.

1st photo before alar
2nd photo 2weeks after alar (still swollen),


http://img174.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 25wqr.smil


Nose will deswell even more as time passes, think alar works wonders should have done it together with implant :lol:


yen
Last edited by yen2006 on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

alar

Postby yen2006 » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 5:51 pm

Hi ahmeilover,

I did my nose implant at KALO 30 Dec 2006.

About 3 months later then do my Alar at KALO again.

Usually, my hb drive me to KALO, but I ever take bus 950 from Woodlands bus interchange to jb custom, quite fast reach KALO in 20 mins time, faster then car coz car lane always jam but no jam for bus lane.
Take a cab abt rm 6-8 from jb custom after alighting bus 950, will bring you to KALO.

yen :roll:

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Re: hello

Postby appletree » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 2:43 am

Hi yen2006,

waoo... ur nose do look nice after the alar. =)

Congrats.. 8-)


yen[/quote]

Hello yen! Thanks for reply... hmm... actually care to tell me wat the alar surgery have did to your nose diff? Oh ya u have ur implant there together??

Oh ya.. How u went to kalo? By cab? isit far? U went in for consultation 1st or did it all at once? Thanks![/quote]


Hi ahmeilover,

alar makes a lot of difference, i look prettier keke.. :oops:

I have attached my photo for your reference.

1st photo before alar
2nd photo 2weeks after alar (still swollen),


http://img174.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 25wqr.smil


Nose will deswell even more as time passes, think alar works wonders should have done it together with implant :lol:


yen[/quote]

User avatar
Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri, 29 Dec 2006

Postby Velvet_CK » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 2:44 am

aadvark wrote:Just watched the korean movie, 200 Pound Beauty...
This movie totally inspires people to go for plastic surgery!
a heartfelt touching comedy, everyone in this topic should watch it :D

Image


Hey I just watched it. A really great show, especially the singing part. Tons of discussions about PS after the movie :D

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 3:37 am

U mean the movie is up liao? In GV or Cathay?


Velvet_CK wrote:
aadvark wrote:Just watched the korean movie, 200 Pound Beauty...
This movie totally inspires people to go for plastic surgery!
a heartfelt touching comedy, everyone in this topic should watch it :D

Image


Hey I just watched it. A really great show, especially the singing part. Tons of discussions about PS after the movie :D

shopaholic
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby shopaholic » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:12 am

Hi everyone, I am all prepared to do a nose surgery (rhinoplasty) and have chosen Taipei since I have a friend here who is willing to put me up during the recovery period.

My first choice was actually Dr Zhang (Yan Lu) who studied in Toronto and has a clinic in Taipei (Xinyi District), but upon calling the clinic, the reception told me the doctor will only be able to perform a rhinoplasty after May 20th as he is going overseas and wouldn't be contactable during the recovery period if I did the surgery now.

And so, I called Dr Xu Yong Kang as mentioned (and recommended?) by a member of this forum (JovinLiu). I have tried to search for information on this particular doctor on the web but found nothing literally. I called the clinic up and the lady from the reception asked me when I want the surgery. I told her I hope for it to be ASAP, and she said, "oh then you can come do it tomorrow, I'll schedule you a time and you can do it right after consultion." My initial feeling was happy as it is of course awesome that I can do the surgery the next day. But the thing is I am worried since there wasn't a need to book in advanced nor was the lady gave me a "warm/friendly" kind of feeling on the phone, more like strictly business. Any help or advice on whether or not I should just go have a look and consult the doctor tomorrow morning would be much, much appreciated.

Another doctor whom I am considering would be fairly more pricey as he (and his clinic) have gotten a lot of media exposure over the years. The doctor's name is 張炯銘 but a friend of mine said her experience at his surgery center was not a good one because the ladies there were very pushy, telling her stuff like, "you should do this, you should change that...".

Basically, I will just go ahead with Dr. Xu Yong Kang tomorrow if I feel comfortable with him. I am just apprehensive since there wasn't a need to book at least a week in advanced. It was more immediate anything, so right now I am happy but just a tad nervous. Any advice and thoughts will be very much appreciated. Thank you!

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 4:11 pm

Hi yen,

Hmm... how much $$ does KALO charge for their kyt (epicanthoplasty) & Blenothoplasty? (sorry i duno if thats e correct spelling) keke.

Do u have their phone number to call?? :)

ahmeilover
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu, 09 Mar 2006

Postby ahmeilover » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 4:29 pm

appletree wrote:Hi yen,

Hmm... how much $$ does KALO charge for their kyt (epicanthoplasty) & Blenothoplasty? (sorry i duno if thats e correct spelling) keke.

Do u have their phone number to call?? :)


Hello appletree... u interested in epicanthoplasty

ahmeilover
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu, 09 Mar 2006

hello

Postby ahmeilover » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 4:31 pm

Hello yen.... Ur nose really v nice... how i wish my nose is as high as u... =(((

but noe from adveerk that actually kalo charges RM2800 or wat.. cant rem for alar if ur implant is not done there.. so saddd... :(

ahmeilover
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu, 09 Mar 2006

hello

Postby ahmeilover » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 4:33 pm

Hello takuda... ya lo.. i really need i need it.. if u guys see my pic will tink its a failed surgery.. =( sad

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 4:34 pm

appletree wrote:Hi yen,

Hmm... how much $$ does KALO charge for their kyt (epicanthoplasty) & Blenothoplasty? (sorry i duno if thats e correct spelling) keke.

Do u have their phone number to call?? :)


i went there for consultation on sunday, i have whole list of prices (me kiasu), keke :)

will post them when i return home from work

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 4:47 pm

If you are skeptical, you can just make an appointment for consultation with Dr Hsu, but i'm sure he will suggest you to do the surgery immediately. Then it's up to you. For me, i did it immediately after. As for 張炯銘, did your friend tell you that he did not have a Plastic Surgeon certification? What i heard is that what he is holding is a GP cert. Alot of celebrities goes to him, but again, it's up to you. I know he is good in liposuction and breast, as for facial aesthetic, didn't hear much raves about him.



/Jovin

shopaholic wrote:Hi everyone, I am all prepared to do a nose surgery (rhinoplasty) and have chosen Taipei since I have a friend here who is willing to put me up during the recovery period.

My first choice was actually Dr Zhang (Yan Lu) who studied in Toronto and has a clinic in Taipei (Xinyi District), but upon calling the clinic, the reception told me the doctor will only be able to perform a rhinoplasty after May 20th as he is going overseas and wouldn't be contactable during the recovery period if I did the surgery now.

And so, I called Dr Xu Yong Kang as mentioned (and recommended?) by a member of this forum (JovinLiu). I have tried to search for information on this particular doctor on the web but found nothing literally. I called the clinic up and the lady from the reception asked me when I want the surgery. I told her I hope for it to be ASAP, and she said, "oh then you can come do it tomorrow, I'll schedule you a time and you can do it right after consultion." My initial feeling was happy as it is of course awesome that I can do the surgery the next day. But the thing is I am worried since there wasn't a need to book in advanced nor was the lady gave me a "warm/friendly" kind of feeling on the phone, more like strictly business. Any help or advice on whether or not I should just go have a look and consult the doctor tomorrow morning would be much, much appreciated.

Another doctor whom I am considering would be fairly more pricey as he (and his clinic) have gotten a lot of media exposure over the years. The doctor's name is 張炯銘 but a friend of mine said her experience at his surgery center was not a good one because the ladies there were very pushy, telling her stuff like, "you should do this, you should change that...".

Basically, I will just go ahead with Dr. Xu Yong Kang tomorrow if I feel comfortable with him. I am just apprehensive since there wasn't a need to book at least a week in advanced. It was more immediate anything, so right now I am happy but just a tad nervous. Any advice and thoughts will be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 5:22 pm

Hey hi addvork,

Do share with us the whole pricelist leh, :p

By the way, does KALO do tip graft from septal cartilage for the nose tip??



aadvark wrote:
appletree wrote:Hi yen,

Hmm... how much $$ does KALO charge for their kyt (epicanthoplasty) & Blenothoplasty? (sorry i duno if thats e correct spelling) keke.

Do u have their phone number to call?? :)


i went there for consultation on sunday, i have whole list of prices (me kiasu), keke :)

will post them when i return home from work

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 5:27 pm

H ahmeilover,

Im rather interested after seeing cupid's pic. keke
Ermmm... actually wanted to go over to Dr chuang, but im afraid its too far.. haiz.

But so far how many successful cases like yen's in here?

Seems like alot of people in here going to kalo rite? Not much news from people going to Dr. Chuang in here leh, how come arh?? :???:


ahmeilover wrote:
appletree wrote:Hi yen,

Hmm... how much $$ does KALO charge for their kyt (epicanthoplasty) & Blenothoplasty? (sorry i duno if thats e correct spelling) keke.

Do u have their phone number to call?? :)


Hello appletree... u interested in epicanthoplasty


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest