Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:07 am

aadvark wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
aadvark wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
jass82 wrote:Hi mbk

I'm doing double eyelid and the rhino. I don't know how long will take me to recover.. i've only 2 wks too. Don't think my boss will be too happy if i take longer then that lol.

Have you gone for consultation already?

mbk wrote:Hi Jass,

What are you planning on having done? I am scared too. I can only take two weeks off and I am wondering if that is enough time to recover as I do not want people seeing me all funny.

The hardest decision for me is just taking the final step and going thru it!



2 weeks is a big risk.. may need to expect to go back with heavy makeup to cover the evidences..

once u do ur eyes and nose, sure got ppl will notice the diff de.. so be prepared for onslaught of the aunties....


I took 2 weeks leave too, after my PS! I made a pair of new specs with thick frame to draw attention away from my nose. My fren did the same with hers, no one noticed our slightly swollen noses!

My eyelids however too longer to recover and i had to pass it off as an eye infection! I had double eyelids in the first place, my doctor just sewed it higher to give the illusion of bigger eyes :)


Hmm u got a specs even after u did a rhino? plz make sure the specs is not heavy? coz the guideline is that one shouldnt wear specs at least 1 mth post rhino ops.. plz take a note at this... :-|


oh, din read abt that, oops! My specs all plastic, so quite light, pretty myopic so cannot dun wear specs also... luckily, my nose seems alright now, keke :D


oic, no prob. try to min. the time u wear spec bah...take care :wink:
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 2:23 am

tanjhj wrote:
aadvark wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
ecila wrote:Hi ,

I was thinking of going to Korea for shopping but in the end thought about maybe a ps on my nose will be more worthwhile. Dr Jung is my only consideration now. I would like to ask are there any stuffs which i need to prepare myself for the trip? Two weeks stay is the norm? is 7k enough for all? inclusive for the car accommodation from the airport? is 19 years old too young for ps?


7k is abit tight, but a female forumer did it with shoestring budget and she is ard ur age alone.

she stayed in budget backpacker i believe. hotel stay is the killer for most PS oversea thus if u can find a cheap stay and live on cheaper food, then 7k++ may be possible for accomodation, food and surgery.


I think i am pretty lucky. I just got interested when i heard my fren tokking abt going for plastic surgery, and i enquired how much it'd cost.
Sounded cheap, and her mum looked pretty nice (did it a few years back).
So 3 of us got it done at the same doctor, I must say all of us are pretty happy with the results, and enjoying the compliments too! :D

I spent SGD$1000 for my eyelids, nose, and chin. Now i read thru this forum, and i realise how expensive it could have been! hee, thankfully, this round save me enuff for subsequent PS session.

tanjhj, do you know where jaw augmentation can be done? My doc couldn't do it as he wasn;t familiar with the procedure...


hi,

ur PS is cheap.. where u did it? can share? :D

jaw surgery if involved bone cutting is a major surgery, i need to ask if u are considering reshaping ur jaw or adding implant to ur jaw?

if bone cutting or sawing, gotta find a good doc siah, i think imjase will be a better person since he just did his at wish clinic..


i did mine in hatyai
Nose - 8000 baht
Chin - 8000 baht
Dbl Eyelid - 6000 baht

I am just looking at jaw implants, reshaping will prob involve too much downtime which i cannot afford.

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 2:35 am

aadvark wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
aadvark wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
ecila wrote:Hi ,

I was thinking of going to Korea for shopping but in the end thought about maybe a ps on my nose will be more worthwhile. Dr Jung is my only consideration now. I would like to ask are there any stuffs which i need to prepare myself for the trip? Two weeks stay is the norm? is 7k enough for all? inclusive for the car accommodation from the airport? is 19 years old too young for ps?


7k is abit tight, but a female forumer did it with shoestring budget and she is ard ur age alone.

she stayed in budget backpacker i believe. hotel stay is the killer for most PS oversea thus if u can find a cheap stay and live on cheaper food, then 7k++ may be possible for accomodation, food and surgery.


I think i am pretty lucky. I just got interested when i heard my fren tokking abt going for plastic surgery, and i enquired how much it'd cost.
Sounded cheap, and her mum looked pretty nice (did it a few years back).
So 3 of us got it done at the same doctor, I must say all of us are pretty happy with the results, and enjoying the compliments too! :D

I spent SGD$1000 for my eyelids, nose, and chin. Now i read thru this forum, and i realise how expensive it could have been! hee, thankfully, this round save me enuff for subsequent PS session.

tanjhj, do you know where jaw augmentation can be done? My doc couldn't do it as he wasn;t familiar with the procedure...


hi,

ur PS is cheap.. where u did it? can share? :D

jaw surgery if involved bone cutting is a major surgery, i need to ask if u are considering reshaping ur jaw or adding implant to ur jaw?

if bone cutting or sawing, gotta find a good doc siah, i think imjase will be a better person since he just did his at wish clinic..


i did mine in hatyai
Nose - 8000 baht
Chin - 8000 baht
Dbl Eyelid - 6000 baht

I am just looking at jaw implants, reshaping will prob involve too much downtime which i cannot afford.


http://www.surgeons.or.th/members/membe ... p?ids=2064

this doctor from this hospital abv?

Chin = 347SGD
Nose = 347 SGD
Eyelid = 280SGD

u did cutting or stitch method?

ok thats is the local rate which i tried to get from a BKK PS clinic but he refused saying non thai must pay USD$500 each. :lol:

How is your feedback from his operation skill? i think at this rate if the skill is good, many ppl can save alot by flying there and stay there. Tix and hotel is cheap there. even flying there and staying hotel also wont cost more than 500sgd for 2 weeks

jaw implant.. hmm what is ur budget? hmm are u consider to change ur chin implant?
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 2:59 am

Image

this kind of nose is roughly what dr jung may have did for some patients. i am not sure if dr jung purposely did this kind of nose or he was told by the patients but i wonder who find the nose nice? on asian face of coz.. :lol:
Last edited by tanjhj on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

chiqita
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 22 Feb 2006

Postby chiqita » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 4:27 am

Hi ocean11,

Initially thought of going to Dr. Kim but after reading about his post surgery experience by several forumers, I was put off. Hence decided to go to Dr. Jung and especially several forumers who did their PS with him were really happy with his service and the outcome.

I've also been thinking about this for over a year now and finally decided that I'll do it now or never.

I'm not too sure about this 'prominent nose' that Dr. Jung seems to be giving his patients. However, from what I see on the website, the nose, particularly on female patients seems to suit them. Also it's very encouraging to know that he has other pictures of his patients not on the website which are way better. In any case, I'm not looking for small and sharp nose; only wish for something that goes with my face. I already have a sharp and high bridge to begin with. However just need to correct my nose after an orthodontic surgery 2 years back which totally changed my nose profile.

Shopping for other PS in Seoul is probably a good idea but it's too much work for me... ha ha. I'd prefer shop for shoes and clothes while I'm there. :)

Anyway, good luck with your decision and surgery!

Cheers,
C




ocean11 wrote:
chiqita wrote:Dear Hannah Lee/ Shermaine/ Blueberrymochi/ Badboy/ Winnie2006,

Is there a number for Twin Haus that I could call to book a room reservation? I tried calling the number on website but the lady who answered the phone could not speak English and gave a mobile number which does not work.

Greatly appreciate your help here. Thanks.

Rgds,
C




Hannah Lee wrote:Mynose,

I went to Korea in June. It was summertime and hot. My nose healed fine.

I know alot of ppl say cold weather is better for healing etc but honestly i think its your own preference. I love hot weather and I healed quickly so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.


Chiqita,
u leaving in 2 weeks time!? good luck dude.. me leaving to korea on end may too.. hehe..
But i stil haven decide which clinic.. too many to choose.. haiz.. tiring.. Heard lotsa good view in dreamclinic as well, really make me confused.. and taiwanese recommanded magic clinic.. fainted boy.. :???:

Not that i don have confidence with Dr Jung.. just that his website photos for ladies really not impressive.. abit too big for lady face..
so i decided to go korea famous 'Plastic surgery street' and consult before i make decision.. :P

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 4:42 am

tanjhj wrote:
aadvark wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
aadvark wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
ecila wrote:Hi ,

I was thinking of going to Korea for shopping but in the end thought about maybe a ps on my nose will be more worthwhile. Dr Jung is my only consideration now. I would like to ask are there any stuffs which i need to prepare myself for the trip? Two weeks stay is the norm? is 7k enough for all? inclusive for the car accommodation from the airport? is 19 years old too young for ps?


7k is abit tight, but a female forumer did it with shoestring budget and she is ard ur age alone.

she stayed in budget backpacker i believe. hotel stay is the killer for most PS oversea thus if u can find a cheap stay and live on cheaper food, then 7k++ may be possible for accomodation, food and surgery.


I think i am pretty lucky. I just got interested when i heard my fren tokking abt going for plastic surgery, and i enquired how much it'd cost.
Sounded cheap, and her mum looked pretty nice (did it a few years back).
So 3 of us got it done at the same doctor, I must say all of us are pretty happy with the results, and enjoying the compliments too! :D

I spent SGD$1000 for my eyelids, nose, and chin. Now i read thru this forum, and i realise how expensive it could have been! hee, thankfully, this round save me enuff for subsequent PS session.

tanjhj, do you know where jaw augmentation can be done? My doc couldn't do it as he wasn;t familiar with the procedure...


hi,

ur PS is cheap.. where u did it? can share? :D

jaw surgery if involved bone cutting is a major surgery, i need to ask if u are considering reshaping ur jaw or adding implant to ur jaw?

if bone cutting or sawing, gotta find a good doc siah, i think imjase will be a better person since he just did his at wish clinic..


i did mine in hatyai
Nose - 8000 baht
Chin - 8000 baht
Dbl Eyelid - 6000 baht

I am just looking at jaw implants, reshaping will prob involve too much downtime which i cannot afford.


http://www.surgeons.or.th/members/membe ... p?ids=2064

this doctor from this hospital abv?

Chin = 347SGD
Nose = 347 SGD
Eyelid = 280SGD

u did cutting or stitch method?

ok thats is the local rate which i tried to get from a BKK PS clinic but he refused saying non thai must pay USD$500 each. :lol:

How is your feedback from his operation skill? i think at this rate if the skill is good, many ppl can save alot by flying there and stay there. Tix and hotel is cheap there. even flying there and staying hotel also wont cost more than 500sgd for 2 weeks

jaw implant.. hmm what is ur budget? hmm are u consider to change ur chin implant?


My doctor is dr nara, i took a whole yr b4 i finally went to see him. That was becos his previous staff could not speak english, and dr nara was always busy doing surgery, and could not come to the phone.

Glad to say he has new english-speaking staff now. There is a major hotel just 5 min walk from his clinic, around SGD50 a night. I would say the whole trip and entire surgery was really budget, cost me $1500 in total.

dr nara is supposedly famous for doing nose. when we went, we saw many patients from places like hong kong, taiwan, m'sia, Singapore waiting to do nose.

he speaks decent english, which was a relief, becos many thai PS offer sex change too, and I DIDN'T want any miscomm to happen.

he is pretty ethical, and in a way rigid too. if he feels u shouldn;t do it, he wun let u go ahead with it. and he has only one sentence to offer you (despite our long chatter telling him exactly what we want) is that he will make it "natural".

i'm glad to say it does look natural, for me AND my frens as well.

Altho, thinking back, after it was done, we were cursing and swearing everyday. our faces were swollen after the surgery but we were convinced that we were permanently disfigured.

hahaha, i read online that it's a post-surgery depression that many patients sink into. So everyone who's gonna do it, pls bear in mind, that it may take a while for everything to finally settle down. So dun act like us, and curse and swear at ur PS non-stop!

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 4:51 am

My eyelids were done using the stitch method.

Nose was done using this L-shaped implant which he wld measure and sculpt before the surgery. i wanted my nose to be smaller, and he said he wld add a bit to the tip to "pinch" the nose outwards so the whole nose wld be smaller.

he does nose trimming too but i din want to do it all at one shot, just in case i regret when my nose becomes too tiny (i am a guy after all).

chin implant was inserted from inside the mouth, through a cut in front of the lower gum.

after the surgery, i just walked back to my hotel to rest.

all the sutures dissolved on their own completely after 3-4 weeks. i had some complications, becos my wound for the chin implant got infected. But that was becos i din take proper care of it. i was too grredy and ate all sort of nonsense and didn;t gargle often enuff as instructed.

my frens (girls) recovered much faster.

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 5:05 am

aadvark wrote:My eyelids were done using the stitch method.

Nose was done using this L-shaped implant which he wld measure and sculpt before the surgery. i wanted my nose to be smaller, and he said he wld add a bit to the tip to "pinch" the nose outwards so the whole nose wld be smaller.

he does nose trimming too but i din want to do it all at one shot, just in case i regret when my nose becomes too tiny (i am a guy after all).

chin implant was inserted from inside the mouth, through a cut in front of the lower gum.

after the surgery, i just walked back to my hotel to rest.

all the sutures dissolved on their own completely after 3-4 weeks. i had some complications, becos my wound for the chin implant got infected. But that was becos i din take proper care of it. i was too grredy and ate all sort of nonsense and didn;t gargle often enuff as instructed.

my frens (girls) recovered much faster.


Happy recovery!

Dr Nara Donsakul of Hatyai? His Clinic is Next to Indra Hotel? or is he still working in Songklanagarind Hospital?


thanks for ur report. it kind of give me a better idea what to expect.. from dr nara. at this price it is a PS at budget steal. i guess u are staying in quite a decent hotel for sgd50 per nite. there are hotels at sub sgd30 but will not be as good as what u got..
Last edited by tanjhj on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 5:06 am

I am looking at 3-4k budget for entire trip.
just jaw implants, dun intend to remove the current chin implant

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 5:14 am

aadvark wrote:I am looking at 3-4k budget for entire trip.
just jaw implants, dun intend to remove the current chin implant


i get it what u want.
i think u are refering to the mandibular angle implant.. u wanna create a more manly/ squarish / defined jaw line/angle?

http://www.emedicine.com/plastic/topic52.htm


plz give me a day for me to search my list. going to sleep now..

cyah tml
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 5:25 am

haha, i din expect replies at this hour! :D

yeah, i want my jawline more defined, cos my chin, jaw is genetically under-developed. as i grew older, my chin started receding.

ideally i want my face shape to look like wang li hong, haha, or MTV VJ Utt, heh heh :)

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 5:29 am

aadvark wrote:haha, i din expect replies at this hour! :D

yeah, i want my jawline more defined, cos my chin, jaw is genetically under-developed. as i grew older, my chin started receding.

ideally i want my face shape to look like wang li hong, haha, or MTV VJ Utt, heh heh :)


Dr Nara Donsakul of Hatyai? His Clinic is Next to Indra Hotel? or is he still working in Songklanagarind Hospital?

Won lee Hom.. hmmm i also like him!

Dr chuang got do mandibular angle for cupdiz i believe maybe u can PM him.. however ur budget is 3-4k thus may need to see thailand le.. even spore also hard to find a doc doing it for 3-4k.. nevertheless no harm trying..
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 5:32 am

try :
http://www.pai.co.th/

www.yanhee.net Dr greechart or sukit or Dental Dept (coz they do Jaw Surgery)

and dr somsak bah http://www.kasemrad.net/price.htm


u can email them for quotation even if they dun show it in their pricelist. sometimes they do surgery not shown on the website..
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

jass82
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 19 Feb 2007
Location: SG

Postby jass82 » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 6:36 am

Hi black_creamer,

sure.. will be looking fwd to seeing your pics! So your surgery is this wed, I'm sure you'll look fantastic. Was your 1st surgery up to your expectation? I kept seeing ps on tv and it looked perfect, was wondering if local doc able to reach at least half of that standard.. :?


black_creamer wrote:Hey Jass, mbk,

I guess the decision is made once u are at the reception counter and u arrange for a surgery date - you have to pay 50% of the surgery up front (non refundable), so there is really no turning back after that! :-|

Btw, 2 weeks is more than enough time to recover. I am expecting to have my stitches (for the alar) removed within the week, and to be out and about after that. (of cos recovery wld vary from person to person, but i think the sineech tablets they will provide does help. The last time when I went for the rhino, I also bought some gel-like cold compress from Guardian (some Japanese brand, for kid's fever), and bromelain (pineapple) tablets from the health pharmacy (GNC/Nature's Farm) to help reduce bruising/swelling.

Jass - will send u my final pix after this alarplasty surgery and the swelling is more or less gone. My rhino implant was too subtle, didn't see much of a change cos the bridge was raised just 2-3mm.

jass82 wrote:Hi idko,
i've been thinking about getting my nose done too, in Singapore. My collegue recommends Dr Harry Fok, her cousin had ps done by him and says is good. Which doc are you considering?

Hi mbk,
I'm going to Dr. harry Fok, sometime next mth, its my 1st.. lol very scared. When will you be going?

Hi black_creamer,
I've ask him abt the rhino and he quote me $3800 too. Any pictures of your nose avaliable? :)

jass82
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 19 Feb 2007
Location: SG

Postby jass82 » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 6:41 am

lol yeah, i do have some pretty conservative collegues and bring a almost entirely female enviroment, every tiny incident gets magnified so many times and i'm prepared for onslaught lol..

oh btw do you know if heavy makeup might infect the wounds (i'm doing double eyelids and rhino)? i tot of doing that too but i'm worried.


tanjhj wrote:
jass82 wrote:Hi mbk

I'm doing double eyelid and the rhino. I don't know how long will take me to recover.. i've only 2 wks too. Don't think my boss will be too happy if i take longer then that lol.

Have you gone for consultation already?

mbk wrote:Hi Jass,

What are you planning on having done? I am scared too. I can only take two weeks off and I am wondering if that is enough time to recover as I do not want people seeing me all funny.

The hardest decision for me is just taking the final step and going thru it!



2 weeks is a big risk.. may need to expect to go back with heavy makeup to cover the evidences..

once u do ur eyes and nose, sure got ppl will notice the diff de.. so be prepared for onslaught of the aunties....


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest