Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:15 am

Tanjhj,

Are you sure tianqi helps in wound healing?! What i know is that tianqi improves blood circulation, that's why it shouldn't be taken when i woman is menstruating. In this case, how can a person who had just gone through operation take tianqi?



/Jovin

tanjhj wrote:
imjase wrote:Hey people,

Just wanted to say from my own experience don't neglect post-op care. Its really important the first 14 days you get good post-op care incase of any wound/infection possibilities. (well for me anyways)

I had my op with Dr Chuang in taiwan and I literally saw him every day and was given shots each day. When a wound appeared inside my lower lip after a week because I was moving it too much (from talking and probably doing things i wasnt suppose to) - he spotted it straight away and managed to fix the wound. He said he removed some debris from me eating congee i think if it was left it would have fell in my stitches and infected my implant over time.

With my nose it was cleaned inside each day and there are some areas deep inside your nose which the doctor can only clean with tweezers and other materials. My nose was very well looked after and its been 11 days now and swelling has dramatically reduced compared to after surgery.


ouch! take real good care for the next 2-3 mths. and enjoy ur new life! :wink:

did u take tianqi for post op wound healing?
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

User avatar
gia02
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu, 22 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

jovin

Postby gia02 » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 1:32 pm

?[/quote][/quote]Jovin, when are you going to see dr. chuang. How come he doesnt reply to emails? Im getting fustrated here!
regards,

gia

Badboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2007

Postby Badboy » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 3:11 pm

shermaine wrote:oh and badboy, were you the one who flew in from america? i think that person was indeed me and i saw you as well. were you sitting on the chair when the nurses took pictures of dr. jung and i??
and i have to say when i first saw you, i was honestly wondering if you came for a post-op check!! coz i thought your nose was relly high and quite defined already, nothing like wat you mentioned!-flat/wide/bullous. you muz be looking relly good now!=) congrats and speedy recovery!
also, you are way too kind and generous, seriously! i felt and am so certain i looked so swollen all over, not sure if you rem, but the first thing i did after takin the pic was rush to the toilet and put my mask back on! lol


Yes, that was me on the sofa looking at/admiring you! I was so jetlagged from having flown 14 hours the night before from the US, so I was very tired. I really thought that you were just another pretty korean girl looking to look even better until I realized later that it was you. I was wondering why you put that mask on so quickly afterwards; you really didn't need it. I'm sure guys will be knocking down your door. Gosh, we were even staying at the same place. Had I known, I would have asked you out for a meal or something. Anyway, thank you for your flattering comments about me, but I really needed that surgery and I must say, at the risk of sounding stuck up, I think I look so much better now.

I know what you mean about being paranoid about your nose being crooked. That thought kept entering my mind ever since my 5-day post-op check-up when Dr. Jung pushed my implant really hard to one side, and told me that I may have to do that in the next 2 weeks since it could shift. I keep thinking every time I look in the mirror, if I need to do that, because at certain angles, or the way the light reflects on the bridge, it looks a little crooked, but then it looks completely straight in other conditions. I think I'm just imagining it, or like you said, the swelling on each side is healing at different rates. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Congrats to you as well, and good luck if you do go back to Dr. Jung for any further refinements!

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Postby takuda » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 6:55 pm

imjase, i think your nose is VERYVERY natural! cant tell that it was PS-ed! btw can anyone tell me what's the diff b/w dr chuang and dr jung other than cost? who is better with male's noses?




imjase wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
imjase wrote:Hey people,

Just wanted to say from my own experience don't neglect post-op care. Its really important the first 14 days you get good post-op care incase of any wound/infection possibilities. (well for me anyways)

I had my op with Dr Chuang in taiwan and I literally saw him every day and was given shots each day. When a wound appeared inside my lower lip after a week because I was moving it too much (from talking and probably doing things i wasnt suppose to) - he spotted it straight away and managed to fix the wound. He said he removed some debris from me eating congee i think if it was left it would have fell in my stitches and infected my implant over time.

With my nose it was cleaned inside each day and there are some areas deep inside your nose which the doctor can only clean with tweezers and other materials. My nose was very well looked after and its been 11 days now and swelling has dramatically reduced compared to after surgery.


ouch! take real good care for the next 2-3 mths. and enjoy ur new life! :wink:

did u take tianqi for post op wound healing?


whats tianqi? I'm only taking the medication which the doctor asked me to take.

Inspired by badboy's post - I thought I share with people what is a Dr Chuang style male nose looks like after 13 days of surgery. I had virtually the similar type of procedures done to my nose as badboy except I opt'd for a L Silicon Implant instead of gortex which if you backtrack or search you can see my reasons.

My face cheeks/chin/lower chin is still swollen but its slowly subsiding.

The tip and bridge of my nose is still swollen also so I think it will get smaller after time. I post another pic up in 2-3 months time to compare.

My nose is actually more sharper in reality than in the front view of the pic.

Link to my pictures (apologies for the bandage I still have a wound inside my lower lip and its needed so I dont irritate it) :

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u252 ... 505876.pbw

I have a blog where I blogged, video, took pic of the 11-13 days up until now where I wrote down all my thoughts and experience when I went through the surgery so rather than posting pages and pages here if you are interested in knowing my first hand experience then pm me for my blog. Note I blogged it because there is alot of fake people and posters who posts on boards on procedures and hopefully my information will give you more insight into surgeon choices and a real account of surgery.
:)
Cry when you get ripped.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Re: alarplasty

Postby takuda » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 6:58 pm

glad to hear that! recover soon and update us on ur recovery..:)

yen2006 wrote:Hi takuda & black_creamer,

I went to KALO to remove my alar stitches yesterday, felt so comfortable after removing but abit itchy

No scar at all, think the PS did a great job :P :P

Will update my photos once settle down. :wink:


*Yen*
Cry when you get ripped.

balamonz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 03 Apr 2007

Postby balamonz » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:25 pm

thx a lot imjase for the PM
goodluck with the recovery

shermaine
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 18 Dec 2006

Postby shermaine » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:04 pm

thks. for your compliments and well wishes again badboy! yes, letz cross our fingers and hope for the best! i've been downing pineapple after pineapple in the hope of speeding up the recovery process, i think i've almost reached my limit! but it does help though...psychologically or physically i m not sure, but it sure makes me feel better! lol

i fully understand the jet lag prb! though usa is still further to seoul than the uk! 'should i go in june, i'm sure to ask my gp for some sleeping pills.

aso so sorry but could i juz ask a qn pls?
i aso had dr. jung's driver send me to the clinic directly fr the airport, but when i saw u at the clinic, u didnt seem to have any luggage?
did you have the driver send you to the twin house first, then the clinic??

thks. badboy!

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:21 am

jovinliu wrote:Tanjhj,

Are you sure tianqi helps in wound healing?! What i know is that tianqi improves blood circulation, that's why it shouldn't be taken when i woman is menstruating. In this case, how can a person who had just gone through operation take tianqi?



/Jovin

tanjhj wrote:
imjase wrote:Hey people,

Just wanted to say from my own experience don't neglect post-op care. Its really important the first 14 days you get good post-op care incase of any wound/infection possibilities. (well for me anyways)

I had my op with Dr Chuang in taiwan and I literally saw him every day and was given shots each day. When a wound appeared inside my lower lip after a week because I was moving it too much (from talking and probably doing things i wasnt suppose to) - he spotted it straight away and managed to fix the wound. He said he removed some debris from me eating congee i think if it was left it would have fell in my stitches and infected my implant over time.

With my nose it was cleaned inside each day and there are some areas deep inside your nose which the doctor can only clean with tweezers and other materials. My nose was very well looked after and its been 11 days now and swelling has dramatically reduced compared to after surgery.


ouch! take real good care for the next 2-3 mths. and enjoy ur new life! :wink:

did u take tianqi for post op wound healing?


Jovin,

i have posted before abt the benefits properties of Tian Qi in healing in post ops. i had attached links for references. also have asked 2 chinese sinseh abt tianqi for PS healing. Both said abit overkill for minor surgery as it is mostly used for major surgery and accident.

will try to find the links
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

Badboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2007

Postby Badboy » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:53 pm

shermaine wrote:thks. for your compliments and well wishes again badboy! yes, letz cross our fingers and hope for the best! i've been downing pineapple after pineapple in the hope of speeding up the recovery process, i think i've almost reached my limit! but it does help though...psychologically or physically i m not sure, but it sure makes me feel better! lol

i fully understand the jet lag prb! though usa is still further to seoul than the uk! 'should i go in june, i'm sure to ask my gp for some sleeping pills.

aso so sorry but could i juz ask a qn pls?
i aso had dr. jung's driver send me to the clinic directly fr the airport, but when i saw u at the clinic, u didnt seem to have any luggage?
did you have the driver send you to the twin house first, then the clinic??

thks. badboy!


Hey Shermaine,

I didn't know pineapples would help, but it sure sounds delicious, so I might give it a try, too!

I actually arrived the night before at around 7:30 PM. Since I knew the clinic would be closed, I had arranged with Wennie to have the driver take me to Twin Haus directly from the airport. I didn't get to Twin Haus until about 9:30 PM (for those of you who have never been to Korea, it take about 1.5 hours to get to downtown Seoul from Incheon Airport). I woke up at 3 AM the next morning, and stayed awake until my consultation at 11 AM when I saw you. Yes, I agree, sleeping pills would have come in handy. You sure have some pretty good stamina to be able to go directly to the clinic after your long flight.

Happy continued healing, Shermaine, and don't stress too much about your pretty nose!

Badboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2007

Postby Badboy » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 1:57 pm

takuda wrote:imjase, i think your nose is VERYVERY natural! cant tell that it was PS-ed! btw can anyone tell me what's the diff b/w dr chuang and dr jung other than cost? who is better with male's noses?


Hey takuda,

I think the answer to your question of who is better depends on what you want, since the answer would be very subjective. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I applaud imjase for sharing pics of his nose, and I think it looks great (congrats imjase, and all the best on your recovery!). Since I have a "Jung" nose, and I gave Dr. Jung carte blanche to do whatever he felt would make me look the best, as long as it looked natural, I think it might be helpful to people to give my perspective on how my nose compares to imjase's, as I can see some stylistic differences. Given the implant type (L-shaped), imjase's bridge looks higher and straighter than mine from the side. Mine is still pretty high, but if you look at my profile, it starts out a bit lower from the glabella (between the eyes), and has a tad bit more curve as the bridge progresses toward the tip. I'm not sure if those are features of an I-shaped implant. Note that Dr. Jung (as well as Dr. Kim of BK clinic) doesn't use L-shaped implants for reasons already discussed (though Dr. Kim will use silicone). As of now (18 days post-op), my bridge and tip appear more defined even from the front view, but I'm ahead of imjase in my healing process, so it's probably not a fair comparison. In fact, I do suspect his nose will end up being MORE defined than mine after his swelling goes down, given that he has a silicone implant vs. my goretex implant.

Again, I'm sorry that I don't feel comfortable sharing my pics due to privacy reasons, as they would better illustrate the differences in approach. Hopefully, my description sheds some light on this question. However, it's clear that both doctors are highly skilled, and will give you great looking noses!

User avatar
imjase
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 06 Feb 2007

Postby imjase » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 3:00 pm

Badboy wrote:
takuda wrote:imjase, i think your nose is VERYVERY natural! cant tell that it was PS-ed! btw can anyone tell me what's the diff b/w dr chuang and dr jung other than cost? who is better with male's noses?


Hey takuda,

I think the answer to your question of who is better depends on what you want, since the answer would be very subjective. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I applaud imjase for sharing pics of his nose, and I think it looks great (congrats imjase, and all the best on your recovery!). Since I have a "Jung" nose, and I gave Dr. Jung carte blanche to do whatever he felt would make me look the best, as long as it looked natural, I think it might be helpful to people to give my perspective on how my nose compares to imjase's, as I can see some stylistic differences. Given the implant type (L-shaped), imjase's bridge looks higher and straighter than mine from the side. Mine is still pretty high, but if you look at my profile, it starts out a bit lower from the glabella (between the eyes), and has a tad bit more curve as the bridge progresses toward the tip. I'm not sure if those are features of an I-shaped implant. Note that Dr. Jung (as well as Dr. Kim of BK clinic) doesn't use L-shaped implants for reasons already discussed (though Dr. Kim will use silicone). As of now (18 days post-op), my bridge and tip appear more defined even from the front view, but I'm ahead of imjase in my healing process, so it's probably not a fair comparison. In fact, I do suspect his nose will end up being MORE defined than mine after his swelling goes down, given that he has a silicone implant vs. my goretex implant.

Again, I'm sorry that I don't feel comfortable sharing my pics due to privacy reasons, as they would better illustrate the differences in approach. Hopefully, my description sheds some light on this question. However, it's clear that both doctors are highly skilled, and will give you great looking noses!


Hey badboy,

The curve is that one which curves out towards the tip or a curve which curves gradually in towards the tip?

Yeah the bridge height and being straight was requests by me. I don't think he would have done the bridge higher unless I requested. I didnt give Dr C carte blanche on my nose. I discussed in depth with him the noses that I like and the ideal nose shape.

I know that on Dr C wall he has a certificate which states he attended the 36th rhino course by Dr Jung and if I think it was stated in this forum before he is a student of Dr Jung and Dr Kim since I see other certificates and plaques which show he has either studied or performed in them clinics including Jelim, Dr Jungs and BK.

I agree that reading from the forums both doctors would give great noses.

The final questions I ask is

Did Dr Jung change the shape of your nostrils from the side? or the angle which your nostrils meets the tip e.g. from one which curves up to one which goes straight to the tip.

Can you take a picture of your nose from the front and tell me if it looks bigger or wider than how it normally looks to you in person. I'm still curious if there is any particular PS style which cures this problem or its just a shadow/light issue.

I might after six months post-op pay a visit to Dr Kim and Dr Jung and get an opinion from them about my nose and see what they think.

Badboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2007

Postby Badboy » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 4:46 pm

imjase wrote:
Hey badboy,

The curve is that one which curves out towards the tip or a curve which curves gradually in towards the tip?

Yeah the bridge height and being straight was requests by me. I don't think he would have done the bridge higher unless I requested. I didnt give Dr C carte blanche on my nose. I discussed in depth with him the noses that I like and the ideal nose shape.

I know that on Dr C wall he has a certificate which states he attended the 36th rhino course by Dr Jung and if I think it was stated in this forum before he is a student of Dr Jung and Dr Kim since I see other certificates and plaques which show he has either studied or performed in them clinics including Jelim, Dr Jungs and BK.

I agree that reading from the forums both doctors would give great noses.

The final questions I ask is

Did Dr Jung change the shape of your nostrils from the side? or the angle which your nostrils meets the tip e.g. from one which curves up to one which goes straight to the tip.

Can you take a picture of your nose from the front and tell me if it looks bigger or wider than how it normally looks to you in person. I'm still curious if there is any particular PS style which cures this problem or its just a shadow/light issue.

I might after six months post-op pay a visit to Dr Kim and Dr Jung and get an opinion from them about my nose and see what they think.


Hey imjase,

I'm not sure I understand your question regarding the curve of my bridge. Instead of my bridge being completely straight, it rises between my eyes at a slight curve, and becomes straighter as it progress towards my tip.

Thanks for the clarification on Dr. Chuang's style. I guess we really can't compare the approaches, since you gave very specific directions to Dr. Chuang.

My nostrils from the side are definitely a different shape from what I used to have. They don't go straight up to the tip at a sharp angle. There is still a gentle curve, but they're not flared out like they used to be. I like it with a little curve because it makes it look natural in my opinion.

I did take a picture of the front of my face. To me, my nose looks more narrow in my pictures than what I see in the mirror. So, it looks like I'm getting the opposite effect!
Last edited by Badboy on Thu, 05 Apr 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moodyy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 20 Feb 2007

Postby Moodyy » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 5:18 pm

Hello Badboy

Like yourself Im also from US, and thinking of going to drjung.

As far plaining the trip, did he work with your schedule [plane date/arrival time]
or you had to work around with a day he provides on his schedule ?
Also, how many days/weeks would you recommend a person to stay before flying back home?

User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

Postby yen2006 » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:14 pm

[quote="jovinliu"]Tanjhj,

Are you sure tianqi helps in wound healing?! What i know is that tianqi improves blood circulation, that's why it shouldn't be taken when i woman is menstruating. In this case, how can a person who had just gone through operation take tianqi?



/Jovin

[quote="tanjhj"][quote="imjase"]Hey people,

Just wanted to say from my own experience don't neglect post-op care. Its really important the first 14 days you get good post-op care incase of any wound/infection possibilities. (well for me anyways)

I had my op with Dr Chuang in taiwan and I literally saw him every day and was given shots each day. When a wound appeared inside my lower lip after a week because I was moving it too much (from talking and probably doing things i wasnt suppose to) - he spotted it straight away and managed to fix the wound. He said he removed some debris from me eating congee i think if it was left it would have fell in my stitches and infected my implant over time.

With my nose it was cleaned inside each day and there are some areas deep inside your nose which the doctor can only clean with tweezers and other materials. My nose was very well looked after and its been 11 days now and swelling has dramatically reduced compared to after surgery.[/quote]

ouch! take real good care for the next 2-3 mths. and enjoy ur new life! :wink:

did u take tianqi for post op wound healing?[/quote][/quote]


Hi

Tian qi is for:
Medical Function:

1. Stop bleeding and anticoagulation: anticoagulation of platelets, promotes dissolving of fibrinogens,

2. Anti-inflammation

3. Relieving pain

4. Calming

5. Enhances the effects of adrenocortical hormone: regulate the metabolism of sugar.

6. Protects liver

7 Anti cancer

8. Improve capillary circulation: anti fatigue

9. Anti aging

 

藥理:

1. 田七有止血及抗凝作用:能抑制血小板凝集,促進纖溶,並使全血粘度下降

2. 抗炎

3. 鎮痛

4. 鎮靜

5. 增強腎上腺皮質功能: 調節糖代謝﹐

6. 抗腫瘤

7. 保肝

8. 改善心血管系統功能: 增進微循環﹐消除疲勞。

It is not for healing PS wound unless you are suffering internal injuries then you need it 8-) :roll:

idko
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 05 Apr 2007
Location: nyc

Postby idko » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 1:26 am

i've been thinking about getting my nose done. i have that typical asian nose.. low bridge with wide end. anything recomendation in singapore?? or even jakarta??


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests