Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Pinkyice
Regular
Regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed, 07 Feb 2007

Postby Pinkyice » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 3:58 pm

rainbow5 wrote:Sending ppl ur picture to paint a perfect face is just not feasible & it may un-intentionally make you obsess with unrealistic thoughts. Discussing it with the doc is more practical.

Sometimes we know of our unrealistic expectations but we just hope for someone to give us the support saying that it can be done. But pls maintain a clear mind abt it, our face is not like a plastic mould which we can change it in watever way we want, natural limitations exist in the first place. Know wat u wan in the first place & discuss with the doc to see if feasibe instead of asking a stranger wat is suitable for ur face.


I'm not sure if you are talking about me but I just wanted suggestions :)
But I have discussed with the surgeon (Dr Sukit) and I realized that he's more concerned with making things as natural as possible instead of what's "nice"...oh well...

kaka
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 15 Dec 2006

Postby kaka » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 4:11 pm

shermaine wrote:hi guys, juz thought i'll update a little.

it's the 14th day since my nose op with dr. jung. so far so good. my scars are practically invisible, didnt req concelaer at all. as i bruise fairly easily, my bruises esp bottom part of eyes and cheek area are still slightly evident, but fading subtlely everyday, so juz hoping its all better by this weekend!

london's weather is relly relly cold the past few days, snowing and all at this time of the year!, and while everyone was shielding fr the cold, i relished it!! coz it makes my swelling go down at such a fast pace!
(yea so the only fool standing out in the freezing cold was me)

i do find that my swelling is not in proportion though, right is definitely more swollen than left, likewise the bruises. hopefully that evens out soon too. tip wise its still round.

funny thing is, after this ps, i realised that one has to be relly relly realistic abt the aftermath. i think coz maybe i only did the nose, yes, it did make quite an improved diff. to my whole profile when i compare it to previous photos of myself, but not a largely significant one as wat i might hav expected.
once in a while, i get doubts at whether i shud have changed it more, let dr. jung sharpen it more etc etc, but at the end of the day, 1) i hav to tell myself that natural is prob. the best for me and 2) its still early days of recovery!

take like yday, i suddenly grew relly relly unhappy with the tip, seein how its still not as defined as i would like it to be, after a nights rest, i woke up this morning, and on the contrary, was fairly happy at wat i saw in the mirror! guess its still like mentioned, early days of recovery when everything swells up still. as long as the tip continues to improve and swell down (if there is such a word!) i will be a happy clam!=)

anyhow, all the best in everyone's ps endeavours, and sorry for the long post.
take care!

aso, someone mentioned abt the face swelling up after op, dont worry! mine swelled up A LOT esp right after the op! not sure why too. even dr. jung was fairly surprised, and gave me an additional jab of antibiotics! amazingly, after that given, and the cast taken off, my swelling decreased A LOT over the next 4-5days. it was like a miracle! esp when i was so worried abt facing the world at the airport.
oh and i aso used the hot pack very conscientiously after the cast was removed, i.e 20min every hr. i found that it relly speeded the selling downtime!
hope this helps!


hi shermaine, good to hear u're recovering well
rest more! :) did u ask for high profile or natural one?
do u find dr jung gd so far?

perfume
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007

Postby perfume » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 4:16 pm

shermaine wrote:aso, someone mentioned abt the face swelling up after op, dont worry! mine swelled up A LOT esp right after the op! not sure why too. even dr. jung was fairly surprised, and gave me an additional jab of antibiotics! amazingly, after that given, and the cast taken off, my swelling decreased A LOT over the next 4-5days. it was like a miracle! esp when i was so worried abt facing the world at the airport.
oh and i aso used the hot pack very conscientiously after the cast was removed, i.e 20min every hr. i found that it relly speeded the selling downtime!
hope this helps!


that must have been me :wink: my doc said it was water retention (water moves to the eyes/nose area after surgery and moves down to the cheeks causing it to swell!!) and it wld go down in a couple of weeks (argh so long!)

my nose is still undefined :( it's the 5th day after op. hoping for the best now when it heals~~ :D

prince
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006

Dejavu hotel

Postby prince » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 4:46 pm

Hi all, for those of you who have stayed at dejavu hotel b4 (the one dr chuang recommend) , how did u guys make the booking? i tried to cal their numb but i dunno which number to call or which numbers to omit? its+866 to call to taiwan right? I sent them emails n they didnt reply as well. :(

rainbow5
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed, 21 Sep 2005

Re: Dejavu hotel

Postby rainbow5 » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 5:09 pm

here's the website for dejavu hotel:

www.city-hotel.com.tw

u can make online booking for ur rooms.

to call to taiwan, dial 019 (or watever prefix for international call for the telco) & then 8862 plus the 8 digits for the number.


For eg if using singtel 019 service, dial: 019-8862-12345678.
The taiwan tel they quote wld start with 02 then 8 numbers behind. U can just dial 8862 then forgo the 02 & just enter the rest of the 8 digits.

[quote="prince"]Hi all, for those of you who have stayed at dejavu hotel b4 (the one dr chuang recommend) , how did u guys make the booking? i tried to cal their numb but i dunno which number to call or which numbers to omit? its+866 to call to taiwan right? I sent them emails n they didnt reply as well. :([/quote]

rainbow5
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed, 21 Sep 2005

Postby rainbow5 » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 5:42 pm

Not referring to anyone. just pointing out my thoughts.

come to think it, its quite scary for someone whom we dun really know & not a professional to tell us wat procedures we can do to improve our looks.

but again, this forum is useful if one can differentiate the correct info from the misleading ones.

[quote="Pinkyice"][quote="rainbow5"]Sending ppl ur picture to paint a perfect face is just not feasible & it may un-intentionally make you obsess with unrealistic thoughts. Discussing it with the doc is more practical.

Sometimes we know of our unrealistic expectations but we just hope for someone to give us the support saying that it can be done. But pls maintain a clear mind abt it, our face is not like a plastic mould which we can change it in watever way we want, natural limitations exist in the first place. Know wat u wan in the first place & discuss with the doc to see if feasibe instead of asking a stranger wat is suitable for ur face.[/quote]

I'm not sure if you are talking about me but I just wanted suggestions :)
But I have discussed with the surgeon (Dr Sukit) and I realized that he's more concerned with making things as natural as possible instead of what's "nice"...oh well...[/quote]

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed, 10 May 2006

Postby Hannah Lee » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 5:43 pm

Shermaine,

glad to hear the weather in London is helping the healing along!

Since I also asked for a very natural nose, I sometimes wonder if I should have asked him for something more drastic! It is a great improvement on my old nose but sometimes I also wish I had told him to make this sharper or that more narrow. In fact I've considered going back for more alar reduction. He did a great job the first time round, it looks ultra natural, no pinched nostrils, zero scarring. But I guess I'm greedy and just want more!

I guess I should just be happy and leave it alone. I do realize that if I narrow it anymore it might start to look a little too "done". But Dr. Jung told me if I want to do it he'd only charge me US$300 which is pretty cheap.

As for your tip being big, it will really de swell and get a lot better over the next few months. Mine was huge at 2 weeks. Its still not super sharp now but it got alot more defined with time.

Keep us updated :)

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Re: Dejavu hotel

Postby jovinliu » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 5:56 pm

Call +8862-27765877


prince wrote:Hi all, for those of you who have stayed at dejavu hotel b4 (the one dr chuang recommend) , how did u guys make the booking? i tried to cal their numb but i dunno which number to call or which numbers to omit? its+866 to call to taiwan right? I sent them emails n they didnt reply as well. :(
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

shermaine
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 18 Dec 2006

Postby shermaine » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 6:23 pm

hi everyone! thks. for all your well wishes!

kaka: i asked for natural one, but the hgt of bridge itself i think is not a prb for me as i already find it quite high!! but its the tip and dorsum hgt, maybe i shud hav asked for sharper and higher lol but as hannah mentioned, i m greedy too! heh

as for width, i think under some light, it seems narrow enuff for me, but under diff. lighting, i do wish at times its narrower!!

perfume: glad to know its getting better!! yup. water retention plays a part too! so sleep with head elevated, a chore i noe, but wat to do!=(

hannah: ah! u read my thoughts exactly!! did he say us$300 for revision?? i am so so tempted to change more! let me know if you do k?? coz i juz might as well! i will see how the swelling goes first, but i might wanna do slightly more alar, change nostril shape and MAYBE hgten the dorsum a bit more. lol
die lah...neverending requests

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 6:35 pm

Agree, very very much. Brain is your's, decision is your's, you mean you blame the sales girl for buying a pair of shoes you don't like or don't fit?

It's damn easy to point finger at others, blame others for your own mishap. But have you really sit down and think about what's your involvement in this? Didn't you make the appointment YOURSELF? Didn't you went to the surgery WILLINGLY? Didn't you sign on the Letter of Consent with your OWN hand? Who the hell forced you in all these stages? What do you want to blame someone else on? For his/her recommendation? The other way round, if the surgery came out fantastic marvellous and you look damn good, do you actually feel gratitude towards the person who gave you his recommendation? Do you buy him/her lunch to express your gratitude? Will you tell the whole world that due to that person's recommendation, you look wonderful. Will you, honestly?

It happened so frequently in this forum. Someone new came in, introduced him/herself, ask for advices, try to dig before and after pictures and other relevant information which he/she needs, after surgery he/she just MIA. You think we, who have been in here for the longest time, don't feel upset and used? What do you guys treat us as? Free online support and Q&A?

It appears to me all these "slaughtering" at Tanjhj is because he always give "professional" advices which seems to be copied from some websites, get people to send their photos to him for "assessment" and "recommendation". This should be refrained, definitely. But you have to be objective in your judgement too, to be fair to everyone. If not, you are just making a fool of yourself.

For those who are prejudice against Tanjhj, if you really want to seek fairness, list down all the points on WHY you are turning against him, what did he do and in what way he caused you harm and inconvenience. If you are just joining in the fun, please, there are other better things to do, if you haven't realized.



/Jovin

appletree wrote:
Hi Flymetothemoon,

I believe you are referring to me when you mentioned the person who said "overreacted".

All procedures, whether big scale or not, have certain risks as Murphy's Law stated "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong". There is no 100% guarantee that all procedures will turn out fine. I felt sorry for the gal too but end of the day, itz a procedure that went the other way.

As I mentioned before, advises are to be taken as a reference and guidelines inline with what we have in mind on our perceived image on the end results. I am sure everyone makes decisions with references and advises from others. Dun we???? Even buying a simple dress or buying a new car, we all seek for some advise and opinion from another party.

I am not trying to say anyone deserves to be put down for any cause but I am only trying to tell the person whose fren's procedure went wrong to stop whining abt other ppl giving advises cuz end of the day. The receiver is the one who decides whether to take the advise and he or she is RESPONSIBLE for his/her own decision.

I believe in Karma too but I dun think I have any wrong here in telling the person whose fren's procedure went wrong that ppl should stop listening to advises and opinions.

I rest my case here and hope that I have made my point clear.

Peace.
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Postby takuda » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 9:04 pm

jovinliu wrote:Agree, very very much. Brain is your's, decision is your's, you mean you blame the sales girl for buying a pair of shoes you don't like or don't fit?

It's damn easy to point finger at others, blame others for your own mishap. But have you really sit down and think about what's your involvement in this? Didn't you make the appointment YOURSELF? Didn't you went to the surgery WILLINGLY? Didn't you sign on the Letter of Consent with your OWN hand? Who the hell forced you in all these stages? What do you want to blame someone else on? For his/her recommendation? The other way round, if the surgery came out fantastic marvellous and you look damn good, do you actually feel gratitude towards the person who gave you his recommendation? Do you buy him/her lunch to express your gratitude? Will you tell the whole world that due to that person's recommendation, you look wonderful. Will you, honestly?

It happened so frequently in this forum. Someone new came in, introduced him/herself, ask for advices, try to dig before and after pictures and other relevant information which he/she needs, after surgery he/she just MIA. You think we, who have been in here for the longest time, don't feel upset and used? What do you guys treat us as? Free online support and Q&A?

It appears to me all these "slaughtering" at Tanjhj is because he always give "professional" advices which seems to be copied from some websites, get people to send their photos to him for "assessment" and "recommendation". This should be refrained, definitely. But you have to be objective in your judgement too, to be fair to everyone. If not, you are just making a fool of yourself.

For those who are prejudice against Tanjhj, if you really want to seek fairness, list down all the points on WHY you are turning against him, what did he do and in what way he caused you harm and inconvenience. If you are just joining in the fun, please, there are other better things to do, if you haven't realized.



/Jovin

appletree wrote:
Hi Flymetothemoon,

I believe you are referring to me when you mentioned the person who said "overreacted".

All procedures, whether big scale or not, have certain risks as Murphy's Law stated "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong". There is no 100% guarantee that all procedures will turn out fine. I felt sorry for the gal too but end of the day, itz a procedure that went the other way.

As I mentioned before, advises are to be taken as a reference and guidelines inline with what we have in mind on our perceived image on the end results. I am sure everyone makes decisions with references and advises from others. Dun we???? Even buying a simple dress or buying a new car, we all seek for some advise and opinion from another party.

I am not trying to say anyone deserves to be put down for any cause but I am only trying to tell the person whose fren's procedure went wrong to stop whining abt other ppl giving advises cuz end of the day. The receiver is the one who decides whether to take the advise and he or she is RESPONSIBLE for his/her own decision.

I believe in Karma too but I dun think I have any wrong here in telling the person whose fren's procedure went wrong that ppl should stop listening to advises and opinions.

I rest my case here and hope that I have made my point clear.

Peace.


Agree totally. I did send tanjhj my pic, and all i expect was just an ADVICE, and OPINION of what he thinks. He said i require an open rhino, purely L implant may not sharpen my tip. Does that mean i have to listen to him and do korean style open rhino? NO. You are blaming him because the result didn't turn out to be something you like. But it was rather funny imagining dr sukit talking to tanjhj over the phone with tan explaining to him the procedures.

Apart from that, i wanna hear from more who've had their double chins removed! i don't know what's the problem but it is PURELY saggy skin under my chin and NOT fats. Lipo = remove fats, but i bo fats to remove, how? :cry:
Cry when you get ripped.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34477
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Mar 2007 9:27 pm

to jovinliu & takuda,

Thank you for trying to get this thread back on an even keel. This is a good forum and thread. Let's all try to keep it that way.

To the rest;

Always remember what jovinliu said, nobody forced you to sign on the dotted line and at the end of the day, it is your responsibility to speak frankly with your Doctor/Surgeon so you both know what to expect.

Do you believe everything you read in the National Enquirer, or the Magazines? Do you believe every advertisement you see on TV or hear on the radio? Or do you get as many opinions as possible and only then make a considered decision. Why should here be any different?

sms

kaka
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 15 Dec 2006

Postby kaka » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 2:17 am

shermaine wrote:hi everyone! thks. for all your well wishes!

kaka: i asked for natural one, but the hgt of bridge itself i think is not a prb for me as i already find it quite high!! but its the tip and dorsum hgt, maybe i shud hav asked for sharper and higher lol but as hannah mentioned, i m greedy too! heh

as for width, i think under some light, it seems narrow enuff for me, but under diff. lighting, i do wish at times its narrower!!

perfume: glad to know its getting better!! yup. water retention plays a part too! so sleep with head elevated, a chore i noe, but wat to do!=(

hannah: ah! u read my thoughts exactly!! did he say us$300 for revision?? i am so so tempted to change more! let me know if you do k?? coz i juz might as well! i will see how the swelling goes first, but i might wanna do slightly more alar, change nostril shape and MAYBE hgten the dorsum a bit more. lol
die lah...neverending requests


ya i think i sort of get what u mean with the different lighting and different width issue! sometimes it happens.. the lighting problem! haha i always blame that!
but anyway, maybe need more time to de-swell to see final result, so in the meantime juz enjoy the "changes" cos apparently u see the shape changing every now and then

how much u spent in total ar?? im still shopping for korean surgeon.. i think dr jung is ex.. but only expert for nose ya?

shermaine
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 18 Dec 2006

Postby shermaine » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 2:36 am

thks. kaka!
yea, the main gripe i have now is the tip, and width of the bridge, but blueberry and hannah reassured me that it will narrow gradually after 2 weeks, so fingers crossed!=)
coz think now the high bridge and width sometimes make me feel as though i hav got an elephanty-upper head...hmm not sure if i got that across right!

i regretted a lot A LOT not extending my stay, all coz i would hav done some shopping!!
so much to buy..so little time!
i spent us$4000 for the op which includes medication, f/up consultations, and then us$390 for accomodation. it would hav beenc heaper, but i booked the double room thinking my friend was joining me...but who would hav expected she played me out last min...but anyway yea, so for the op only those stuff

loads of taxi to and fro and i aso bought gbroceries there, very teeny bit of shopping all in all abt us$200 or slightly less.

ticket itself cost me a bomb though!=(

prince
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006

thx!

Postby prince » Thu, 22 Mar 2007 2:40 am

Thx jovin and rainbow for answering my queries. :) will update the forum soon..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests