Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
cacao
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 16 Feb 2007

Postby cacao » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 3:02 am

Hi all,

Wow...I've finally finished reading all 317 pgs on this topic!

Thanks so much for all who have shared so unselfishly. And special thanks to tanjhj for recommending Dr Su in Taiwan.

I've decided to go to Dr Su for my eyelid surgery. However, she is not able to perform the surgery immediately after consultation. For surgery, need to book another day- Mon, Wed or Fri. Her consultation days are only Tue and Thur. I'm planning to see her on Thurs and hopefully get the surgery done on Friday. However, the clinic assistant could not confirm a slot for me because she said not everybody is suitable to undergo double eyelid surgery. They will only confirm booking when Dr Su gives the go ahead.

May I know if anybody has consulted Dr Su and then able to get surgery done the next day?

Also, the clinic says if I opt for the cutting method, stitches will be removed in 5-7 days. How do they decide whether my stitches could be removed on day 5 or 7? Base on recovery? Can I opt for it to be removed at 5 days instead of 6 or7?

Tanjhj, I think you mentioned you have a few colleagues who did their eyes with Dr Su. How is the result now? Do they like it? Healing nicely? Any visible scars?

I have emailed Dr Su with above questions but she has not replied. So I'm hoping anybody who had gone to her can give me some advice. I hope to book my tickets and hotel soon

It seems that nobody has posted any experience with Dr Su. I will put up a post when I get mine done.

Thanks so much!

User avatar
Velvet_CK
Regular
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri, 29 Dec 2006

List of korean PS clinics

Postby Velvet_CK » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:37 am

This's a list of PS clinics in korea.

Enjoy~

http://korea.co.kr/?/Health/Plastic_Surgery/

There'r some before after pics here and there in the list. Gives you guys a good idea on how a "made in korea" face looks like.

jass82
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 19 Feb 2007
Location: SG

Postby jass82 » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 2:06 pm

Hi all, i'm going to dr harry fok to get my double eyelid done.. but my parents are extremely against the idea and they kept saying horrible things like i will end up with one eye bigger then the other.... -___- | | |

Its scaring me a little bit.. haha.. anyway wanted to ask if anyone is going to dr fok too, just thought maybe can go together.. i've never get ps before feeling really scared...

shoe_girl
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 16 Feb 2007

Postby shoe_girl » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 2:59 pm

Hey everyone,

Have any of you heard about the LRclinic in Taiwan? Or have had surgery there? I'm considering going there... Any advice is appreciated! :)

vickyabc
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2007

Postby vickyabc » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 5:10 pm

jovinliu wrote:Anyone did lip colour tattooing before? I saw something call Eralips at Erabelle (Bugis), it's for tattooing permanent colour onto your lips. Will last for 4-5 years. But they are crazy, charging $1680 somemore is PROMOTION PRICE. Laughing my head off. My nose i did $1450, this stupid lip thingy want to charge me $1680?!

Called up a place in Taipei for lip colour tattooing, S$600. See the difference see the difference??!?!! Idiot singapore shops... :mad:

What i want to do this year is mole removal, cheeks, lip tattooing and teeth whitening.


/Jovin




Hi Jovin.. wow so many raves on how pretty you r! Im new here.. Desperate to do rhino!! my bridge and the tip! considering ur surgeon.. understood u did ur nose job in 2005. And insert a L thingy right? does it enhance the tip and bridge together? or it has to be done on separated procedure? has the price increased now? if i prepare a total of S$4k enough? can u e mail a pic of ur before and after nose job for me..
sorry for soo many request..

Vicky_abc@hotmail.com

Actually wanted to go Yanhee but read that they doing I implant only right? my main concern is my darn tip!!

Any other recommendation guys???

vickyabc
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2007

Postby vickyabc » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 5:16 pm

i emailed Dr seah his nurse quoted me the below

The cost range from $2800 to $3500.
If an Alar Reduction (trimming at the sides of the nostril so that it does not look flare out) is required, it will cost another $2000 to $2500.

This surgery fee does not include the 1st consultation, medication and GST.
But it will include your subsequent follow-ups.

1st consultation cost from $90 to $150.
The medication for surgery is about $100 to $120.

Our appointment is a first-come-first serve basis. Please book appt for consultation at least 4 days in advance and for surgery, please book at least 10 days in advance.



does any one know to enhance the tip falls in which price range catergory of the above??

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun, 12 Feb 2006

Postby leenaaaa » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 6:13 pm

tanjhj,

Well, I just want to make sure that people here are aware that Dr Kim is not a "god", and that surgery with him is not a sure success. I am sure that there are many cases where surgery is completely successful, but there are equally a number of cases here in which the patient is not very happy... as far as I know it is because he did not give them what they wanted and as for me it was because he did not give me what I wanted and because my implant is crooked. I know these things happen, but it was his attitude that upset me. In fact I was so traumatised by the Korean trip that I dread going back there. I am just sharing my experience. I gain nothing from it. If I didn't really care, I wouldn't really care if others went through the same thing as me. I spent all my savings on the surgery and was really upset for quite some time. As for why I deleted my posts, it was for a personal reason. I didn't mean to sound so harsh with you :) Must be my PMS. Truce? :D

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue, 29 Aug 2006

Postby cupid^n^starz » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 9:07 pm

imjase wrote:Hi Cupid.

I sent you an email from oyyu@hotmail.co.uk asking you about Dr Chuang and if you could send me some of your photos. I'm considering surgery with him and wouldnt mind seeing what he did with you before I book a plane ticket to see him.

thanks,



Hi imjase, already sent reply. check it out.

For nickname Prince as well .

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue, 29 Aug 2006

Postby cupid^n^starz » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 9:14 pm

leenaaaa wrote:Hi, I don't really get what you mean?

Anyways, how are you recovering? How was your experience with Dr Chuang?

cupid^n^starz wrote:
leenaaaa wrote:And Tanjhj, out of curiosity, do you think you should be giving so much "expert" advice? Also, I think some of your claims are unsubstantiated. For instance... you say that Dr Kim is the best in Korea (and Dr Jung, but I do think Dr Jung is good). Being interviewed by our local paper doesn't made him the "best". I know at least 3 other people who went to him but who are not happy. Take me for instance.. the only thing he gave me which I am happy about is the chin implant. Other than that, my implant is obviously crooked... every Dr I have consulted has agreed. Yet Dr Kim refused to admit. Also, post operative care is virtually non-existent. I think you should be more careful when you make claims over the forums as many here are inexperienced or impressionable.


Hm.. Im not intend going into this thread, I think you're just being a little bit rush to him with the " .. " symbol on "expert" word even u dont mean to.
Thats all.


Hi,

My recovering is doing well , thank you for asking it.
Bout my experience with dr.C ,I think I already spend my time to share my stories at forum. so, youd better to check it out by urself. I just try avoid to argue or engage any girl on this forum being unnecessary overly sensitif caused by PMS. :lol:

zov
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 08 Feb 2007

Postby zov » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 9:17 pm

vickyabc wrote:i emailed Dr seah his nurse quoted me the below

The cost range from $2800 to $3500.
If an Alar Reduction (trimming at the sides of the nostril so that it does not look flare out) is required, it will cost another $2000 to $2500.

This surgery fee does not include the 1st consultation, medication and GST.
But it will include your subsequent follow-ups.

1st consultation cost from $90 to $150.
The medication for surgery is about $100 to $120.

Our appointment is a first-come-first serve basis. Please book appt for consultation at least 4 days in advance and for surgery, please book at least 10 days in advance.



does any one know to enhance the tip falls in which price range catergory of the above??


I would advise you to go for one consultation with Dr Seah. That's what I did cos I also find the tip of my nose a bit fat and listen to what he has to say..he is very nice and will show you of examples of the past ops he has done. In the end I only need a implant and my consultation cost me abot 100 bucks. Just book an appt with him.

who
Regular
Regular
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon, 19 Feb 2007

Taiwan Doctors

Postby who » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:13 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know of any other good doctors in Taiwan other than Wishclinic and Dr. Hsu?

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun, 12 Feb 2006

Postby leenaaaa » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 12:55 am

I have no idea what you are saying. However, I must say that you are failing miserably in your attempt not to be involved =)

cupid^n^starz wrote:
leenaaaa wrote:Hi, I don't really get what you mean?

Anyways, how are you recovering? How was your experience with Dr Chuang?

cupid^n^starz wrote:
leenaaaa wrote:And Tanjhj, out of curiosity, do you think you should be giving so much "expert" advice? Also, I think some of your claims are unsubstantiated. For instance... you say that Dr Kim is the best in Korea (and Dr Jung, but I do think Dr Jung is good). Being interviewed by our local paper doesn't made him the "best". I know at least 3 other people who went to him but who are not happy. Take me for instance.. the only thing he gave me which I am happy about is the chin implant. Other than that, my implant is obviously crooked... every Dr I have consulted has agreed. Yet Dr Kim refused to admit. Also, post operative care is virtually non-existent. I think you should be more careful when you make claims over the forums as many here are inexperienced or impressionable.


Hm.. Im not intend going into this thread, I think you're just being a little bit rush to him with the " .. " symbol on "expert" word even u dont mean to.
Thats all.


Hi,

My recovering is doing well , thank you for asking it.
Bout my experience with dr.C ,I think I already spend my time to share my stories at forum. so, youd better to check it out by urself. I just try avoid to argue or engage any girl on this forum being unnecessary overly sensitif caused by PMS. :lol:

gucciGirl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 09 Feb 2007

Postby gucciGirl » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 2:46 am

shoe_girl wrote:Hey everyone,

Have any of you heard about the LRclinic in Taiwan? Or have had surgery there? I'm considering going there... Any advice is appreciated! :)


yes i heard of this, i planning to go there for my calf surgery. may i ask wat u planning to do there?

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 3:06 am

cacao wrote:Hi all,

Wow...I've finally finished reading all 317 pgs on this topic!

Thanks so much for all who have shared so unselfishly. And special thanks to tanjhj for recommending Dr Su in Taiwan.

I've decided to go to Dr Su for my eyelid surgery. However, she is not able to perform the surgery immediately after consultation. For surgery, need to book another day- Mon, Wed or Fri. Her consultation days are only Tue and Thur. I'm planning to see her on Thurs and hopefully get the surgery done on Friday. However, the clinic assistant could not confirm a slot for me because she said not everybody is suitable to undergo double eyelid surgery. They will only confirm booking when Dr Su gives the go ahead.

May I know if anybody has consulted Dr Su and then able to get surgery done the next day?

Also, the clinic says if I opt for the cutting method, stitches will be removed in 5-7 days. How do they decide whether my stitches could be removed on day 5 or 7? Base on recovery? Can I opt for it to be removed at 5 days instead of 6 or7?

Tanjhj, I think you mentioned you have a few colleagues who did their eyes with Dr Su. How is the result now? Do they like it? Healing nicely? Any visible scars?

I have emailed Dr Su with above questions but she has not replied. So I'm hoping anybody who had gone to her can give me some advice. I hope to book my tickets and hotel soon

It seems that nobody has posted any experience with Dr Su. I will put up a post when I get mine done.

Thanks so much!


hmm there is no forumer here who did their eyelid with dr su but many feedbacks has been given abt the excellent job done by dr su at taiwan forumers. the reason she is good becoz she does natural looking eyelid job and she is rather conservative who refuse to do revision and certain ppl eyelid, whom she think may have post op problems.

nevertheless, u can call her clinic in the morning with IDD, her nurse will help u with arranging the surgery after consultation. they dun entertain emails.. however plz note that TW chinese is of higher level than ours thus u may feel uncomfortable with it. do not lose heart just communicate with simple chinese will do.. good luck to ur operation. i am sure u will like what u get from dr su. also do get more discount from her if u going to do KYT and KYW. 10%- 20% should not be a problem.. TW also ask for disc like us.. cheerss
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Re: Taiwan Doctors

Postby tanjhj » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 3:07 am

who wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know of any other good doctors in Taiwan other than Wishclinic and Dr. Hsu?


you can feel free to read from page 100 onwards for more doctors name. i have posted a few but did not have time to look for them..

cheers
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests