Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
User avatar
medictbp
Regular
Regular
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed, 13 Jul 2005
Contact:

Cosmetic Surgery in Thailand

Postby medictbp » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 1:38 am

If you're interested or keen in getting cosmetic surgery in Thailand, do drop me a note for more assistance. medictbp@hotmail.com

Hair restoration, Plastic surgery, Gender reassignment.

General information on cosmetic surgery, i may be able to offer assistance as well.

Kgirl

Need first hand accounts please

Postby Kgirl » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 1:14 pm

I would love to get more feedback on Thailand or other countries providers of plastic surgery. I'm compiling lots of the information I find online at http://www.live2travel.blogs.com. So far I haven't received many first hand comments on the providers. Thx. Sorry to take you off topic a bit.

Kgirl

KooK

Postby KooK » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 2:21 pm

txbmandy-
Hey again, do u still have the contact phone/email for your PS in Bangkok? Thinking of dropping him a note to get more details... :D

G1

Postby G1 » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 8:34 pm

haha, i'm also interested in doing a rhinoplasty in thailand. planning it during my nxt sch holiday, i'm only 18.

can i go alone? is it possible to be self-dependent aft surgery?
i dun want my family nor frens to noe abt it...

txbmandy

Re: rhino

Postby txbmandy » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 9:28 pm

hi guest!

yes. for me, swellings subside completely on 4th day. with regards to thread mark, mine is done using 'inside method', which means cutting from inside the nostrils so thread mark is hidden inside. if not mistaken, there is another method which is cutting from the outside.

however, i am told to go back to the ps for follow-up check 7 days later. which means if you cant take 8 days' leave in a row, you can stay for first 3 days, including ops, fly back spore and then go back there again on the 8th day for follow-up check. this is what i'd planned initially but changed my mind because it'll cost more in terms of plane tickets. also, i am not too sure if the airport customs officers need you to peel off your nose's pasters for verification of identity.

i'm sure you can go back to work once you peel off your plasters, which is 3-5 days later after ops. i peel em off on the 4th day, cos it starts to itch. :D

cheers!

Anonymous wrote:when u say in 1 week, sellin subsides n no visible thread mark. does it mean
in 1 week, i can b ready to go back to work? because i cant take too many days off from work.

thanks in adv

txbmandy

Postby txbmandy » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 9:38 pm

hi kook!

i dun mind but its just my hubby that i need to go thru...and he gave a strict 'no' when i told him i need a digital cam to do it! hope you understd because i do not want to upset him. :lol: sorry! sorry! sorry! (thats the least i can do in return for the financial and emotional support he gave me for the ops) :cry:


KooK wrote:Oh, can u mail me a before/after pic too? If you dont mind of because. Maybe just block the rest of the face & show the nose..hehe...if thats ok, will pass u an email to send to. thanks! :lol:

txbmandy

Postby txbmandy » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 9:42 pm

hi again!

it takes time to convince him! tell him how much you desire it - and bit here and there over months, or years during bedtime. eventually he'll give in! just try la...!

still wish ya the best in this! :)

KooK wrote:txbmandy - thanks for your explanation! Guess what, i told my hubby my intention last nite & he freaked out! :( Said i dont need it, blah blah, dont know why i want to risk it, what if it turns out wrong, blah blah..... now i dont think i can even go along with it anymore, much as I would love to :cry:
I think its the end of discussion as far as he is concerned. He said he would raise it to my parents for a 2nd opinion, and let me go ahead if they are alright with it...like they would be, or like i would want them to know. Sigh....how now brown cow??

txbmandy

Postby txbmandy » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 9:47 pm

hi booo,

less than SGD760 to be more accurate.

i wrote in to enquire about the cost and how the procedure is going to be like, eg. follow-up check, consultation fee, is there a need to stay in, etc.

yes, he understands and can speak english. this was one of my questions to the hospital before i went over.

cheers! :D

boooo wrote:txbman! u did everything in thailand for just SGD 800?! like.. OMG! did u email or call the doc 1st? was he good in english? i have a whole load of stuff to ask him about! kook.. maybe we could go together.. lol.. xD


i've seen pictures of failed operations.. like the nose bridge caving in after the op.. pretty scary!! and also cases where the nosebridge is to the SIDE. that wud be worse off than my present nose! :( although a lil skeptical, im still desperate for a nsoe job (:

txbmandy

Postby txbmandy » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 9:55 pm

halo kook,

here you go:

1) Dr. Sukit Worathamrong MD
2) email: sukitw_prs@yahoo.com
3) tel: 0-2879-0300 (ie. think this belongs to the hospital, not his direct line)
4) off working on Mon and Sat

the person who replied my mails (and make arrangements) when i enquire is nomar, whom i believed is in charge of overseas patients.

good luck!

KooK wrote:txbmandy-
Hey again, do u still have the contact phone/email for your PS in Bangkok? Thinking of dropping him a note to get more details... :D

Buckie

Re: Lip surgery

Postby Buckie » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:13 pm

Hey Guest!

Is gum surgery used to correct buck teeth??

My upper set of teeth seems to b bulging outwards. tho nt too serious, bt my upper lip seems like barb simpsons when closed. It can nearly be touchin my nostrils if i were to deliberately push it upwards usin my lower lip as if in a 'kissing motion'.

Or is braces used to correct such?

Appreciate ur response!

Tk u!

Buckie
Anonymous wrote:hI GUMMY
I think you need a gum surgery not lip surgery.
Try National Dental Centre. Look for Dr Tay


Gummy wrote:Hi...anyone ever heard of any kind of lip surgery here in Sg? I need to correct my smile...because I've got a gummy smile. :(

I researched but apparently my prob doesnt come under orthodentistry, where they do stuff to your teeth or ur gums to reduce the gummy smile. My teeth are fine the way they are.

What I'm looking for is to bring my upper lip down so it covers my gums more... So when I smile, the upper lip is just above my upper teeth. Like a slice of orange...that kind of semicircle shape.

Bcos currently when i smile, the upper lip becomes an arc... :cry:

I want it a straight horizontal line across my face. Is there a way to maybe get the inside of the upper lip sewn down to the gums?

User avatar
medictbp
Regular
Regular
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed, 13 Jul 2005
Contact:

Tooth/ Gum?

Postby medictbp » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 1:05 am

Dear Buckie,

If you're unsure of you situation, you may like to see a plastic surgeon; a good start will be Doctor Vincent Yeow @ SGH or Doctor Catherine Lee @ Camden Medical Center (Orthodontics)

Both are extremely responsible medical doctors, who goes the extra mile in making sure things 're right for you.

For people considering plastic surgery in Thailand alone, please note that you'll need some1 to bring you back to your hotel after the surgery.

A Nosejob in BKK is about SGD600 by a qualified hospital, or SGD1,200 by a established surgeon.

The advantage of linking to a Doctor is many, for 1; you will not be seeing other doctors if corrective surgery is required; often the doctors is so confident that you won't need any.

If you're considering plastic surgery in Thailand, drop me a note; i'll be pleased to offer you my assistance & referals to qualified medical providers. medictbp@hotmail.com

KooK

Postby KooK » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 9:27 am

Hi txbmandy - thanks for the contact. I dont think I will end up using it thou..have had some issues with my hubby who is adamant that I do not "mutilate" myself. Had some arguments over it, and I guess its not worth going ahead if it is going to strain the relationship. sigh :cry:

Anyway, thanks for all the information!

Guest

Re: rhino

Postby Guest » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:58 pm

txbmandy wrote:hi guest!

yes. for me, swellings subside completely on 4th day. with regards to thread mark, mine is done using 'inside method', which means cutting from inside the nostrils so thread mark is hidden inside. if not mistaken, there is another method which is cutting from the outside.

however, i am told to go back to the ps for follow-up check 7 days later. which means if you cant take 8 days' leave in a row, you can stay for first 3 days, including ops, fly back Singapore and then go back there again on the 8th day for follow-up check. this is what i'd planned initially but changed my mind because it'll cost more in terms of plane tickets. also, i am not too sure if the airport customs officers need you to peel off your nose's pasters for verification of identity.

i'm sure you can go back to work once you peel off your plasters, which is 3-5 days later after ops. i peel em off on the 4th day, because it starts to itch. :D

cheers!

Anonymous wrote:when u say in 1 week, sellin subsides n no visible thread mark. does it mean
in 1 week, i can b ready to go back to work? because i cant take too many days off from work.

thanks in adv


thank u so much txbmandy. u r so helpful n i feel more confident in gg ahead with it now. btw, when did u do ur surgery? r there any obvious side effects now like sensitive to dust or etc?

thanks

txbmandy

Re: rhino

Postby txbmandy » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 9:10 pm

Anonymous wrote:
txbmandy wrote:hi guest!

yes. for me, swellings subside completely on 4th day. with regards to thread mark, mine is done using 'inside method', which means cutting from inside the nostrils so thread mark is hidden inside. if not mistaken, there is another method which is cutting from the outside.

however, i am told to go back to the ps for follow-up check 7 days later. which means if you cant take 8 days' leave in a row, you can stay for first 3 days, including ops, fly back Singapore and then go back there again on the 8th day for follow-up check. this is what i'd planned initially but changed my mind because it'll cost more in terms of plane tickets. also, i am not too sure if the airport customs officers need you to peel off your nose's pasters for verification of identity.

i'm sure you can go back to work once you peel off your plasters, which is 3-5 days later after ops. i peel em off on the 4th day, because it starts to itch. :D

cheers!

Anonymous wrote:when u say in 1 week, sellin subsides n no visible thread mark. does it mean
in 1 week, i can b ready to go back to work? because i cant take too many days off from work.

thanks in adv


thank u so much txbmandy. u r so helpful n i feel more confident in gg ahead with it now. btw, when did u do ur surgery? r there any obvious side effects now like sensitive to dust or etc?

thanks


most welcome, guest!

did mine on 1st week of june. been more than a month now...no, did not experience any sinus, sensitivity to dust, or nose blocks/ bleedings, etc.

but if you smoke or drink alcoholic beverages, you have to refrain from em at least 2 weeks before ops (m not a alcoholic, but do drink once in a while with friends or colleagues). best not to touch above also for another 3 weeks after ops. i heard swellings would be worse and takes longer to heal if not.

sincerely wishes you the best! :shock:

Guest

Re: rhino

Postby Guest » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 9:12 pm

txbmandy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
txbmandy wrote:hi guest!

yes. for me, swellings subside completely on 4th day. with regards to thread mark, mine is done using 'inside method', which means cutting from inside the nostrils so thread mark is hidden inside. if not mistaken, there is another method which is cutting from the outside.

however, i am told to go back to the ps for follow-up check 7 days later. which means if you cant take 8 days' leave in a row, you can stay for first 3 days, including ops, fly back Singapore and then go back there again on the 8th day for follow-up check. this is what i'd planned initially but changed my mind because it'll cost more in terms of plane tickets. also, i am not too sure if the airport customs officers need you to peel off your nose's pasters for verification of identity.

i'm sure you can go back to work once you peel off your plasters, which is 3-5 days later after ops. i peel em off on the 4th day, because it starts to itch. :D

cheers!

Anonymous wrote:when u say in 1 week, sellin subsides n no visible thread mark. does it mean
in 1 week, i can b ready to go back to work? because i cant take too many days off from work.

thanks in adv


thank u so much txbmandy. u r so helpful n i feel more confident in gg ahead with it now. btw, when did u do ur surgery? r there any obvious side effects now like sensitive to dust or etc?

thanks


most welcome, guest!

did mine on 1st week of june. been more than a month now...no, did not experience any sinus, sensitivity to dust, or nose blocks/ bleedings, etc.

but if you smoke or drink alcoholic beverages, you have to refrain from em at least 2 weeks before ops (m not a alcoholic, but do drink once in a while with friends or colleagues). best not to touch above also for another 3 weeks after ops. i heard swellings would be worse and takes longer to heal if not.

sincerely wishes you the best! :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests