Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
KooK

Postby KooK » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 2:49 pm

Is aquamid recommended for the nose? I suppose it just augments the nose bridge, similar to an injection I had, thou the material they used in my case was semi-permanent (some sugar compound) that dissolves into the body in 6 months. The PS said my results were "excellent, very beautiful" thou I think its way too subtle, and does nothing for the size of the nose. :?

Thats why i am considering a proper rhinoplasty now. Hoping for more people to share their rhinoplasty experiences, good or bad.

Worried

Postby Worried » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:27 pm

Hi Kook,

Frm ur previous posting, i think u went to Dr Wu for the nose job ya? Cos the "Excellent, very beautiful" sounds so familiar.

I had an eyebag removing 2 wks back & when i went bak to him for follow-up consultation, that's wat he says also.. "Excellent, beautiful", hahaha...

Anyway, thgh the results are pretty ok, but his pricings r really on the high-end.. Just wondering how do u find him??

KooK wrote:Is aquamid recommended for the nose? I suppose it just augments the nose bridge, similar to an injection I had, thou the material they used in my case was semi-permanent (some sugar compound) that dissolves into the body in 6 months. The PS said my results were "excellent, very beautiful" thou I think its way too subtle, and does nothing for the size of the nose. :?

Thats why i am considering a proper rhinoplasty now. Hoping for more people to share their rhinoplasty experiences, good or bad.

KooK

Postby KooK » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 1:34 pm

Hey Worried, yes, was done by him. hah, so seems like that is a standard term he uses. :roll: And yes, he is expensive. This cost me $2200, and lasts for 6 months. Dont think its something I want to do every half year.
Hence considering a rhinoplasty or just not bother.
Anyone has pricing indication for a rhinoplasty by someone sufficiently experienced? Eg. Dr Martin Huang?
Think my main problem if i decide to go ahead would be telling my hubby cos i know he wld make a big fuss about how i dont need it, blah blah... :?

Worried

Postby Worried » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 6:39 pm

Ya KooK, sometimes they just dun understand why we need it & well, it really makes us feel gd & more confident!

Anyway, go for it if u think it'll make u feel better. Only thing is to get the Right surgeon :wink:

Sorry, cant help u in feedback for other surgeons (cos apparently i only consulted Dr Wu) but still wish u all the best :D

KooK wrote:Hey Worried, yes, was done by him. hah, so seems like that is a standard term he uses. :roll: And yes, he is expensive. This cost me $2200, and lasts for 6 months. Dont think its something I want to do every half year.
Hence considering a rhinoplasty or just not bother.
Anyone has pricing indication for a rhinoplasty by someone sufficiently experienced? Eg. Dr Martin Huang?
Think my main problem if i decide to go ahead would be telling my hubby because i know he wld make a big fuss about how i dont need it, blah blah... :?

boooo
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

rhinoplasty

Postby boooo » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:44 pm

hi. im 18 soon and im plannin to head to korea to get a rhinoplasty in about 3 years time. IS ANYONE INTERESTED? we could keep in contact and go to korea together or something. it would be good to have a companion! no stalkers.. haha.. EMAIL ME!

boooo
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby boooo » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:51 pm

txbman!!!! can u pls PM me? PRETTY PLS!

boooo
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby boooo » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:02 am

sorry for posting more than once! but i hope someone can answer my questions! for a nose reduction, is it possible to NOT add any implants but just reduce the size of the nose and keep the shape of it? yes my idea is to have a smaller size of the same shape of nose! i've seen cases online of nose bridges collapsing and its horrid! so my next question, is it possible to ask the doctor to NOT touch my nose bones either? all i want the doctor to do is to take out the extra "fats" lol pls reply me!!

dreamclub

Re: Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Postby dreamclub » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:14 am

To all ladies,

I am new to this forum and the subject caught my attention. We organise overseas cosmetic surgery trips overeseas. Currently we have a list of highly recommended surgeons recommended by people who has done it before themselves and I have seen the result personally, before recommending to our client.

All our client will be full taken care by myself personally throughout the whole operation and during the recuperation period. The package will includes lodging, transportation and my 24hrs company to assist the recovery. All these will be kept strictly confidential!!! Hopefully this services address those who are looking for overseas option. Feel free to give me some feedback.

dreamclub
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2005

Re: Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Postby dreamclub » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:19 am

To all ladies,

Email: ladiesclub2005@gmail.com

I am new to this forum and the subject caught my attention. We organise overseas cosmetic surgery trips overeseas. Currently we have a list of highly recommended surgeons recommended by people who has done it before themselves and I have seen the result personally, before recommending to our client.

All our client will be full taken care by myself personally throughout the whole operation and during the recuperation period. The package will includes lodging, transportation and my 24hrs company to assist the recovery. All these will be kept strictly confidential!!! Hopefully this services address those who are looking for overseas option. Feel free to give me some feedback.
Last edited by dreamclub on Wed, 20 Jul 2005 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamclubhuh?

Re: Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Postby Dreamclubhuh? » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 1:01 am

dreamclub wrote:To all ladies,

I am new to this forum and the subject caught my attention. We organise overseas cosmetic surgery trips overeseas. Currently we have a list of highly recommended surgeons recommended by people who has done it before themselves and I have seen the result personally, before recommending to our client.

All our client will be full taken care by myself personally throughout the whole operation and during the recuperation period. The package will includes lodging, transportation and my 24hrs company to assist the recovery. All these will be kept strictly confidential!!! Hopefully this services address those who are looking for overseas option. Feel free to give me some feedback.


So dreamclub.... how do we contact you? U left no forwarding address?

Gummy

Lip surgery

Postby Gummy » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 5:16 am

Hi...anyone ever heard of any kind of lip surgery here in Sg? I need to correct my smile...because I've got a gummy smile. :(

I researched but apparently my prob doesnt come under orthodentistry, where they do stuff to your teeth or ur gums to reduce the gummy smile. My teeth are fine the way they are.

What I'm looking for is to bring my upper lip down so it covers my gums more... So when I smile, the upper lip is just above my upper teeth. Like a slice of orange...that kind of semicircle shape.

Bcos currently when i smile, the upper lip becomes an arc... :cry:

I want it a straight horizontal line across my face. Is there a way to maybe get the inside of the upper lip sewn down to the gums?

Kgirl

Cosmetic surgery Blog covering Asia

Postby Kgirl » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 5:56 am

My blog is focused on providing readers with information about cosmetic surgery options throughout the World. I cover topics like this one for Asia, South America, the US, Europe, South Africa and other locations.

Please join my community of readers if you have cosmetic procedure experiences in any of these locations! My blog is at http://www.live2travel.blogs.com

txbmandy

rhinoplasty/ alarplasty

Postby txbmandy » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:10 am

boooo wrote:sorry for posting more than once! but i hope someone can answer my questions! for a nose reduction, is it possible to NOT add any implants but just reduce the size of the nose and keep the shape of it? yes my idea is to have a smaller size of the same shape of nose! i've seen cases online of nose bridges collapsing and its horrid! so my next question, is it possible to ask the doctor to NOT touch my nose bones either? all i want the doctor to do is to take out the extra "fats" lol pls reply me!!


hi there!

nose reduction or rather alarplasty or also called alar reduction is a process where the side of the nose trills are narrowed. the base of the nostrils is cut and sewn inwards. so i believed your nose bones, etc can be left untouched. no need for any implants.

this is a totally different operation from rhinoplasty, which i'd gone through last mth. i actually suggested alar, but the doctor feels there's no need to if i am seeking a 'natural look'. he's right in the end!

so it'll be great if can consult an experienced ps. one look and he'll be able to tell what is right for you!

but 3 years is still a long way but good you start researching now. maybe they'll come up with better technology in terms of nose surgery during then!

all the best! :)

txbmandy

rhinoplasty

Postby txbmandy » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:42 am

KooK wrote:Is aquamid recommended for the nose? I suppose it just augments the nose bridge, similar to an injection I had, thou the material they used in my case was semi-permanent (some sugar compound) that dissolves into the body in 6 months. The PS said my results were "excellent, very beautiful" thou I think its way too subtle, and does nothing for the size of the nose. :?

Thats why i am considering a proper rhinoplasty now. Hoping for more people to share their rhinoplasty experiences, good or bad.


hi kook!

go to page 26 of this forum if you wana read mine for reference.

you may need to get pass thru your hubby. so i suppose it'll be tougher getting him to be your companion, let alone going overseas for the ops. support is important. get friends who are on your side as companionship.

prepare lots and lots of cotton buds - you will definitely need em.

if you are bespectacled and cant do without glasses, remember to bring along your contact lens. no glasses after rhinoplasty for 3 weeks (on the safe side!). your new implant may be shifted away from the mid line due to wearing it.

post ops - you feel someone had just did an upper punch from below your nose. ice pack required. dont let too much water hit onto your bandaged/ plastered nose while washing your face.

be prepared to stay indoors on the 2nd day. you will look like pokemon, with swollen eyes. swellings starts from below eyes to eyebrows. lasts for less than 25 hrs. feverish feeling. still ice pack.

day 3 - subsided fever. ice pack.

day 4 - you will peel off the 'plasters' cos they starts to itch or had partially fallen off.

day 5, 6, 7 - ok. still careful with your new 'bridge', all funny feelings like fever or etc gone.

you will notice:
all are pains bearable.
you'll eat smaller mouthful of food than before.
you will not risk doing excessive facial expressions.

hope you'll get your dreams come true.

best of all things! :D

txbmandy

rhinoplasty

Postby txbmandy » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:45 am

KooK wrote:Is aquamid recommended for the nose? I suppose it just augments the nose bridge, similar to an injection I had, thou the material they used in my case was semi-permanent (some sugar compound) that dissolves into the body in 6 months. The PS said my results were "excellent, very beautiful" thou I think its way too subtle, and does nothing for the size of the nose. :?

Thats why i am considering a proper rhinoplasty now. Hoping for more people to share their rhinoplasty experiences, good or bad.


sorry. its page 20, not 26! :lol:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests