Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
wenny
Regular
Regular
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat, 25 Nov 2006

Postby wenny » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 2:13 pm

tanjhj wrote:
yen2006 wrote:Hi,

Anyone here did gortex implant for nose before?


got two forumers who did at dr jung before.. but they hardly post now..
i thonk jovin and ocean should remember them



who are the 2 forumers who did nose with dr jung? is it the girl who had crooked nose? i rmb reading abt it...

voix
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue, 11 Jul 2006

Postby voix » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 2:18 pm

just to add to the information here, kai yen wei or lateral canthoplasty is not as effective(or so the lovely assistant says) as epicanthoplasty for asians. very little help only but if you desperate and have tried every single item on the menu, then yes, i guess you can go for it. for my case the lady says no because i've wide set eyes(funny how caucasians would die for wide set eyes and we asians want to make it closer?) and canthoplasy wouldnt be very appealing. there's also another surgery which i read on dr kim's website(online consultation part) some muscle thingy which helps to make your eyes bigger without giving you double eyelids(good for people who already has double eyelid or love their asian looks)

go read there.

anyone has used dr kim's online consultation before? care to tell me how to get the password to use his online consultation?

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Re: kai yan tou

Postby tanjhj » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 2:19 pm

komi wrote:regarding kai yan tou, i did ask sg surgeons before and they said impossible to do for me cos of scarring

means that they can do it also?? but just that they refuse to??

btw,, anyone know 楊國煇 doctor from taichung.. he seems like perfectionist surgeon, one patient commented he was so perfectionist sewing her double eyelids till her anaesthetic was almost gone he was still sewing slowly.. http://www.hi-pretty.com


oh yes this one.. i was searching its url for weeks.. thanks man.. yes he got a very good job on one gal.. very nature and pretty.. i try to find..

now that i see the url, i can have one more doc to recommend..


i find this pics which i last seen months ago. was very interested to see this doc.
http://www.hi-pretty.com/beautycase/les ... BCD0000257

another example of parallel crease via stiching..

however do note thattheir nose surgery is not cheap... also there is 2 docs in this clinic wonder which is better?
Last edited by tanjhj on Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

rainbow5
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed, 21 Sep 2005

Postby rainbow5 » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 2:42 pm

Hi voix,

hope u have a speedy recovery. remember to do cold compress on the first 3 days followed by wram compress after that. really helps in reducing swelling & bruising.

Well, majority of the koreans wanted small tapered crease for the natural look & parallel crease is not popular with them at all.

1 thing abt Korean man is that they are very "Da Nan Ren"-- male chauvanist. This is a known fact, with popular PS like Dr Kim, its even worse. Its common for the PS just go ahead with wat they think is good judgement without considering ur concerns cos to them, U are just 1 of the many patients they have everyday. The other 2 forumers who went to Dr Kim also had the same experience as u. Very hard to get the doctor after ur ops as they are really very busy man.

SInce u already done the ops, u shd look forward to the positive side. See how it goes as it slowly recovers...

crashed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed, 04 Oct 2006

Postby crashed » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 3:35 pm

Hey VOIX,

i've been wanting to ask you about hows your double eyelid surgery and epicathoplasty? is it possible for you to send me your pictures? i've been wanting to see the before and after pictures before doing the surgery. thanks babe~
life is unsatsifying

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 4:56 pm

Voix. i believe it is drow lifting.. however, i am keen to know of newer techniques.. hehe
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

wenny
Regular
Regular
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat, 25 Nov 2006

Postby wenny » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 5:10 pm

tanjih is this korean doc good?

http://iaanclinic.com/


is this the dr jung u mentioned? this doc rhinoplasty charges look cheaper than bkclinic

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sat, 09 Dec 2006 5:41 pm

wenny wrote:tanjih is this korean doc good?

http://iaanclinic.com/


is this the dr jung u mentioned? this doc rhinoplasty charges look cheaper than bkclinic


i believe u found it in the past threads posted by one of the forumers.. however i have no feedback on this clinic except it is very cheap if comapre to other PS clinic..

sori i cant help u on this
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

flymetothemoon
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat, 11 Nov 2006

Postby flymetothemoon » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 4:58 am

can anyone tell me being a heavy passive-smoker...wat are the possible detriments to ur health?

i must not inhale any of that 2wks b4 any surgery?

yca
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 10 Dec 2006

hI All!!

Postby yca » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 5:50 am

Hi everyone, im very new here. This is my 1st post. I had come to this site due to im considering ps and have spent more than 1 week to read from pg 1 to pg 249, (though might have ard forgotten some that i 've read ard! haha :D

Anyway, i like to thanks all for contributing to this forum. U all have really contributed alot by sharing w each other for all that you know!! and in the meantime by doing so, had helped others in some ways that u nv had imagined!! :)

Btw, i like to share some sort of ps experience myself. I went to a ps wanting to enchance myself, and e dr told me that i dun really need any ps @ all, n if i really wan, maybe just do botox to slim down my face. so i agreed, but it's a total waste of money bcox it need not work for me a single bit! Damm, it's $600+ gone for nothing. I dun know is it the dr or is it that i m unlucky lor. But neverless the doc i guess is quite good and not pushy, if not he will ask me do this and that , but he say no need to do!

and so i go to a 2nd doc, this time round this doc told me to do nose and chin, but i dont feel at all comfortable w this doc so i did not do anything at all.

Nw, aft reading tis forum, i thinkiing of going to bkk - yanhee or maybe taiwan to do nose and chin implants. anyone like to comment or give recommedations? eg: country, dr, price , procedures?

also for those who did their nose, did yr doc told yr that with most nose job done, u will also then need a chin implant so that u will look balance n not so weird? Bcox that what the two ps dr told me. actually me thinking of a simple nose bridge only, but aft hearing wat e 2 drs told me, then i think if do nose, must do chin too , if not look funny! any one wan to share on this?

Thanks in advance!! :wink:

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Re: hI All!!

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 9:16 am

yca wrote:Hi everyone, im very new here. This is my 1st post. I had come to this site due to im considering ps and have spent more than 1 week to read from pg 1 to pg 249, (though might have ard forgotten some that i 've read ard! haha :D

Anyway, i like to thanks all for contributing to this forum. U all have really contributed alot by sharing w each other for all that you know!! and in the meantime by doing so, had helped others in some ways that u nv had imagined!! :)

Btw, i like to share some sort of ps experience myself. I went to a ps wanting to enchance myself, and e dr told me that i dun really need any ps @ all, n if i really wan, maybe just do botox to slim down my face. so i agreed, but it's a total waste of money bcox it need not work for me a single bit! Damm, it's $600+ gone for nothing. I dun know is it the dr or is it that i m unlucky lor. But neverless the doc i guess is quite good and not pushy, if not he will ask me do this and that , but he say no need to do!

and so i go to a 2nd doc, this time round this doc told me to do nose and chin, but i dont feel at all comfortable w this doc so i did not do anything at all.

Nw, aft reading tis forum, i thinkiing of going to bkk - yanhee or maybe taiwan to do nose and chin implants. anyone like to comment or give recommedations? eg: country, dr, price , procedures?

also for those who did their nose, did yr doc told yr that with most nose job done, u will also then need a chin implant so that u will look balance n not so weird? Bcox that what the two ps dr told me. actually me thinking of a simple nose bridge only, but aft hearing wat e 2 drs told me, then i think if do nose, must do chin too , if not look funny! any one wan to share on this?

Thanks in advance!! :wink:


as i didnt see ur pic before, i am not able to give a fair assement if u need PS or which part to change. Diff changes needs diff doc of diff country. if cost is not a concern, u should go to dr jng for ur nose and chin.

However my current suggestion as based on a wise saying: if there is no problem dun fix it!
if u dun need it dun touch it. there is risk involved in PS which can be short term or long term.. unless there is a need to change due to physchological stress or working needs, i dun really recommend PS which requires incision. if the doc thinks u are ok with simple botox, than u got to trust a doctor abt it. i bet u didnt read abt the unreversible damage of nose implant extrusion, and the trauma after each PS. even if the forumers didnt discuss it, there is still post op trauma and pain and what if the op is a failure?

regarding botox, i also done it before and the result is not great, however u neeed to know that u may have to go for the 2nd time to see more effects.
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Problem of Human

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 9:35 am

Human are funny creature even for them to be known as intellectual beings. the smartest mammal on the planet yet often they do things which is unexplainable..

1 very good example. (This is target anyone nor persnal attack but a simple question in my mind)

IF a good doctor commented that there is no need of any PS and highlight the risk, the patient will be become unbeliveing, upset and blame the doc when in fact that patient should be happy and glad that he or she look good enough. is this what we call "it doesnt pay be a good" no wonder the world is getting more and more bad... :shock:

however when a doc, who is out to make $, commented that u need to change almost every part of the face.. they actually believed in it and become obedient..... is this what ppl call "fish who is willingly get hook by the fisherman" ?

:roll:
Last edited by tanjhj on Sun, 10 Dec 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 9:46 am

Crashed,

i have seen ur pic and like to comment that i think u may not be suitable to do L implant as it will make ur nose look obviously fake. the reason is becoz of the amt of skin on ur nose is not enough and may even result in Implant extrusion in the future.. which is un repairable.. furthermore, i dun think ur lower face look "heavy" enough for a L implant..

as for ur eyes. we wait for voix to get back to us abt that eye enlargement procedure which doesnt required further double eyelid surgery. as for kai yan toh, as i can see u put on makeup, thus i think it should be ok till the scar fades away in 1 yr time..
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
ocean11
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri, 15 Apr 2005
Location: somewhere out there

Re: Problem of Human

Postby ocean11 » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:49 am

i don agree with the no. 2 statement bro..
it more like when the doc is out to make money asking u to PS this and that, u will start to look at the mirror, start to ask, is my nose, eyes, mouth really that ugly???!?! And suspect the doc is all out to earn ur money!! kaoz.. Human...contradict mammal.. (cos i am like that!! :oops: )

tanjhj wrote:Human are funny creature even for them to be known as intellectual beings. the smartest mammal on the planet yet often they do things which is unexplainable..

1 very good example. (This is target anyone nor persnal attack but a simple question in my mind)

IF a good doctor commented that there is no need of any PS and highlight the risk, the patient will be become unbeliveing, upset and blame the doc when in fact that patient should be happy and glad that he or she look good enough. is this what we call "it doesnt pay be a good" no wonder the world is getting more and more bad... :shock:

however when a doc, who is out to make $, commented that u need to change almost every part of the face.. they actually believed in it and become obedient..... is this what ppl call "fish who is willingly get hook by the fisherman"

:roll:

User avatar
ocean11
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri, 15 Apr 2005
Location: somewhere out there

Postby ocean11 » Sun, 10 Dec 2006 11:05 am

hehehehe.. orh.. noted liao..
tanjhj wrote:Crashed,t

i have seen ur pic and like to comment that i think u may not be suitable to do L implant as it will make ur nose look obviously fake. the reason is becoz of the amt of skin on ur nose is not enough and may even result in Implant extrusion in the future.. which is un repairable.. furthermore, i dun think ur lower face look "heavy" enough for a L implant..

as for ur eyes. we wait for voix to get back to us abt that eye enlargement procedure which doesnt required further double eyelid surgery. as for kai yan toh, as i can see u put on makeup, thus i think it should be ok till the scar fades away in 1 yr time..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest