Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 6:43 pm

wenny wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
wenny wrote:
han fong and wishclinic are based in taiwan right? how come they are able to do korean style nose? if given a choice, is hanfong/wishclinic or korea better to do korean style nose?

btw how does korean style nose look like?

and wad's shaving cheek, chin surgery? same as jaw surgery? liek cutting the bone?

and wouldn't asking for discounts may result in the doc nt giving 100% effort in doing the surgery?
Jaw surgery need to go to Hospital or PS that is hospital based. Like Yanhee and Dr somsak does Jaw Surgery others smaller Clinic dun.
Chin shaving is minor compared to jaw surgery thus PS clinic can do that.

Hanfong doesnt do korea style nose or eyelid eben thou they name themselves as "HanFong". This is a shrewd Marketing strtegy by the Clinic boss. They are still pratising Normal Style PS. as for the nose, they incorporated Ear bone grafting which is abit similar to Korean style but they are not the authentic way as They didnt use open incision for the nose tip. Close incision cant change the tip much..

actually i emailed bkclinic few days ago n ask abt nose and jaw surgery. they charged us4-6k for jaw surgery le quite ex imo... but is bkclinic famous for jaw surgery? i wan to achieve those diamond or heart shaped kind of face...
and is dr somsak gd in this jaw surgery thing?

from my interpretation korean style nose is
bridge and majority part of nose is use gortex.
then the tip they use ear cartilage thru open incision?
ami i right?

and isn't open incision very painful compared to closed incision? open incision sounds scary...

and i gt a qn too how come i see the charges for revision rhinoplasty cheaper than actual rhinoplasty? revision rhinoplasty easier to do?
BK clinic is no1 choice for the Korean actress, if u want their look can consider go there.

Open incision is not painful as u will be in sleep. Close incision cant really shape the nose as well as u wanted. especially for nose tip.

i think the website stated wrongly, Revision is always more expensive unless it is revision by the same doc. even than most doctor only charges minimal fees for revision on their fault.

IF Nose Implant and normal Tipoplasty only, yes it is totally reversible (not if there is extrusion of the silicone at the nose tip), but other surgery like Alar and nose reduction, it is not.

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 7:08 pm

US4-6k for jaw surgery is really quite ex. I have check out local pricing and it cost 9-12k.

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 8:29 pm

hello(: hahs.

i thought about this seriously(means reading forums, researching) for at least 6 months. think for 2 years already so not really fast. cos i'm going to a new school soon.

I mailed to dr jung and dr kim before and they say that if youre doing it at different clinics then it's definitely going to be do eyes first because it's impossible to do the eyes after you do the nose(i mean in the same span of time) because of swelling aand cast.

want to start slow, like eyes because they are my main concern. for nose, it's more like will change but how much. because maybe nose is more prominent so need to think carefully. and test water first, dont want to jump in straight away.

dr su says she will email me back! but she havent ):

candiesboy
Regular
Regular

Post by candiesboy » Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:36 pm

seriously seldom korean stars kai yan wei ... they just cut their eyelid only and thus bigger eye just that their eyelid they cut pretty thick ... cos i see the the yan wei it can see ur flesh and when i look closeup on those jap and korea stars theirs is those original yan wei not like the wishing website that lady yan wei can see the flesh.

as for myself i cut my eyelid quite thick not very thick but quite thick thus having big eye ......

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 1:35 am

candiesboy wrote:seriously seldom korean stars kai yan wei ... they just cut their eyelid only and thus bigger eye just that their eyelid they cut pretty thick ... cos i see the the yan wei it can see ur flesh and when i look closeup on those jap and korea stars theirs is those original yan wei not like the wishing website that lady yan wei can see the flesh.

as for myself i cut my eyelid quite thick not very thick but quite thick thus having big eye ......
yes and no. Most of them followed double eyelid with Kai Yan Toh, only abit follow up with Kai yan Wei. Nevertheless. Good Cutting skill by the PS which do their face. Simply flawless but many less popular actress got that Same Manufactured looks at their eyes and nose and chin. roughly can guess must be done by the same PS doctor.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 3:22 am

FlyingMice wrote:US4-6k for jaw surgery is really quite ex. I have check out local pricing and it cost 9-12k.
Jaw Surgery and Chin Shaving is diff operation. Jaw surgery is for those that have protruding jaw which the lower or upper jaw is not inline with one another. The doc need to break your jaw and bolt it together with nuts and screw. This procedure is consider quite risky and major op thus not much PS clinic can do it.

for chin shaving, it is just a simple shaving of the chin edge to the desired shape and curve.

To shape your CHIN and Cheek, u can consider Botox as a solution before going for shaving as Shaving will means 2 weeks of inability to eat solid food.

However, for chin and cheek shaving, u can consider Thailand Doc as the Procedure is relaively similiar among the PS thus cheaper will be better, of coz reputation of the Thai doctor is another issue..

ecoli

Re: non-surgical double eyelid

Post by ecoli » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 3:48 am

tanjhj wrote:
ecoli wrote:Hi ladies,
I am interested in doing non-surgical double eyelid... some people say is called the stitching technique. I checked from dr wu web, is about $3000. any recommendation of surgeons who can provide such surgery in lesser cost? about $1600?

I am also interested in fixing my teeth... When i smile, my smile have gummy effect which looks ugly and terrible. I am very upset about it? any idea who knows any good dentist to fix this problem?

I dun mind trying surgery in Thailand? I would like to get more information from you guys(the expert). Thanks
lots.

Thks for the reply tanjij.. i have some doubts about the double eyelid surgery
1)from Dr Lim KK... is he performing the stitching method (no scar)?
2)If i did stitching method, can i do kan yan tou next time?
3) if i did normaldouble eyelid surgery, can i do kan yan tou next time too?
4) if i am doing my eyelid first then follow by rhino surgery, will it affect my eye shape?
5)I got many pimples scars or black head scars on my nose(grr only nose ) so can anyone in this web recommend me of any good dermatologist or ps surgeon to make my nose smoother and not dumpy and scarred :cry:
6) i have high nose bridge but look a little dented and the tip of my nose is fat (you know those fortune teller would say that next time you will be wealthy blah blah blah).nostril is fat too. How i describe my nostril.. huh.. like when i take a pic side view of myself, the tip is flashy and the nostril flesh is dent in like that... what type of rhino surgery is done to reduce the dent and to have a smaller width of my nose tip?
I am 2 days old in this web .I have not slept for 2 days reading the all the information about surgery.. thanks to you guys... the information is very useful.

One last thing, when are you going to have your crown and teeth whitening done in BKK? Cos i did teeth whitening in sin for $1000 from brite smile.. but not very effective.. can't see much diff coz the dentist said some teeth were stained by drugs like penicillin or tetracyclin since young.. so hard to remove. Moreover when i smile i have gummy effect. sian.. i dun know how much does it cost to cut the gums in BKK?
jess

ecoli

cheap and good dermatologist or PS

Post by ecoli » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 4:07 am

Hi Jovin, i am gald that you are happy with what you have done. The pics you took are very pretty.

I am wondering if you have known of any good dermatologist or PS to jab something to smoothen the scars or make the scars less visible around my nose?

3 years back i have tried National Skin center where there was a laser machine borrowed from states and to do search on this machine, i am one of the guniea pig... the result is not fantastic and my nose got reddish and pigmentary changes.. the doc say is common. But yet after doing 3 times paying about 250 each session, result is not up to my expectation.. in the end the machine was brought back to states so i stopped it.

I also went to DhR clinic before... not good too.. ask me buy this buy that before considering the treatment which is about 3500. wow... huge some of money and i cant afford to simply spend of this..

So can you have any friends who have the same situation like me and did something to smoothen the scars? thanks
jess

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 6:48 am

1-4 is yes. 5-6 is big problem,
5-ur case is common, dun think any facial or aha or laser or sanding can help. even can help will take long long and very expensive. Just look at Lee Guohuang will know the reality.
6. will cost u USD5000+ at DR Jung, korea only him i recommend. Others dun think can do a good job.. but than i know even him can only do limited altering of ur kind of nose.

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 9:13 am

tanjhj wrote: Jaw Surgery and Chin Shaving is diff operation. Jaw surgery is for those that have protruding jaw which the lower or upper jaw is not inline with one another. The doc need to break your jaw and bolt it together with nuts and screw. This procedure is consider quite risky and major op thus not much PS clinic can do it.

for chin shaving, it is just a simple shaving of the chin edge to the desired shape and curve.

To shape your CHIN and Cheek, u can consider Botox as a solution before going for shaving as Shaving will means 2 weeks of inability to eat solid food.

However, for chin and cheek shaving, u can consider Thailand Doc as the Procedure is relaively similiar among the PS thus cheaper will be better, of coz reputation of the Thai doctor is another issue..
So what about Manibular angle reduction? From what i know there is a surgery, that chip off the bone along the jawline to make it smooth looking. Is the sugery consider a simple or complex one? Btw, have anyone done alarplasty before? I do not know if i should do both the jaw shaving and aloarplasty in Singapore or bbk. It’s more convenient if it's done locally(Paragon). I’m in a dilemma. Price wise, of course I will choose bbk cause it is really too hard to resist. But I do not know if it is safe to do it there? I always have the mentality that if I pay more, the service will be better. LOL..

candiesboy
Regular
Regular

Post by candiesboy » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:25 am

tanjhj wrote:
candiesboy wrote:seriously seldom korean stars kai yan wei ... they just cut their eyelid only and thus bigger eye just that their eyelid they cut pretty thick ... cos i see the the yan wei it can see ur flesh and when i look closeup on those jap and korea stars theirs is those original yan wei not like the wishing website that lady yan wei can see the flesh.

yes and no. Most of them followed double eyelid with Kai Yan Toh, only abit follow up with Kai yan Wei. Nevertheless. Good Cutting skill by the PS which do their face. Simply flawless but many less popular actress got that Same Manufactured looks at their eyes and nose and chin. roughly can guess must be done by the same PS doctor.
yup, you're right. but for yantou its for those with closet eye or ur yan tou not open enough. For my case i did as kthe doc and he says my yantou is open so dun have to open again so just a bit thick eyelid cut will do the trick to big eye :) ..

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:36 pm

FlyingMice wrote:
tanjhj wrote: Jaw Surgery and Chin Shaving is diff operation. Jaw surgery is for those that have protruding jaw which the lower or upper jaw is not inline with one another. The doc need to break your jaw and bolt it together with nuts and screw. This procedure is consider quite risky and major op thus not much PS clinic can do it.

So what about Manibular angle reduction? From what i know there is a surgery, that chip off the bone along the jawline to make it smooth looking. Is the sugery consider a simple or complex one? Btw, have anyone done alarplasty before? I do not know if i should do both the jaw shaving and aloarplasty in Singapore or bbk. It’s more convenient if it's done locally(Paragon). I’m in a dilemma. Price wise, of course I will choose bbk cause it is really too hard to resist. But I do not know if it is safe to do it there? I always have the mentality that if I pay more, the service will be better. LOL..
u should read the reviews of Bkk PS. awesome service. U may like to read from page 170+ or best page 1.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:36 pm

candiesboy wrote:
tanjhj wrote:

yup, you're right. but for yantou its for those with closet eye or ur yan tou not open enough. For my case i did as kthe doc and he says my yantou is open so dun have to open again so just a bit thick eyelid cut will do the trick to big eye :) ..
good for u...

wenny
Regular
Regular

Post by wenny » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 1:40 pm

tanjhj wrote:
wenny wrote:
tanjhj wrote: Jaw surgery need to go to Hospital or PS that is hospital based. Like Yanhee and Dr somsak does Jaw Surgery others smaller Clinic dun.
Chin shaving is minor compared to jaw surgery thus PS clinic can do that.

Hanfong doesnt do korea style nose or eyelid eben thou they name themselves as "HanFong". This is a shrewd Marketing strtegy by the Clinic boss. They are still pratising Normal Style PS. as for the nose, they incorporated Ear bone grafting which is abit similar to Korean style but they are not the authentic way as They didnt use open incision for the nose tip. Close incision cant change the tip much..

actually i emailed bkclinic few days ago n ask abt nose and jaw surgery. they charged us4-6k for jaw surgery le quite ex imo... but is bkclinic famous for jaw surgery? i wan to achieve those diamond or heart shaped kind of face...
and is dr somsak gd in this jaw surgery thing?

from my interpretation korean style nose is
bridge and majority part of nose is use gortex.
then the tip they use ear cartilage thru open incision?
ami i right?

and isn't open incision very painful compared to closed incision? open incision sounds scary...

and i gt a qn too how come i see the charges for revision rhinoplasty cheaper than actual rhinoplasty? revision rhinoplasty easier to do?
BK clinic is no1 choice for the Korean actress, if u want their look can consider go there.

Open incision is not painful as u will be in sleep. Close incision cant really shape the nose as well as u wanted. especially for nose tip.

i think the website stated wrongly, Revision is always more expensive unless it is revision by the same doc. even than most doctor only charges minimal fees for revision on their fault.

IF Nose Implant and normal Tipoplasty only, yes it is totally reversible (not if there is extrusion of the silicone at the nose tip), but other surgery like Alar and nose reduction, it is not.

is there a limit like how many times a person can do rhinoplasty? cos sometimes a person may need to do 2-3 times

so revision rhino by same doc is cheaper but by diff doc is ex?

wenny
Regular
Regular

Post by wenny » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 1:43 pm

FlyingMice wrote:Hi,
I wanted to get a nose job and jaw shaving done. I’m thinking of getting it done in Paragon. But after reading so many comments, I decided to do it in another country (Bankok, Thailand) since they too produces pretty good result and also offer affordable price. Btw, has anyone undergo jaw shaving surgery before? Is it very painful? My tolerance towards pain is quite average. Anyone can share their experience with me? Will greatly appreciate it!
i oso wan to do my nose and jaw shaving in korea or taiwan...

is korea or taiwan or thailand wich is better?

and for korean style nose open incision means cut from outside? will it leave scars? and i am very scare of pain by open incision... is the pain tolerable esp after the anesthesia go off?