Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sat, 18 Nov 2006 8:49 pm

Mod,

Thats why the korean Style PS is born. catered to Asian features.

Taditional style PS are taught by the angmoh for the angmoh, thus the PS look fake on Asian. Korean style minimise this setback thus resulting a PS result that are asian looking yet prominent.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34480
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:51 pm

Guess that's why I've never contemplated it. In the West they get rhinoplasties to make the noses smaller, shorter, lower, etc while in Asia it's the exact opposite. Ironic don't you think? :?

By the way, did you know that the Nose and the Ears continue to grow your entire lives (as does your hair and fingernails but that you knew)? That's why old folks tend to have very large earlobes as they get older. The nose continues to grow as well. Wonder if the surgeons inform you all of that? It's good for business as the implants don't grow. (unless from the rib or cartilage - but they tend to get absorbed from what I hear) So, I guess you could say that the PSurgeons are creating future "repeat" business as it were.

I have to say, your contributions to this thread are quite good. I'm glad you are aboard.

sms
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nazhu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 18 Nov 2006

Botox for jawline

Postby nazhu » Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:56 pm

Hi tanjhj,

So have u done ur botox for ur jawline? If so, u did it at the Central Clinic? How the results?

Jovin results are v v good.. Her face shape so nice now.. But i dunno which clinic she went to at JB.. hmm.. seeking for advances..

Thank you
Nazhu

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Re: Botox for jawline

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 2:23 am

nazhu wrote:Hi tanjhj,

So have u done ur botox for ur jawline? If so, u did it at the Central Clinic? How the results?

Jovin results are v v good.. Her face shape so nice now.. But i dunno which clinic she went to at JB.. hmm.. seeking for advances..

Thank you
Nazhu


for a guy like me, botox dun really make much diff for me.. tried once to slim the cheek but result is not really that effective due to my cheekbone and i believe cheek shaving should be a better choice for me

http://www.tanteohclinic.com.sg/ mine @ $500+, the cheapest Botox i can find in SG, How much does Msia cost?

Danny wanna go try my clinic for ur defined jaw?
Last edited by tanjhj on Sun, 19 Nov 2006 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 5:13 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Guess that's why I've never contemplated it. In the West they get rhinoplasties to make the noses smaller, shorter, lower, etc while in Asia it's the exact opposite. Ironic don't you think? :?

By the way, did you know that the Nose and the Ears continue to grow your entire lives (as does your hair and fingernails but that you knew)? That's why old folks tend to have very large earlobes as they get older. The nose continues to grow as well. Wonder if the surgeons inform you all of that? It's good for business as the implants don't grow. (unless from the rib or cartilage - but they tend to get absorbed from what I hear) So, I guess you could say that the PSurgeons are creating future "repeat" business as it were.

I have to say, your contributions to this thread are quite good. I'm glad you are aboard.

sms


SMS,

that is why i prefer Goretex over Silicone (based on my assumption). Have u seen those those "aunties" with deformed Nose? i believe that it is due to the silicone inability to adapt to the body changing structure. and that silicone changes after 10 yrs or more.. http://korea.nose.co.kr/china/know/read ... LangType=2 thus i wouldnt want (non-organic friendly) silicone as there are living proof of the long term side effects of silicone as nasal implants. http://www.yourfaceinourhands.com/plast ... al-aug.cfm

And that is the beauty of korean style techniques. they use material that are more adaptive to body changes as implants. the only problems is that Goretex doesnt have much yrs of actual research but scientist and doctors are assuming goretex can last as long as silicone as it is being used as implants for the pass 25 yrs. Goretex implant may be no more as production is going to stop this yr end by goremedical

SoftForm facial implants is a new type of sub dermal (under the skin) implant which is valuable in the treatment of persistent deep furrows. Repeat treatments are not required. The SoftForm facial implant is composed of expanded polytetrafluoroethylene and comes in the shape of a tube. Like GoreTex it has a safety record in other areas of medicine. It has been used in over 2 million patients in vascular repair procedures. The purported benefit over Gore Tex is that it is easier to implant, it does not slip out of place, and it is readily removed, if desired. As it is very new in the marketplace, only time will tell whether this is truly the case.

For me, i am pretty ok for revision if there is a need, after 10+ yrs as i have excepted that there is no maintenance free PS. there is no perfect PS solutions which have no disadvantage.. everything have a price to pay.

the most impt however, is to look good and as natural as possible w/o losing your real identity. of coz the material must be durable
Last edited by tanjhj on Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Re: Wow so excited abt this club!

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 6:38 am

nazhu wrote:HIHI I am fresh from the oven.. read this forum and get ready excited about what you all have did. Coz all my frens tink i am crazy when i said i wanna to do a nose job. heehee And some of u did it at BKK.My favourite shopping place.( i haven get my done, still dun hv the courage. but i done my eyes)

Oh HI Jovin;

Will like to see ur b4 n after photos.Can u send it to me
My email : dududog05@yahoo.com.sg
n i am really interested in the mesobotox that u did at JB coz $650 is the cheapest i find out(from u). So the muscle grow back?
I went for consultant before, the doctor recommeded that we derease the frequency of chewing lo..like chewing bubble gums & eating sotong to prevent our jaws working too much,so muscle will grow back tt "much".
My face shape is super square ar.. My frens call me Square.. so sad! n it make me look so "manly". Hopefully can get this botox done for my christmas gift. then i can name as the not so square le ba.

NaZhu


kindly read the earlier threads before u post.. Jovin has areadi posted her pics earlier. just read back and u can find it... :wink:

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

How to find a Satisfactory PS doctor?

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 7:49 am

http://www.facialsurgery.com/PPghowfind.html

http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com/ethrhino.asp

a good website worth reading. see how the rhinoplastry is done, ear cart grafting and open incision. reconstruction and implants

http://korea.nose.co.kr/china/know/read ... LangType=2

why taiwanese are better PS surgeon for Asian...

User avatar
nazhu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 18 Nov 2006

Re: Botox for jawline

Postby nazhu » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 11:13 am

tanjhj wrote:
nazhu wrote:Hi tanjhj,

So have u done ur botox for ur jawline? If so, u did it at the Central Clinic? How the results?

Jovin results are v v good.. Her face shape so nice now.. But i dunno which clinic she went to at JB.. hmm.. seeking for advances..

Thank you
Nazhu


for a guy like me, botox dun really make much diff for me.. tried once to slim the cheek but result is not really that effective due to my cheekbone and i believe cheek shaving should be a better choice for me

http://www.tanteohclinic.com.sg/ mine @ $500+, the cheapest Botox i can find in SG, How much does Msia cost?

Danny wanna go try my clinic for ur defined jaw?


Thxs tanjhj for the infor. Will check it out. Msia one i am not sure yet.. coz haven check it out.

Oh.. botox can be injected at the cheek? i tot is more for the jawline.. wow.. then maybe my fren can try it..

Na

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Re: Botox for jawline

Postby iamdanny » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:17 pm

tanjhj wrote:
nazhu wrote:Hi tanjhj,

So have u done ur botox for ur jawline? If so, u did it at the Central Clinic? How the results?

Jovin results are v v good.. Her face shape so nice now.. But i dunno which clinic she went to at JB.. hmm.. seeking for advances..

Thank you
Nazhu


for a guy like me, botox dun really make much diff for me.. tried once to slim the cheek but result is not really that effective due to my cheekbone and i believe cheek shaving should be a better choice for me

http://www.tanteohclinic.com.sg/ mine @ $500+, the cheapest Botox i can find in SG, How much does Msia cost?

Danny wanna go try my clinic for ur defined jaw?




botox only can change a face shape via jaw shaping to a minimal extent. meaning botox can make a very defined jaws look less defined... btw i am saving up for a botox on my jaws next yr...

astar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005

Postby astar » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 9:00 pm

hi.. hmmm.. according to dr hsu, jovin's doctor, he says he uses silicon because it has been proven that it is safer and longer lasting than any other implant and that he doesn't use any other implant because of this reason.. so hmm.. maybe goretex is not as good as it seems? i'm not sure.. jus informing you guys of what some professionals think regarding this issue..

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 9:31 pm

astar wrote:hi.. hmmm.. according to dr hsu, jovin's doctor, he says he uses silicon because it has been proven that it is safer and longer lasting than any other implant and that he doesn't use any other implant because of this reason.. so hmm.. maybe goretex is not as good as it seems? i'm not sure.. jus informing you guys of what some professionals think regarding this issue..


well, diff doc got diff preference of material. and diff doc will tell only the good things of the things they used.

unless u are telling me that the others doctor are wrong than i got nothing to say. Dr hsu is rite in his view but so is the other docs. they have diff reason for the material they use thus u should trust u doctor of ur choice and the adv and disadv of the material used is ok with u.
once u choose the material, u got to bear the consequences of ur choice, be it good or bad.

From what i know, Dr Hsu, Jiang and many other "older" docs belong to the traditional style of surgery trained according to the textbook compiled by westerners. While Dr Jung and other younger docs in taiwan belong to the new school. both got good and bad points of their styles. you got to weight the two and decide which school u wanna go for.

define safer and longer lasting which dr hsu said abt silicone. Silicone has the advantage as the incumbent material choice for most PS becoz it is widly used in the past. but ppl improved and so doe sthe material.
Safer? silicone is wildy know to have the highest percentage of extrusion. while goretx has reported ZERO rejection by the body since 25 yrs ago.
Longer lasting? As posted by dr jung link earlier, Silicone is scientifically recorded to calcify after 10-20 yrs resulting in it become harden or twisted or both, thus u see those :aunties" with warp nose.. while goretex has been known to be still in patients body after 10-20 yrs..

The most lesson that Forumers should take note and accept is that "There is NO material that has been proven to last w/o wear and tear or degrade yet. Thus Revision may be needed after 10-20 yrs. Wear and tear and changes in state of the mateial is part and parcel of life."

For me, i trust a nose specialist more, furthermore, he is the father of korean style rhinoplastry. To back it up, if u read those links i posted earlier, got 1 article metion the extrusion chances of silicone is much higher than goretex.
since korean style is my choice, i will bear with the consequences of my choice, be it for good or for bad. i wont blame the doc unless it is due to his technical err.

however silicone does has its advantages over it disadv thus it is the most wildly used implants in the past.

anyway, there will not be goretx implant available soon as the co. has stopped production at this yr end.

For me, i have make my stand after much readinga and reviews, which is:
1)No SG doc for me. (yet)
2)No traditional style PS surgery for me. asian go for asian style technique
3)No fixed features or shape for my PS. i will let the doc decide the best natural looking yet prominent features for me. dun lose my identity till my soul cant even regconize my face. :shock:
4)No fixed material or implant i will used. diff implants suit diff needs. if Dr Jung say L silicone implant is better for me, i will do it caused he must have a reason to suggest L silicone implant for me. "Use a talent, do not doubt him, if you doubt him, dun use the talent"
Last edited by tanjhj on Mon, 20 Nov 2006 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34480
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:25 pm

Tahjhj,

You might want to add a five 5) as well.

5) Always remember the PSurgeon is in business to make money first. It is a very lucrative business. He will sell that which he can make the mostest fastest with. Time equals money. Their biggest talent is making money off of impressionable young people.

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:43 pm

i like to add another:

6)have realistic expectation of the PS result. Dun expect to become a swan or cinderalla after just 1 or two surgery. for some case, even multiple surgery also cant make the miracle some expects. The most beautiful face is still the naturally born beauty.

User avatar
ocean11
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri, 15 Apr 2005
Location: somewhere out there

Postby ocean11 » Mon, 20 Nov 2006 1:08 pm

tanjhj wrote:
astar wrote:hi.. hmmm.. according to dr hsu, jovin's doctor, he says he uses silicon because it has been proven that it is safer and longer lasting than any other implant and that he doesn't use any other implant because of this reason.. so hmm.. maybe goretex is not as good as it seems? i'm not sure.. jus informing you guys of what some professionals think regarding this issue..


well, diff doc got diff preference of material. and diff doc will tell only the good things of the things they used.

unless u are telling me that the others doctor are wrong than i got nothing to say. Dr hsu is rite in his view but so is the other docs. they have diff reason for the material they use thus u should trust u doctor of ur choice and the adv and disadv of the material used is ok with u.
once u choose the material, u got to bear the consequences of ur choice, be it good or bad.

From what i know, Dr Hsu, Jiang and many other "older" docs belong to the traditional style of surgery trained according to the textbook compiled by westerners. While Dr Jung and other younger docs in taiwan belong to the new school. both got good and bad points of their styles. you got to weight the two and decide which school u wanna go for.

define safer and longer lasting which dr hsu said abt silicone. Silicone has the advantage as the incumbent material choice for most PS becoz it is widly used in the past. but ppl improved and so doe sthe material.
Safer? silicone is wildy know to have the highest percentage of extrusion. while goretx has reported ZERO rejection by the body since 25 yrs ago.
Longer lasting? As posted by dr jung link earlier, Silicone is scientifically proven to calcify after 10-20 yrs resulting in it become harden and twisted, thus u see those :aunties" with warp nose.. while goretex has been known to be still in patients body after 10-20 yrs..

The most lesson that Forumers should take note and accept is that "There is NO material that has been proven to last w/o wear and tear or degrade yet. Thus Revision may be needed after 10-20 yrs. Wear and tear and changes in state of the mateial is part and parcel of life."

For me, i trust a nose specialist more, furthermore, he is the father of korean style rhinoplastry. To back it up, if u read those links i posted earlier, got 1 article metion the extrusion chances of silicone is much higher than goretex.
since korean style is my choice, i will bear with the consequences of my choice, be it for good or for bad. i wont blame the doc unless it is due to his technical err.

however silicone does has its advantages over it disadv thus it is the most wildly used implants in the past.

anyway, there will not be goretx implant available soon as the co. has stopped production at this yr end.

For me, i have make my stand after much readinga and reviews, which is:
1)No SG doc for me. (yet)
2)No traditional style PS surgery for me. asian go for asian style technique
3)No fixed features or shape for my PS. i will let the doc decide the best natural looking yet prominent features for me. dun lose my identity till my soul cant even regconize my face. :shock:
4)No fixed material or implant i will used. diff implants suit diff needs. if Dr Jung say L silicone implant is better for me, i will do it caused he must have a reason to suggest L silicone implant for me. "Use a talent, do not doubt him, if you doubt him, dun use the talent"


Sorry.. i lazy to read.. but i saw the debate between gortex and silicone. I got not much to contribute, I myself using silicone not too long too.. But! my mother in law been having the silicone incision in her nose for more then 30 years!!! yes.. u hear me rite.. 30 years.. still in perfect condition.. and imagine 30 years ago technology compare to now.. i guess they have improve alot for the silicone material they used now. ofcos i nvr say there's no risk, but who can guarantee there's no risk for gortex in furture?!
PS come with risk, just depend how u see and handle it if things goes wrong. Best is start saving now after ur PS, in case anything goes wrong, got money to fix it... I already start saving after my rhino.. just in case.. *finger cross* :lol:

sweets
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2006

Re: hi babe

Postby sweets » Mon, 20 Nov 2006 3:03 pm

jovinliu wrote:Hi Lolita!

There is such a thing call "whitening injection" 美白針 in Taipei. In order to see results, you need a full course treatment of around 12 times. 12 times is around NTD$9000, which is about S$40 per time. There's actually 2 type, 1 is injection the other type is through drip. But i think you need to keep maintaining by the injection/drip, or else you will turn back to your original skin colour again.

I do not know if there's such a thing in Singapore, maybe can check around.
/Jovin

Hi jovin,
Do you know if this method can help in overall whitening? Is there a method of surgery/treatment that can help me to turn fairer? Thanks!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests