Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 1:38 pm

That lady didn't lie. For me, my swell went down after 2 weeks too. But, the guideline is, basic reduction of swell (not obvious to other people) is about 2 weeks, total reduction of swell (not obvious to yourself or even the surgeon himself) is about 3 months. Weather really helps in the recovery. I did my nose last year october, which is quite cooling in Taiwan. The next day after my op, i actually can put on abit of concealer and went out shopping! Nobody stare at me like i'm a freak or what. I don't need to stay at home to avoid people's stare. I'm surprised how well i recovered.



/Jovin

tanjhj wrote:
iamdanny wrote:for those who did their nose surgery, how long after the surgery i must wait to see the complete nose shape height n sharpness? is it 3 or 6 or 9 mths to see the complete effect of the nose shape?


3 to 9 months as stated by most medical website and forums. some take only a week or two! hanfong got 1 lady with live video claims her swelling is off after 2 weeks or so.. (of coz may be fake)

hey danny, are u going for botox 1st to try size the your defined jaw?
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 1:45 pm

You should be convincing yourself that you need the surgery, not the other way. Who are we to guarantee that you will be happier? You are not doing for our sake, mind you. If you are still uncertain about what you want, you might not be able to take it during the recovery phrase when there's chance you swell like a pig head and you regret big time on what you had done.

Again, to go for I or L shape is not up to you to decide. Your surgeon will suggest to you that he/she thinks I or L is better, but of course you still have the last say. But again, we always like to act too smart thinking we know everything and end up telling the surgeon what to do, not the other way round. First of all, we are not professionally trained. Why not just leave the decision to your surgeon to choose the best for you, instead of keep worrying whether it is really a good choice? If you don't have that basic faith in your plastic surgeon, hey bro/sis, you are in for a hell time ahead.


/Jovin

aloha wrote:can someone here who have done nose implants give me some form of assurance that it's just no big deal and i'll definitely be happier after the surgery because i am having my operation this thursday and i'm actually still uncertain abt it :(

shld i go for I or L implant? the doctor hasn't discussed this with me, is it normal that he will only discuss this on the day of operation?
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 1:54 pm

Yes, that's what i feel too. I'm glad she looks good after her surgeries, but i hate the fact she had the guts to do it but no guts to admit. It's ok if she didn't admit nor deny, but i'm disgusted by the fact she got the cheek to say something like "everytime i think about what people says/does to me, i'm very upset and i end up crying in my room".... damn hypocrite.

What's wrong with admitting you had surgeries done to enhance your current features? We are all not born pretty, so what?! Deny so people think that you good looks are god-gift?! I admire some taiwanese actress who openly admit they had breast implant or nose or some sugeries done. They have good looks, and most importantly, they have the guts to admit. This is what i really admire about them.


/Jovin


katy wrote:I don't think Dawn is hated because she looks good.

She's hated cos she DENYS she had plastic surgery.

She definitely had ops done to her face but her outburst about rumours attacking her makes her look like a liar. She stoke the fire, thats why the fire got bigger !

Anyway, I love her eyes, think she did it twice.

Her nose is definately an L shape implant !
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 2:03 pm

Anyone did laserlipolisi at Eden Medical Aesthetic, Kembangan Plaza?


/Jovin
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

rainbow5
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed, 21 Sep 2005

Postby rainbow5 » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 2:17 pm

Hi Jovin,

have your eyelids fully recovered? is there any scar on the crease? I am worried if cutting wld leave an obvious scar even after recovery

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 3:26 pm

Yes my lids are fully recovered. No, no obvious scar on the crease.


/Jovin

rainbow5 wrote:Hi Jovin,

have your eyelids fully recovered? is there any scar on the crease? I am worried if cutting wld leave an obvious scar even after recovery
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

aloha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue, 07 Nov 2006

Postby aloha » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 3:51 pm

thanks hannah, tanjhj and jovinliu for replying!

just one more question....is my surgeon supposed to have discussed everything abt the surgery including I or L implants during my last consultation?? because he didnt! and thurs is my op so is it normal practice for them to only discuss those issue just before the op itself??

and did you guys have a very long and/or more than one consultation with the surgeon before heading for the op? Cos mine was just once and we only discussed for like 10mins?

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 3:56 pm

Hi all,

First of all, my apologise. All along I thought my implant is a goretex, until someone PM me and told me that he/she contacted Dr Hsu (my surgeon) and he said he has always been using silicon for nose implant. Hence, i will like to announce (ahem!) that my nose implant is a silicon.

In 1 of the website, i read that silicon implant makes up 90% of the rhinoplasty that was done in Taiwan. Goretex is of course of a lower risk for infection, around 2%, but it still carries some risk. So, you may wonder if cartilage is a better choice? In terms of infection, yes of course the risk is lower, but you can't guarantee no infection to the site where your own tissue is extracted.

I had seen the korean site where it posted the side effects of silicon, and to be honest, it freaks me out. But come to think of it, each and every different material used have it's own side effect, none of them actually guarantee 0% infection. If ALL rhinoplasty that uses silicon results in that kind of infection, it will definitely be banned by now. It's always your own responsibility to take care of yourself after the implant. If you have flu, please inform your doctor to give you antibiotics as it may infect your implant.

For people who had done a L shape silicon implant, the first disadvantage is that they (including me) cannot do piggy nose. It's not possible.

I will be nice, once and for all and stop people from asking the same question again and again, post my before and after pics. I had done my eyes, nose and jawline, hence i will cover up my mouth, at least for some coverage in case you guys recognised me on the street and start pointing and shouting out at me "Jovin Jovin! Eh that's the one who did her eyes, nose and botox everywhere!"

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/liewml ... d5&.src=ph

photo1.jpg :- before i did anything. This was taken last year around July. Take note of my very prominent squarish jaw, hidden and heavy double eyelid, and my si beh flat nose. Mind you, i have NO NOSE BRIDGE AT ALL previously.
photo2.jpg :- side profile after i did my nose. By the way, eyelash extension done in Taipei as well
photo3.jpg :- I hope you can see the side view of my nose. Might not be very clear. Done eyes.
photo4.jpg :- This is how i look now. For those who is considering botox on jawline, see the remarkable difference in my jawline between photo1.jpg and photo4.jpg. So far i had jabbed botox into my jaw muscles 3 times already.

Again, for people who keep asking others whether or not they should do in Taiwan/Singapore/Thailand, or should they do their eyes/nose/chin/breast/etc, please make the decision yourself. If you feel you need to change a particular feature on your face, it must be because you are not happy with it. So, do you still need others to convince you that you have to do it?! If it's not that bad and you can live with it, then leave it alone.



/Jovin
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 4:03 pm

My surgeon did tell me he suggest L implant because it will "push" my nostril downwards a little hence my nostril will not be that obvious. I just had 1 consultation, a short one maybe ard 5mins, and i went ahead with the surgery.

Just 1 advice: believe in the PS you choose.



/Jovin


aloha wrote:thanks hannah, tanjhj and jovinliu for replying!

just one more question....is my surgeon supposed to have discussed everything abt the surgery including I or L implants during my last consultation?? because he didnt! and thurs is my op so is it normal practice for them to only discuss those issue just before the op itself??

and did you guys have a very long and/or more than one consultation with the surgeon before heading for the op? Cos mine was just once and we only discussed for like 10mins?
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

rainbow5
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed, 21 Sep 2005

Postby rainbow5 » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 4:58 pm

thanks for sharing, jovin.

It was a great change and I admire your courage.

katy
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri, 25 Nov 2005

Postby katy » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 8:08 pm

[quote="jovinliu"]Yes, that's what i feel too. I'm glad she looks good after her surgeries, but i hate the fact she had the guts to do it but no guts to admit. It's ok if she didn't admit nor deny, but i'm disgusted by the fact she got the cheek to say something like "everytime i think about what people says/does to me, i'm very upset and i end up crying in my room".... damn hypocrite.

What's wrong with admitting you had surgeries done to enhance your current features? We are all not born pretty, so what?! Deny so people think that you good looks are god-gift?! I admire some taiwanese actress who openly admit they had breast implant or nose or some sugeries done. They have good looks, and most importantly, they have the guts to admit. This is what i really admire about them.


/Jovin


[quote="katy"]
I don't think Dawn is hated because she looks good.

She's hated cos she DENYS she had plastic surgery.

She definitely had ops done to her face but her outburst about rumours attacking her makes her look like a liar. She stoke the fire, thats why the fire got bigger !

Anyway, I love her eyes, think she did it twice.

Her nose is definately an L shape implant ![/quote][/quote]




Totally agree with what u said.

When Phyllis quek did her eyes in China, she told the reporter and it came out in the mags.
I REALLY have alota RESPECT HER AFTER THAT !!

katy
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri, 25 Nov 2005

Postby katy » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 8:15 pm

JOVIN, look really GREAT !!!

Nose and eyes are so natural. Congrats !! :D

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 8:15 pm

jovinliu wrote:Hi all,

First of all, my apologise. All along I thought my implant is a goretex, until someone PM me and told me that he/she contacted Dr Hsu (my surgeon) and he said he has always been using silicon for nose implant. Hence, i will like to announce (ahem!) that my nose implant is a silicon.

In 1 of the website, i read that silicon implant makes up 90% of the rhinoplasty that was done in Taiwan. Goretex is of course of a lower risk for infection, around 2%, but it still carries some risk. So, you may wonder if cartilage is a better choice? In terms of infection, yes of course the risk is lower, but you can't guarantee no infection to the site where your own tissue is extracted.

I had seen the korean site where it posted the side effects of silicon, and to be honest, it freaks me out. But come to think of it, each and every different material used have it's own side effect, none of them actually guarantee 0% infection. If ALL rhinoplasty that uses silicon results in that kind of infection, it will definitely be banned by now. It's always your own responsibility to take care of yourself after the implant. If you have flu, please inform your doctor to give you antibiotics as it may infect your implant.

For people who had done a L shape silicon implant, the first disadvantage is that they (including me) cannot do piggy nose. It's not possible.

I will be nice, once and for all and stop people from asking the same question again and again, post my before and after pics. I had done my eyes, nose and jawline, hence i will cover up my mouth, at least for some coverage in case you guys recognised me on the street and start pointing and shouting out at me "Jovin Jovin! Eh that's the one who did her eyes, nose and botox everywhere!"

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/liewml ... d5&.src=ph

photo1.jpg :- before i did anything. This was taken last year around July. Take note of my very prominent squarish jaw, hidden and heavy double eyelid, and my si beh flat nose. Mind you, i have NO NOSE BRIDGE AT ALL previously.
photo2.jpg :- side profile after i did my nose. By the way, eyelash extension done in Taipei as well
photo3.jpg :- I hope you can see the side view of my nose. Might not be very clear. Done eyes.
photo4.jpg :- This is how i look now. For those who is considering botox on jawline, see the remarkable difference in my jawline between photo1.jpg and photo4.jpg. So far i had jabbed botox into my jaw muscles 3 times already.

Again, for people who keep asking others whether or not they should do in Taiwan/Singapore/Thailand, or should they do their eyes/nose/chin/breast/etc, please make the decision yourself. If you feel you need to change a particular feature on your face, it must be because you are not happy with it. So, do you still need others to convince you that you have to do it?! If it's not that bad and you can live with it, then leave it alone.



/Jovin


Well Said. couldnt have said it betta. dun ask me or jovin to choose for u if I implant or l or korean style or goretex is betta, i couldnt tell coz i am not a doc and i havent even see ur face...most impt, it is ur own surgery.. lolz

My suggestion is that it is wiser to go see doctor that does korean style surgery as they offer u more selections. both new and old techniques.

next, Doctor in SG will only said silicone is save becoz 95% of them only does silicone and are trained only in silicone. also, none of sg doc can do korean style surgery yet.

Anyway, there is no L implant Goretex only L implant Silicone. For those wanna op for Goretex will need to go for tipoplastry for shaping the nose tip with either the ear cart or breast cart.

AS for Dawn yeo case, i still rike her even i know she go PS and she refuse to admit she did her nose. rike her becoz she is a living preove that "there is no ugly people, only lazy people" is true. drawn lots of confidence and desire from her successful transformation from a toad to swan.
Last edited by tanjhj on Tue, 14 Nov 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aloha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue, 07 Nov 2006

Postby aloha » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 8:28 pm

i'm more or less mentally prepared for the surgery...except now i can't find a hotel to stay after the op, the whole sg is fully booked! obviously i can't afford a presidential suite and i cant go home with all the bandages & stuff, it'll be easier to explain to my family when everything is more subsided. geesh~

does a L implant gives a more "pointed" nose tip than an I?

btw, just out of curiosity, anyone knows who's dawn's surgeon?

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 8:44 pm

aloha wrote:i'm more or less mentally prepared for the surgery...except now i can't find a hotel to stay after the op, the whole sg is fully booked! obviously i can't afford a presidential suite and i cant go home with all the bandages & stuff, it'll be easier to explain to my family when everything is more subsided. geesh~

does a L implant gives a more "pointed" nose tip than an I?

btw, just out of curiosity, anyone knows who's dawn's surgeon?


martin huang is what i read, she share the same doc as fiona xie and ann kok. seriously i doubt her saving is enough for her total surgery, if u compared her prev pix with current one, her eyes, nose cheek and chin is diff liao. at least cost 20-30k for martin huang. if not martin also cost 15k+++ for a normal PS in spore....


Those who has limited budget, u can consider dr kk lim at jalan sultan as recommended by flowerpod, he is the cheapest PS doc in SG, however, in flowerpod, there is one lady whos eyes is done by him and it looks very nice and natural. in fact it looks much betta than those done by more famous or expensive doc in sg.

KK lim charges 1.3k for double eyelid and nose implant (silicone).

consultation is free and he is quite a religious christian thus u can be assured of certain honesty and not totally $ minded(unlike dr WW)


else can go to Dr danny oh at penang (recommended by sporebrides). rm2.3k for eyes and rm2.3k for nose. has 10+ yrs exp in usa before coming to penang.

both doctor wouldnt cost u more than 3k for both surgery plus hotel stay.


aloha, u can consider bookin hotel 81 or fragrances. cheaper and got discount if u book 1 week. hotels are clean and quite. got cable to rid of boredom.. else go penang, room is 50 or less per nite plus the weather is cooler, betta for healing wounds


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests