Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
sg2005

Postby sg2005 » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 4:35 pm

Did anyone had nose job or liposuction done by Dr Seah at Sinova Medical Cente, Dr. Seah?

Guest

Re: rhinoplasty

Postby Guest » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 7:59 pm

Rabbit wrote:
txbman wrote:hi all! just wana share an experience with regards to rhinoplasty to any who may be keen...

me got to know this plastic surgery hospital through websites' browsings end may'05 and got into the enquiry info. guess wat? i flew over to bangkok, consulted with the doctor and proceed with the operation right after! on the operation bed with both hands lightly tighted, the only thing on mind was:'alamak! wat the hack am i doing??' when the doctor came in with his surgical cap, clothings, mask and eventually put on his plastic gloves with sounds of 'piak! piak!', i knew there was no way i can 'escape' my decision!...then i dreamt of going into graphical cartoonic images and by the time i woke up, i dreamingly went onto a wheelchair, then bed,...

well, count me lucky but this was the one and only consultation i've had and i just went on with the operation...and it turn out to be a great success for me! my spouse who went with me, kept staring at my now high-bridged nose with envy and admiration, sometimes jeolousy! it is not just a change for the better - it is a very Natural change for the best! no one would even have smelt a rat that i actually went for a plastic surgery on my nose! and the amazing part? - our shopping spree costs more than the surgery itself!

come to think of it, this may be a blessings in disguise for me since after i came back & look at this forum, i realised there have been talks about complications resulting from thai surgery. i wouldn't have been this brave should this was flashed before my scheduled appointment. anyway, important thing is: i am back now, alive and happy!


May I know which Dr. and what hospital you went to, am very interested in Rhinoplasty as well. Many thx!


mine's done by dr. sukit worathamrong @ yanhee hospital, located in bangkok. quality cannot be compromised by low costs but in my case, low costs does not means poor quality. in fact, i feel its great skill complemented by affordable price which makes it value for money. btw, he may advised against alarplasty if he feels it does not make your face proportionate :)

txbman

Re: rhinoplasty

Postby txbman » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 8:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Rabbit wrote:
txbman wrote:hi all! just wana share an experience with regards to rhinoplasty to any who may be keen...

me got to know this plastic surgery hospital through websites' browsings end may'05 and got into the enquiry info. guess wat? i flew over to bangkok, consulted with the doctor and proceed with the operation right after! on the operation bed with both hands lightly tighted, the only thing on mind was:'alamak! wat the hack am i doing??' when the doctor came in with his surgical cap, clothings, mask and eventually put on his plastic gloves with sounds of 'piak! piak!', i knew there was no way i can 'escape' my decision!...then i dreamt of going into graphical cartoonic images and by the time i woke up, i dreamingly went onto a wheelchair, then bed,...

well, count me lucky but this was the one and only consultation i've had and i just went on with the operation...and it turn out to be a great success for me! my spouse who went with me, kept staring at my now high-bridged nose with envy and admiration, sometimes jeolousy! it is not just a change for the better - it is a very Natural change for the best! no one would even have smelt a rat that i actually went for a plastic surgery on my nose! and the amazing part? - our shopping spree costs more than the surgery itself!

come to think of it, this may be a blessings in disguise for me since after i came back & look at this forum, i realised there have been talks about complications resulting from thai surgery. i wouldn't have been this brave should this was flashed before my scheduled appointment. anyway, important thing is: i am back now, alive and happy!


May I know which Dr. and what hospital you went to, am very interested in Rhinoplasty as well. Many thx!


mine's done by dr. sukit worathamrong @ yanhee hospital, located in bangkok. quality cannot be compromised by low costs but in my case, low costs does not means poor quality. in fact, i feel its great skill complemented by affordable price which makes it value for money. btw, he may advised against alarplasty if he feels it does not make your face proportionate :)
- its me (forgot to log in my username)

sg 2005

Re: Cosmetic Surgery @ Bumrungrad

Postby sg 2005 » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:36 pm

Hi have you consider dr. sukit worathamrong @ yanhee hospital?




Hugethighs wrote:Hello, I have heard alot of and recently read about the cosmetic surgery in Thailand.

Having evaluated my options, I am planning to go to see Dr. Amorn Poomee @ Bumrungrad in Sept for a Liposuction on my thighs and butts. I found out from their website that they are offering a package deal for Circumferential Thighs and Buttocks for THB 76,000. Their circumferential Abdoment package is for THB 75,00. I have a Thai friend who told me that Bumrungrad is one of the best hospitals in BKK and it caters mainly to expats living in Thailand.

I am looking for a partner who is interested to have similar or different operations who would like to travel together to BKK for the procedure over the weekend. I need to work and cannot afford to take many off.

Anyone interested please contact me @ happy_taraz@yahoo.com.sg. We can organise a group to travel together. I have a quote from the hospital and if you like the details contact me.

Cheers
May with the huge fat thighs

HugeThighs

Re: Cosmetic Surgery @ Bumrungrad

Postby HugeThighs » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 4:44 pm

sg 2005 wrote:Hi have you consider dr. sukit worathamrong @ yanhee hospital?

Unfortunately not. I have check out Yan Hee website though. Comparing both hospitals, Bumrungrad offers a better deal than Yan Hee. Yan Hee charges USD 1K per point. Meaning that if you just do your outer thighs it is US$1K and inner thighs it is US$1K additional point of hips it is another US$1K which adds up to quite a substantial amount. For Bumrungrad, it is circumferential thighs and hips for just S$3.5K. I have check the american plastic surgery website, Dr. Amorn Poomee is listed there. Oh lastly, I heard that Dr. Poomee is the Head of the cosmetic surgery dept there.





Hugethighs wrote:Hello, I have heard alot of and recently read about the cosmetic surgery in Thailand.

Having evaluated my options, I am planning to go to see Dr. Amorn Poomee @ Bumrungrad in Sept for a Liposuction on my thighs and butts. I found out from their website that they are offering a package deal for Circumferential Thighs and Buttocks for THB 76,000. Their circumferential Abdoment package is for THB 75,00. I have a Thai friend who told me that Bumrungrad is one of the best hospitals in BKK and it caters mainly to expats living in Thailand.

I am looking for a partner who is interested to have similar or different operations who would like to travel together to BKK for the procedure over the weekend. I need to work and cannot afford to take many off.

Anyone interested please contact me @ happy_taraz@yahoo.com.sg. We can organise a group to travel together. I have a quote from the hospital and if you like the details contact me.

Cheers
May with the huge fat thighs

Hugethighs

Re: Cosmetic Surgery @ Yan Hee

Postby Hugethighs » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:07 pm

Hi there, found Dr. Sukit Worathamrong credentials on Yan Hee website. By the looks of it, Dr. Worathamrong is Thai trained.

[Diploma Thai Board of Plastic Surgery]
Medidal School : Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand.
Post Graduate Training : Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at
Chulalongkorn University.
Diploma : Burns at Siriraj Hospital.
Hands surgery at Siriraj Hospital.
Aesthetic surgery at Siriraj Hospital.
Microsurgery at Siriraj Hospital.
Maxillo facial surgery at Siriraj Hospital.
Previous Jobs : Had Yai Hospital.
Mittraparp Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Sukit Worathamrong has expriences in Reconstructive and Cosmetic
Surgery.
E-mail address : sukitw_prs@yahoo.com


Dr. Poomee's credentials can be found

http://www.drpoomee.yourmd.com/ypol/use ... y%20Doctor^TAB~Web%20Site^MNU~Dr%20A.%20Poomee^PST^1718483~Curriculum%20Vitae^CAT^6&pageid=93205&rndm=0.4288075

Hope this is useful to you and anyone out there who is looking.

Cheers

Hugethighs

Re: Cosmetic Surgery @ Yan Hee

Postby Hugethighs » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:28 pm

Hi there, found Dr. Sukit Worathamrong credentials on Yan Hee website. By the looks of it, Dr. Worathamrong is Thai trained.

[Diploma Thai Board of Plastic Surgery]
Medidal School : Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand.
Post Graduate Training : Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at
Chulalongkorn University.
Diploma : Burns at Siriraj Hospital.
Hands surgery at Siriraj Hospital.
Aesthetic surgery at Siriraj Hospital.
Microsurgery at Siriraj Hospital.
Maxillo facial surgery at Siriraj Hospital.
Previous Jobs : Had Yai Hospital.
Mittraparp Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Sukit Worathamrong has expriences in Reconstructive and Cosmetic
Surgery.
E-mail address : sukitw_prs@yahoo.com


Dr. Poomee's credentials can be found

http://www.drpoomee.yourmd.com/ypol/use ... y%20Doctor^TAB~Web%20Site^MNU~Dr%20A.%20Poomee^PST^1718483~Curriculum%20Vitae^CAT^6&pageid=93205&rndm=0.4288075

Hope this is useful to you and anyone out there who is looking.

Cheers

Jessy

Postby Jessy » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:16 am

Mine is cutting from inner eyelids.Cost $2050 plus consultation fees .Dr Harry fok opened a new clinic at Metro Paragon level 12. But i tink he charge higher now ard $3500!! Im going to do otoplasty by Dr Fong at thomson Medical he charge a lot more cheaper only $2000 but Harry Fok charge me $4000..!!! :?

Guest

Postby Guest » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 7:40 pm

can anybody plz intro me a good yet affordable rhinoplasty surgeon in singapore?
i really want a fine nose job done in SG soon.

my budget is around 3-4k.. any suggestions? thanks!

candy_t

Postby candy_t » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 8:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:can anybody plz intro me a good yet affordable rhinoplasty surgeon in singapore?
i really want a fine nose job done in SG soon.

my budget is around 3-4k.. any suggestions? thanks!


Heard Dr. Martin Huang at paragon is great in skill with regards to rhinoplasty.

If facin budget constraint or the surgeon's skill is ur concern (which are my 2 big issues before mine was done) then how abt goin to thai for the job?? With the quotes fm Yan Hee, the airlines and the 2-stars hotel, I'd worked out the cost to be less than SGD1,500! But the actual cost for all, which included my surgery + 8 nights' stay + room svc most of the time + cab fares: airport-hotel-YH-hotel-YH-airport,etc worked out to an additional 300+!

Only main prob if u r an employee: if u can hv ur 9 days' leave approved! :wink:

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:23 pm

candy_t wrote:
Anonymous wrote:can anybody plz intro me a good yet affordable rhinoplasty surgeon in singapore?
i really want a fine nose job done in SG soon.

my budget is around 3-4k.. any suggestions? thanks!


Heard Dr. Martin Huang at paragon is great in skill with regards to rhinoplasty.

If facin budget constraint or the surgeon's skill is ur concern (which are my 2 big issues before mine was done) then how abt goin to thai for the job?? With the quotes fm Yan Hee, the airlines and the 2-stars hotel, I'd worked out the cost to be less than SGD1,500! But the actual cost for all, which included my surgery + 8 nights' stay + room svc most of the time + cab fares: airport-hotel-YH-hotel-YH-airport,etc worked out to an additional 300+!

Only main prob if u r an employee: if u can hv ur 9 days' leave approved! :wink:


thx a lot for ur reply, my concerns is exactly the same as urs.. i wld like to noe more abt ur thai visit. can i noe who did ur surgery, and are u satisfied with it? wat are the ways i can contact the surgeon? thanks again.

i heard abt martin huang too, but i think he will go beyond my budget.

User avatar
dove
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 30 Jun 2005
Location: singapore

breast implants

Postby dove » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:41 pm

anyone out there had Breast implant in singapore?by whom.how much it cost?I heard so much about BK but I dont like the ideal of traveling there.I perf to be near my home,where I get get back home the min I am out.help thanks.

User avatar
dove
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 30 Jun 2005
Location: singapore

Re: breast implant

Postby dove » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:59 pm

coralreefs wrote::oops: been feeling lack of confidence somehow due to having small breasts and am blaming my failed relationships to it. I know some people talked about inner beauty etc but really, is that true? I am quite attractive, slim and in general a lucky girl, apart from that. Has anyone had breast implants and did it work?


Hi there I am also thinking about having BA,had gone to 2 ps and still looking around.I am totally flat due to breastfeeding ,still cant find someone I can trust .I had heard so much about tailand ps.but over here so few can do good job.I did double eyelid at sgh and it came out terrible.I had to redo it 2 times .!!!I am afraid to go there again maybe if someone had got good result there I may consider.if you are thinkg of doing breast implant ,we can go together....really I mean it because is scary to go alone..... :cry: hope to hear from you.
email jokthmm@singnet.co.sg

User avatar
dove
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 30 Jun 2005
Location: singapore

Postby dove » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 1:15 pm

hi yewon
ya can u tel me which surgeon u went to because im goin to dr khoo at mt e for the surgery. thanks

by the way yylee8 how was ur surgery ? because i also thought of goin to dr chan[/quote]

all i can say is avoid dr. chan if u want to do upper eyelid surgery. look at my nick and you'll know what i mean. [/quote]

here i am again. i overlooked the 'dr.khoo' part of your message. u mean andrew khoo right? don't go to him for upper eyelid surgery.

if u can, i suggest u go seek other surgeons' advice. dr. wong at gleneagles, who's price is reasonable.

dr. martin huang at paragon.

dr. woffles wu...i guess seeking for his advice doesn't hurt.[/quote]


is it Dr Wong saw yeen? at gleneagles...is he good?anyone done by him?breast augement

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:34 pm

Anonymous wrote:
candy_t wrote:
Anonymous wrote:can anybody plz intro me a good yet affordable rhinoplasty surgeon in singapore?
i really want a fine nose job done in SG soon.

my budget is around 3-4k.. any suggestions? thanks!


Heard Dr. Martin Huang at paragon is great in skill with regards to rhinoplasty.

If facin budget constraint or the surgeon's skill is ur concern (which are my 2 big issues before mine was done) then how abt goin to thai for the job?? With the quotes fm Yan Hee, the airlines and the 2-stars hotel, I'd worked out the cost to be less than SGD1,500! But the actual cost for all, which included my surgery + 8 nights' stay + room svc most of the time + cab fares: airport-hotel-YH-hotel-YH-airport,etc worked out to an additional 300+!

Only main prob if u r an employee: if u can hv ur 9 days' leave approved! :wink:


thx a lot for ur reply, my concerns is exactly the same as urs.. i wld like to know more abt ur thai visit. can i know who did ur surgery, and are u satisfied with it? wat are the ways i can contact the surgeon? thanks again.

i heard abt martin huang too, but i think he will go beyond my budget.


Hang on!..I actually left the Doctor's namecard at my mum's home. Will get his long Thai name the next round I go visit my mummy, k?

My visit to Bangkok was excitin and nervous at d same time, since am not goin for tour bt somethin to change my face permanently! Yes, I wld say for this new nose I've got, its really a great deal of difference for me and I am very satisfied. More so when the ops worked out to be less than SGD800 durin then (which means I am able to go ahead instead of havin to save till 15 mths later)!

Honestly speaking I am in fact quite 'suspicious' with the low quote fm d Hospital - I tot to myself, 'Its either there're lots of hidden costs behind or the surgeons are trainees doctors??'. However with my spouse chippin in to help enquire and confirm the cost and checkin dat the doctors r only those experienced ones via emails, I finally decided to take up d gamble after some encouragemt fm my spouse.

We decided to stay 9D8N, since I got to go back Hospital for follow-up check exactly 7 days after d ops. U can check w reliable local travel agencies who can book plane tickets as well as accomodatn for ya if u can give em d confirmed date for d trip. Aft this, pls contact d cust svc officer (will give u his email address later, k?) at YH via email to confirm d appointmt, bt inform him 1 wk earlier so arrangemt can b done.

If its ur 1st trip to BKK, jus as we are....take my advice - once u reach d airport arrival hall, IGNORE all those taxi touts, whether individual or in gp, standin alone or at the booths, and proceed straight to outside d airport and queue at taxi stand. There will b 1 or 2 ladies in a booth at end of the queue whom will convert ur destination in Eng to Thai on piece of paper, which r to b shown to ur cab driver. Reason? This is run by taxi-meter, which will definitely costs u at least 100% less than those touts! D quote is 700bahts fm touts, bt takin taxi outside via meter costs only 290bahts in my case! If u take any travel via taxi, 1st thing u nd check is whether its runnin by meter. If cab driver says 'no' or 'spolit', dun b shy to ask him to stop immediately for u to get out and flag another!

Basically, d followin r some max estimates of my trip (hope this is helpful):

1) all cab fares: airport - hotel - hospital - hotel - RnR - hospital - airport = SGD80 max (inclusive of tips and tolls charges)

2) airfares + hotel accom 8N = SGD850 max (inclusive of breakf daily)

3) ops = SGD760 max (inclusive all take-hm medicines)

4) food = SGD250 max

U can save more on '2' and '4', if u can bargain harder w d agency and take Thai street hawkers' food respectively.

Before d ops, it frustrates me when I realise am doin this alone with no frds to refer to! Ops in Spore or Korea seems only a dream cause of its high $$. YH is only 'found' thru websites search engines w d dream price tag I'd longed for, bt then comes d worries of surgical skill and expertise. Aft all these, am I glad all turn out very well for me!

Hope d above helps! Its best u can bring a partner along for comfort and companionship! :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests