Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
NIptuckk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 30 Oct 2006
Location: Spore

GORTEX.

Postby NIptuckk » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 2:29 pm

Hi jovlin, i assume u have done your nose with Gortex. Does it feel very hard?.. Also, i emailed Dr somsak and asked abt gortex and mentioned that gortex is susceptible to infections much easier than silicone.. anyone care to comment?

cyke69sg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 06 May 2005

Postby cyke69sg » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 3:50 pm

:lol: This is really interesting....
Image

vitamins
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed, 23 Aug 2006

Postby vitamins » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 5:32 pm

btw for yanhee, if i want to remove my implant for nose, how much?

also, has anyone done alar reduction with dr sukit before?

ahmeilover
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu, 09 Mar 2006

hihi

Postby ahmeilover » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 6:05 pm

vitamins wrote:btw for yanhee, if i want to remove my implant for nose, how much?

also, has anyone done alar reduction with dr sukit before?


Hmm.. since sukit told u no much diff den dun go to him...

I am a example of not much diff after having my nose implant wif him..... anyway i tink u can consider somsak ba... i havin my alar wif him nez yr..

dr sukit dunwan to do alar for me saying wat my nose too thick watever la... i hear some girls aso they insisted on doing alar but he refused...

anyway thats my advice.. :D

vitamins
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed, 23 Aug 2006

Postby vitamins » Thu, 02 Nov 2006 10:55 pm

ahmeilover yea u told me before, yours not much diff.. sorry but is ur nose the flat, or not-so-flat, or average size kind of nose? mines flat, and big at the bottom type.

since mine's already flat, it makes me wonder after the implant, how much diff will there be ha! im now considering to do 1 at a time, just implant for now. maybe tip n alar next yr or so..

Deano45
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 02 Nov 2006
Location: UK

Re: anyone know bout "rapid Prototyping surgery" t

Postby Deano45 » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 3:45 am

Please could you share your oppinions on the best doctors / clinics to perform rhinoplasy , double eyelid surgery & brow lift in thailand ? Some people recommend Dr Pichet What do you think ?? Want to also treat my GF to Breast augmentation ( but only if she wants ) Im no control freak. please email me Please !! goodmanuk@hotmail.com

thanks Deano

cupid^n^starz wrote:hi
i want to share my experiences,
I have done some researches for the best doctors in thailand who is able and already common for doing my cranofacial surgery. Because this procedure i want is not a common cranofacial surgery which is the common procedure for thailand doctors ( FFS). what thailand doctors commonly do is by reducing the forehead or FFS procedure, or even if it is added, only for the middle forehead to upper.
What i want for the brow bossing procedure for male is very different with female forehead. i have consult with via email with many doctors in thailand, but only a few can give a satisfied answer rationally without giving fakes hopes.

and also i already asked dr somsak with email and got the reply from his assistant (chrisholm) and i really aprreciate with his honest for not able to do my procedure because to him it is very dangerous to fill this area (my lower forehead till supra orbital ridge or browridge) with an solid implant.

Actually, there are many doctors in thailand who amazed me, because of their ability, even some of their answer is not satisfied me and make me blur without answering all my expected question. there are so many great doctors in bangkok with great price and also great quality, who are not exposed via internet, i mean they do not have website or maybe clinic, or unfamous hospital like bumrungrad, but also accreditated (eg : samitivej, piyavate, or bnh, phuket international, etc)
as for your information, if anyone interested with thailand doctors with reasoanble price and with great quality service, you can email me and i hope i can help you. from my personal opinion, the reason i choose thailand for the surgery because of the price is cheaper than other country. why i have to pay thousand dollars for single procedures and travel to thailad if the cost is similar with my country or maybe western country.
But overall, i'm satisfied.
Suprised me there is some doctors in Thailand, who recommends High modern techniques for the procedure I want, and what amazed me these doctors are compete for offering to give their best price and best services, and doctors are not the training certicate doctors. what make thy are great doctors because of their education background and also expreiences. let say the example is Dr. P
what i want to ask now is, I havent heard about this technique, bone cement or metyl metacrylate. as far as i know, it can be used by spreading it on the surface of the forehead bone when doing the operation without building the mold first.

For brow bossing augmentation procedure,He uses "rapid prototyping " method ,the most accurate but more complicated operation.the process is the patient have to do CT scan for facial bone and He will use the data from CT SCan to creating 3 D graphic and use computer graphic to design what shape of the forehead I want then builiding the mold made from metyl metracrylate(spending time for 2 weeks to create mold).

He said, rapid prototyping method is the most accurate , because the molding implant, will be fit with my forehead bone without any dead space ,the inside of the mold will form just like the contour shape of my forehead bone
the thickness can be 1cm. or more depending my information and my design I want ,that will be sent to their technician who will use data file from CT Scan and the design that I give them as I want to create mold made from methyl metacrylate.
The mold is solid and it is built by computerized machine under control of the engineer and technician.the mold will be built successfully before the operation .

He said,in the operation : bicoronal incision is recommmended for my
operation and in some patient can have very small amount of hair loss at
the incision scar,then He place the mold on my forehead and orbital rim
,fixing mold with special absorbable screw .
the cost is 4000USD net.

His experience done with this technique is about 15 cases . the others technique like using silicone sheath with lipo fat filling in eyebrow is about 30 cases.

Is anyone have any information about this technique ? or ever heard even familiar?
any information would be appreciated it.

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Re: bigger eyes

Postby jovinliu » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:08 am

Not everyone can do kai yan tou. It depends on your current eye shape. Correct that when a person do rhino the corner of the eye will be pulled abit, but it's different from kai yan tou.

Some gals in taiwan do kai yan tou and double eyelid together, and to be honest when removing the stitches, the yan tou part is the most painful.



/Jovin

tanjhj wrote:
gartheven2000 wrote:btw hor a nose brige implant confirm can pull the inner eye fold out and make it look bigger too. Nose bridge and eyebrow ridge is what that does it for peepz wif naturally big eyes.


i was thinking abt that too when after i saw the pictures. so that is kai yan tou. i believe when a person does rhino with implant high enough and the bridge protruding enough, will pull the skin can give a effect something like what kai yan tou does. nevertheless, it is still useful for those that wana enlarge their eyes w/o going for nose job.
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

gartheven2000
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue, 28 Mar 2006

to deano abt breast augment

Postby gartheven2000 » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:09 am

hi Deano...

I am pretty certain there're a number of complications with breast augmentation. and the statistics are quite scary too. I recall seeing 15% or more women experiencing loss of sensation of the nipples. That defeats the pruposed of breast augmentation so do research and inform ur gf (whether she wants or not) thoroughly and think many times before committing !!!!!!!

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:16 am

Yup i did my eyes. Mine is the smaller crease one, not the big big Indonesia Tai-Tai those kind of parallel big crease one.

But unfortunately, i think i may have to go for enhancement for my eyelid. My left eyelid crease is smaller as compared to my right eyelid. It's not obvious, but i will ask if the doc think he can correct it.

But then again, i won't say it's because the doc's skill is not good. Prior to my surgery i already know that both eyes actually heals at different rate, and i may risk getting unequal double eyelid. Moreover i have keloid and that further risks my recovery.



/Jovin

mountain wrote:Jovin,
You did your eyes?
Do you have the smaller tapered crease or the parallel bigger crease
if you know what I mean?

The ps must be pretty good..I've seen some very unnatural
looking eyelides...
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Re: bigger eyes

Postby tanjhj » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 3:09 pm

jovinliu wrote:Not everyone can do kai yan tou. It depends on your current eye shape. Correct that when a person do rhino the corner of the eye will be pulled abit, but it's different from kai yan tou.

Some gals in taiwan do kai yan tou and double eyelid together, and to be honest when removing the stitches, the yan tou part is the most painful.



/Jovin

tanjhj wrote:
gartheven2000 wrote:btw hor a nose brige implant confirm can pull the inner eye fold out and make it look bigger too. Nose bridge and eyebrow ridge is what that does it for peepz wif naturally big eyes.


i was thinking abt that too when after i saw the pictures. so that is kai yan tou. i believe when a person does rhino with implant high enough and the bridge protruding enough, will pull the skin can give a effect something like what kai yan tou does. nevertheless, it is still useful for those that wana enlarge their eyes w/o going for nose job.


i havent see a real kai yan tou case yet as it is not done locally or at thailand widely. however thks jovin for letting us know.
the reason why kai yantou is more painful becoz we have Sensory point very near the part where kai yan tou is operated. However from the comment made by the taiwanese, still ok, only thing is that it is not suitable for guys, or those who scar easily as there will be obvious scaring for most ppl.

voix
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue, 11 Jul 2006

Postby voix » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 6:07 pm

for kai yan tou i think it's not suitable for people with very close set eyes. wont it make it even closer? also kai yan tou, english name epicanthoplasty, is very prone to scarring and many, even those not prone to keloids complain of small growth at the area of the scar. good news is can be treated with steriod.

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby iamdanny » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 7:01 pm

any gd local doc who is gd at jaw surgery? i wan to make my jaws less defined

as for my nose its alr 6 wks aft my op. everything is going well n my shape become more defined

NIptuckk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 30 Oct 2006
Location: Spore

Re: GORTEX. RESPONSE?

Postby NIptuckk » Fri, 03 Nov 2006 7:33 pm

NIptuckk wrote:Hi jovlin, i assume u have done your nose with Gortex. Does it feel very hard?.. Also, i emailed Dr somsak and asked abt gortex and mentioned that gortex is susceptible to infections much easier than silicone.. anyone care to comment?


AS above, Would like to hear from someone! :roll:

big-eyes-maymay
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue, 08 Nov 2005

helo everybody

Postby big-eyes-maymay » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 12:19 am

Hi guys, didn't manage to find cyber cafe here so didn't manage to read all the replies.


Anyway, this is my 8th day in bangkok, tomorrow i'm going back.

I did meet up with Dr Preecha at PAI. He is very busy, and he ask me to come back after 1 year??? Don't know what that means -la. He said "one day when you think your eyes are too bad then you come back I sure do for you". I was like "HUH?????"

5 mins nia, then have to go. But one thing good about consultation in bangkok, it's absolutely free! Just that you need to waste money on taxi to get there.

By the way people, if you want to go to PAI which is in BNH Hospital, I suggest you take the subway BTS train. It's cheap. When you purchase the ticket just ask the counter train people to guide you. They are quite good.

So hor, actually I spend all my money and time go walk walk in bangkok and pattaya.

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Re: helo everybody

Postby tanjhj » Sat, 04 Nov 2006 4:53 am

big-eyes-maymay wrote:Hi guys, didn't manage to find cyber cafe here so didn't manage to read all the replies.


Anyway, this is my 8th day in bangkok, tomorrow i'm going back.

I did meet up with Dr Preecha at PAI. He is very busy, and he ask me to come back after 1 year??? Don't know what that means -la. He said "one day when you think your eyes are too bad then you come back I sure do for you". I was like "HUH?????"

5 mins nia, then have to go. But one thing good about consultation in bangkok, it's absolutely free! Just that you need to waste money on taxi to get there.

By the way people, if you want to go to PAI which is in BNH Hospital, I suggest you take the subway BTS train. It's cheap. When you purchase the ticket just ask the counter train people to guide you. They are quite good.

So hor, actually I spend all my money and time go walk walk in bangkok and pattaya.


what abt DR somsak, Dr Amorn Poomee and Dr greechar of yanhee? u can ask them for review.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests