Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
crashed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed, 04 Oct 2006

Postby crashed » Mon, 09 Oct 2006 2:37 pm

I think its unfair to judge someone by surgeries they did. The reason i am posting here its so that people who wants to do surgery aboard would have a better idea of which hospital and doctor to go too. The benefits are not mine and to the extent of being judged as " losing her identity .. ". I think one would need to know the reasons of the other to voice their opionions and make assumptions like that. Perhaps, i am just unhappy with the way i look, moreover i had a high nose bridge before i did my nose, so the differences are so slight.

" one need to like oneself before others can like you" the way you are judging people, isn't it a contradiction?
life is unsatsifying

spendalot
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 21 Aug 2006

Postby spendalot » Mon, 09 Oct 2006 8:09 pm

I think tanjhj misunderstood completely what I said. I think its was very clear what I meant. I just said you had unrealistic expectations of the healing process for eyelid surgery and it was prob due to an oversight on your part. It will take at least 3 months for swelling to go down and 4-6 months for it to look normal and permanent. What you look like now is far from Permanent so dont worry.

You shouldnt have to explain to others why you want to do surgery. As long as you are happy with the results and you can deal with whatever consequences of it.

Tanjhj, please read my post again and dont put words in my mouth. What Crashed wants to do is with her own life. You dont have to be so harsh.

yesta
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 04 Oct 2006

Postby yesta » Mon, 09 Oct 2006 10:30 pm

hello "iamdanny", how is ur nose? how many days already? when will ur nose be back to the normal stage?
I want to go Dr seah and do Rihno and chin implant. Do u think Dr Seah is good at chin implants too?

How long does the healing of nose takes? And what's the different between I shape and L shape? I'd been researching and am not sure either.

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Mon, 09 Oct 2006 11:06 pm

crashed wrote:I think its unfair to judge someone by surgeries they did. The reason i am posting here its so that people who wants to do surgery aboard would have a better idea of which hospital and doctor to go too. The benefits are not mine and to the extent of being judged as " losing her identity .. ". I think one would need to know the reasons of the other to voice their opionions and make assumptions like that. Perhaps, i am just unhappy with the way i look, moreover i had a high nose bridge before i did my nose, so the differences are so slight.

" one need to like oneself before others can like you" the way you are judging people, isn't it a contradiction?


well well well, good luck than. hope you going to stop with only just 3 alterations. :wink: really no offence itended, just concern..

actually, the more defensive and more explainations one person give to others' remarks areadi reveal more abt that person's state of mind and weakness....

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Mon, 09 Oct 2006 11:17 pm

spendalot wrote:I think tanjhj misunderstood completely what I said. I think its was very clear what I meant. I just said you had unrealistic expectations of the healing process for eyelid surgery and it was prob due to an oversight on your part. It will take at least 3 months for swelling to go down and 4-6 months for it to look normal and permanent. What you look like now is far from Permanent so dont worry.

You shouldnt have to explain to others why you want to do surgery. As long as you are happy with the results and you can deal with whatever consequences of it.

Tanjhj, please read my post again and dont put words in my mouth. What Crashed wants to do is with her own life. You dont have to be so harsh.


ok my apology. i agree the point of she having unrealistic expectations only. others points, i added myself, for other's general reading and warning.

you no need to worried lah coz ppl can see from ur threads that u didnt mean anything offensive at her. i was more of the harsh one

crashed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed, 04 Oct 2006

Postby crashed » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:29 am

thanks. I guess my insecurities set me back sometimes, well most times. Its scares me, myself, that i am not even close to 20 years old and having under gone the all the surgeries. But i guess at the end of the day, its about how contented with what life have given you, and i found happiness in a different sort of way. ((:
-
Anyways, you'll be surprise the doctors in thailand are very professional and skilful.. for those who are going aboard, i highly recommend Yanhee Hospital.
life is unsatsifying

cookie337
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 08 Oct 2006

dr colin song at SGH

Postby cookie337 » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:32 pm

hi guys

does anyone have any opinions on dr colin song in sgh for a double eyelid and rhinoplasty augmentation op?

I have concerns that if I go bangkok, altho the ops is cheap, but will i need to stay up till a week?? and its not convenient also to go back for check ups....? just wondering will i end up spending more money in the end...

spendalot
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 21 Aug 2006

Postby spendalot » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:49 pm

yah I wonder too. I dont mind doing in BKK but there will be lots of follow up. How to go for that if we are already back in SG?

Jennifer Lee
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed, 11 Oct 2006

Postby Jennifer Lee » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 1:38 am

Good question. I had stayed in BKK for the crucial recovery period and it seems that after it, no followup is usually required unless you have stitches.

:???:

I am nevertheless very pleased with the list of procedures I had done. I spent close to SGD15,000. I'm a totally new person now and I don't expect people to recognise me.

From what i know, yanhee has the highest complication rates as a medical provider. tats why the hospital is totally gear 2wards cosmetic surgery as main customer.

I had wanted to go bumrangrad, but hor, see www.bumrungraddeath.com makes me worry liao. I'm thankful that I'd found a surgeon from this forum & this forum is truly a blessing.
Last edited by Jennifer Lee on Wed, 11 Oct 2006 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Loves Daniel

crashed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed, 04 Oct 2006

Postby crashed » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 1:39 am

there's only one check up 5 days after both eyelid and nose surgery. Over all you'll paying much less than singapore, including air tickets and hotel and i'm talking about a high end hotel. Plus you could go out in bandages and shopp all you want, no one really cares cause its so common...
life is unsatsifying

crashed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed, 04 Oct 2006

Postby crashed » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 1:41 am

Jennifer Lee wrote:Good question. I had stayed in BKK for the crucial recovery period and it seems that after it, no followup is usually required unless you have stitches.

:???:

I am nevertheless very pleased with the list of procedures I had done. I spent close to SGD15,000. I'm a totally new person now and I don't expect people to recognise me.

man thats a lot of money, can i see your pictures?
life is unsatsifying

Jennifer Lee
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed, 11 Oct 2006

Postby Jennifer Lee » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 1:42 am

I'm shy lah. If I were a guy, I may have more courage.
Jennifer Loves Daniel

spendalot
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 21 Aug 2006

Postby spendalot » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 7:36 pm

Hi Jennifer, do you mind telling us the list of procedures you have done and by which doctor? Are you satisfied with all the results?
Thanks!

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 7:56 pm

Jennifer Lee wrote:Good question. I had stayed in BKK for the crucial recovery period and it seems that after it, no followup is usually required unless you have stitches.

:???:

I am nevertheless very pleased with the list of procedures I had done. I spent close to SGD15,000. I'm a totally new person now and I don't expect people to recognise me.

From what i know, yanhee has the highest complication rates as a medical provider. tats why the hospital is totally gear 2wards cosmetic surgery as main customer.

I had wanted to go bumrangrad, but hor, see www.bumrungraddeath.com makes me worry liao. I'm thankful that I'd found a surgeon from this forum & this forum is truly a blessing.


yanhee has a past reputation for being sued by patients. i guess it was in the few years back but i hope it has changed for the better. btw, how do you know abt high complication rate for yanhee? does that means it is not good idea to go yanhee?

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 8:07 pm

crashed wrote:thanks. I guess my insecurities set me back sometimes, well most times. Its scares me, myself, that i am not even close to 20 years old and having under gone the all the surgeries. But i guess at the end of the day, its about how contented with what life have given you, and i found happiness in a different sort of way. ((:
-
Anyways, you'll be surprise the doctors in thailand are very professional and skilful.. for those who are going aboard, i highly recommend Yanhee Hospital.


Hope that those going for surgeries to alter theit looks do understand that it is not wrong to change one's bad features to become better, but do have self awareness, control and content when going for one. else there will be a deep trap in going endless alteration on one's look.

what many ppl failed to know that there is cosmetic surgery addiction where ppl wants to become better looks to seek temporary happiness. it is humane to one to become beautiful so that others will like them, but truth is that one must know your identity and like oneself 1ST before others can like you.

doesnt you have come across unpopular chioubus in school or office who is not happy with their lives? and those average looking but popular ones who are very happy with their lives?

the true happiness is not in skin deep beauty, else the world's happiest ppl will be all those beautiful ppl liao.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests