Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
spendalot

Post by spendalot » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:34 pm

cupid^n^starz wrote:hi spendalot

i really need help. dr sukit can not the the procedures i want. so the hospital recommend me with dr greechart, dr juta jansi, dr pitch, dr thawatchai, dr chantas kolkijkovin, and dr arthi kruavit.is there anyone here ever did the surgery with one of them. please share. i also heard about the vejthani hospital, some people also said it has good quality and good price. has anyone hear about them. or maybe you can recommended doctors who are good for brow bossing ?
thx a lot.
Hi, most of the things I know, I know through this forum. Just that a contact of mine from Bkk told me to look for Dr Greechart if I go to Yanhee but personally she would go to Dr Preecha. Thats all I know. I am still considering.

spendalot

Post by spendalot » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:37 pm

escadagirl wrote:Thanks Dolphin & spendalot for the explanation.

You are right, since I have made up my mind, I shouldn't be easily swayed by others. Most importantly, I must not regret my decision because ultimately I chose this road, noone else to blame. I do not have a big and ugly nose, its just small and has no bridge which looks funny on me as the rest of my face features are sharp and I have high cheeckbones as well.

I have decided to go to Dr Oh from penang due to the experience he has, and he is also one of the PS associated with Beautiful holidays if Im not wrong. I have read of good reviews about him from another forum. He uses L-shaped implant and this is what worries me too, but I shaped is not what I want, thats why I didn't choose to go BKK for rhino.

I just pray that everything will turn out fine. and that my parents will NEVER EVER find out. This coming Tuesday will be my surgery day.
Are you going alone? You are very brave.
May I know which other forum do you go to? I would like to read about other comments for other doctors.
Keep us posted of your surgery. Good luck!!

Kattt

Post by Kattt » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Although I have been reading this thread religiously, this is my first time posting here. I am looking for a good doctor in korea to have my revision double eyelid done.

I also went to Korea a couple of months ago and got my double eyelid operation. I had multiple eyelids (one deeper than the rest) and asked for a visible parallel crease. Although my double eyelids look natural, I am not happy with the result... you can barely see the crease! I don't think it was a communication problem because he could understand English!

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Last edited by Kattt on Sat, 09 Sep 2006 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 12:07 am

do you mind telling us who your plastic surgeon was?

Kattt

Post by Kattt » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 12:22 am

Dr Kim from BK Clinic.

mitsukai

Post by mitsukai » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 12:57 am

rosecarlito wrote:mitsukai,

I am going to do breast enlargement
Are you going alone? Tell me the good news & result when you are done with the op. Thanks. :D

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 10:52 am

i know dr jung does eyelid surgery as well. maybe you can try him. from what i've heard, it seems like dr kim is too full of himself. he thinks he knows best and everything you ask him, he will tell you no worries. whereas for dr jung he's a man of little words but i think if you've got questions to ask, he will tell you. did you show dr kim a picture of what you like?

vitamins
Regular
Regular

Post by vitamins » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 11:58 am

i have one question here.. anyone knows the kind of noses that each doctors do or prefer to do?

if i have mine done by Dr sukit, i know it won't turn out like the korean kind of nose... becuz he said there's so many limitations :(
What about Dr Danny Oh, more like the malaysia singapore style?
i think for asia, korean and hk style looks good

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 1:28 pm

vitamins wrote:i have one question here.. anyone knows the kind of noses that each doctors do or prefer to do?

if i have mine done by Dr sukit, i know it won't turn out like the korean kind of nose... becuz he said there's so many limitations :(
What about Dr Danny Oh, more like the malaysia singapore style?
i think for asia, korean and hk style looks good

there's limitations to how much ur nose can change... cos it depends on ur current nose... its like a person with jackie chan nose can't possibly be changed to andy lau's nose ma.... one gt to be realistic of the results... we haf to seek for improvement rather than perfection

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 1:39 pm

voix wrote:iamdanny: well, they sure know it's not that cos i'e already been through that. hahas. when i was about 5 or 6 i think. to cure the sinus problem but it's still there for me. just not as bad. i told my mum i was very unhappy with my nose and that i felt very offended whenever people say i dont look like either of my parents. and she agrees. i look neither like my mum nor dad. so after some persuation, some good grades and some research to make sure that her daughter wont turn into some freak of nature, she relented. my dad would be that bit harder. so i'm doing it abroad. each to his own. but i hope that you have a wonderful nose at the end of it all. do share yarh. dont just disappear after you're through.
actually i same as u. my features dun resemble any of my parents n my parents told me i am adopted by them when i am young dunno if they joking or mean serious.... cos i dun look like them lor.. so far my parents dunno my main purpose of the nose surgery wich is to haf sharper nicer nose... all they know is i go for this rhinoplasty to correct breathing prob cos i read b4 rhinoplasty can be used to correct breathing prob... actually i nt sure to go ahead with dr seah or nt cos i nvr read of any ppl in this forum let him do nose surgery b4.... but he is the president of singapore plastic surgery association or sth... so i guess he shd be safe ba.. cos i am doing only L shape implant n nt other complicated thigns so shdn't be tt dangerous.... i this coming tue see if i am comfortable with him during the consultation or nt lor... hopefully can get it done by end sept n i can dun bother abt my nose thing le... its so irritating to see other ppl haf sharp nose n i dun haf... so i muz put an end to all these by going for the op..

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 3:08 pm

hahas. my mum said re same thing when was young too! you were picked up from the rubbish bin. hahas. actually there are many possibilities. dont let ther surgoen bully you into doing something you dont like or telling there's only so much that can be done. of course, you cannot expect to have 100% perfect but simple things like reducing size of nose, if he tell you cannot you know that he is bs-ing. he simply does not have the skills to do it for you and he still wants to earn your money so he says cannot. making you believe that you have no hope.

for noses, ithink the best would be go korea if you have the moolah cos their noses and ours quite alike. also, the doctors there have ample practice. but if it's just simply stuff like i hsape implant then i think dr sukit will suffice.

btw, noone knows where jovin goes for her botox shots? i know it's in malaysia but where, how much, how long and how pain?

Wallflora

Post by Wallflora » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 8:02 pm

rosecarlito wrote:Hi girls,

Wallflora and mitsukai

I am going to meet Dr Preecha early Oct. and the day has been fixed. I will let you know after getting done. his price is high but I would like to be safe.

walflora, would you like to join me to have done by him ?

I can't make it in Oct coz my work schedule doesn't allow it. Can only go in Dec. If only there's company. Can't tell my family about this coz they will surely stop me. To me, there's nothing wrong with my chest. Sigh.

What kind of implants or surgery you thinking of? I am blur blur in this area. Need to read up. Heard there's a magazine on local & neighbouring countries' cosmetic surgeons.

Any ideas? Thanks.

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 8:11 pm

voix wrote:hahas. my mum said re same thing when was young too! you were picked up from the rubbish bin. hahas. actually there are many possibilities. dont let ther surgoen bully you into doing something you dont like or telling there's only so much that can be done. of course, you cannot expect to have 100% perfect but simple things like reducing size of nose, if he tell you cannot you know that he is bs-ing. he simply does not have the skills to do it for you and he still wants to earn your money so he says cannot. making you believe that you have no hope.

for noses, ithink the best would be go korea if you have the moolah cos their noses and ours quite alike. also, the doctors there have ample practice. but if it's just simply stuff like i hsape implant then i think dr sukit will suffice.

btw, noone knows where jovin goes for her botox shots? i know it's in malaysia but where, how much, how long and how pain?

my mum oso say i am collected from rubbish bin lol... looks like all parents said tt... i shd be 80% sure to do rhinoplasty this end of sept cos everything is more or less confirmed nw left the consultation next tue witg dr seah... but then i stil tinkin to choose dr seah or dr harry fok or dr hong...

Wallflora

Post by Wallflora » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 8:18 pm

mitsukai wrote:
Wallflora wrote:Mitsukai,
You were saying can't exercise after the surgery. But if I do it overseas, don't I need to carry my luggage? :shock:
Can I opt to stay for days in the hospital? Anyone going in Dec? Anyone did it there before and the results are fantastic? Thanks.
Hi Wallflora, yr luaggage shld be packed light (max25kg) to avoid injury if u r travelling alone. u will be required to stay for 1 or 2 nights in the hospital. Most probably i'll be going in oct.
Thanks for the info. Oct is so fast! All the best then! Wonder how much is a boob job plus some lipo for tummy & thigh?

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Sat, 09 Sep 2006 11:26 pm

should be fine. but what i would advise you(after being advise by others) is that it's good if you go in with a list of ready questions and at least some understanding of the basic procedure, risk and healing so that he would not need to restart on everything and can make the consultation more personal and he can focus on your needs, instead of re explainng the whole process(something i'm sure he must be very tired of already).
some pictures would be good as well to make sure that both the doctor and the patient are on the same page. at the same time, try to look out for some tell tale signs of what kind of surgeon he would be, is he patient? does he seem sincere in helping you achieveing your needs. when asking about costs, does he evade the questions or give very vague answers. one question to always ask is if there are any extra cost. WW normally doesnt give you a very good gauge of the price, he will evade questions or give you wide price range like from 2900 to about 4000 which i feel is too big a gap. ask whether revisions would be done free of charge and if refund or partial refund would be given in the place of revision if you really dont trust him to bring a knife to your face. sorry i think i type too much already. so naggy.