Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
vitamins
Regular
Regular

Post by vitamins » Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:42 pm

im a female too... will definitely feel more comfortable travelling with ladies.. dr danny oh seems ok, but if compare malaysia and thailand, thailand seems to be a hotter choice for surgery..

other than dr sukit from yanhee, anyone has experience with other doctors?

*where will u all be staying btw?*

i saw this in another forum haha... what will happen if a ball hits our face, say a few months after the nose job, and a few yrs after the nose job?

escadagirl

Post by escadagirl » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 1:52 am

Iamdanny: oops, sorry I may have misread ur email. Anyway its still personal preference as to which doctor to go to, most importantly is to be comfortable witht he doctor. =)

As for myself, I am now having second decisions as to whether I should go for rhinoplasty or not. i am more concerned with the swelling and bruising that I have to go through, and am afraid that when I return, my parents would find out.

babyevil85
Regular
Regular

hi

Post by babyevil85 » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 4:11 am

u guys care to let me join u all in dec for nose job at thailand too ?

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 9:37 pm

escadagirl wrote:Iamdanny: oops, sorry I may have misread ur email. Anyway its still personal preference as to which doctor to go to, most importantly is to be comfortable witht he doctor. =)

As for myself, I am now having second decisions as to whether I should go for rhinoplasty or not. i am more concerned with the swelling and bruising that I have to go through, and am afraid that when I return, my parents would find out.
dun worry its ok.. i jus dun wan ppl to misinterpret or misunderstand me... cos the feelin of being misunderstood is nt gd...

anyway my parents object me to go thailand do surgery... they ask me to do in singapore n they paying for me yay... any gd local doc to intro? i know some of ppl in forum let sg doc do b4... like blackcreamer etc.. care to share wif me ur exp abt local docs? thanks

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 9:46 pm

iamdanny: congrats! wish my dad could be as understanding. that's why it's almost like a conspiracy between me and my mum. got to hide it from the man as well as the nosy relatives. so doing it abroad. are you looking for top notch surgeons or the second league ones? cos the good ones will be martin huang. i dont like/trust that woffles wu. he seems like a conceited pig. my mum had a bad experience with him before.

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:31 pm

hi

i really need help. dr sukit can not the the procedures i want. so the hospital recommend me with dr greechart, dr juta jansi, dr pitch and dr thawatchai. is there anyone here ever did the surgery with one of them. please share. i also heard about the vejthani hospital, some people also said it has good quality and good price. has anyone hear about them.
i'm also looking medictbp, has anyone here have her email. share with me pls.
thx a lot.

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:22 pm

voix wrote:iamdanny: congrats! wish my dad could be as understanding. that's why it's almost like a conspiracy between me and my mum. got to hide it from the man as well as the nosy relatives. so doing it abroad. are you looking for top notch surgeons or the second league ones? cos the good ones will be martin huang. i dont like/trust that woffles wu. he seems like a conceited pig. my mum had a bad experience with him before.

i tink i wil settle for dr harry fok cos he charge reasonably like 3kplus... n he seem quite gd in his skills... but then my parents dun entirely support my decision yet... haf to see how i convince them... feel so bad to make them pay for my surgery.... perhaps u try to convince them?

escadagirl

Post by escadagirl » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:31 pm

So difficult to get emotional support from boyfriend. I am very confused about the complications that may arise from a silicon implant (rhinoplasty), and he is not giving me much support and encouragement. In fact, he just keep bringing me down by saying if anything goes wrong, I better not regret and go to him crying.

Haiz...feel so upset now.

Can someone enlighten me on the possibilty of getting complications or the dangers of a silicon implant? And is rhinoplasty cnsidered a dangerous surgery? What are some of the possible outcomes I may have to consider?

spendalot

Post by spendalot » Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:47 pm

Rhinoplasty is one of the most common procedure. Compared to other types of surgery, it has the fastest recovery time too. Risk is very low but of course with anything, there will still be risk involved.
You have to consider the pros and cons and why you want to do this. Is it worth the money, pain and disapproval from your bf? Does your nose make you feel very ugly and you suffer from low self esteem as a result?
No one will be 100% happy with how they look. If you keep wanting to enhance your features, you will not just stop at rhinoplasty. You must know that and have reasonable expectations of the outcome.

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 12:37 am

hi spendalot

i really need help. dr sukit can not the the procedures i want. so the hospital recommend me with dr greechart, dr juta jansi, dr pitch, dr thawatchai, dr chantas kolkijkovin, and dr arthi kruavit.is there anyone here ever did the surgery with one of them. please share. i also heard about the vejthani hospital, some people also said it has good quality and good price. has anyone hear about them. or maybe you can recommended doctors who are good for brow bossing ?
thx a lot.

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:13 am

escadagirl wrote:So difficult to get emotional support from boyfriend. I am very confused about the complications that may arise from a silicon implant (rhinoplasty), and he is not giving me much support and encouragement. In fact, he just keep bringing me down by saying if anything goes wrong, I better not regret and go to him crying.

Can someone enlighten me on the possibilty of getting complications or the dangers of a silicon implant? And is rhinoplasty cnsidered a dangerous surgery? What are some of the possible outcomes I may have to consider?

actually i in the same shoes as u too... its so hard to get emotional support from frens n family.. when i tell them i wan to do they will say u dun haf to do la... wad if later do le some complications happen then how... then i oso consider for many months le n decide to go ahead... then my family say if i really wan to do they only wan me to do local one cos at least its safer.... cos if anything happen we can go back to local doc or complain to case etc... but if u go overseas anything happen we cant do anything cos the doc may haf fled away... so aft considering i decide to do in singapore ba but everything is nt confirmed yet

rosecarlito

Post by rosecarlito » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:16 am

Hi girls,

Wallflora and mitsukai

I am going to meet Dr Preecha early Oct. and the day has been fixed. I will let you know after getting done. his price is high but I would like to be safe.

walflora, would you like to join me to have done by him ?
hi

voix
Regular
Regular

Post by voix » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:22 am

iamdanny: my mum agrees. it's just my dad. we dont even think we want to tel him cos it's going to be quite ugly.

dolphin

Post by dolphin » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:57 am

escadagirl wrote:So difficult to get emotional support from boyfriend. I am very confused about the complications that may arise from a silicon implant (rhinoplasty), and he is not giving me much support and encouragement. In fact, he just keep bringing me down by saying if anything goes wrong, I better not regret and go to him crying.

Dear escadagirl,
Since you've decided on going ahead with rhinoplasty already, you should just do it or you'll be wondering about "what-if"s forever and that wouldmake you unhappy.

Guess your bf is also worried about possible complications that's why he reacted that way...perhaps it's his way of showing concern...

If you're simply worried about implant material alone, then I suggest you pay a little more for Goretex implant... It's considered much safer than silicone implants.... At least you won't have to worry about contraction, implant moving etc But then again, no implant is perfect.... Even if we use our own cartilage, there is a chance of the cartilage warping although infection risk is significantly lower with use of autologous materials.

Someone was asking about "what will happen if a ball hits our face after rhinoplasty one or two years down the road?"

I've seen a doctor answer that question before.....
For silicone implant : Depending on force of ball, quite highly can get dislodged, position may shift etc This is because silicone is a non-porous material, it doesn't really bind to the bone or skin...what happens is that skin just grows around it ( like a capsule ) so if the force is hard enough, the whole thing may shift... Just have to see a PS who will shift it back for you.

For Goretex: Goretex is semi-porous so your skin and cells can actually grow into and around it, holding it firmly in place.

For Cartilage/ selfbone/auto/homologous implants : These will bind with your bone and cells, so it shouldn't even move at all.

But actually, if you ask me, if a ball hits us with such a force, I think even a normal person who has never undergone rhinoplasty might end up having a broken nose too right?

ALthough rhinoplasty is more or less a common procedure, you still have to do alot of research.... If you have the time and money, go consult a PS or 2 , they should be able to give you advice also.... Then go read up on pros and cons..... Infection rates/lives and pros cons of different implant materials ( even their shape, for example, why I shape is much safer than L shape ) and even different surgery techniques. In the end, you want a nose that can last you more or less permanently right? Shop for a good doctor too.... Do it well the first time so you won't have to shop for another doctor sometime down the road.......

I hope this helps you :)

escadagirl

Post by escadagirl » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 1:15 pm

Thanks Dolphin & spendalot for the explanation.

You are right, since I have made up my mind, I shouldn't be easily swayed by others. Most importantly, I must not regret my decision because ultimately I chose this road, noone else to blame. I do not have a big and ugly nose, its just small and has no bridge which looks funny on me as the rest of my face features are sharp and I have high cheeckbones as well.

I have decided to go to Dr Oh from penang due to the experience he has, and he is also one of the PS associated with Beautiful holidays if Im not wrong. I have read of good reviews about him from another forum. He uses L-shaped implant and this is what worries me too, but I shaped is not what I want, thats why I didn't choose to go BKK for rhino.

I just pray that everything will turn out fine. and that my parents will NEVER EVER find out. This coming Tuesday will be my surgery day.