Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
bitch
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 23 Nov 2005
Location: singapore

to eustacia

Postby bitch » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:51 am

hi eustacia..
your is not a permanet eyelid operation i suppose...does dr kk lim do permanent double eyelid?

how much is the cost and lastly is he skilled in doing that?

Lass
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 12 Jun 2006

Dr KK Lim

Postby Lass » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 8:19 am

Hi I just consulted Dr KK Lim last sat.

He's charging me $1500 for my double eyelid op (the incisional, permanent method which can remove fats). Nose implant would be $1,500 too.

Dr Lim said he's been in this field for more than 30 years. And I've seen his before-and-after pics of past patients (eye area only). I think he does an equally good job, even though he's not operating in a hospital. I think quite a number of ppl also go to him for eyelid jobs, at least based on the photos and what he told me.

I've been mulling over my decision. And i think i might wanna do my surgery with Dr Lim due to cost considerations. Dr F would cost me around $500 more in total (after GST, consultation &/or medicine). But of course, if I'm not the kind where $500 makes any difference to me, i'd go with Dr F.

Hope i won't be making the wrong decision!

Eustacia: The cost for your surgery (both eye & nose)seems cheaper than what he quoted me! Don't know why...

Thanks for posting your pics! Your eyelid is very nice now! Very natural. Happy for you! :)

Lass
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 12 Jun 2006

Dr Sukit

Postby Lass » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 8:42 am

Hi ahmeilover,

Thanks for your post! Actually if my schedule allows, I'd definitely fly over to Bangkok to do my eyelid surgery with Dr Sukhit. But because of my timetable constraint, I've decided to do it in Singapore.

Perhaps 1 or 2 years later, i will consider going to see Dr Sukhit for rhino when my eyelids has more or less settled down.

thanks for sharing though :)

Cheers.

Eustacia
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005

Re: to eustacia

Postby Eustacia » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:13 am

bitch wrote:hi eustacia..
your is not a permanet eyelid operation i suppose...does dr kk lim do permanent double eyelid?

how much is the cost and lastly is he skilled in doing that?



Hi,
I did the stitching method which is also permernant. ( more Natural look)

You can consult him as his consultation is Free

thks :P

Eustacia
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005

Re: Dr KK Lim

Postby Eustacia » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:17 am

Lass wrote:Hi I just consulted Dr KK Lim last sat.

He's charging me $1500 for my double eyelid op (the incisional, permanent method which can remove fats). Nose implant would be $1,500 too.

Dr Lim said he's been in this field for more than 30 years. And I've seen his before-and-after pics of past patients (eye area only). I think he does an equally good job, even though he's not operating in a hospital. I think quite a number of ppl also go to him for eyelid jobs, at least based on the photos and what he told me.

I've been mulling over my decision. And i think i might wanna do my surgery with Dr Lim due to cost considerations. Dr F would cost me around $500 more in total (after GST, consultation &/or medicine). But of course, if I'm not the kind where $500 makes any difference to me, i'd go with Dr F.

Hope i won't be making the wrong decision!

Eustacia: The cost for your surgery (both eye & nose)seems cheaper than what he quoted me! Don't know why...

Thanks for posting your pics! Your eyelid is very nice now! Very natural. Happy for you! :)



Lass,

thks, when will you be doing your PS with KK Lim? Eyes/ Nose?

Btw can I know why u choose the incisional method & not stitching method?

:o :o

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Re: Dr KK Lim

Postby iamdanny » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:59 am

Lass wrote:Hi I just consulted Dr KK Lim last sat.

He's charging me $1500 for my double eyelid op (the incisional, permanent method which can remove fats). Nose implant would be $1,500 too.

Dr Lim said he's been in this field for more than 30 years. And I've seen his before-and-after pics of past patients (eye area only). I think he does an equally good job, even though he's not operating in a hospital. I think quite a number of ppl also go to him for eyelid jobs, at least based on the photos and what he told me.

I've been mulling over my decision. And i think i might wanna do my surgery with Dr Lim due to cost considerations. Dr F would cost me around $500 more in total (after GST, consultation &/or medicine). But of course, if I'm not the kind where $500 makes any difference to me, i'd go with Dr F.

Hope i won't be making the wrong decision!

Eustacia: The cost for your surgery (both eye & nose)seems cheaper than what he quoted me! Don't know why...

Thanks for posting your pics! Your eyelid is very nice now! Very natural. Happy for you! :)




is dr kk lim gd at nose surgery? i wan to do my nose but stil haven find an ideal surgeon that i can trust ... is he gd? where is he working at ar?

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Re: to eustacia

Postby iamdanny » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:01 pm

Eustacia wrote:
bitch wrote:hi eustacia..
your is not a permanet eyelid operation i suppose...does dr kk lim do permanent double eyelid?

how much is the cost and lastly is he skilled in doing that?



Hi,
I did the stitching method which is also permernant. ( more Natural look)

You can consult him as his consultation is Free

thks :P



dr kk lim consultation is free?? so gd ar.... care to share wif me his contact as i wan to consult the doc abt nose surgery thanks :)

black_creamer
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed, 09 Nov 2005

Postby black_creamer » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:57 pm

iamdanny, u were asking abt the nose filler (injection rhinoplasty) earlier?

I did mine sometime mid-2005 - honestly, i think its not worth the money.
Don't think many places offer that in Spore - i did mine with Dr Wu, there is no downtime (just a couple of injections - u can do on the spot after consultation) - minor bleeding from a couple of needle pricks, nothing else. You can go back to work straight after the procedure.

But --- don't expect to see much effect; also its not permanent - some protein compound that gets absorbed into the body within a couple of months. Its not cheap for something so temporary, and not at all obvious (went home that day, and my hubby didn't notice anything different) - I paid about $2500 for mine. :?

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun, 12 Feb 2006

Postby leenaaaa » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 1:15 pm

..
Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yanxinyi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 08 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Photos of before & after double eyelid with KK Lim

Postby yanxinyi » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 1:46 pm

Hi Eustacia,

Would you be able to post Dr KK Lim's contact details here? After looking at your fantastic pic, I think I may consider having my double eyelid surgery here in Singapore after all.

Was only considering doing it in Korea previously. Seen before and after pics of procedures done in Taiwan and Singapore and most looked pretty unnatural because the lids were too thick and set too deep.

Thanks !! :)


Eustacia wrote:Image
Before
Image
After


Hi,
Attached is my before & after photos double eyelid with KK Lim @ Jalan Sultan $1300, did last Nov 05.

Heard his Nose job is also $1300. Anyone did with him before?

:D [/img]

Eustacia
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005

KK LIM tel

Postby Eustacia » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 2:03 pm

Yanxinyi,
pls refer to my post pg 131 for his no.

thks


:lol: :wink:

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby iamdanny » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 3:08 pm

black_creamer wrote:iamdanny, u were asking abt the nose filler (injection rhinoplasty) earlier?

I did mine sometime mid-2005 - honestly, i think its not worth the money.
Don't think many places offer that in Spore - i did mine with Dr Wu, there is no downtime (just a couple of injections - u can do on the spot after consultation) - minor bleeding from a couple of needle pricks, nothing else. You can go back to work straight after the procedure.

But --- don't expect to see much effect; also its not permanent - some protein compound that gets absorbed into the body within a couple of months. Its not cheap for something so temporary, and not at all obvious (went home that day, and my hubby didn't notice anything different) - I paid about $2500 for mine. :?




filler is so bad arh?? from the way u describe filler dun seem a gd option.. btw is filler painful? when they inject into ur nose will u feel pain? thn nid to put cast on nose after the injection??

how come ur filler so ex ? mount e one is 650-850 le... then raffles one they use aqua filler wich last for 2yrs n the effect is same as nose surgery

hmm so aft ur filler din make ur nose very sharp did u go for rhinoplasty??i'm stil looking for a gd trust worthy nose surgeon yet to find le haiz..

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed, 10 May 2006

Postby Hannah Lee » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 7:27 pm

Hi there,

someone asked me these questions bout the surgery so thought I'd share.
Dr. Jung has a fixed pricing system so its US$4000 for primary and think its US$5500? for revision. If u use ur own rib cartilage the cost goes up to US$5500 for primary. Since I only wanted to do alar reduction, I asked if he can give a discount so he did it for me for US$2000. He told me if I ever wanted augmentation or anything else done whether its 3mths or 3 yrs later he will only charge me US$2000. So 2 days later when I decided to lenghten and add implant he charged me the diff of $2000. Total cost =US$4000.

I stayed at Excellentvill....the same service apt that Rabbit stayed at. I was there for 8 days. If u have surgery with Dr. Jung I recommend staying there cuz its cheap and very easy to use subway to get to his clinic. Its a direct line, only bout 4 or 5 stops and very convenient. The accomodations are basic but quite comfortable and I like that u have ur own mini kitchen for cooking. For 8 nites I paid US$300.

Black Creamer: I tried to pm u but it didn't work! But after my first op which was alar reduction alone, the shape of my nose did change alot. It was much more narrow and pointy and my nostrils turned up a bit more. I was shocked by how much more narrow it was. But funnily enough after the 2nd op with lenghthing and augmentation, now it looks wider a bit? The shape of my nose definitely did change alot after but it looks very natural. My main issue is not the shape of my nose but that my bridge is high. I must be the only asian person in the world who doesn't like high bridges....I liked my flat nose before. But after alar my nostrils pointed up so much. So no choice but to augment and make them smaller. As for the pain and healing of my alar scars....its not too bad. Now 9 days post op there are faint red lines running along the side of my nose. To me its obvious but when I ask others they don't even notice a thing until I ask them to look very closely. I bought this cream called Mederma that fades scars. After day 14 I think it will be healed enough to start using it. As for pain, sometimes when I forget I had surgery and laugh or make facial expressions I will feel a twinge of pain in the incision area. But its very minor so don't need to worry. Just try not to make too many funny faces when its healing I guess :lol:

Chiquita: Dr. Jung's nurses don't speak much English....I had to do alot of miming and actions to make them understand me. And even then it didn't help much. His email should work, that's how I made all the arrangements and stuff. And if u choose to go to him, he even arranges for ur airport pickup so u don't have to worry bout how to get to his clinic.

Leenaaa: How is ur new look settling in? Somedays I really super regret my surgery but other times I think it looks quite nice. I guess I just need to let my new look sink in. I used to think that plastic surgery is minor, like a walk in the park. After watching so many shows like Dr. 90210, THe Swan, etc that makes it look so easy, I had a warped idea of what its really like. The consequences are very real, and I don't think I'll be messing with my face anymore. Just hope to heal up well and I won't ask for anything else!

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby iamdanny » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 7:52 pm

hmmm thanks for the long info n details... i oso skeptical abt going to korea for surgery cos of the language barrier as well as nt very familiar with korea... hmm i tink u muz be happy with dr jung's op results le... congrats to u n wish u a speedy recovery...

sigh i'm still looking for a surgeon whom i can trust

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun, 12 Feb 2006

Postby leenaaaa » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:10 pm

..
Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron