Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: liposuction

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 07 May 2006 2:56 pm

jovinliu wrote:For your age, i seriously don't suggest you consider any plastic surgeries nor liposuction. I believe the metabolism rate at your age is still high, aim for low fat diet and exercise more, and see how it goes.

liposuction is not a final solution to slimming and contouring. Do your part first, if really nature is not helping you, then you can consider other options.

/Jovin
xiiaoger wrote:i juz started reading and looking out.. i found this forum pretty interesting. im interested in liposuction but got totally no idea about the pricing and stuff.. im 19 this year.. can anyone tell me more about what they meant by being a candidate for liposuction and the pricing.. plus where to do it is better? :D

A very nice response, jovinliu. =D>

'nuff said Image

xiiaoger

=x

Post by xiiaoger » Sun, 07 May 2006 3:23 pm

yeah i agree too.. but somehow my wt keeps getting stuck there.. i cut down alot already.. more then 10kg.. but still the hips area stays big...

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sun, 07 May 2006 3:47 pm

Rabbit wrote:Hi Earthfriendly (a belated hi),

Yes, indeed you are right, inserting foreign object into the body is really risky and another thing (like some swelling) you will scare to death...

Ha, don't know why at that point when I decided to go for surgery, I didn't think that is something scary. Hearing other's sucessful story, seems covered the part that there's fail cases as well too!

Rdgs,
Rabbit
Hi Rabbit :wave: ,

That's what makes this thread so frightening. Some members do not seem to consider the risk of PS. No surgery is risk free. When a patient walks into the surgeon's office, I don't think the surgeon will inform her of all the cases that go awry. No doubt the surgeon has to inform the patient of the risk involved but what about the actual cases gone bad.

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Sun, 07 May 2006 7:43 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Tue, 09 May 2006 12:32 am

Hi Leenaaaa and all,

It's such a surprise...my stiff and swelling on the left nose gradually subsided and small hole in my left nostril started to recover... what did I do lei? I only sleep a lot in the past wkend and take the medicine that M. Huang gave me cos it's just too expensive... must take... hee hee... also bcos it really helps to reduce the swelling and it makes me less painful. At first when I take the medicine, it gets better, don't take the swelling come back. Then when I stay up late, more painful and after I sleep, it gets better... day after day for 3 to 4 day or irritating migraine... suddenly God answer my pray and the swelling go down on it's own, not completely, but day by day getting better...

Dr. Kim asked me to take antibiotics, but I was thinking since it's sometime gd and sometime bad, let's see how it goes first. And yeah, my body is as tough as me!

Just to share, the medicine that helps the swelling is called Danzen. M. Huang also gave me another more expensive pills call Accolate. He said that can soften the tissue, so that I can push my crooked bridge easier. But I read the menu, it's for asthma... Anyway, my GP told me this is help to absorb the water inside, so probably that helped my swelling go down too.

Following Jovin's post, that lady that I mentioned before who did eyes and nose, she also quoted similar phrase fr. Dr. Kim, "sometimes the nose appear to be crooked after removing bandage as it's due to uneven swelling."

Me is on the way fr 3 wk to 4 wk...the middle part is still stiff, but overall, nose tip is softer than before and today was really busy, didn't take M. Huang's expensive medicine, but seems swelling didn't come back... so I guess I'm on the way to recover... finally... let's keep my finger crossed...

Oh... leenaaaa, almost forgot to answer your question. Ha ha ha... my consultation was just 10 min, cos I was not ready and not prepared. Was out for meeting overseas for 1 wk... Anyway, I highlighted to him that the part I hate most is my front, ie the tip which is up turn, bridge is not my main concern, so just a bit augmentation, looks natural will do.

Now after the swelling subside, the tip is actually quite round... but it looks natural. I guess my left nose has more cartilage etc. which still make my nose looks a bit crooked, but overall it's ok.

Sorry for posting the "sometime depress" and "sometime happy" post. Just like what's mentioned by Earthfriendly... no problem of course is gd, but when there's problem, or just suspecting problem, that kind of physically and pyschologically torture is really hard to bear. I was totally no mood in doing anything... be it dress up, do work etc... If my case turns out to be a problem one, say gortex come out etc... what shld I do and what cld I do? Must pay airfare again to fly to Korea and see Dr. Kim or consult another gd PS for rectification. So bad thing could really happen... just need to think thru' before you take the plunge, and pray hard!

Rdgs,
Rabbit

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Tue, 09 May 2006 1:24 am

Anyone knows where to get teeth whitening services in Malaysia? Please advise!

xiaobai_lsh

Post by xiaobai_lsh » Tue, 09 May 2006 3:09 am

Hey rabbit.. good to hear that u are recovering dear..... As what everyone is saying, there is always some risk in having some foreign object being inserted into ur body.. so any parties interested do think twice.. Not everyone will be as lucky... I did I shape implant in Bangkok on feb 1st this year.. it's been three months and everything looks really good for me.. no crooked nose or anything.. I guess there still may be some swelling but more or less has gone down already. But there's a little pain still if i press it hard at the side of my nose.. still recovering i guess... If i dun touch it, it's ok.. no pain at all..

So anyone who's interested, pls be aware that the post surgery recovery rate may vary... Different person reacts differently...(I think i'm quite a slow healer.that's why still abit painful if i press hard)

Last but not least i like my nose now... it looks great.. just hope for the pain to go away faster..kekeke...........

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Tue, 09 May 2006 7:09 am

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Tue, 09 May 2006 7:12 am

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

babyevil85
Regular
Regular

HEllo Guys I am baby

Post by babyevil85 » Wed, 10 May 2006 3:54 am

I am considering of thailand ... cos i maybe going there for plastic surgery ... How u all suggest about thailand??? and pls let me know if there's is any Good plastic surgen around there pls :roll:

black_creamer

Post by black_creamer » Thu, 11 May 2006 5:13 pm

Hi guys, just got back from my rhinoplasty couple of hours ago! :D
Everything went smoothly...was over in a flash. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the pain from a root canal, 5 being my gastric flu last week, this 30min surgery ranks at a 0.5! I guess I was more woozy from the sedative than I realised it, was semi-conscious through the surgery (even know I had 2 stitches in my right nostril)...but zero pain. The worst bit was the insertion of the needle into my vein for the sedative!

I still have a plastic mould on my nose, so I cannot see the final outcome, but I am pleased with what little i can see so far. Jovin/Ah Mei Lover/rabbit/whoever else who has recently gone for their rhinoplasty - when do u start to see visible bruising/swelling?? My face is still perfectly fine..if u remove the mould, other than some bleeding from the nostril where the implant was inserted, no one would be any smarter than I went for surgery! Also, any post-recovery advise is most welcomed!! :lol:

Anyway, for those of u planning to go for their surgery soon, and wanting more details, do PM me. I will get the mould removed day after tomorrow; will have a better look at the outcome. Fingers crossed!! :o

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Thu, 11 May 2006 6:09 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Thu, 11 May 2006 8:46 pm

blackcreamer!! Do you have photos?!? I am having mine done this end may! Did you do yours at Vida Medical Centre? Can you tell me more about your surgery?

black_creamer

Post by black_creamer » Thu, 11 May 2006 9:10 pm

Hey gals, yes, my surgery was by Dr Harry Fok at Vida Medical....hopefully the swelling/bruising wont be that bad, from Day 3 pix of his patients, all didn't seem to have swelling & only slight bruising (like bad eye bags)...then again maybe i only saw selected good pix. :?
Hopefully the Sineech, Bromelain tablets, pineapple juice and ice pack will make a difference!

ahmeilover
Chatter
Chatter

hey

Post by ahmeilover » Thu, 11 May 2006 11:04 pm

hey creamer!! finally done urs ahh... hehee... congrats... hmm.. i always hab a wrong idea u did urs wif dr sukit same as mee.. haha... hmm.... bruising will las abt 2weeks or more like wat i told u on pm...

anyway......... now u cant see anything rite.... slowly... i only saw mine aft 1weeks plus.... but anyway my nose is damn natural lo.... Only abit of height... i wish i can do it higher.. tot of gng for correction aft 6 mths to make it higher... :P

take care gal! rem no exercise n no alchohol... really no joking matter! rest well!