Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
garden0fgraves

Post by garden0fgraves » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 1:13 pm

i was supposed to get my eyelids done on monday but i postponed it to next monday because i had to collect my A level results (i was a top scorer! so now my parents are paying for my surgery as a present! :D )

actually my doc said that there were cysts growing in my eyelids which made my lids look more swollen and that i should remove them, and the cost of the op is almost the same as a double-eyelid op. :x so i told dr fok about my cysts and he said he will remove the cysts at no additional cost! so i'm getting a 2-in-1 deal! :P

and i bought a really HUGE pair of dark glasses which were very very dark, you can't see my eyes through it, and hides about half my face. it's cheap, only $10 at Far East, and one of the biggest dark glasses i've ever seen. 8-)

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 2:52 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jan_sg85

to all yanhee nose wannabes

Post by jan_sg85 » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 9:32 pm

long time nv post here liao..so far my new nose is 2mths old and until nw,the effect is so natural dat absolute no1 can tell dat i did it!haha
as for thailand doctors,wenhwa wine87 etc,there are a total of 13 doctors in yanhee doing nose job if im nt wrong!so far the swell on the tip duno went down by hw many perfect already.
but for 1 advice..sukit does simple implant.so dose ppl with big tip like of nose,i tink taiwan or korea will be better cuz the reduce the tip by open rhinoplasty,implant dun mk the tip smaller,just higher.so tk note..implant is more for the bridge,to mk it higher n straoighter..so tk note too..
as for yanhee,the last time we went,they actually didnt reply us too,but when we go to the hospital itself,the nurse automatically tk our booklet out!we were quite amazed.i tink bcuz many ppl here email them for no reason so they could be getting fed up,but for appt bookin i tink no worries..carmen wil tk note of it..gd luck 2 u nose ps wannabes!gd luck too!

koreangirl

dr. jung vs. bk clinic

Post by koreangirl » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 9:54 pm

leeennna,

can you tell me how much is a nose job and eyelid job is for both dr. jung and bk clinic. i want to know the cost differences.

also, is there anyone here who can explain to me the difference between augmentation and lengthening.

i want to get my nose bridge higher cause it's flat between my eyes. and my tip refined. is that augmentation or lengthening or both?

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 8:32 pm

Hi Leenaaaa,

Originally I was very impressed by all the pix posted in Dr. Jung's web-site. Then later on, I realize he's view of beautiful and my view is kind of different. I don't like most of the bridge, too wide and straight, not curvy, femine enough. I guess that's different taste.

Actually I haven't seen the pre & post photos for BK's case, just looked thru' the videos available in their site, but since both MyNose (a girl) and HateMyNose (a guy) both like the result, and the saying of the Dr. do for celebrities, I decided to go for it... hope I won't regret.

As for the pack shown by HateMyNose, it's a soft one.

Rdgs,
Rabbit

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 8:37 pm

Hi Korengirl,

If I'm not wrong, augmentation means it's to make something bigger / higher. Usually its refer to the bridge augmentation. Lengthening is ... by the word itself, lengthen something la. It's usually needed for pple which have up turn nose (ie obvious nostril from front view), need lengthening of the nose tip. For that part, many doc. prefer to use our own cartilage, either from nose or ear to reduce the chance of having complication as our body recognize our own tissue.

My explaination is not prof la, means to give you some idea only. Pls. check out the web-sites for more details. :)

Rdgs,
Rabbit

Shazza

my experience

Post by Shazza » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 1:08 am

Hello all, just wanna share my experiece in taiwan.I just returned from a rhinoplasty surgery with DR HSU (the doc recommended by jovin). I did it 5 days ago on wednesday. I was quite scared coz i was alone. and i just must thank jovin for her support ! hugs! :) you have been so kind and understanding!

First day, not much brusie or swelling. a bit sore. I went shopping after surgery, erm didnt get weird stares....
second day, my nose swelled up, it looks like an onion . it swelled all the way to the space between the eyebrows.
3rd day the swelling increased, and the ares below my eyes swelled up too. I looked like a puffer blow fish...
4th day , swelling went down ...still obvious but definately smaller
today swelling went down even more ..yay! i can c the results beta ..my nose is straighter and higher...

i dun regret my decision, everyday when i wake up i cant wait to check on my nose, i can wait for the final result ! :)

koreangirl

Post by koreangirl » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 2:22 am

Hi Rabbit,

Thank you for your answer. I think I now know what the difference. I was very confused with all these technical terms.

I was wondering if you could expand on what you said about how your idea of beautiful didn't match up with Dr. Jung's idea of beautiful. Is it because he didn't agree with what kind of plastic surgery you wanted or what type of nose you wanted??

I too have a dillemma about whether to go to BK clinic or Dr. Jung. My main concern is rhinoplasty, but I would like to get my eyes, chin and facial lipo done, hence considering more with BK Clinic since they do full body and full face plastic surgery as opposed to Dr. Jung who specializes in nose and does some eyelid surgery.

If anyone has any recommendations or can comment on their experiences with either doctors it would very much appreciated!

bitch

To Shaza..

Post by bitch » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 4:14 am

Hi Shaza.
how much did u spend in total there including the tickets and accomodation.Where was the place that you mention, was the surgeon good?
which hotel did you stay and the duration of the stay.
Thanks for your info. :)

Shazza

Post by Shazza » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 4:11 pm

bitch wrote:Hi Shaza.
how much did u spend in total there including the tickets and accomodation.Where was the place that you mention, was the surgeon good?
which hotel did you stay and the duration of the stay.
Thanks for your info. :)
Hello again,

i spent a total of 28k taiwan dollars which is abt 1400+ on the surgery it self. i flew by jet star , it was 386 sgd two ways. SQ is abt 900 + so i saved lots by flying budget.

i stayed in westin taipei . i got ard by cab its very easy to flag taxis there.(accomodation is free for me so i din have to worry abt it.)

i hope this information helps.... this is the doctor's website. i think the doctor is nice! quite busy but he is very gentle ...:) i cant speak chinese fluently so i communicated with him in english but he understands what i wanted. i think most importantly you need to be comfrotable with the doctor....

i think he is good... heh heh i like my new nose.... still alittle bruise and swollen but not noticeable... heheh my brother couldnt even tell ...hahahahha

www.hsuplastics.com.tw

garden0fgraves

Post by garden0fgraves » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 8:58 pm

i just had my double eyelid surgery today!! my mum was even happier than me when she saw my new eyes, even though they were swollen and bruised. :o

dr fok gave me sinecch too, by the way. :P

one experience to share: I WOKE UP HALFWAY DURING THE SURGERY!!! i could feel the doctor cutting and sewing. luckily i was still very groggy and i managed to go back to sleep again. :?

the nurses at Vida Medical are very nice, and i definitely recommend it. now i just can't wait to heal! :D

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 9:28 pm

Hey Shazza,

can I meet up with you?! I am interested to see your nose and know more about your operation. Thanks!

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 9:57 pm

Hi Koreangirl,

I have not gone for consultation with either Dr. Jung or BK Clinic. My comment for "different taste" is solely based on the post op pictures in Dr. Jung's site. In some pages before in this forum, I decribed it too, ie I don't like the board straight line from the eye brows straight down all the way, I like more curvy look, so that it's more feminine. That's all.

I've read many post in Dr. Jung's Q&A, his past patient, even some intern said he is a very very nice doctor, very patient in listening to what you want, so he is definitely a qualify good doctor, but I guess the end result is impt, if we have different taste, chance is I don't like the result. So I decided to go BK, that's all, simple as that. Hope this explains.

Rdgs,
Rabbit

Irenea

My Apology

Post by Irenea » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:47 pm

I, Airene Chen Shi Yun, would like to apologize to Dr Martin Huang of Pacific Healthcare Holdings Ltd for those defamatory statements which I had posted on Singapore Expat Forum website.

I hereby admit my foolish and irresponsible act and sincerely apologize to Dr Martin Huang for those baseless and untrue statements.

I assure that I would not do this again in future.

I wish to highlight to other users who have been discussing my postings online that you are required to delete my postings that are attached to your postings as this may be taken as publication on your part of defamatory statements that were made by me.

Airene Chen Shi Yun

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:27 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 8:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.