Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: thinning of nose wings.

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 05 Feb 2008 10:21 am

sarahlee wrote:
tanjhj wrote:
sarahlee wrote:have anyone had the sides of their nose thinned?
i went to consult 2 doc and they told me alarplasty is not possible because my nostrils are too small, however i would like to reduce the fleshiness of the sides of my nose

does anyone has a photo that i can see how it looks like or something? thanks in advance
You can opt for alar via the inside where they do incision on the inside rather than on the nostril. however result is not guaranteed. would not suggest local or jb doc as i dun see any good result of nose done here or at JB.

thanks for the info. i actually consulted dr wong, and he told me he can trim the thickness of my nose wings. but i dun see how is that going to help with the fleshiness??? :o

hi,

much as i would like to help, but i dun think i am the right person to tell u as i am not qualified enough. i would suggest u send email to the docs oversea if the local doc cant help u. dun bother with the jb one, i have got few bad reviews abt their alar jobs..
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Perception & Attitude

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 05 Feb 2008 10:24 am

kwelll wrote:Hi All,

Having recently read the back-logged of posts (few weeks), I noticed the same old topics keep repeating itself.

Personally, having had a few rhinoplasties all done by different surgeons, I`ve realised even more that the value of realistic expection and achieveable expectation. You can be realistic yet unachievable in the nose you WANT. Likewise, you can be realistic and know the nose you WANT is achievable with the most skillful of hands, with experience and flair for art, beauty and balance. I say if s/he can talk the talk, the same goes for walking the walking, within limits, especially prior to surgery during consultation/s.

I`ve been fortunate that what other surgeons cannot (claimed ignorance or unachievable) do, I found it in another surgeon with patience, skill & professionalism. This only consolidated my observations even more to a greater height with precision.

I also know of actual people who have had surgery with the surgeon of choice after much deliberation (some took years) and thought it was the result they wanted, only to find themselves on the operating table (same or otherwise) again. So, my point is plain & simple- one cannot be so sure and pls let time be the reputation of the work done both for the surgeon and the patient. Age is only a number, it is the mentality and attitude (reflection of the mind) that would partly determine your satisfaction on the road to cosmetic surgery.

I say if you want it badly enough and KNOW it, it is quite achieveable within the limitations of every surgery out there. You just have to find an honest and passionate surgeon, hopefully who shares the same ideals with you and turn on the heat. One cannot do it all and win everytime- it takes time and reflection to make good. You must have the stomach to 'fight' for what you want without compromising honesty and integrity.

Finally, whatever floats your boat, row on with a clear vision. All the best!

Just my honest sincere opinion. Switch my soap box off, for now:)

Kwell
Well said.

Summarise abit for u. hope i am not wrong.

Know What YOu Really Want 1st and Know What You Want Really Suit You.

:wink: lol
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

ladyinred

Post by ladyinred » Wed, 06 Feb 2008 3:07 am

Hi all
I am going for Dr Jung in Korea for a revison nose. I heard good comments about him in here.
To those who already used him. What's your result? How do you like it? I am from Us, I have never been there before. Is there a problem with language? I dont speak chinese, I can only speaks English. Do I need a visa to get in Korea? Looking forward to hear your tips and experiences. Thank you

gf
Regular
Regular

Post by gf » Wed, 06 Feb 2008 8:28 am

ladyinred wrote:Hi all
I am going for Dr Jung in Korea for a revison nose. I heard good comments about him in here.
To those who already used him. What's your result? How do you like it? I am from Us, I have never been there before. Is there a problem with language? I dont speak chinese, I can only speaks English. Do I need a visa to get in Korea? Looking forward to hear your tips and experiences. Thank you
well i don't know about dr jung, but i do know you'll have a problem with language in korea. Most of them speak limited english and u will have problems comprehending what they're saying

ladyinred

Post by ladyinred » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 8:54 am

I tried to PM some forumer that already use Dr Jung but I dont have enough post. Can you please share your experiences? My email is [email protected]. Thank you

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 7:27 am

DMN wrote: I think Dr. Jung did a very good job for my lower blepharplasty. My lower eye bags are gone. It has been 7 months and they hv not come back. If you are going to him for rhinoplasty revision then it is a good choice. Otherwise, it may be too costly considering you need to fly over to Korea and pay abt USD2K. There should be other docs in Spore or Taipei who can do the same job or wherever you are based.

Actually, lower bleparplasty is not a complicated procedure. I rgret not doing it early cos i did fillers before and they cld never yield same result. The fillers just filled the unevenness and last between 6-12 mths. In long run, I spent more money on fillers due to reluctance to solve the problem surgically. Also, each injection's result is not consistent. Lower blepharplasty allows a small amount of my fats to be removed and re-distributed evenly permanently until wear-and-tear a.aka aging introduced the bags again.

Mine was done from under the lid so there is no external stitching. Bruised for a few days and that was my only discomfort.

I wld surely recommend ppl with eye bags problem to sort surgical blepharplasty VS fillers (as soon as you think your eyebags are too obvious to be concealed using cosmetics.) Having eyebags for too long does cause our skin to loosen and if it is drag too long then a bigger eye bag will tend to require external stitching to remove sagged skin and increase the chance of deep wrinkles to stay.

Some of my early 30s friend who partied too much had to do external stitching and the skin's appearance after is quite diff from mine despite me being some years older. We notice their deeper wrinkles stayed after op. While, I did not hv deep wrinkles to start with, whatever apparent wrinkles I had was gone with the op leaving very fine wrinkles - acceptable for my age.

hope this is clear and helps.
Thanks DMN for sharing the invaluable information! I appreciate it loads loads! It really helped me in making a decision. I know it'll be a little costly to fly over to Korea just for this surgery. But I do not trust any of the surgeons in Sg(I live in Sg) to perform the job after hearing many blotched jobs horror stories.

I've had fillers under my eyes as well, the last was Restylane about half a year ago and it left me with uneven bags. I can totally feel the "substance" protruding out and it made my bags even worse than before. I can tell you, I was devastated. The amount I spent could even pay for the trip to Korea for lower blep and back. Not to mention, the surgeon was supposed to be a top-notch surgeon in Sg. Sometimes, what you see might not be what you get and I've learnt it the hard way.

I've emailed Dr Jung with some questions and also told him that I've had fillers done, he replied saying that surgery with fillers under the eyes is not difficult, but completely remove is hard. I don't know what he means by that. :( DMN, may I know did the fillers that was once in your under eye caused you any additional bags?? Can lower blep remove fillers as well as fats to create a smooth contour? Or will it only remove bags and the uneven fillers will still remain? I'm really afraid of that situation! I can't imagine it either. Please help... I could totally relate to your experiences and you'll do me a great favour if you could share with me.. Thank you so much DMN... :)

red_bean_cake

Post by red_bean_cake » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 11:46 am

kalyn wrote:
Thanks DMN for sharing the invaluable information! I appreciate it loads loads! It really helped me in making a decision. I know it'll be a little costly to fly over to Korea just for this surgery. But I do not trust any of the surgeons in Sg(I live in Sg) to perform the job after hearing many blotched jobs horror stories.

I've had fillers under my eyes as well, the last was Restylane about half a year ago and it left me with uneven bags. I can totally feel the "substance" protruding out and it made my bags even worse than before. I can tell you, I was devastated. The amount I spent could even pay for the trip to Korea for lower blep and back. Not to mention, the surgeon was supposed to be a top-notch surgeon in Sg. Sometimes, what you see might not be what you get and I've learnt it the hard way.

I've emailed Dr Jung with some questions and also told him that I've had fillers done, he replied saying that surgery with fillers under the eyes is not difficult, but completely remove is hard. I don't know what he means by that. :( DMN, may I know did the fillers that was once in your under eye caused you any additional bags?? Can lower blep remove fillers as well as fats to create a smooth contour? Or will it only remove bags and the uneven fillers will still remain? I'm really afraid of that situation! I can't imagine it either. Please help... I could totally relate to your experiences and you'll do me a great favour if you could share with me.. Thank you so much DMN... :)
Hi, are you considering heading to Korea for blepharoplasty with Dr Jung, of nose.co.kr?
I am considering going to Korea too for upper and lower blep hopefully in April, leaning towards BK clinic Dr Kim now, but if you could share your experience with me if you went for it by then, that would be great. Thanks!

Was looking thru the past threads here and indeed there seems to be an abnormally large stories of botched operations by doctors here...and I don have the cash to pay for a revision definitely...so better to ensure the first is the best. :D

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 8:59 pm

red_bean_cake wrote:
kalyn wrote:

Hi, are you considering heading to Korea for blepharoplasty with Dr Jung, of nose.co.kr?
I am considering going to Korea too for upper and lower blep hopefully in April, leaning towards BK clinic Dr Kim now, but if you could share your experience with me if you went for it by then, that would be great. Thanks!

Was looking thru the past threads here and indeed there seems to be an abnormally large stories of botched operations by doctors here...and I don have the cash to pay for a revision definitely...so better to ensure the first is the best. :D
hmmm, try as we may, the docs are human too, and i'm sure like the rest of us, they do have their good and bad days too, so sometimes it could be a matter of luck too...

but of course, the better surgeons tend to have fewer bad days than others, but the probability will still be there...
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 5:54 pm

kalyn wrote:Thanks DMN for sharing the invaluable information! I appreciate it loads loads! It really helped me in making a decision. I know it'll be a little costly to fly over to Korea just for this surgery. But I do not trust any of the surgeons in Sg(I live in Sg) to perform the job after hearing many blotched jobs horror stories.

Kalyn: I had the same experience. Went to one of the blue-eyed boys of PS in Singapore. Paid top dollar and he knew I was afraid of surgery and therefore recommended fillers. (In order not to miss my biz?) It gave me the additional eye bag too. But again I am not trying to blame any docs. Perhaps I shld hv educated myself more and take time to consider instead of agreeing on the spot for a 'solution' which I thot was fast and easy.

VERY IMPORTANT: you must wait for the fillers effect to go before going for surgery. Some docs may think they are capable of removing all fillers but dun think it is safe to take this risk on a delicate area. I waited 1 year :mad: to get it corrected surgically.

I had 2 types of fillers done before. Restylane and something else - I forgot. Sori.

I wld not go to Dr. Kim of BK. There are a number of bad reviews esp. on his after care.

On total removal of eye bags - I think it has to do with the seriousness of each case. Cos he told me the same thing but the results is much better than he wld commit to. On gd days I hv zero eye bags and on bad days I can see shadows of bags. I am sure some years they will come back cos mine seems be a family thingy. (The pic on below link to Dr. Hsu's site, you can see I had bad days on both days when I took the photos. :P )

good luck!
Last edited by DMN on Mon, 11 Feb 2008 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 5:58 pm

aadvark wrote: hmmm, try as we may, the docs are human too, and i'm sure like the rest of us, they do have their good and bad days too, so sometimes it could be a matter of luck too...

but of course, the better surgeons tend to have fewer bad days than others, but the probability will still be there...
Hi aadvark,

I agree - docs are human and they do make bad judgements. However, lower bleph is much less complicated then rhinoplasty. The delicate part has to do with fats distribution. I wld assume it is a simpler procedure.

One may assume a PS surgeon needs to have delicate hands and also ability to make fine stitches to avoid scars. UNFORTUNATELY, this is grossly lacking in a number of them if we go by the standard of forummers' reviews.

cheers,

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 5:59 pm

http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/news/hsuyc ... 211121742/

Here is the link for my (revision) rhinoplasty procedure with Dr. Hsu. I never had a nice tip to start with and am thankful for his work.

cheers! :)

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 9:36 pm

:-|
Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:55 pm

Dear Dmn,

Why was your nose crooked after the goretex? and wat did Dr Hsu do to fix the over-hanging alar?

ladyinred

Post by ladyinred » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:37 am

DMN,
Who did your last surgery? Your new nose looks really good. very nature look. Congrats. Did you change Grotex to Silicone?
Life is a circle

red_bean_cake

Post by red_bean_cake » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:38 am

DMN wrote: Kalyn: I had the same experience. Went to one of the blue-eyed boys of PS in Singapore. Paid top dollar and he knew I was afraid of surgery and therefore recommended fillers. (In order not to miss my biz?) It gave me the additional eye bag too. But again I am not trying to blame any docs. Perhaps I shld hv educated myself more and take time to consider instead of agreeing on the spot for a 'solution' which I thot was fast and easy.

VERY IMPORTANT: you must wait for the fillers effect to go before going for surgery. Some docs may think they are capable of removing all fillers but dun think it is safe to take this risk on a delicate area. I waited 1 year :mad: to get it corrected surgically.

I had 2 types of fillers done before. Restylane and something else - I forgot. Sori.

I wld not go to Dr. Kim of BK. There are a number of bad reviews esp. on his after care.

On total removal of eye bags - I think it has to do with the seriousness of each case. Cos he told me the same thing but the results is much better than he wld commit to. On gd days I hv zero eye bags and on bad days I can see shadows of bags. I am sure some years they will come back cos mine seems be a family thingy. (The pic on below link to Dr. Hsu's site, you can see I had bad days on both days when I took the photos. :P )

good luck!
Hi DMN,
thanks for sharing your pics of the Rhinoplasty. It looks really great, very natural looking! :)
Just wondering, would you consider Dr Jung or Dr Hsu to be better at eyebag removal and also Rhinoplasty?

Thanks for your advice on Dr Kim. I am researching other doctors, but as Dr Jung has only pictures of nose ops on his site, I'm not sure whether it's safe to go to him for eyebag removal...
Do you also tell the doctor which procedure you want, or does the doctor recommend the procedure after you fly there and do a face to face consultation?

Also, on both your trips to Korea and Taiwan, was it easy to find the clinics. book hotels, communicate with the doctors?
I cannot speak Korean nor Mandarin, so I'm afraid I might screw up since I'm probably heading there by myself, and I don't trust the doctors here...

Thanks so much if you could help me with my questions! Cheers! :D