Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
nymphie

Re: nose & chin

Post by nymphie » Fri, 31 Dec 2004 1:08 am

Anonymous wrote:
nymphie wrote:
shalu wrote: Hi am planning on getting my nose done and wanted to know who did yours and are you happy with it? am thinking of getting mine done with dr matin huang
Hi, I had prior primary rhinoplasty performed by Dr Woffles Wu. I was unaware of the stature he enjoyed until post-surgery, where a deluge of plastic surgery articles in the mass media featured comments by him. I was teetering on the edge of adulthood then (being 18), was lacking in emotional maturity, and suffered from a severe lack of self-esteem. I reckon because of my young age, and although he was not condescending, I felt intimidated by the consultation. I had educated myself extensively on rhinoplasty (nose jobs) from authoritative online sources and books before the consultation and was surprised to note that the pre-operative interview was lacking in detail. It was a very brief interview, and my options were only hastily discussed. Although I felt the severity ofthe procedure necessiated more thorough discussion, because of my age and how i felt dwarfed in his presence, I did not voice my objections. The surgery itself went without glitches, but Dr Woffles Wu deferred on the agreed plan by suggesting that it might be more aesthetically pleasing if I also had a silicone L-shaped implant in addition to having some cartilage removed to give the nose height. As I was under local anesthetic, I did agree to the suggestion while being in full-posession of my faculties. Post-operation, I suffered extremely bad brusing (it differs from one individual to another), but was offered little emotional support from either the staff or the doctor. I did not remember getting any reassurance. Aesthetically, my nose has gained considerable height but has retained its broadness, but I am in no way insinuating this to be at the fault of the surgeon. I understand that asians scar badly, and much of the residual cartilage could have been scar tissue. This is my personal experience, and having not talked to/consulted other surgeons, I am unable to arrive at an opinion on how he compares to other surgeons.
Nymphie: Could I mail you? Give me your e-mail add please. Thanks.
Sure. [email protected]'s the address. Glad to be of help.

ntu

Re: Calf Reduction in Korea

Post by ntu » Tue, 04 Jan 2005 5:31 am

Guest wrote:Hi I am planning to have calf reduction surgery done in South Korea. I am travelling from the UK so dont know much about South Korea! Has anyone had this procedure or know of anyone who has. Any advice would be usefull!!

yen

cosmetic surgery

Post by yen » Tue, 04 Jan 2005 3:06 pm

You may want to consider cosmetic surgery in the Philippines.
www.cosmeticsurgeryphil.com

mole victim

mole removal

Post by mole victim » Mon, 10 Jan 2005 2:43 pm

hi everyone,
i have an appointment with a doctor at the National Skin Center for removing a face mole by skin surgery. and believe me all this talk about diappointing cosmetic surgery results in singapore has really got me worried about whether i should go ahead with my surgery or not. is it really a reason for concern for me, although i am not quiet sure the doctor is the same. is the doctor you are have been referring to in your conversation anyone at The National Skin Center or some private doctor. also does anyone have any comments on the results of cosmetic surgery done at The National Skin Center. would appreciate any information on the results of skin surgery and cosmetic stitches,the extent of scarring and how painful is the whole procedure.

liiiiiiiiiiiiiipo

bumrangrad hospital bangkok

Post by liiiiiiiiiiiiiipo » Wed, 12 Jan 2005 3:12 pm

Has anyone had liposuction performed at Bumrangrad Hospital in Bangkok? I want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly (although hopefully you only have stories of the good).

doh

pls help cure tis dilemma

Post by doh » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:18 pm

are thr really no good plastic surgerons in sg? particularly one who's good at nose jobs? pls anyone undergo nosejobs b4? email me and tell me wad u think? [email protected]

doh

Post by doh » Tue, 18 Jan 2005 3:29 pm

hey its me again..im gonna get my nose done with dr fong from thomson medical centre..pls if any1 wud suggest me not to..email me at [email protected]

guesttoday

puffy eyes

Post by guesttoday » Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:02 pm

Blepharoplasty in Jakarta
http://www.lipoworld.com/tcb.htm

Just found this on the net, maybe you should check it out

claire morrison

cosmetic surgery live

Post by claire morrison » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 2:09 am

Hello,

I am an Assistant Producer on Cosmetic Surgery Live 2 an Endemoluk production for Channel 5.

Cosmetic Surgery Live 2 is a series that will be transmitted on Channel 5 from 11th April-24th April 2005 at 11pm.

The show proved a huge hit in the first series as it covers the most cutting edge cosmetic surgery available here and in America.

Channel 5 immediately recommissioned the series and it was bought by the Discovery channel.The audience for the show peaked at over 1 million.

The hour long show is made up of operations, interviews with surgeons, patient stories and is generally packed with everything you need to know about Cosmetic Surgery.

I am keen to talk to as many people as possible about their cosmetic surgery experiences and their feelings about cosmetic surgery.

If you are interested or know anyone who might be interested and would like to chat more about this please call me on 0208 222 4589 or email [email protected]

Many thanks

Claire

Claire Morrison
Assistant Producer
Cosmetic Surgery Live 2
Endemol UK Productions
Tel:0208 222 4589

Jannie

too much information

Post by Jannie » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 2:04 pm

Wow, I am so impressed with all these posts on surgery, and there seem to be so many people that know everything about it, I wonder what their profesional background is and how they justify giving advise to other people..It worries me a bit!
I went to penang for christmas with beautiful holidays to have my tummy tuck and nose "done". I am a 37 year old German woman with 2 children and am living in Singapore. I can only sing my praise about my experience; the surgery, the hotel, the cost and the service! I paid 10.500 S$ for the whole package with 10 nights stay, which includes everything you can think of.
You read so much about where you can go for surgery and I wonder what is true and whats not. I made a list of criteria that were most important for me and worked through them by comparing several organisations and hospitals in Asia. I'll share it with you, it might help you to make the right decision. Bye the way, I made this list only after I already decided that I was going to have the surgery.

1) the surgeon
What I found is that as I am caucasian I needed a surgeon who has very extensive experience in doing nosejobs and tummy tucks on caucasians as you can imagine this is much different as Asian or African noses/belly. So I wanted a surgeon who had worked in Europe/USA.

2) the location
I did not want anybody to know that I was having surgery, so it would have to be away from Singapore. I did not want to travel to far so it would still need to be in Asia

3) reference
Not just via the internet, anybody can write there. I asked around in my group of close friends if they knew anybody who had surgery in Asia. My friends sister from the UK had been to penang and so I got chatting to her. The organization also send me some numbers of woman my age who undregone similar treatments. I had to ask for this as they regarded privacy highly but anyway I spoke to them and got the details from them.

4) price
I went to see 2 surgeons in Singapore and asked for a few prices in Bangkok, Pattaya, Kuala Lumpur and Phillipines. The general price (only for the surgeries not the holiday, medication, consults, garmenst etc) was between 9000 and 18000 S$. You cannot always tell by price but as i didnt have any spare cash it was important for me that it fell within my budget

5) research
I bombed all the hospitals and companies with questions aboyut anything involving my whole procedure. Sometimes the answers were different and it confused me a lot. Then I would ask for clarification and it would be an answer like "oh no, its her again...". I found that the 2 companies I finally shortlisted sounded like they knew what they were talking about and they were friendly.

My final decision was made based on all the above and I feel it helped me a lot. Goodluck in making your decision

elena

it's elena

Post by elena » Wed, 02 Feb 2005 1:19 pm

I started this post last year when researching my options for my tummy tuck and lipo. It's amazing how many replies and posts since then. To all of you who have been emailing with your experiences and advice many txx!
November last year I finally went for my surgery and can only say how happy happy happy I'm with the results and that I finally did go ahead with it. At the moment I'm 9 weeks post op and I stopped wearing my pressure thingie. My stretch marks are almost gone (have some left under my belly button but this cannot be removed so you dont hear me complaining) and I have a flat stomach and a great shape. Only now I have come to appreciate the change and can only say that I wish I'd done it earlier.
Thanks again to all of you!

Journalist

Plastic surgery abroad

Post by Journalist » Wed, 16 Feb 2005 9:37 pm

Hi,

I'm a UK journalist looking to speak to British women who have had plastic surgery abroad.

I'm writing an article for a UK based women's glossy magazine on the pros and cons of having surgery abroad, and I'd really like to hear from women with both good and bad experiences of surgery in Singapore and other countries.

You are free to remain anonymous. If you want to find out more, or you have an experience to share, I'd love to hear from you.

Charlotte Northedge
B Magazine
[email protected]

Hi Elena

Post by Hi Elena » Fri, 18 Feb 2005 6:36 pm

Elena, so may I know where did you get your surgery done finally? Which place is that

momo

Re: i think you should try the korean dude

Post by momo » Mon, 21 Feb 2005 2:52 am

stalkingfeline wrote:i think if you really have the money, go to the korean guy.

i haven't been to the guy before, but i have done my research and he seems to be the best for asian rhinoplasty.

go surf the website. amazing.
This korean guy your talking about, whats his name? And is he also famous for doing double eyelid surgery? Can he speak englishj well??

ladybird

Re: cosmetic procedures in jakarta

Post by ladybird » Mon, 21 Feb 2005 3:48 pm

indo wrote:Just a response to the person who suggested Jakarta, the Puan clinic. I live in Jakarta, have been here for over 5 years. Based on medical experience on behalf of myself and my family, I wouldn't have a splinter taken out of my finger here, much less let someone inject Botox or put chemicals on my face. There is no regulation here, especially in the field of light cosmetic procedures. Anyone can be a doctor. Don't waste a plane ticket. There are plastic surgery horror stories here. Maybe microdermrasion would be the ONLY procedure I would consider. But that's just my opinion based on other medical procedures and illnesses.
There are good and bad surgeons in every country. I've had a nose job in Singapore by Dr. Huang, a revision from a bad one in the U.S. and I was happy with the outcome. Sites such as this where people have a chance to share their experiences, both good and bad regarding doctors is a good source of information when looking for a good surgeon
Is Dr. Huang really good at nose job? any side effect of the implants? Did he use the silicon implants? i heard a lot of bad effect of silicone.

Has anyone else experienced nose job with Dr. Huang? i would like to consider nose job but heard a lot of it did not turn well.