Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
suemei
Regular
Regular

Post by suemei » Mon, 21 May 2007 9:57 pm

OMG 900 USD?? SO cheap !!!

How come korea is so expensive?? 2k or 2k plus :(

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:06 pm

Sinnech is a herb not medicine thus doc dun gif them to patient for fear of allergy. howver i like to recommend ppl to buy them for PS and also do take a little bit to see if allergic before taking full dosage..
Last edited by tanjhj on Mon, 21 May 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:07 pm

kalyn wrote:Thanks Shiyun for the advise.. Think i'll discuss with Dr.Chuang.. Still very confused.. sigh.

Anyone else have done cheeks lipo?? :(
cheek lipo has some problem at later stages which is the reason why dr chuang may not recommend them. i personally prefer cheek shaving over cheek lipo..
of coz it varies with diff ppl.
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:13 pm

suemei wrote:OMG 900 USD?? SO cheap !!!

How come korea is so expensive?? 2k or 2k plus :(
That is precisely why i recommend Taiwan for those on budget and Korea for Best Result concious ppl. i done some research and comparison before recommendation. to me, SPore is really out of my radar, not really worth considering as the price is ex n the skill soso except for those who cant travel maybe i would suggest spore..
Last edited by tanjhj on Tue, 22 May 2007 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:15 pm

suemei...

Korea is just more expensive...It's known for PS...
my nose was also a lot cheaper than Korea's prices... and honestly, I think that both my doctors' skills were great. A girl who went with me did alar... her alar got a lot smaller afterwards... and very natural too.

the tip of my nose is still swelling, but I really like the bridge and the curve of it and I can tell as it deswells that it's going to be really pretty.

Dr. Chuang knows Korean style open rhino, and he even does double eyelid using the new Korean three stitch method.

DMN
Regular
Regular

lao liao....

Post by DMN » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:29 pm

Hi everyone!

Been reading this thread since last year cos I have been contemplating on fixing my short nose and found this thread by on google. Must say this is a GREAT thread cos there is a lot of info if one wld bother to read thoroughly from page 1 to 407 and counting.... :) Many thanks to those who contributed and those who selflessly and bravely shared your experience.

Finally, I make my decision to do PS and am hoping to get it done early Jul.

I am in my mid 30s thus am thinking of doing a few other things with my nose op. I need to lift my brow, remove my eye-bag and fill up my temple with fats. I am also willing to enlongate my chin if the doc would think after nose op, my face will be out of proportion.

Am thinking of going to Dr. Chuang in Taipei since he is probably the only one who can do all. Dr. Jung in Seoul wld be my 1st choice if I only need to do my nose.

Does anyone here have similar procedures done? Would it be feasible for me to do all in one op? Or, should I do my nose first and get the rest done seperately else where? Seems from Dr. Jung's website, he does chin jobs too.

BTW, Shiyun: a gentle word of caution. I was contemplating on shaving my cheeks too as they a on high side (bad in terms of Chinese Mian Xiang) and a little protruding. However, after reading a post in a Taiwan forum abt a lady who did it 2 years back and is suffering from sagging skin due to insufficient bone strucutre to support her excess skin - I am putting off my plans and will opt to fill my temple to smoothen the contour instead.
There r also some of them who reported numbness in their cheeks, mouth and jaw areas despite passing 6mths from op. (6 mths is the full recovery expected for bone shaving). The ops reported were both done in Taipei and Seoul.

cheers,
dmn

enslavedtobeauty

#Jovin-Read this please

Post by enslavedtobeauty » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:35 pm

Hey Jovin,

This is yet another request for you to send me a pic or two of your post-op nose and eyes. You can reach me at [email protected]. I guess your photos are in great demand! Heheh. It would be best if u cld include pre-op photos in the interests of objective comparison. * Thank a lot ! *[/url]

candiesboy
Regular
Regular

Post by candiesboy » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:46 pm

tanjhj wrote:Sinnech is a herb not medicine thus doc dun gif them to patient for fear of allergy. howver i like to recommend ppl to buy them for PS and also do take a little bit to see if allergic before taking full dosage..
may i know whee can we get ? Thanks

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:50 pm

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Tue, 22 May 2007 12:02 am

Yes, u are right my dear, theres not L shape implant for pure goretex. But the L shape implant which dr chuang is using, its made of up 3 different sector of material. :) Cant rem the exact place for the 3 diff material, but one of the portion is made of korean man made ear cartildge. Kalo is using the same kind of implant for this L shape implant which made up of 3 diff portion of material, cant rem the goretex is in e middle part?? MAybe u guys want to check out dr chuang's website, its stated in there with e description clearly of the material this L shape implant is made up of. I used to have doubts too about this kind of implant too but after our expert Yen educate me about this material. i realise then i know. keke

tanjhj wrote:
appletree wrote:Hi ocean11,

So u be doing goretex L implant too??
:P
ocean11 wrote:Yoonyiah,
i am interested too.. so can u provide the info here, so for those that interested oso get benefit out of it, or u want me to PM u?? but i don know if u can receive PM, cos u still a newbie here.

thanks in advance

i m not very sure if doc jung and other doc actually uses goretex L implant. i have ask a few doc liao, all never hear Goretex L implant before.

as for me, i dun prefer L implant as it restrict your nose shape and also increase the chances of extrusion over time as compared to I implant.
That is the reason why dr sukit of yanhee dun use L implant for nose surgery. Of coz there are people who can look just fine with L implant so it really depends on individual.

i prefer open incison over the closed incision as it will reduce the chances of implant misplacement and errors, also it allows the doc to redefined the shape of the nose better. with open incison u can do more "magic" with the nose. of coz some ppl would suit closed incision just fine. it really depends on individual and also if they scar or form keloids easily..

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 22 May 2007 6:18 am

appletree wrote:Yes, u are right my dear, theres not L shape implant for pure goretex. But the L shape implant which dr chuang is using, its made of up 3 different sector of material. :) Cant rem the exact place for the 3 diff material, but one of the portion is made of korean man made ear cartildge. Kalo is using the same kind of implant for this L shape implant which made up of 3 diff portion of material, cant rem the goretex is in e middle part?? MAybe u guys want to check out dr chuang's website, its stated in there with e description clearly of the material this L shape implant is made up of. I used to have doubts too about this kind of implant too but after our expert Yen educate me about this material. i realise then i know. keke

tanjhj wrote:
appletree wrote:Hi ocean11,

So u be doing goretex L implant too??
:P
i m not very sure if doc jung and other doc actually uses goretex L implant. i have ask a few doc liao, all never hear Goretex L implant before.

as for me, i dun prefer L implant as it restrict your nose shape and also increase the chances of extrusion over time as compared to I implant.
That is the reason why dr sukit of yanhee dun use L implant for nose surgery. Of coz there are people who can look just fine with L implant so it really depends on individual.

i prefer open incison over the closed incision as it will reduce the chances of implant misplacement and errors, also it allows the doc to redefined the shape of the nose better. with open incison u can do more "magic" with the nose. of coz some ppl would suit closed incision just fine. it really depends on individual and also if they scar or form keloids easily..
my memory is not so good. so maybe i will be wrong..

hmm i think maybe u mistaken bah or i lost track liao.. since last time(long ago) i ask him, he dun have the material u mention leh.. however he is able to use 3 diff material for korean open incision nose job, the materials are seperated, not joined together.. for the his open rhino, he can do your nose bridge with goretex I or sheet implant. middle portion with silicone pc or goretex pc n nose tip with ear/nose cartilage as seen on the web site.http://www.wishclinic.com.tw/service_a3-2.htm

is this webpage u mentioned abv? this method allows him to carve ur nose accordingly, without restriction of a fixed implant shape n also this is what real korean nose job all abt. versatility on the surgery to yield better n natural looking asian nose. for a L implant, the nose shape is more restricted to the implant shape thou there is various implant to choose from.

kalo's "goretex" L implant, is 3 diff density "goretex" molded in 1 single pc.. hard at top/bridge, medium hard in middle n softer on the nose tip portion of the L "goretex" implant.. but i do noe there is 2 density silicone L implant available in the market.. hard silcone at birdge/top n softer silicone at the nose tip area molded into 1 single L implant.

dun mistaken.. i put "goretex" not becoz i dun like kalo but i m not convince/sure if it is really real goretex as it feel n look more like silicone to me.. but to me it is not important lah, as look it works n it is reasonable price. :-| yeah?
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: lao liao....

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 22 May 2007 6:54 am

DMN wrote:
BTW, Shiyun: a gentle word of caution. I was contemplating on shaving my cheeks too as they a on high side (bad in terms of Chinese Mian Xiang) and a little protruding. However, after reading a post in a Taiwan forum abt a lady who did it 2 years back and is suffering from sagging skin due to insufficient bone strucutre to support her excess skin - I am putting off my plans and will opt to fill my temple to smoothen the contour instead.
There r also some of them who reported numbness in their cheeks, mouth and jaw areas despite passing 6mths from op. (6 mths is the full recovery expected for bone shaving). The ops reported were both done in Taipei and Seoul.

cheers,
dmn
http://www.miniface.com/contentbypermal ... bcd785540f

abv is the link for those wif protruding cheek bone thinking of going for bone shaving n etc. surgery.. this is the new method which dun really need much shaving thus less complications as mentioned as abv...

another way is to do multiple doses botox.. thou result maybe limited.

hope it helps
Golden Rules of PS:

keropijennifer

Re: Which Doctor???

Post by keropijennifer » Tue, 22 May 2007 7:36 am

Jang wrote:Hi fushiacotton,

Me and my ps buddies have already fix an appointment to see Dr Kim in Nov,
and one of the gal will be doing her nose if you are interested to join us let me know. E-mail address : [email protected] I'll be most happy to provide you more information.

FYI : Dr Kim is my BF best friend, we are gathering more PS buddy to join us and we might get better price with best surgeon performing on our face.
Hey Jang!
Im hoping to go to Seoul this nov too! I was originally interested in getting botox for my lower cheeks/jaw area, cause my face is slightly squarish and botox for my huge calves (they are soo out of proportion to my body!) but Dr kim charges alot for them! $2250 US for both bt I cd only afford $1500 MAX.....do u think he can give me a discount since u know him? If so....me and a friend cd join u guys! We;re fm the UK...and btw...wen exactly is ur appointment?

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:03 am

hi DMN :)

juz to offer some things i read about before,
doctors believe bone structure is first important
it is the support that drapes the skin
second is the thickness of the skin for suitability.

i felt it is good if i wanna change my facial structure i shld seek a few reliable doctors specialize in this area for suggestions first.
then patient profile,the cost and procedures considerations etc...

doctors felt that patients always evaluate their own conditions too much
or patient didnt go thru the recommended processes
or doctor didnt warn of the subsquence change etc
..tats why many patient regret things later lor

i hope i dont sound 'pushy' :lol:

hi tanjhj

thanks for the link
its very informative

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:21 am

hi DMN :)

sorri forgot to add about the fat injection
i also read tat coz of no bone structure the fat after sumtime will droop lor
otherwise is the thickness of skin nt enuf tat cos droop, sumthing like tat..
sorri i dont have the hard facts too complicated for me
but not every patient case lah
some people can suit although touch ups mostly is required

so seek good doctors advises is important

hope its useful