Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
spendalot

Post by spendalot » Wed, 11 Oct 2006 9:17 pm

Iamdanny, how is your nose now? Is it more natural looking now?

Jennifer, how long did it take for you to recover from rhinoplasty? I mean to look really natural? I only have about 2.5weeks. I really want it to look very natural before I face my friends.

Jennifer Lee

Post by Jennifer Lee » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 1:39 am

tanjhj wrote:yanhee has a past reputation for being sued by patients. i guess it was in the few years back but i hope it has changed for the better. btw, how do you know abt high complication rate for yanhee? does that means it is not good idea to go yanhee?
I'm so sorry, I should had wrote about my experience, yah?!

My surgeon: Dr. Somsak Kunachakr, www.kasemrad.net

I've been looking for cosmetic surgery sometime ago and chanced upon Dr. Somsak on the forum recommended by medictbp here. I had consider going to Yanhee or Vejthani but they don't have the hospital accreditation which is particularly important to me (I want to be sure that the hospital meets the basic national standards so I want an accredited hospital). I'd visited him and want to share my pleasant experience with Dr. Somsak, Kasemrad Cosmetic Surgery Center (www.kasemrad.net). I'd done some drastic procedures like cheekbone reduction, Rhinoplasty reconstruction, jaw contouring and breast implants.

Upon registration with Kasemrad Cosmetic Surgery Center, I booked the
surgery date, AIRASIA air tickets, took a 4 week leave from work and wired. They required 30% deposit to them.

The good thing about Dr. Somsak is that I've much assurance about his
techniques beforehand (the emails exchange with Chisholm was particularly helpful) and according to the website - he has always been updating his skills and knowledge (actually I'm attracted to him because he was a top cosmetic surgeon and was the Vice president of the local board-certifying academy). I believe he will be able to balance the latest techniques he acquires with sound judgment and a caring heart. I was a lot happier to know that he has worked with so many actresses there.

At the Bangkok airport, I was welcomed by the staff and I was transferred to my hotel. After spending some time at the hotel (checking in, looking at the nice hotel rooms, blah blah blah), I went down to the lobby and met Kasemrad's staff again - who transferred me to the clinic. There he was, the doctor who will make me so confident - I'm glad that he has familiarize me with the procedures beforehand (with an information kit) and showed me some photos making sure that I know what to expect.

Situation, I had an instant noodles on the plane and drank water in the
hotel. So he didn't recommend me to have surgery that very next morning instead. Okay. Fine, I vividly didn't remember instructions that forbid me to take food before surgery. But maybe that's why I'm arranged to stay in the hotel for the 1st night, I didn't expect it but as the Thai says it "Mai Pen Rai". So I went shopping instead for the day, I went back to the hotel and slept for the night.

The following morning, I was brought to the hospital by the same staff I'd
met and we talked a-bit about Thai education (I'm a teacher myself). Okay, I'll spare you on the details I've (the check-in, surgery & the trouble to check out of the hotel with baggage to the hospital) to the moment that I remember.

I woke up in a really nice hospital ward (damn! I must had been in
Gleneagles or Mt. Elizabeth, I'd never seen these kind of rooms at SGH or
NUH before). It must had been like a mini hotel room (recovery room)? The toilet has handicapped handles (of course!), there was a TV set that I'd spent my day with. Of course I was in some pain (and Dr. Somsak has
controlled my pain with pain-killers and also some other pills - maybe it's
anti-biotics) and discomfort. I knew it would last for a few weeks or
probably months for the bruises and swelling to go away, but, it's worth it.
It's tolerable (price of beauty?!).

Because I was all alone and I'd done some big surgery, I'd requested for a stay-in nurse with me for another 3 day (after 5 days in the hospital). It
was helpful to have a nurse after all I do want to recover properly under
supervised nursing care to minimize the possibly complications, movements (according to Dr. Somsak, big movements may actually make the stitches break and results in scaring). I'm glad that I've someone with me during that particular recovery stage.

I'm really pleased with the results of the facial procedures and my breast.
I hope that everyone else will have a good experience like me and consider Thailand for the quality over pricing (although it does matters to some people), choose top surgeons & with good hospitals which meets the international standards. Also it's particularly important for you to
understand the procedures that you're going so DON'T HESITATE TO ASK.

I thank you Dr. Somsak for my new found confidence. So here I am! I strongly recommend Dr. Somsak from Kasemrad Cosmetic Surgery Center to everyone here in the forum.
Jennifer Loves Daniel

Jennifer Lee

Post by Jennifer Lee » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 1:41 am

I hope people can share their experience like me, in details. So people can know what to expect! I am writing more because I know how it is like... desperate for information.
Jennifer Loves Daniel

Jennifer Lee

Post by Jennifer Lee » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 1:44 am

spendalot wrote:Iamdanny, how is your nose now? Is it more natural looking now?

Jennifer, how long did it take for you to recover from rhinoplasty? I mean to look really natural? I only have about 2.5weeks. I really want it to look very natural before I face my friends.
It's 3 weeks now. My nose look okay but hor, my face is swelling. I have jaw surgery also so I cannot tell you if my nose is looking normal for a total nose reconstruction.

I'm pleased.

I have a very square jaw & big nose which makes me a tomboy. Now I can call myself a pretty girl.
Jennifer Loves Daniel

gartheven2000

hiyah!

Post by gartheven2000 » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:39 pm

I have a very square jaw & big nose which makes me a tomboy. Now I can call myself a pretty girl.

GREAT! GOOD for YOU jennifer :wink:

thanks for sharing ur experience, i'm sure it's been very helpful to all the forummers. If u dun mind, when everything is set and swelling subside, can share the before/after pics with me? PM it, just the nose will do.. thanks !

By the way, danny how are u doing?

spendalot

Post by spendalot » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 3:52 pm

Thanks for sharing Jennifer. You are so brave. Not only did you go alone but you did so many areas at the same time.
So how long did you spend in BKK? So I assume you are recovering at home now? Isnt jaw contouring painful? How did you find the pain? What is the name of the hotel that you stayed in?
Thanks in advance!

Jennifer Lee

Post by Jennifer Lee » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 6:46 pm

hmmm, maybe we can meet up. i really scare my photo will end up circulating ard, sorrie.
Jennifer Loves Daniel

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 8:44 pm

Jennifer Lee wrote:hmmm, maybe we can meet up. i really scare my photo will end up circulating ard, sorrie.
glad that you are very willing to share and let us benefit from all the procedures you got. it is also a very smart and good move to stay at hospital coz the nurses will be of good help in healing. especially the 1st few days... i know how you felt as i was hospitalised alone for 1 week at foreign land before.
hotels wont be that good as compared as in good hands of nurses. yah? :)

cookie337

Post by cookie337 » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:44 pm

Hi Jennifer Lee
I went to the website u recommended and noticed that the prices were a lot higher than what other bkk hospitals are charging..like yanhee or brumg...

how much did u spend all in total?

seems like their prices are comparable to what SGH quoted me, so i was wondering if its worth the efffort to go bangkok then..

any advice? :o

cookie337

big dramatic eyes

Post by cookie337 » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:49 pm

i would like to do a double eyelid surgery to acheive the big dramatic eye-effect..anyone can recommend gd doctors in bangkok or sin?

just also to share my experience with all, i went to Dr W Wu for the injection rhinoplasty and it looks great. Unfortunately, it doesnt last very long (aboout 3-4 months?) and its terribly expensive.

I did it twice and each injection costs me abt SGD1.7K, on top of which he will recommend u need a botox..which costs another SGD600+. Its very expensive. But good for those who wants a trial session to gauge how u look..

just some experiences of mine..

if anyone has any gd doc to rhinoplasty augmentation / double eyelid surgery, pls reply me..thanks...!! :D

Jennifer Lee

Post by Jennifer Lee » Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:51 pm

cookie337 wrote:Hi Jennifer Lee
I went to the website u recommended and noticed that the prices were a lot higher than what other bkk hospitals are charging..like yanhee or brumg...

how much did u spend all in total?

seems like their prices are comparable to what SGH quoted me, so i was wondering if its worth the efffort to go bangkok then..

any advice? :o
I'd chose Dr. Somsak because of quality & his 20 yrs of experience, i believe that with 20 yrs of exp he has done a high volume of surgery to give me a safe state of mind... u noe wat i mean? not because of price. I was not comfortable with Yanhee because of the known complications tat was publicized before a few years ago. Bumrungrad is scary because of http://www.bumrungraddeath.com.

even in desperation i will go to a surgeon instead of a hospital or clinic who has many surgeons - who can't promise mi who will work on me.

I have use thb all the way. now tat i check my credit card it is approximately sgd20,000.
Jennifer Loves Daniel

spendalot

Post by spendalot » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:02 am

Jennifer Lee wrote:hmmm, maybe we can meet up. i really scare my photo will end up circulating ard, sorrie.
hi, would love to meet up with you some day.

babyevil85
Regular
Regular

hi

Post by babyevil85 » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 5:19 am

Anyone here REALLY planning To go yanhee with me next year oct ... PLs Reply k .. Free to Join me together

Jennifer Lee

Post by Jennifer Lee » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 6:06 am

wah. so early ar? nxt yr october u r like 12 mths earlier loh. school holiday is december, i have a small break again. mabbe i 1 to get a tummy tuck dis time.

hu 1 go Dr. Somsak with me? ask discount together :shock:

i m in a hurry to look pretty. i dun noe y, it seems tat i have been ugly too long and somsak has give me so much confident tat i can be reasonably attractive. i am young, i do feel the need to be attractive.

but i worry that i may become a plastic surgery addict. ani1 has thoughts on it? pls advise :???:

PS. I do look ugly. i have been teased in school and public my whole life... now i look okay on my face but the surgery makes my face look slim n my body is somewat out of proportion liao.
Jennifer Loves Daniel

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Fri, 13 Oct 2006 8:54 am

hi all my nose recpvering at a great pace but i can find mild bruise on my nose bridge area its alr 3wks exactly from my surgery... btw spendalot how is ur fren's nose? maybe can meet up with ur fren to compare noses haha.. oh i found out tt dr harry n dr seah were colleagues in vida medical center at paragon but aft tt they nw operate each clinic separately...

btw is it normal for the nose to look nt so defined at 3wks post op surgery? cos i find tt my nose shape keep changing... like sometimes sharp sometimes abit nt sharp.. i can see my tip getting defined as the days pass n the bridge area has tremendous increase in height...