Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
mightyred

Post by mightyred » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 7:22 pm

superugly wrote:i still cant decide whether dr hsu or dr kim is better. can someone pls advise.
some even say dr sukit from thailand also very good.
if we do it overseas and theres post surgery implications, are they going to pay for our trip before for recorrection?
do we need to pay and do follow ups from other doc in sg after e op overseas?
Hihi.. will you be interested to go to Penang this June?

DaniHodge

Post by DaniHodge » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:30 pm

Hi, can anyone suggest a great doctor for lip reduction and double eyelids surgery??

I can go to either singapore or jakarta, but i really am looking for the best doctors coz four ppl i kno who've had their eyelids done feel so disappointed. One even has her eyes unsymmetrical... sigh....

thanks a lot guys

prettyface07

Post by prettyface07 » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:24 am

wteng wrote:hi pretty face, wow ten k is a lot. U went korea to do with which surgeon. Is ur ideal nose shape like those krean actress's type which is long, pointy and sharp?? or u wanted some thing natural.
Hi wteng,

Done with Dr Kim,

So far so good but Im not satisfied with my nose, too natural like no much differences.
Wish to be in beauty heaven

vickyabc

Dr Chuang

Post by vickyabc » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 3:32 pm

Hi guys

I had my surgery done last month with Dr Chuang. Eye, Epic, Nose & Chin

Stayed at Taiwan - Charming Hotel for 11 days! nice suite with jacuzzi & private suana room!

Dr chuang did a fantastic job. Great surgeon. I love the result thus far. Friends stil managed to recog me but they said i looked mixed- which is what i wanted!
Its been only a month, i hope my eyelid crease wont subside too much over the period...
Chin was the most painful part.. Couldnt eat at all!

I am willingly to share my b4 and after photo. Just email me @ [email protected]

Vicky

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 5:48 pm

how u find dr chuang as person? his bedside manner etc; thinking doing jaw with him cos hear some not so good comment abt dr kim
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

vickyabc

Post by vickyabc » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 6:19 pm

He is not aggressive as in pushing u to do more surgery to earn more $$. I wanted to do kai yan wei and dimple too but he suggested me not to and explained in detail why i dont need.

i just told him what i want ie: abit of mixed look, nose tip (as i hv button nose) and i showed him a picture of the type of eyes i want.

Thou his schedule is very packed he is very patience in explaining and never rush througout the surgery. i was suppose to be on general anthes but i just couldnt fall alseep. so througout i was awake and aware! Btw he played some chinese FM in the surgical room too!

i did my eyes first. it was a friday. From 7pm to ard 9plus. im supposed to do everything eyes nose chin at a go but before me there was a singaporean gal doing jaw shaving thus he said it would be to tiring for him to concentrate on so many surgery on me on that particular day.

Following monday i did nose and chin. From 8pm to 12am! that was definitely a risk for me! He stopped after doing my nose and went to hv a quick bite before continuing on my chin.

But after the surgery they called a cab for me and make sure im safely back to the hotel.

I went back everyday to do some uv light treatment to speed up the recovery process. (Its free) and he will pop by in between his busy schedule to check on my status (wound, nose sillicon position etc). that was very sweet and showed me how he care for his patient even after the surgery.

im not promoting him or what. im just sharing my experience.

Overall im very satisfied. At least for now!

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 6:49 pm

vickyabc wrote:He is not aggressive as in pushing u to do more surgery to earn more $$. I wanted to do kai yan wei and dimple too but he suggested me not to and explained in detail why i dont need.

i just told him what i want ie: abit of mixed look, nose tip (as i hv button nose) and i showed him a picture of the type of eyes i want.

Thou his schedule is very packed he is very patience in explaining and never rush througout the surgery. i was suppose to be on general anthes but i just couldnt fall alseep. so througout i was awake and aware! Btw he played some chinese FM in the surgical room too!

i did my eyes first. it was a friday. From 7pm to ard 9plus. im supposed to do everything eyes nose chin at a go but before me there was a singaporean gal doing jaw shaving thus he said it would be to tiring for him to concentrate on so many surgery on me on that particular day.

Following monday i did nose and chin. From 8pm to 12am! that was definitely a risk for me! He stopped after doing my nose and went to hv a quick bite before continuing on my chin.

But after the surgery they called a cab for me and make sure im safely back to the hotel.

I went back everyday to do some uv light treatment to speed up the recovery process. (Its free) and he will pop by in between his busy schedule to check on my status (wound, nose sillicon position etc). that was very sweet and showed me how he care for his patient even after the surgery.

im not promoting him or what. im just sharing my experience.

Overall im very satisfied. At least for now!
Yes this is what i called Customer service and professionlism. even to the point they ensured you reached your hotel after you surgery. that is on eof the reason why i used to recommend him alot as i am sure the patients would have great care and customer service needed as a PS patient.

Nevertheless, i wish to mentioned that he is the only PS doc that i read that PUBLICLY mentioned/guaranteed free revision for 1 year post operation, on his website. of course the free revision is due to unstaisfied result rather than the patient's chang of mind on what he/she wants for the face.

That furthers satisfied me as i am very conservative and Kiasee person, i like to ensure that i am protected or insured as much as possible b4 going for any surgery. Hence i dare to highly recommend him and dr jung to the fellow forumers here last time.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

hello84
Regular
Regular

hello

Post by hello84 » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:38 pm

tanjhj when is your surgery??? still thinking of dr chuang? or dr jung or dr torium? i wan to see you have yourself fits rather than giving advise to anyone in the forum... sometime you may be giving the wrong info because you don'y know how it feel after surgery... pls.. think carefully before you advise people thanx.!!

prettyface07

Re: hello

Post by prettyface07 » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:56 am

hello84 wrote:tanjhj when is your surgery??? still thinking of dr chuang? or dr jung or dr torium? i wan to see you have yourself fits rather than giving advise to anyone in the forum... sometime you may be giving the wrong info because you don'y know how it feel after surgery... pls.. think carefully before you advise people thanx.!!
Hello84,

I totally agree with you. :lol:

This man is damm irritating, cristising ppl looks in the forum. See liao, also pissed off :x

acting knowledgable, but just all his imagination,illusion & assumption.

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:47 pm

I have did my eyelid and epi locally and it has been 6 months. There is a very prominent scar.. I try to consult a few doctor and they say nothing much can be done to remove the scar except to wait and go for injection. Hopefully it will fade slowly but it will not disappear. really sad and disapointed with some of the local surgeon. :mad:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: hello

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 7:17 pm

prettyface07 wrote:
hello84 wrote:tanjhj when is your surgery??? still thinking of dr chuang? or dr jung or dr torium? i wan to see you have yourself fits rather than giving advise to anyone in the forum... sometime you may be giving the wrong info because you don'y know how it feel after surgery... pls.. think carefully before you advise people thanx.!!
Hello84,

I totally agree with you. :lol:

This man is damm irritating, cristising ppl looks in the forum. See liao, also pissed off :x

acting knowledgable, but just all his imagination,illusion & assumption.
well so far i admit i cant satisfied and help all the ppl (especially kalo fans). in fact i would dare to say that the info i provide is not 100% correct but usedful for those who benefited from it, else there wont be ppl sending PM after their PS to me.

As for hello84, i treated you as fren as i have tok to you b4, i areadi advised you before your kalo trip not to go there and rather to go to Taiwan. as i predicted, u waste money there, kana by the botched job there and still need to go to dr hsu in taiwan for PS and need to laser ur alar scars.

I heard you wanna do revision for your nose job again. do you know what you really want for your nose? good luck. of course what i heard abt u is still arumours hence i dun really believe it just as i hope you dun believe in rumours

1st you and some ppl spread rumors that i have get commission from dr chuang, then you flame me with nasty things. too bad, some of them leak what u said to me. nevertheless i dun 100% believe them as i roughly know what type of person you are and what u are capable of.

FYI, i have done my stiching eyelid at BKK for a budget $500 and botoxed my cheek 2 times. didnt do Rhino at BKK as i have mentioned before that i have deviated nose bridge and to correct it, i will need more than ear cartilage or implants. it will be a expensive $8k - 10k procedures and i am saving money for it and paying for my own expense and school fees at the same time .

I admired you, I am not lucky like you to be sponsored by your parents...

Next thing, I dun think having done your PS before will allow you to have more knowledge or superior abt PS compared to those who havent do it yet.

PS is like a medical science, u need real knowledge and understanding in it and do some research on it. Anyway Most, if not all the famous PS doctors did not do PS on themselves, r u trying to say they are not fit to discuss or do PS? PS is also an ART, u need talent in it to create and understand concept of beauty. of coz i wont deny that beauty is in the eye of the beholder hence one man's meat can be anothers

As for prettyface07, u have ur rights to think what u want i will respect your views and hope you respect mine, i believe that i cant assist you in your case. My intentions is never to be popular nor earn commission from posting here. feel free to point out what i said is wrong and i would like to learn from the mistakes and get better with newer and more info.

it is a pity we cant be frens or share PS knowledge on level grounds. i will leave others to judge, especially those who benefitted directly or indirectly from my postings.

my main aim to to help ppl saved money, pain and get the best doctors for their PS job, most importantly reduced their chances of botched job from unethical PS doctors or clinics.
Last edited by tanjhj on Tue, 15 Apr 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 7:28 pm

FlyingMice wrote:I have did my eyelid and epi locally and it has been 6 months. There is a very prominent scar.. I try to consult a few doctor and they say nothing much can be done to remove the scar except to wait and go for injection. Hopefully it will fade slowly but it will not disappear. really sad and disapointed with some of the local surgeon. :mad:
you can try vitamins e cream/gel or go to pharmacy to get the anti-scar gel film which you put on the scars during the night. both works for scars on my legs (burns) and face (moles removal). i hope it can work for u too. alternatively, you can laser the scars off at National skin centre. try getting a polyclinic refferal letter to try get some subsidy.

if you are in thailand, you can go to boots pharmacy, they have a scar removal solution, which must be bought from their pharmacist. i got it for my ex gf and it helps alot in her stiched scars on her leg within 2 months.

the only thing i worried is your scar may be keloid, thus you will need to see a doctor to confirmed. if it is a keloid, they have gel for it or you can try

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.d ... &catid=543

or alternatives, there are many available on the counters
Golden Rules of PS:

prettyface07

Post by prettyface07 » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 8:38 pm

tanjhj wrote:
FlyingMice wrote:I have did my eyelid and epi locally and it has been 6 months. There is a very prominent scar.. I try to consult a few doctor and they say nothing much can be done to remove the scar except to wait and go for injection. Hopefully it will fade slowly but it will not disappear. really sad and disapointed with some of the local surgeon. :mad:
you can try vitamins e cream/gel or go to pharmacy to get the anti-scar gel film which you put on the scars during the night. both works for scars on my legs (burns) and face (moles removal). i hope it can work for u too. alternatively, you can laser the scars off at National skin centre. try getting a polyclinic refferal letter to try get some subsidy.

if you are in thailand, you can go to boots pharmacy, they have a scar removal solution, which must be bought from their pharmacist. i got it for my ex gf and it helps alot in her stiched scars on her leg within 2 months.

the only thing i worried is your scar may be keloid, thus you will need to see a doctor to confirmed. if it is a keloid, they have gel for it or you can try

See told you all right, Tan again talk like he is DR TAN HAHAHA
You not pai sei ma :oops: :oops:

eh I though your parent have alot of biz, then how come you don't the $ to PS?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 8:47 pm

prettyface07 wrote:
tanjhj wrote:

See told you all right, Tan again talk like he is DR TAN HAHAHA
You not pai sei ma :oops: :oops:

eh I though your parent have alot of biz, then how come you don't the $ to PS
well that is my parents biz not mine. i dun ask money from my parents since army times. i dun wanna be a useless brats like some local kids nowadays..

excuse me. those are normal cosmetics stuffs, nothing medical special, which you can find in any cosmetics forum and general knowledge. maybe u did not know them, i wont blame you
Golden Rules of PS:

prettyface07

Post by prettyface07 » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 9:57 pm

tanjhj wrote: well that is my parents biz not mine. i dun ask money from my parents since army times. i dun wanna be a useless brats like some local kids nowadays..

excuse me. those are normal cosmetics stuffs, nothing medical special, which you can find in any cosmetics forum and general knowledge. maybe u did not know them, i wont blame you

tanjhj,

You had been in the Earth so long should have alot of Ang bao money, use them la?

You have been talking about doing PS in these forum & others since 2006 until now 2008, 2 years plus. Havent save enough for just a nose job? hahaha :lol:

You never work meh? So poor & pathetic man haha :cool: :cool: