Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 4:28 pm

kalyn wrote:Hi all,

So having done cheekbone reduction 3 months ago in Korea, I'm now planning to do cheek augmentation - mainly cheek implants. I know. Like why reduce it and then get it back ARTIFICALLY. Sounds lame to some perhaps!

Alright, main reason. I felt that my frontal face is too flat, and it lacks definition. The cheekbone reduction surgery did narrowed my facial width, that's the purpose for my intention. I would like to hear from anyone who had cheek implants. Will it add width back to your face? I just want to have the definition in the middle of my face (the cheeks area) and remain the width as it is and I heard it's possible.

I'm planning to go BKK this time for my cheek implants because of its rising popularity and on top of it, having had surgeries done in Taiwan and Korea previously, I think the price is pretty much not accountable to the results generated as with BKK's clinics. Could anyone provide me with the prices of cheek implants with any doctors you're aware of? Would be very much appreciated!!

And the recovery?

Cerespn, do you know how much does Dr Charan charge for cheek implants?

For one thing, bkk clinic's results were never impressive, at least not to me. So i don't understand why there's the hype surrounding it; there are much better clinics in korea, i think i will post the links when i stumble onto those websites again.

I don't know how much he charges for implants, but his expertise is in bone work. That said, i don't think he will deny you the option of choosing implants if that's what you want. But if you ask me, augmenting the cheekbones via moving/shifting the bone is much better than putting an implant in. You can at least be assured that the new cheeks are 100% from your own body.

More importantly, the thing with cheek/jaw/forehead implants is that there is a tendency for the implants to have an odd look if you gain/lose weight. It's just the nature of the implants and how it's placed within the body. Put it this way, if your face gets smaller cos you lose weight, your implant doesn't, so yea you can imagine what it's going to look like. That doesn't apply for the nose though.

You say you lack face definition. Have you done any other procedures than the cheekbones? I haven't seen your pics so i might be wrong, but i am pretty sure that if you haven't done your nose yet, doing it will give you superior results than just doing cheekbones.. again. But if you don't plan to do your nose for whatever personal reason, i don't think it's that good an idea to just do the cheekbones again cos i'm doubtful you will get what you really want - more 3d/defined face.

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 4:10 am

Hi cersepn,

thanks for your feedback! Maybe I got it all wrong about the hype behind BKK's clinics. Fancy getting all high for nothing! haha :lol:

My main intention is get the round apple cheeks, nothing to do with the bones, nothing to make the facial width wider, just the frontal part! A kind fellow forumer told me it's possible to get that through face-lifting, and I might change my course to that. Cheeks implants do sound too dramatic, especially after reading your post about the tendency for implants to have an odd look if you gain/lose weight.

Btw, I've had done my nose before, twice. And, gonna re-do it again, don't ask my why. Just don't like the current one :( I've had cheeks lipo before but i'm still planning to do a buccal fat removal for a sharper face. I just have no idea how to get a sharp V shape face! Does anyone know?!

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 4:33 pm

Hi there

have not been here for a long time. Remb my last PS was done on 2007 Oct. It been nearly 1.4yrs, I still feel that my dbl eyelid was not properly done @ JB. I feel rather disappointed. I was thinking if i shd revise it.

Both the eyeside @ the edge was not properly tighten up and can see a gap. Like a N shape. Did anyone have the same problem as me?
See the world from a different vantage point

marson83

Hi taurus

Post by marson83 » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 7:12 pm

taurus19 wrote:Hi there

have not been here for a long time. Remb my last PS was done on 2007 Oct. It been nearly 1.4yrs, I still feel that my dbl eyelid was not properly done @ JB. I feel rather disappointed. I was thinking if i shd revise it.

Both the eyeside @ the edge was not properly tighten up and can see a gap. Like a N shape. Did anyone have the same problem as me?

Hi Taurus in which hospital you done your double eyelid surgery?>

have you heard beautiful holidays in penang, they just quote me a quotation for S$1,070 only for double eyelid

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hi taurus

Post by taurus19 » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 7:42 pm

marson83 wrote:

Hi Taurus in which hospital you done your double eyelid surgery?>

have you heard beautiful holidays in penang, they just quote me a quotation for S$1,070 only for double eyelid
wah it is cheap ah.. i paid S$2.5k at KALO
See the world from a different vantage point

wannabepretty18

Post by wannabepretty18 » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 2:05 am

I emailed Dream Clinic a couple of times but it appears they don't respond to email. :( Kinda disappointing and that turned me off the clinic for a while but someone on this thread went to them and seemed to have a pretty good experience. I can't remember who exactly but if you look at some of the previous entries I'm sure you'll find it. They have English speaking doctors as well and that along with the good results shown by Soompiers who went to him convinced me. :)

If I go to Korea I'll probably be checking that clinic out. Along with Migo and a couple of recommended clinics.

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 3:11 am

You were ripped off...I had it done in Taipei at almost half the price.

milk~

Post by milk~ » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:04 am

Hi wannabepretty,
Im also quite tempted to go to dream clinic. Could you please share more with me like which are the better clinic in korea? As most of their websites were in korean and i cant understand abit. =)
wannabepretty18 wrote:I emailed Dream Clinic a couple of times but it appears they don't respond to email. :( Kinda disappointing and that turned me off the clinic for a while but someone on this thread went to them and seemed to have a pretty good experience. I can't remember who exactly but if you look at some of the previous entries I'm sure you'll find it. They have English speaking doctors as well and that along with the good results shown by Soompiers who went to him convinced me. :)

If I go to Korea I'll probably be checking that clinic out. Along with Migo and a couple of recommended clinics.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 2:29 am

Pinkyice wrote:

You were ripped off...I had it done in Taipei at almost half the price.
the repercussions of kalo still around...
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

~meme~

Post by ~meme~ » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 8:22 pm

Hi guys

I'm new in PS

Wanted to ask if Anyone of you know any good PS that performs facial Dermabrasion?

As for rhinoplasty, if I do the rib cartilage rhino, is it still possible to remove it in the future?

Appreciate the reply please..... :?

Eyes84

Post by Eyes84 » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:36 pm

Hi Im New here Frm Singapore.
!Wish to go taipei or korea for Breast Aug n double eyelids on Sep 09???
Any gd recom??
Anyone interested going with me??

esteek

Post by esteek » Tue, 03 Mar 2009 12:21 am

kalyn wrote:
cersepn wrote:Hey Jamie,
It's been awhile since we've heard from you. I've actually been waiting for your report; the last pic you showed us was only the small part of your beautiful cheekbones, and even then with the small pic it was nice. Glad to know you've not forgotten about the community here. You look really good :D

Can i have the links to the before as well? I plan on having some work done by dr charan also, i've been conversing with him via email and he seems to know what he's doing + the price is =0
Hi all,

So having done cheekbone reduction 3 months ago in Korea, I'm now planning to do cheek augmentation - mainly cheek implants. I know. Like why reduce it and then get it back ARTIFICALLY. Sounds lame to some perhaps!

Alright, main reason. I felt that my frontal face is too flat, and it lacks definition. The cheekbone reduction surgery did narrowed my facial width, that's the purpose for my intention. I would like to hear from anyone who had cheek implants. Will it add width back to your face? I just want to have the definition in the middle of my face (the cheeks area) and remain the width as it is and I heard it's possible.

I'm planning to go BKK this time for my cheek implants because of its rising popularity and on top of it, having had surgeries done in Taiwan and Korea previously, I think the price is pretty much not accountable to the results generated as with BKK's clinics. Could anyone provide me with the prices of cheek implants with any doctors you're aware of? Would be very much appreciated!!

And the recovery?

Cerespn, do you know how much does Dr Charan charge for cheek implants?

Hey kalyn,
could u pm me? I had cheekbone reduction done too and am looking to increase the frontal projection of my cheeks but not the width! i have been thinking whether i'm the only person who wants to do it!

lipcolor

dbl eyelids

Post by lipcolor » Wed, 04 Mar 2009 9:52 am

hey there... any1 heard of medora ctr for aesthetic medicine..?
and another is TLCclinic...?? both at orchard..!
i'll be goin for consultation for double eyelids surgery this afternoon..
has any1 done eye surgery there..?

TLCclinic cost S$1288 (installment avail with UOB/citibank c. cards)
this one seems to be a good offer at this time of crisis.. hoho..

medora costs more than S$2K++..
colorful l!fe..~

Eyes84

Double eyelid

Post by Eyes84 » Wed, 04 Mar 2009 9:59 am

Hi Lipcolour,i never heard b4!
After consultation,can tell us more??
Im interested also..Wats e doc name??
Hear frm u soon!!! :)

lipcolor

Re: Double eyelid

Post by lipcolor » Wed, 04 Mar 2009 10:06 am

Eyes84 wrote:Hi Lipcolour,i never heard b4!
After consultation,can tell us more??
Im interested also..Wats e doc name??
Hear frm u soon!!! :)
wat's ur email add i can forward u d msgs.. also will share it here..
i took block leave on apr 2 for d surgery..!!
i online hav doc richard teo's reply.. am meetin him later at TLCclinic.com.. at far east shpg ctr.. do check out their webby..
the S.E.T method seems appealing to me.. consultation costs S$30..
surgery's 1288 some more can be paid via instalment..!
jus after 10 days u can be back to wrk..! amazing rite..

as for medora.. i dunno d consultation cost.. (will knw later on) my fren's fren did it there n commented good result..! so i'm goin both sides to consult first.. then decide...
colorful l!fe..~