Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
la vie en rose

Post by la vie en rose » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 9:32 pm

kwelll wrote:
BlueberryMochi wrote:
shoe_girl wrote:Hey everyone,

I cannot emphasize enough nasal surgery is a big gamble, you win some,you lose some- not even the surgeon could predict what is to happen post surgery- only time will tell and do the "talking" for you. I wouldnt like to think it is a crap shoot, but know one must be mentally and emotionally prepared for the worst and deal with it maturely. It pays to have an honest and honourable surgeon who will stand behind his/her name- priceless from my experiences.

Above all, be kind & HONEST with yourself.

Good luck to all.

Kwell

Entirely agreed with Kwell: surgery = big gamble for the result. I lost for the 1st and 2sd surgery… :?

And even if the plastic surgery is very common today, be aware that surgery = risk, I think some of you don’t know this file:

http://www.mslv.net/yljf/Article_Show.a ... ;不少人死在整容医院

近日,一起严重的医疗事故在韩国引起很大反响:一名21岁的韩国少女在接受双眼皮手术过程中猝死。在这个“整容王国”
I like my new nose!

la vie en rose

Choose the right doctor

Post by la vie en rose » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 9:43 pm

And don't go to a doctor because he is cheap, but because he is good. You don't have enough money? Then wait...

http://health.sohu.com/2004/02/26/83/ar ... 8391.shtml
台湾两女做面部整容 一死一成植物人

台湾两名女子在春节假期进行面部削骨整容手术,结果一人惨成植物人,另一人更为此送命。死者家属气愤不已,向肇事医生索偿1000万元新台币。两名整容医生都是新手,疑因使用廉价麻醉药出事。专科医生就警告,勿因“爱面子”
I like my new nose!

Lisbeth

Price in Korea

Post by Lisbeth » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:36 am

dear all...

could someone help me out with the surgery prices in korea. I called some clinics and send e-mails as well. however, nobody want to tell me how much an operation costs. now I am a bit at my lost as I don't know what is the standard price there... if you know how much...

- liposuction of upper abdomen
- facelifting
- laser treatment for freckles
- laser treatment for eyes so that no classes are need...

...cost I thank you very much if you could tell me. so I can compare which one is expensive and which one is reasonable in price.
it's really not easy if you don't speak the same language... sometimes it makes you crazy... :shock:

longtail

chin implant

Post by longtail » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 1:32 pm

I have consulted 2 doctors on chin implant, Dr.Fong Poh Him & Dr.Hong Soo Wan. One thing is very different btw the two doctors.

Dr.Fong asked me what shape I want the chin to be and he also asked me to provide some pictures of people I think having nice chins (he thinks this is the most important part for the surgery). he also mentioned that the implant is in the front as well as bottom part of the chin bone, and according to the final agreement between him and me, he will carve the material to a suitable shape before implant.

so based on the above experience, when i go to see dr.Hong, i bring some pictures of people with pretty chins. however, dr.Hong told me that for a chin implant, doctor usually don't do much carve to the material, and he will just choose a proper size of silicon (maybe trim a little bit) to implant to the front part of the chin bone. thus, he mentioned that it is not reasonable to ask what kind of shape i want the chin to be, and a good looking chin on other people's face may not look good on my face.

well I have to say that the different opinions of the two doctors confused me. My previous internet research actually is quite close to Dr. Hong's opinion. But seems Dr. Fong is even more famous and have a lot of good reviews on the forum. I'm just wondering which one i should go for.

in summary, my questions are:

1. definitely the chin implant can make the face profile more proportional and balanced. but patient can decide on the chin shape? the doctor will carve the material to the desired shape?
2. the implant is to the front of chin bone, or both front & bottom?
3. another question is i also heard the term "jaw implant". is it a different thing from "chin implant"? what are the differences then?

Hope someone can answer my queries, and thanks everyone for taking time to read through.
Last edited by longtail on Sat, 12 Jan 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

christmas

Post by christmas » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 1:46 pm

la vie en rose wrote:
christmas wrote:
la vie en rose wrote: Christmas,

Bonjour, vous etes francaise?
Le silicone est tres peu utilise aux Etats-Unis/en Europe, etant donne que les caucasiens ont la peau fine...

Anyway, you still have time and I advise you to do more research.

Bonne Chance en tout cas!
:wink:
Non, je ne suis pas française. Le français est ma cinquième langue (comme votre anglais, non ?)

Merci beaucoup :) J'irai à Taiwan en avril maintenant parce qu'il sera cher en mai. (Quelques médecins augmentent leurs prix en mai :( et j'ai des vacances courtes en avril.)

I think I will just listen to what they have to say... doing too much research will just get me nowhere because I'll just get more confused. I know that own cartilage is better but it's just the scar that I'm worried about. So it's really a matter of weighing what I want.

How is your new nose? Is silicone/goretex really not as good as autologous material? Might do with Dr Chuang if I decide to use sil/gore.

king87

Post by king87 » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 4:04 pm

I dont pretend to know it all. But, from my own experience and certainly through research and the opinion of surgeons, am of the opinion that septal cartilage is stronger than ear cartilage. Thus, it should make sense that absoption rate is slower in the former albeit one must remember that warping is still a common "problem" with autologous material.

Have a Korean friend whose nose was implanted with rib cartilage (strongest & more abundant, regular in shape) only to find out his bridge had curved or gave way to warping 2 months post surgery. With each surgery,the internal nasal structure becomes weaker and weaker and thus affect healing. There are, of course, those who have been "lucky" and got much satisfaction out of it without (or little) warping as it continues to survive (cartilage) inside the nose.

I cannot emphasize enough nasal surgery is a big gamble, you win some,you lose some- not even the surgeon could predict what is to happen post surgery- only time will tell and do the "talking" for you. I wouldnt like to think it is a crap shoot, but know one must be mentally and emotionally prepared for the worst and deal with it maturely. It pays to have an honest and honourable surgeon who will stand behind his/her name- priceless from my experiences.

Above all, be kind & HONEST with yourself.

Good luck to all.

Kwell
wow.. its quite disheartening to hear that even autologous implant can be that risky. warping and being absorbed are the major concerns.

but what are the chances for either the ear or septal cartilage to experience warping or totally absorbed by the body?

i have a silicone implant and wanted to change to an autologous material in recent times... it always feel "safer" having 1...

my implant has not given any problem for the past 2 yrs despite pimples growing on my nose occasionally. now, im seriously considering the risks of an autologous graft ... don't wish to look for unnecessary trouble.

any advices are welcomed. :D

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 8:14 pm

"...but what are the chances for either the ear or septal cartilage to experience warping or totally absorbed by the body?..."

I have not seen or at least heard of anyone whose autologous implantation is competely absorbed- especially in the case of rib cartilage where it is most abundant and strong. However, the question is not about it being absorbed totally, rather to what extent it will affect the shape & size of the nose once implanted post surgery. Have certainly seen and know ear cartilage implantation is often the weakest and it does little to contour the nose before it loses vol, size etc. Am sure those on this forum who have experienced this problem could share your opinion with us.

Kwell

dawny

Rhinoplasty

Post by dawny » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 1:59 am

Hi guys! I'm new here but have been considering a nose job (primary, alar base reduction). When I don't smile, it looks just about right (although I trust it can even be better with modification). But I shine my pearly whites, my alar looks like they are taking off to somewhere!!

I seriously need to reduce the size of my revolting alar. At the same time, I would also like to have cheek lipo done as I still retain some of the baby fats.

I am considering a few doctors:

1. Dr. Jung - As he is well known for shaping nose in Korea!
2. Dr. Chuang (from WISH clinic) - He does good cheek lipo but I'm not so sure about his rhinoplasty skill (but i just need alarplasty..so maybe it should be alright?)

3. Dr. Hsu - He is very patient to his clients and very good as well.

I'm confused who to go to. Anyone have experience to share please?
Believe in your dreams! Define-Refine them.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 3:25 am

hello!

been so busy since i m back. i rcvd pm n emails asking more qn abt rib cartilage. juz some answers to yr queries:

1. how much does my whole trip cost?
Abt SGD6K - flight, hotel (6 days), hospital (2 days incl in Dr. Hsu's price) , 24-hr caretaker during hospital stay, op, food, transport etc etc.

Sori- not considerate to advise anyone what Dr. Hsu charges. Think abt is good enuf idea for budgeting purposes.

2. How is my rib cartilage healing?
FAST - i think 100% autologuous heals super fast. period.

Today is my 15th day post-op and I feel good - no more tender feelings on ALL cut up areas tho some swelling still. I think this was achieved only between my 8-11th weeks post-goretex rhinoplasty.

From 11th days onwards, my nose is feeling 'hardened' instead of that raw, tender, puffy texture. It just happened on overnight and on same day when I finish my medication. I asked Dr. Hsu yesterday and he said it is my skin hardening due to swell. Not panicking since this is still healing stage and doc does not think out of normal.

I can feel my bridge firming up and feels as strong as my original bridge's texture - if you know what i mean?

No warping - up till now. I have no idea when warping tends to happen - let me know if you do.

Overall, Dr. Hsu said my nose should absorb around 10% under normal circumstances.

BUT, pls everyone - it is ONLY my 15th day. As much as every nose is different - every recovery from op is also different. So just take above as reference. I wld think a review after 60 days is more reasonable.

A little overdue to send Dr. Hsu my photos - m still struggling with taking my own photo since my family are travelling. duh. :)

cheers,
dmn

dawny

Rhinoplasty

Post by dawny » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 4:10 am

DMN wrote:hello!

been so busy since i m back. i rcvd pm n emails asking more qn abt rib cartilage. juz some answers to yr queries:

Abt SGD6K - flight, hotel (6 days), hospital (2 days incl in Dr. Hsu's price) , 24-hr caretaker during hospital stay, op, food, transport etc etc.

Sori- not considerate to advise anyone what Dr. Hsu charges. Think abt is good enuf idea for budgeting purposes.

Today is my 15th day post-op and I feel good - no more tender feelings on ALL cut up areas tho some swelling still. I think this was achieved only between my 8-11th weeks post-goretex rhinoplasty.

From 11th days onwards, my nose is feeling 'hardened' instead of that raw, tender, puffy texture. It just happened on overnight and on same day when I finish my medication. I asked Dr. Hsu yesterday and he said it is my skin hardening due to swell. Not panicking since this is still healing stage and doc does not think out of normal.

I can feel my bridge firming up and feels as strong as my original bridge's texture - if you know what i mean?

No warping - up till now. I have no idea when warping tends to happen - let me know if you do.

Overall, Dr. Hsu said my nose should absorb around 10% under normal circumstances.

BUT, pls everyone - it is ONLY my 15th day. As much as every nose is different - every recovery from op is also different. So just take above as reference. I wld think a review after 60 days is more reasonable.

A little overdue to send Dr. Hsu my photos - m still struggling with taking my own photo since my family are travelling. duh. :)

cheers,
dmn

Hi DMN!

Good to hear your updates once again! All the best for your healing progress and keep the positive energy going coz i believe its contagious and so affect the healing :)

I'm also very keen in going to Dr. Hsu for alarplasty and tip modification to reduce my bulbous tip. I've emailed him yesterday but haven't got a reply yet. Would you have any idea how much an alar and tip modification might cost?

Also by any chance, if Dr. Hsu does buccal fat removal?

Thanks so much, good luck once again. :D

mynose!

Post by mynose! » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:00 am

hey guys for anyone who has had rhino done::!!!
how long did it take for you guys to see the final result?
i only got the tip done with septal cartilage and was wondering how long roughly it takes to see the final shape, i didnt bruise much at all with some swelling and its my 6th day postop....i got tip refinement with shaving down myy rasp i didnt do brridge augmentation.....

christmas

Re: Rhinoplasty

Post by christmas » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:58 pm

dawny wrote:Hi guys! I'm new here but have been considering a nose job (primary, alar base reduction). When I don't smile, it looks just about right (although I trust it can even be better with modification). But I shine my pearly whites, my alar looks like they are taking off to somewhere!!

I seriously need to reduce the size of my revolting alar. At the same time, I would also like to have cheek lipo done as I still retain some of the baby fats.

I am considering a few doctors:

1. Dr. Jung - As he is well known for shaping nose in Korea!
2. Dr. Chuang (from WISH clinic) - He does good cheek lipo but I'm not so sure about his rhinoplasty skill (but i just need alarplasty..so maybe it should be alright?)

3. Dr. Hsu - He is very patient to his clients and very good as well.

I'm confused who to go to. Anyone have experience to share please?
Hi dawny.. I had the same choices of doctors as well :) I've now narrowed it down to 2 and 3 because korea is too expensive for me. If you do decide to go to Taiwan let me know, cuz I'm going there in a few months time :) Good luck!

christmas

Post by christmas » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 1:15 pm

DMN wrote:hello!

cheers,
dmn
thanks for your updates! i think i'm about to undergo the same thing, so it's really valuable to know you're recovering well :) thanks!

needimprovement

Post by needimprovement » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 1:31 pm

:D hi guys, i'm new to this forum but has been doing research for a long time. Simply put it, i'd love to have a nose job and planning to go to Dr. Hsu, i am planning to go in early november of this year and was wondering if anyone would want to join me, i would be glad to meet up in taiwan. I'm really afraid to go alone as i've never been outside of the us and do not know how to speak the language, if you are interested email me on [email protected] so i can get to know you better. :wink:

dawny

Rhinoplasty

Post by dawny » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 4:32 pm

mynose! wrote:hey guys for anyone who has had rhino done::!!!
how long did it take for you guys to see the final result?
i only got the tip done with septal cartilage and was wondering how long roughly it takes to see the final shape, i didnt bruise much at all with some swelling and its my 6th day postop....i got tip refinement with shaving down myy rasp i didnt do brridge augmentation.....
Hi mynose,

You just did a tip refinement with shaving down and shaped by septal cartilage? I'm also considering that... however i have heard of ear cartilage for tip refinement more frequently than others. Could you enlight me the reason for your choice please?

Did you also have alar base reduction? Coz thats what I need too and am concern with the scars..

How is your tip going along now? I guess it's supposed to reduce in size with time?

I reckon that you should have a nice bridge thats why you didn't need to do anything to it. I'm satisfied with mine too but awfully need an alarplasty and tip refinement. The more I look in the mirror, the more revolting it gets.. heh heh :? :?

It will be very nice if you could share who did you go to and the price that he charge?

All the best to your recovery! A speedy and beautfiful one!

Thanks babe :)