Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 7:03 pm

Hi!

For those who are researching on Dr. Dean Toriumi's website. In cae you wonder, the young Asian lady was a Vietnamese student of Dr. Toriumi. I read this from Dr. Hsu's blog. Like his work, but think it is too sharp and pointy for Asian - a signature look of Dr. Toriumi. Again, to each his/her own....

Good luck!
dmn

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 7:37 pm

Hi DMN,

Nice to see your post after awhile and I also appreciate why you thought you could not contribute as highlighted in your private message to me today.

Firstly, I most certainly do not mind my "name" being mentioned, facts are facts and will remain so. Morever, if it can give others a different perspective, then whynot?

However, I have to correct you on two points you had mentioned below:
You wrote:

"I know Kwell is feeling the dissatifaction from his op. I can understanding Kwell's view cos Kwell has set high standard for his op - to achieve the SAME look he had before with silicon (which is anyway giving way). Also, Kwell from his post does not want to use rib cartilage to create the high bridge. Thus, he has less options."

Yes, I did set the standard high enough for someone as experienced as Dr Jung and in your own words for his "skills and experience" for which i share the same sentiments. For the record, it was a mutually agreeable discussion between myself and Dr Jung what needed to be precisely corrected and/or improved with illustrations. Both of us knew exactly what was set out to achieve; to give a plain simple example, I had requested for a straight bridge but it turned out curved. Period.

I apologise if i have sent the wrong impression that I had wanted "SAME look he had before with silicone" - I must confess this was and is never my view with the aforesaid and am very surprised you had expressed this in writing. I am also of the opinion that my nose before the surgery i.e. "giving way" has absolutely NO direct relevance to the issue in question. I am also puzzled as to how you came to the conclusion that I "wanted a high bridge and that I did not want to use rib cartilage" ?? Please advise

I do agree with you that one has to make a decison for oneself only and this is in line with my thoughts all along clearly expressed in those relevant posts.

I must also admit that Dr Jung has very honourably and honestly admitted his multiple mistakes on his work on my nose in writing after I have sent him my report with photographs. I believe this is self explainatory and needs no further elaboration.

Like you and others, I do wish those interested on embarking this journey a fulfilling one and best of luck of course.

BTW, I hope your hump on your nose is nothing but swelling as you did mention you`re going back to Dr Jung for a revision plus nostril concealment.

Cheers

Kwell

PS:( when "most people" seem to believe something - that's the time to question it most vigorously and make it meet the requirements of logic and fact before accepting it as your own)

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 7:58 pm

DMN wrote:Hi!

For those who are researching on Dr. Dean Toriumi's website. In cae you wonder, the young Asian lady was a Vietnamese student of Dr. Toriumi. I read this from Dr. Hsu's blog. Like his work, but think it is too sharp and pointy for Asian - a signature look of Dr. Toriumi. Again, to each his/her own....

Good luck!
dmn

Hey DMN,

I thought you might appreciate the nose of the above-mentioned albeit I dont particularly crave for a tip of such kind, but yes she does look miles better and more sophisticated, perhaps?

I only wish Dr. Toriumi has more examples of his work on augmentation on an oriental as it would give us a better understanding (or appreciation) of his work in a better perspective as one example is hardly conclusive, be it good or bad or average. We should also judge the average never the extremes in anything in life.

Again, my 2 cents worth and my opinion only.

mynose!

Post by mynose! » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 10:03 pm

DMN: HEY U WENT TO DR JUNG RIGHT....SO U USED GORTEC FOR UR BRIDGE AND DONORS CARTILAGE FOR TIP PROJECTION AM I RIGHT?....HOW COME U DIDNT USE OUR OWN SEPTAL OR INNER EAR CARTILAGE?.....IF U DONT MIND ME ASKING WITH GORTEX, I DONT KNOW HOW LONG U HAVE HAD IT FOR BUT ARENT U WORRIED ABOUT INFECTION CAUSED AS IT STILL OCCURS AFTER 6 MONTHS OF OPERATION AND AT THAT POINT THE SIDE EFFECTS WOULD BE WORSE BECAUSE OF THE DAMAGE IT WOULD CAUSE FROM HAVING IT REMOVED?....;im considering dr jung so im trying to find out useful info...
im gonna ask my korean friends who they consider top surgeons in korea cuase they would know more right?

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 10:32 pm

wow So much on Rhinoplasty here...

hey guys the only way to raise your bridge is by implant rite?

Also, do u all know the avg cost of a Mini FACE LIFT ?

And are Threadlifts alternatives to FAce lift or do they have their limitations?

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 10:32 pm

[quote="kwelll"]
I apologise if i have sent the wrong impression that I had wanted "SAME look he had before with silicone" - I must confess this was and is never my view with the aforesaid and am very surprised you had expressed this in writing. I am also of the opinion that my nose before the surgery i.e. "giving way" has absolutely NO direct relevance to the issue in question. I am also puzzled as to how you came to the conclusion that I "wanted a high bridge and that I did not want to use rib cartilage" ?? Please advise

BTW, I hope your hump on your nose is nothing but swelling as you did mention you`re going back to Dr Jung for a revision plus nostril concealment.

Hey Kwell,

Cos you mentioned this op by Dr. Jung produced a much different one from yr previous silicon implant n you said somewhere (in context) rib cartilage was not an option. Thus, in context, I thot those were yr opinion and preference. Sorry, i'll take long time to figure out whether in pm or in yr previous post - if I am wrong then SORRY pal! :wink:

Anyway, Coby's pm came to me at the height of your discussion with others on yr problem with dr. Jung's work. I do not think it was anyone's fault but her increased anxiety by those discussion of goretex and pre-op jittery - which we all seemed to experience.

(Coby, if you are reading this, I hope you are healing well. :-) )

As for my hump, I was indeed clarifying if it wld subside ENUF (Ocean11 assured me it wld when we met). It was really not appealing to me.

Anyway, 50 days post-operative, I am glad to report it has subsided (tho not totally). It's at a stage I am no longer bothered by it. All other swells are now gone. Cheek a little chubbier from fat graft than previously but can accept cos most said it makes me younger.

Right from the beginning, my intention for revision is to cover more of my nostrils, my alar is healing well but since cartilage was not used to extend alar, I/Dr. Jung wld not expect we will see the desired results even 6mths post-operative.

BTW, I will be visiting Dr. Jung for 2nd fat graft in early Sep, we will review my nose and I'll post his opinion. Hv no time to do alar revision in Sep, I'll do it in Dec.

cheers!
dmn

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 10:38 pm

kwelll wrote:
Hey DMN,

I thought you might appreciate the nose of the above-mentioned albeit I dont particularly crave for a tip of such kind, but yes she does look miles better and more sophisticated, perhaps?

I only wish Dr. Toriumi has more examples of his work on augmentation on an oriental as it would give us a better understanding (or appreciation) of his work in a better perspective as one example is hardly conclusive, be it good or bad or average. We should also judge the average never the extremes in anything in life.

Kwell: yes, I agree it does make her look more refined and prettier but this IS typical Ke Fu nose. BIG no no for ladies. - too bony and sharp. Personally, if I hv such a natural nose I wld go for rhinoplasty. Am definitely amazed tho with Dr. Toriumi's work - well structured. cheers.

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 10:47 pm

DMN wrote:Hi!

Good luck!
dmn
wow i cant tell if tt was a done nose...

Anyway are there any other Dr near SG tt practises rhinoplasty with placement of a costal cartilage rib graft to her bridge and tip. She also had a costal cartilage strut to support her tip.?????

that tip is really nice and natural.. she looks like a model.

How much wd a procedure like tis cost?
Last edited by WAsadeha on Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:02 pm

DMN wrote:
kwelll wrote:
Hey DMN,

Kwell: yes, I agree it does make her look more refined and prettier but this IS typical Ke Fu nose. BIG no no for ladies. - too bony and sharp. Personally, if I hv such a natural nose I wld go for rhinoplasty. Am definitely amazed tho with Dr. Toriumi's work - well structured. cheers.

YEAH... i love it when you are back here..... funny ! Then you dont wanna see my nose now............. i might lose my fortune away!!! Thanks for your thoughts..... I really do mean it.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:11 pm

mynose! wrote:DMN: HEY U WENT TO DR JUNG RIGHT....SO U USED GORTEC FOR UR BRIDGE AND DONORS CARTILAGE FOR TIP PROJECTION AM I RIGHT?....HOW COME U DIDNT USE OUR OWN SEPTAL OR INNER EAR CARTILAGE?.....IF U DONT MIND ME ASKING WITH GORTEX, I DONT KNOW HOW LONG U HAVE HAD IT FOR BUT ARENT U WORRIED ABOUT INFECTION CAUSED AS IT STILL OCCURS AFTER 6 MONTHS OF OPERATION AND AT THAT POINT THE SIDE EFFECTS WOULD BE WORSE BECAUSE OF THE DAMAGE IT WOULD CAUSE FROM HAVING IT REMOVED?....;im considering dr jung so im trying to find out useful info...
im gonna ask my korean friends who they consider top surgeons in korea cuase they would know more right?
Woah, mynose, you dun need to use some many capital letters, I can read you fine leh...

Well, IF you hv read the whole thread, you wld read somewhere I wrote tt I wanted 100% autologous but opt to accept dr. Jung's proposal last min. My septal was probably too short to extend my short nose so he used donor's cartilage during op and I am alright with it.

I wld hate silicon look on my nose - soft or hard I hv seen it all. The often sharp and pointy effect even on a good job defeats the prime reason why I did rhinoplasty - for Mian Xiang. It is an area I am professionally trained and hv researched for more than 10 yrs so I know my stuff in Ma Yi Shen Xiang - Mian Xiang classics.

As for goretex's side effects, I hv read enuf research n reports myself, thanks for yr concern. I disagree that post 6 mths infection rate is high enuf for concerns. I think those who hv not read the whole thread is missing something. Another forummer post abt goretex being in used for rhino longer enuf and the rate is not higher than silicon. Go search for yrself please.

My day job requires me to assess risk as often as I breathe. The BEST principle in trading is to stop loss. I.e. in rhinoplasty, if your threhold for risk is limit low, then the only option is not to do it. But once you are prepare to accept the associated risk with whatever choice of implants, then the doc's skill, experience and integrity are VERY impt qualities.

Yes, by all mean, go check out with your friends and assess dr Jung for yourself.

Good luck! :wink:

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:23 pm

WAsadeha wrote: Anyway are there any other Dr near SG tt practises rhinoplasty with placement of a costal cartilage rib graft to her bridge and tip. She also had a costal cartilage strut to support her tip.?????

that tip is really nice and natural.. she looks like a model.

How much wd a procedure like tis cost?
WAsadeha: ALL autologous implant incl. costal. if this Vietnamese lady who was an understudy at that time with Dr. Toruimi is practising in Vietnam perhaps that is one choice. I wld not know how you can find her tho.....

Another choice is Dr. Hsu a Taiwanese student of Dr. Toruimi. http://www.ychsu.com There r oso 1-2 others in Taiwan but I read another forum there r complaints with their skill and integrity.

But if you are a fan of the master himself then the obvious choice is to make yr way to the States.

hv not heard of any doc in SG who does 100% autologous implant, if you do please let rest of us know.

mynose!

Post by mynose! » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:24 pm

DMN hey sorry for the captials....hahha
i was writing in capptials i didnt know and i could be bothered going back to change it so as soon as i knew it i was typed normally! ahhhaha

but yea thansk for the info....just really confused about whether to use gortec but i dont know until i see dr jung!

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:25 pm

DMN wrote:
mynose! wrote:DMN: HEY U WENT TO DR JUNG RIGHT....SO U USED GORTEC FOR UR BRIDGE AND DONORS CARTILAGE FOR TIP PROJECTION AM I RIGHT?....HOW COME U DIDNT USE OUR OWN SEPTAL OR INNER EAR CARTILAGE?.....IF U DONT MIND ME ASKING WITH GORTEX, I DONT KNOW HOW LONG U HAVE HAD IT FOR BUT ARENT U WORRIED ABOUT INFECTION CAUSED AS IT STILL OCCURS AFTER 6 MONTHS OF OPERATION AND AT THAT POINT THE SIDE EFFECTS WOULD BE WORSE BECAUSE OF THE DAMAGE IT WOULD CAUSE FROM HAVING IT REMOVED?....;im considering dr jung so im trying to find out useful info...
Woah, mynose, you dun need to use some many capital letters, I can read you fine leh...

Well, IF you hv read the whole thread, you wld read somewhere I wrote tt I wanted 100% autologous but opt to accept dr. Jung's proposal last min. My septal was probably too short to extend my short nose so he used donor's cartilage during op and I am alright with it.

I wld hate silicon look on my nose - soft or hard I hv seen it all. The often sharp and pointy effect even on a good job defeats the prime reason why I did rhinoplasty - for Mian Xiang. It is an area I am professionally trained and hv researched for more than 10 yrs so I know my stuff in Ma Yi Shen Xiang - Mian Xiang classics.

As for goretex's side effects, I hv read enuf research n reports myself, thanks for yr concern. I disagree that post 6 mths infection rate is high enuf for concerns. I think those who hv not read the whole thread is missing something. Another forummer post abt goretex being in used for rhino longer enuf and the rate is not higher than silicon. Go search for yrself please.

My day job requires me to assess risk as often as I breathe. The BEST principle in trading is to stop loss. I.e. in rhinoplasty, if your threhold for risk is limit low, then the only option is not to do it. But once you are prepare to accept the associated risk with whatever choice of implants, then the doc's skill, experience and integrity are VERY impt qualities.

Yes, by all mean, go check out with your friends and assess dr Jung for yourself.

Good luck! :wink:

AGREED! Hey pal, mynose (hahaha) is a really nice lady... we have been chatting all night as I am typing.... she is Korean American... her nose looks very fine to me, all she needs is refining of the bridge (she has plenty of bone) to make it narrower and sharper.....

mynose: Stay away from implants if you dont need it..... as I said, yours is a marginal case and I would crave for it... try fillers for the radix first. But your chin... we agreed!

LOL

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:30 pm

kwelll wrote:
YEAH... i love it when you are back here..... funny ! Then you dont wanna see my nose now............. i might lose my fortune away!!! Thanks for your thoughts..... I really do mean it.
No problem, Kwell. I learn Chinese Metaphsics not for superstitions or juz to accept 'fate'. (It contains so much of wisdom and at end of the day I am studying the planetary positions in relation to mother earth). Please do strive for your personal 'best' nose and dun lose your spirit in your pursuit. :wink:

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:35 pm

DMN wrote:
kwelll wrote:
No problem, Kwell. I learn Chinese Metaphsics not for superstitions or juz to accept 'fate'. (It contains so much of wisdom and at end of the day I am studying the planetary positions in relation to mother earth). Please do strive for your personal 'best' nose and dun lose your spirit in your pursuit. :wink:
Hey, we gotta meet one day... (after I rectify my most important feature) haha....... I must learn more from you ... mum is an ardent fan of man xiang too... told her to conceal her nostril cos its way exposed... no wonder she cant keep her purse tight !!! Hate it.............. love her but we dont quite see eye to eye on most occasions............. anything to do with MAN XIANG? or KER XIANG? (OPSS) Am probably off to Japan next week to check out the place............. got a friend there....do it right once and for all !