Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
zov

Post by zov » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:23 am

Hi,
how serious is your sinus? For me I can't sleep in air-con room as I will sneeze in the middle of the night. If it's too dusty, I will sneeze as well. I had my nose job done in feb. so far so good except during the recovery period is quite suffering as I keep sneezing (my place got construction going on)and it can be quite painful. I'm currently in melbourne going through the winter with no problem so far.

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 4:56 pm

Hoho!! alittle bit of free time so read thru some.. hehe..

it seem like you guys still debating goretex and silicone.. ask me ma! i have both experience.. hehehe..

Grumpy99, it might be too early to say the sillicone look natural for ur case, cos the silicone will only look un-natural after few years.. like my case, i personally like silicone effect cos it nicer in the beinginning, after a few years, you can see some changes, my skin became thin, esp the bridge you see the silicone abit, my skin color changed also.. the tip became too sharp.. i thou i am the "sway" one.. but after looking at my fren do it at Dr W******. having the same prob now.. it getting more faking feeling, can tell that having a nose job done.. the bridge discolored sometime also.. and not only her la.. i got a few frens also having the same prob for silicone.. from different doc.
come to think of it, i got lotsa 'fake' frens!! hehehe.. :P

to be frank, i don really like goretex material, cos it cant be like silicone sharp, straight, refine and nice.. but it really very natural that is like my own nose. but ofcos it only my 2mths plus, so it still very early to say as well.. sicaly also like silicone after a few years became fake also!!! :o

So i will suggest you guys stop debating on which material is good, cos non of them are perfect. so just be it.. if u more comfortable silicone den put silicone lor.. if u prefer goretex then insert goretex la!!! aiyo.. don know why u guys argue about lor..
Will make ppls confused one, and make those ppls already used silicone worried whether to change to goretex, those that use goretex worried whether they had make a right choice!!? best is let ur doc decide.. tio bor?? hehehe.. :D

grumpy99 wrote:Hi, I have a silicone implant but I don't think Goretex would be a better choice for me. Simply because if I really don't like my nose after the surgery, I can easily have the silicone implant removed. If I had Goretex and I don't like it, that's it and I'll be stuck with it.

About the silicone implant "shifting", I don't think you have to worry if your surgery is done by a good doctor. My implant is straight as an arrow, and after 5 days, I started to sleep on one side and now, on 13th day, it's still very straight and tight. Shifting, I think, is quite uncommon.

About the silicone implant looking fake, I think that's untrue. Those who have seen my new nose say it looks really natural. Asian skin can take silicone very well, so it's unlikely the nose will look fake.

prettyface07 wrote:
Hi who,

That means goretex is a better choice!
I have plan to do Rhinoplasty & Epi or double eyelid,Target place Korea.
Do you all know which doctor is better DR Jung or Kim.
Pls advise
I will be going for consultation to both doctors with my gal friends.
They also interested in plastic surgery.

Thanks
Faces

fushiacotton

Re: Bangkok Rhinoplasty And Silicone

Post by fushiacotton » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 5:10 pm

prettyface07 wrote:
WAsadeha wrote:Hey guys, I consulted a few Top surgeons( in Bangkok regarding Rhinoplasty, and all discourage use of gortex.

Another interesting fact, is when i asked abt Rib cartilage, the Professor said paitenets shd be at least 40 yrs old or the cartilage will be too weak.

Anyway all Surgeons recommended Silicone(tho they do have gortex)

I personally seen gortex and its really like Styro form. It really looks weak.

its also hard to mould.

I think other than feeling soft and giving a natural feel if one shd touch the nose, it gives little definition and thus result.

It seems like Silicone is the tried and tested material and is still regarded as the best choice for now altho i still find it hard?( anyone feel this way too?)

ANYONE KNOWS OF A MATERIAL that can give good definiton while remaining soft?

Also, some dr recommended me to do the implant first b4 doing anything else. They say that doing a few procedures simultaneously, is not ideal as you cannot predict how the nose will settle down after the implant??
Hi,

What about man-made ear cartiges?
Do you know the info about it?

Thanks
Faces

40 years old in order to use rib cartilage? Are you kidding? 40 = half my life gone. What's the pt.

I was thinking of using cartilage to minimize trouble in the future, like the hassle of taking out silicone and then using rib cartilage and all that, but then now with all the comments about silicone I cant really make up my mind.

ocean7k

Vaser Liposelection

Post by ocean7k » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 5:43 pm

Dear Jang,

Would like to check with you the entensiveness of vaser lipo that you have done.

i.e. do you really have lots of fat? or for your frens who went for it, are they the real plump type.

I am those that has fats but at the same time some muscle, therefore with my height only at 160cm, my BMI is 25.8

I have fats (saggy ones on my arms due to rapid wt drp in 2005) arms (saggy type), thick level of fats on my back, stomach, tummy and inner thighs, some on out thighs but lots of celulites.

Therefore, wonder does Vaser Liposelection really can make me look average.

You may want to reply me at [email protected]

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Jang wrote:Hi chixie,

The ad you see in Her World is not advertise by Dr BC Ng.
BCNG laser & Aesthetics founder is Dr Ng and he use to own the clinic many many liao! Bussiness is so good that he had more parnters to join him, but didn't work out well and he left and set up his own new clinic name Dr BC NG Aesthetics in goldhill plaza.

Alots of his patients follow him as he have shifted to his new clinic.
I would highly recommend him if you are looking for a good honest Aesthetic dotor, I've done my Vaser lipo with him and very satisfied with my result! And so do my other friends who had when to him for botox and vvaser, and now I'm also thinking of doing Vitamin C Drip. Anyone out there care to share the result?
chixie wrote:hi pple, been reading about this Dr ng whose clinic is at Goldhill Plaza.well, the thing is i juz saw this ad in Her World yesterday and it is published by this aesthetic clinic called BCNG laser & Aesthetics.Seems like it's open by Dr ng but the address of the place is Different!
it actually located at Novena square 2 (still quite near to goldhill lah...)wanted to seek consultation as the reviews were quite good abt him..
So now i'm kinda confused.Has anyone been to the one at novena square?

Also has anybody tried the onlyaesthetics clinic ? they have been doin ads v aggressively in the mags, promotions were also quite attractive but how is it? anybody tried b4?
-------------------------------
Have a nice day!!!

grumpy99

Post by grumpy99 » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 6:32 pm

Hi ocean11, thanks for your input! Really good to hear from you again!

Yup I know with any implant in your body there could be problems next time, but that could be years down the road when medical technology is more advanced and I'm not too worried about it. I'm also not terribly concerned about my tip thinning cos my implant is the I-shaped implant, not L, so my nose tip is mostly my own nose. Dr Chuang also said my skin's very thick!

After how many years did you change to Goretex?? I think if I ever remove the implant, I'll not put anything else back in.

Right now, I'm reaching 3 weeks post-surgery and my nose bridge is still quite high. I wonder if it'd go down some more.. It's such a nice nose, but it's making my eye area look eurasian, which I don't like.
ocean11 wrote:Hoho!! alittle bit of free time so read thru some.. hehe..

it seem like you guys still debating goretex and silicone.. ask me ma! i have both experience.. hehehe..

Grumpy99, it might be too early to say the sillicone look natural for ur case, cos the silicone will only look un-natural after few years.. like my case, i personally like silicone effect cos it nicer in the beinginning, after a few years, you can see some changes, my skin became thin, esp the bridge you see the silicone abit, my skin color changed also.. the tip became too sharp.. i thou i am the "sway" one.. but after looking at my fren do it at Dr W******. having the same prob now.. it getting more faking feeling, can tell that having a nose job done.. the bridge discolored sometime also.. and not only her la.. i got a few frens also having the same prob for silicone.. from different doc.

to be frank, i don really like goretex material, cos it cant be like silicone sharp, straight, refine and nice.. but it really very natural that is like my own nose. but ofcos it only my 2mths plus, so it still very early to say as well.. sicaly also like silicone after a few years became fake also!!! :o

So i will suggest you guys stop debating on which material is good, cos non of them are perfect. so just be it.. if u more comfortable silicone den put silicone lor.. if u prefer goretex then insert goretex la!!! aiyo.. don know why u guys argue about lor..
Will make ppls confused one, and make those ppls already used silicone worried whether to change to goretex, those that use goretex worried whether they had make a right choice!!? best is let ur doc decide.. tio bor?? hehehe.. :D

grumpy99 wrote:Hi, I have a silicone implant but I don't think Goretex would be a better choice for me. Simply because if I really don't like my nose after the surgery, I can easily have the silicone implant removed. If I had Goretex and I don't like it, that's it and I'll be stuck with it.

About the silicone implant "shifting", I don't think you have to worry if your surgery is done by a good doctor. My implant is straight as an arrow, and after 5 days, I started to sleep on one side and now, on 13th day, it's still very straight and tight. Shifting, I think, is quite uncommon.

About the silicone implant looking fake, I think that's untrue. Those who have seen my new nose say it looks really natural. Asian skin can take silicone very well, so it's unlikely the nose will look fake.

prettyface07 wrote:
Hi who,

Pls advise

Thanks
Faces

eunhwan

Post by eunhwan » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:52 am

Hi all, I have a question.

I have eyelids that are kind of droopy at the outer corners and I don't really like this.

I like this girl's eyes.
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9593/151ti7fg1.jpg

Does anyone know if lateral epicanthoplasty can help my droopy outer corners? I mean I know its probably not possible to make it like the above picture, but I was just wondering is there anyway to make my eyes less droopy.

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 4:31 am

prettyface07 wrote:
Hi who,

Pls advise

Thanks
Faces
wahhaha welcome back Ocean11 da jie! haha

So good to hear from you again! yeah lor... I read till blur also.. personally debating between goretex and silicon too.

If goretex can hantam and be perfect at the 1st shot and last lifetime.. the its happily ever after!!!! :D

Anyway, how is your nose looking now?
Do you find that goretex nose at the bridge is wider than silicon?
New nose please~

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:38 pm

grumpy99 wrote:Hi ocean11, thanks for your input! Really good to hear from you again!

Yup I know with any implant in your body there could be problems next time, but that could be years down the road when medical technology is more advanced and I'm not too worried about it. I'm also not terribly concerned about my tip thinning cos my implant is the I-shaped implant, not L, so my nose tip is mostly my own nose. Dr Chuang also said my skin's very thick!

After how many years did you change to Goretex?? I think if I ever remove the implant, I'll not put anything else back in.

Right now, I'm reaching 3 weeks post-surgery and my nose bridge is still quite high. I wonder if it'd go down some more.. It's such a nice nose, but it's making my eye area look eurasian, which I don't like.

Dear
my silicone nose only lasted for 1 yr, then it start giving prob.. my fren lasted longer, her nose is already 3yrs old liao!! Happy birthday nose!! hehehe.. Her Dr also said her skin very thick, but in the end also like that ma.. so sometime we just listen as a pinch of salt.. only time will tell, cos dr also not god, they cant predict the furture.
btw, i used I and L before, so no diff between them, i am talking about the changed color for the bridge not the tip.

i knew someone that using silicone for almost 30 yrs!! her nose also no prob! that is why i say depend on individual la..

if u can see, my comment are more on neutral and thru experience..
no offend to anyone.. i really think those that use silicone, don kept saying goretex bad, those that used goretex, don kept saying silicone unsafe.. cos nobody know til times tell.. be fair to others, they will keep thinking whether they have make the right choice, will make ppls go ga ga!! not very nice lor..
*not everybody like me so strong one ok!! hahahahahahaha.. (actually i am one of em that's worried!!) hahahhahaha.. see!! i ki siao liao!!! :lol:

Keennose,
my nose now ok lor.. compare to silicone, ofcos silicone more refine lor.. but one thing for sure, no worries on certain lighting, nose silicone can see.. but hor, yes you are rite.. the bridge thicker.. not as nice as silicone.. so depend wat you want lor.. for me.. i want it nice and natural, but it seem unliking lay.. haiz.. see how la.. if got time.. mabe go back to Dr Jung again.. see wat he can moitfy my nose again.. kaoz.. really want to call myself MJ liao!! :shock:

shoe_girl

Post by shoe_girl » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 2:37 pm

Has anyone on this forum heard of Dr Tseng? Here is his website: http://www.drtseng.com.tw/ Im quite interested in going to him now. I know he is a nose specialist, but how is he with doing eyes? Any info would be appreciated! :)

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 2:49 pm

ocean11 wrote:
grumpy99 wrote:Hi ocean11, thanks for your input! Really good to hear from you again!

Dear
my silicone nose only lasted for 1 yr, then it start giving prob.. my fren lasted longer, her nose is already 3yrs old liao!! Happy birthday nose!! hehehe.. Her Dr also said her skin very thick, but in the end also like that ma.. so sometime we just listen as a pinch of salt.. only time will tell, cos dr also not god, they cant predict the furture.
btw, i used I and L before, so no diff between them, i am talking about the changed color for the bridge not the tip.

i knew someone that using silicone for almost 30 yrs!! her nose also no prob! that is why i say depend on individual la..

if u can see, my comment are more on neutral and thru experience..
no offend to anyone.. i really think those that use silicone, don kept saying goretex bad, those that used goretex, don kept saying silicone unsafe.. cos nobody know til times tell.. be fair to others, they will keep thinking whether they have make the right choice, will make ppls go ga ga!! not very nice lor..
*not everybody like me so strong one ok!! hahahahahahaha.. (actually i am one of em that's worried!!) hahahhahaha.. see!! i ki siao liao!!! :lol:

Keennose,
my nose now ok lor.. compare to silicone, ofcos silicone more refine lor.. but one thing for sure, no worries on certain lighting, nose silicone can see.. but hor, yes you are rite.. the bridge thicker.. not as nice as silicone.. so depend wat you want lor.. for me.. i want it nice and natural, but it seem unliking lay.. haiz.. see how la.. if got time.. mabe go back to Dr Jung again.. see wat he can moitfy my nose again.. kaoz.. really want to call myself MJ liao!! :shock:
I really agree with you lah.... the material depends on individual.. and maybe abit of luck? Heng sway.. haha :lol:

Most importantly is to go to a doctor you trust and leave it in his hands lor.
Of course must do enough research lah...

When you say that your nose bridge is thicker... is it very very thick? Or just slightly thicker as compared to silicon?

Did he use those soft stripes of goretex on you or those shaped types.. like I shape goretex?

Now your nose should have deswell more as compare to previously right?
How leh? Still not totally satisfied with it? heehee
New nose please~

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 3:18 pm

Also, I just read from someone that nose tips made by SEPTAL cartilage is harder as compared to using EAR cartilage (which is softer).

Since I havent seen a septal defined nose tip let alone touch it, I really cant imagine how hard it can be.

Does anyone here have a septal defined nose tip? Purely septal cartilage.
Can anyone share their experience?

Is it really hard?
New nose please~

prettyface07

Nose

Post by prettyface07 » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 3:24 pm

Hi all,

Don't worry too much guys/gals,whether is silicon or gore-tex,as long you have the confident with which implant you choose,Just do it.

Touch wood, if any thing goes wrong just take it out la.

I have met alot of ppl which implant silicon first after a few years they take it out & change to Gore-tex,after another few years change to cartridges.It is very commom now adays.

With the lastest technology in PS,Qing fun yi bai ge xin.
Just Do It, Yeah!

Thanks
Faces
Wish to be in beauty heaven

mynose!

Post by mynose! » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 3:28 pm

SHOEGIRL....OMG HE IS GOOOOOD!...wow they are the best consistent looking results i have seen from any surgeons website....any idea how much he charges?...

Grumpy99.....u did your nose right?..and u say thtat i t makes u look more euro?..how soo?..heehee would u mind sharing a photo?

TO ANYONE WHO HAS ALREADY HAD RHINO?> after u do your nose,,,does the width between your eyes decrease?..so do your eyes look more closer together?

kwelll: where are u...uve been so quiet on this forum..but then again so have i

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 7:29 pm

keenose wrote:Also, I just read from someone that nose tips made by SEPTAL cartilage is harder as compared to using EAR cartilage (which is softer).

Since I havent seen a septal defined nose tip let alone touch it, I really cant imagine how hard it can be.

Does anyone here have a septal defined nose tip? Purely septal cartilage.
Can anyone share their experience?

Is it really hard?
Hi Keenose,

Wonder if you`re the same person as the one I chatted with on MSN with the same nickname " Keenose" Haha.... "she" told me she is "Korean" and sent me a few photos supposedly hers but I really doubt so cos her nose is too nice to touch let alone augment it! LOL

I do have SEPTAL cartilage transfer on my tip. I would not classify it as "hard" but it feels like any other normal nose tips (go touch it for real) although i do have a columella strut so perhaps it makes it harder?? LOL

IF one cannot decide on the material to use on his/her nose, I suggest you LEAVE IT AS IT IS and give the thought a rest because either way, someone somewhere would be unhappy because (right) it is NOT perfect. I am beginning to wonder if people really understand or read posts clearly... the beating round the bush is really over the top ! (MORE OF THE SAME !!)

Hate it or love it, get your facts right and MOVE ON ...:))

Happy nose hunting.... I found my nose and love it to bits! Am BACK, mynose !! Whats up ??

Kwell

PS( Am a happy bunny )
Last edited by kwelll on Thu, 23 Aug 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Thu, 23 Aug 2007 7:38 pm

shoe_girl wrote:Has anyone on this forum heard of Dr Tseng? Here is his website: http://www.drtseng.com.tw/ Im quite interested in going to him now. I know he is a nose specialist, but how is he with doing eyes? Any info would be appreciated! :)

Now, this is more interesting !! Who is this lovely chap? I see some interesting work here, but some are aweful. Do you guys like the first example: http://www.drtseng.com.tw/index.html

I love the second patient's augmented nose - its natural looking with lovely height at radix, smooth bridge, beautiful angle between nose tip and upper lip with strong alar. 7/10 !

Anyone here knows more of this chap? Charges
?