Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
bebea

Dr kao chuan hsiang

Post by bebea » Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:46 am

HI Pinkcherry 111,

Ive been on online consultation with Dr. Kao. he replies my email quite fast for any related questions about my plan.. its only the latest email where i asked for expectant photos.. he could be busy but it's only been about 5 days

What do u plan to do with dr kao? I plan to travel on june 1st till maybe june 13 th.. if u want we can travel together.. i stay at singapore n planning to stay at kan ning apartment since it's near kan ning hospital...

Buddypig

Re: cosmetic surgery

Post by Buddypig » Sun, 25 Apr 2010 4:33 pm

terrie35 wrote:
ferrari5454 wrote:Hi terrie35,

today i see the Nanjing website they have big promotion now :)

Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't understand Mandarin. When are you going?
Hi ferrari5454,

I'm new here. Been reading this forum discussion for quite sometime. I log on to Nanjing website and Really most of the surgeons are from Korea. Thank you for sharing this website. Had a nose job done many years ago in singapore but not good now. Bridge too thin, nostril looks wide. Made my face looks like there's a pyramid in the centre.

Seems like terrie35 is kind of interested but don't understand Mandarin. I'm interested too. I could speak Mandarin. I'm going to make enquiries to Nanjing. If terrie35 needs help i could help out. Wonder if anyone keen to do any surgery at Nanjing, we could travel together for companionship.

Buddypig

mandeline Yap

Post by mandeline Yap » Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:58 pm

blankitty wrote:Hi all!
anyone know which PS is the best for a subtle result rhinoplasty??
like, not too high bridge, no elephant nose, just myself but only more defined and sharper ( more defined tip & nostrils )

and anyone knows PS who perforn chin augmentation with fat grafting??

Thanks in advance! <3
Blankitty,

You can seek for Malaysia doctor if you want. Many Singaporean come to Malaysia do their PS. Price is more reasonable. I just had my rhinoplasty last month and I can go back to work the next day with no down time. Is amazing, rite? Email me if you want to know further. [email protected]
Myap

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:30 am

mandeline Yap wrote:
like, not too high bridge, no elephant nose, just myself but only more defined and sharper ( more defined tip & nostrils )

Thanks in advance! <3
Blankitty,

You can seek for Malaysia doctor if you want. Many Singaporean come to Malaysia do their PS. Price is more reasonable. I just had my rhinoplasty last month and I can go back to work the next day with no down time. Is amazing, rite? Email me if you want to know further. [email protected]
isn't thailand even more reasonable? what rhinoplasty does not require downtime? unless using fillers?
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

mandeline Yap

Post by mandeline Yap » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 9:48 am

aadvark wrote:
mandeline Yap wrote:

Thanks in advance! <3
Blankitty,

isn't thailand even more reasonable? what rhinoplasty does not require downtime? unless using fillers?
Hi aadvark,

Is very minimal downtime like swallon on the face area near the nose but my colleague can't notice. Nobody spot my face changes, funny rite??

The first night you will suffer coz your face have to adapt to the foreign part but the 2nd night you will getting better and after a week you're able to press your nose as usual. Filler is only temporary solution.

I heard Thailand is very cheap less than SGD500 but if you need to review, you have to travel all the way to Thailand again. This is my concern. For Malaysia doctors I have seen a few patients done under this doc that why I choose her. I just give my personal opinion and share my experinces....you guys can choose any doctors your want at your comfortable level. Pls seek for consultation before you decide. Tks
Myap

Gbaby

Post by Gbaby » Sun, 02 May 2010 1:09 pm

Hi anyone going to Taiwan this year for doing surgery with dr jong? Am finding kakis to go there even with diff dr also can, just go together to accompany nia..... arrrr.... so despo now....

lovebear

Post by lovebear » Mon, 03 May 2010 3:16 pm

Even rhinoplasty with fillers cause a bit of bruising and will swell.

Colleagues rarely will notice, unless extremely close ones. But people like family, hubby or bf will definitely know you had done something (if they are not aware of).

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

nose

Post by terrie35 » Mon, 03 May 2010 4:50 pm

Anyone can tell me how long after a rhino job then you can squeeze blackheads on the nose?

How long does it take for the tip with cartilage to be soft again like pre-op?

When can we treat the nose like normal again after a rhino job?

Many thanks!!

guggulipid

Post by guggulipid » Wed, 05 May 2010 11:41 pm

coco wrote:
limhk84 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Hello, I just did upper eyelid surgery a few months back and is now looking forward to do a revision. (Btw, I did my surgery because I had a drooping eyelid).

Will it be okay for me to go to another surgeon for the revision, instead of my original one? Coz I don't really trust him anymore...

Is Woffles really good at doing upper eyelid surgery? I know he charges a high price... so I don't want to regret spending that amount of money. Hm, has anyone here ever done upper eyelid revision under him? You can PM me.
Sorry, this is me. I'd forgotten to logged in.
Hi Limhk84

I am having the same problem as yours, thinking to remove my puffy eyelid. which surgeon did you go to and why dun you like the result?
how long does it take for the swollen to settle and look normal. 3 month enough? i will be getting married end october this year. not sure whether should do it now
3 months are definitely not enough for you to look natural. unless you inject with human placenta which helps you recover even faster. i did double fold eyelids 2 years ago. took me around 1 year plus to look bit natural.
la la

ngngpopo

Post by ngngpopo » Fri, 07 May 2010 11:26 am

hi im also a newbie here,

first let me share my experience with singapore doc ar mount e, i felt like got kick out asap after i was done with the surgery, its filler on lip, nose n cheeks (nose n cheeks was recommended by the doc) since i have already paid e fees...
staffs was terrible, so unfriendly, come on... we paid a few thousands bucks here, and the treatment was as if we are just at the fast food restaurant.
the price was 3k plus. didnt compare with doctor overseas before, so not sure is cheap or ex, but i suppose its ex with that kind of service i got.

secondly, i am planning for breast implant, did some survey, singapore doctor sounded with high standard simply because its in singapore, but when come to experience wise, i am not sure, i do believe in if the doctor has performed many time the surgery, he will have better control over the results. so i plan to go korea, i found BK hospital, Migo hospital and Dream hospital, they seems to be the famous one, many china women go to these few for surgery, and Dream hospital has got a branch in Shanghai, i am not sure about the feedback, but heard ppl comment that korean n thai after op service is way better than singapore. i guess its true after the one i got in mount e.

gals, please share your experience with korean doctor and which hospital u have been to....

bluesleek22

Soon

Post by bluesleek22 » Wed, 12 May 2010 7:15 am

leaving for seoul in end may for rhinoplasty with dr kim jin young of anacli clinic. hope everything turns out well.

turnerdhr
Regular
Regular

Post by turnerdhr » Wed, 12 May 2010 1:02 pm

ngngpopo wrote:hi im also a newbie here,

first let me share my experience with singapore doc ar mount e, i felt like got kick out asap after i was done with the surgery, its filler on lip, nose n cheeks (nose n cheeks was recommended by the doc) since i have already paid e fees...
staffs was terrible, so unfriendly, come on... we paid a few thousands bucks here, and the treatment was as if we are just at the fast food restaurant.
the price was 3k plus. didnt compare with doctor overseas before, so not sure is cheap or ex, but i suppose its ex with that kind of service i got.

secondly, i am planning for breast implant, did some survey, singapore doctor sounded with high standard simply because its in singapore, but when come to experience wise, i am not sure, i do believe in if the doctor has performed many time the surgery, he will have better control over the results. so i plan to go korea, i found BK hospital, Migo hospital and Dream hospital, they seems to be the famous one, many china women go to these few for surgery, and Dream hospital has got a branch in Shanghai, i am not sure about the feedback, but heard ppl comment that korean n thai after op service is way better than singapore. i guess its true after the one i got in mount e.

gals, please share your experience with korean doctor and which hospital u have been to....

Singapore PS. hahahaa..... what a joke..... the old doctors are so conservative... the young ones have no idea what they are doing..... and ALL are plain arrogant and rude. Thank goodness for the internet and the discovery of GREAT PS in Bangkok, KOREA and Taiwan. Phew! Now, all those Dr. "High and Mighty" in Singapore cannot make easy money anymore..... haiz ... imagine charging me $90 for just a 3 minute consultation.... CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i am sure, in terms of understanding the the aesthetics of PS, someone like "AADVARK" on this forum will know just as much if not more...!!!!

sweetsurrender

Post by sweetsurrender » Fri, 14 May 2010 4:38 pm

i've also been doing research for awhile..
was set on dr. kao before i realised some people were not happy with his work after some time as due to reabsorption of the rib cartilage he uses for nose..

even those famous ones like korea's dr. kim or yanhee also got their own detractors..

very confused now.. wanna consider sg surgeons since it's more convenient but not sure if their work is any good either n besides very ex..

it seems like no matter how famous whichever surgeon is for their work, there will always be people who don't like their work. Which makes me even more confused.

I wanna go for a rhino but don't want drastic changes..just to raise nose bridge and define tip a little.. planning to do it sometime mid or end of next year.. don't mind considering overseas either, if i can find someone to join me. if anyone is doing the same and don't mind sharing/doing research together, do pm me (:

Will continue following this forum, and thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences generously (:

summerpeach

Post by summerpeach » Sat, 15 May 2010 10:25 pm

Jovin

I was wondering where u go for your jaw botox.
Can kindly share?
I cant pm u as not enuf posts..

[quote="jovinliu"]Oh man your surgery had really gone wayyyyyyyyyy wrong! The swelling and bruising looks really terrible.

Why did you choose Kalo? Before going to them, you should have done your homework by doing reference checking. I personally never think that their work is impressive.

You really have to make an urgent appointment with one of the better plastic surgeons in Singapore to rectify your problem IMMEDIATELY. Don't procastinate, don't even bother sourcing for cheaper alternatives. You won't want to risk your eyesight because you want to save a few more pennies. From what I can see from your photos, your current condition is really critical and very, very bad. Please act on it as soon as possible. Going to A&E is not appropriate; they treat sickness and acute conditions like heart attack, accidents etc, not failed plastic surgery procedures. The most they can do for you is maybe prescribing anti-biotics, you need to go to the right doctor to save yourself.

You can try to sue Kalo, but not forgetting you are not malaysian and honestly, I think the chance of you winning the lawsuit is slim. Up to your own decision.

/Jovin

mandeline Yap

Post by mandeline Yap » Sat, 15 May 2010 11:28 pm

summerpeach wrote:Jovin

I was wondering where u go for your jaw botox.
Can kindly share?
I cant pm u as not enuf posts..
jovinliu wrote:Oh man your surgery had really gone wayyyyyyyyyy wrong! The swelling and bruising looks really terrible.

Why did you choose Kalo? Before going to them, you should have done your homework by doing reference checking. I personally never think that their work is impressive.

You really have to make an urgent appointment with one of the better plastic surgeons in Singapore to rectify your problem IMMEDIATELY. Don't procastinate, don't even bother sourcing for cheaper alternatives. You won't want to risk your eyesight because you want to save a few more pennies. From what I can see from your photos, your current condition is really critical and very, very bad. Please act on it as soon as possible. Going to A&E is not appropriate; they treat sickness and acute conditions like heart attack, accidents etc, not failed plastic surgery procedures. The most they can do for you is maybe prescribing anti-biotics, you need to go to the right doctor to save yourself.

You can try to sue Kalo, but not forgetting you are not malaysian and honestly, I think the chance of you winning the lawsuit is slim. Up to your own decision.

/Jovin
I do agreed. You still can sue kalo although you're not Malaysian. Seek advice from Malaysia lawyer/friends coz they had done many PS which cheated to public. They claims the PS done by local doctor but when you enter to the room you will heard the China doc conversation in their own language.

You will never see the doctor when you go for consultation. I'm also one of the victim. Their price was expensive and yet not giving the good quality....

Please take noted to those ladies/girls don't ever go to "KALO". They're not sincere at all.

How people know them? Bcos you can see their ads almost in every Malaysia's magazines.
Myap