Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:20 am

haha yea i reckon but to me its all good; i believe its a case of having realistic expectation?

I like the imaging as it lets the doctor have a better understanding of what his patient want.

Rather than doing mental planning or rough sketches, he has a clear picture to work with and i feel that is invaluable.

I feel there is too little/ work done or a lack of detail involved before the op usually; most of the time you would just tell the doctor a rough idea of what you want: a higher bridge, sharper tip etc, or at best provide him with a sample nose from a magazine of an artiste. The doctor draws from his experience and perhaps what he thinks you want to achieve and execute. bare in mind what he thinks you want and what you actually want may differ.

At the end of the day when it comes to the result phase, and the result is not what you wanted, its basically your problem and it becomes a case of your word vs the doctors word. Even if the Dr is at fault, he will not admit and probably say that you are been to hopeful or set too high of an expectation and that in reality, it is not possible.

Whereas if there is imaging, the Dr is the one who shows you the realistic predicted result; not the dream result. he by showing also exudes confidence. This is comforting.

There is also documentation to support both parties claim should there be any dispute.

babyk

Re: Dean Toriumi And Computer Imaging

Post by babyk » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 1:05 am

kwelll wrote:
WAsadeha wrote:
babyk wrote: Who is this guy?
Soorrie din explain myself; its DR DEAN T. from Chicago

OMG... hey girl, we`ve been on about Dr. Dean Toriumi for a few days now.... where were you ??? I suspect you do not read posts often, it is better you get acquainted with the topic especially if you are seriously interested in this subject.

Don`t fall behind, yeah !!! Have added you on MSN as requested.

Kwell
Kwell, I have read this thread from page 1 till now so please don't assume I haven't been reading. I asked because if you reread her post, it seems like she found a new doctor besides Dr. T from reading the first line. That is why I asked.

Whose MSN are you talking about? Because I don't remember requesting it or maybe I have? LOL :)

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 8:16 am

babyk wrote:
kwelll wrote:
WAsadeha wrote: Soorrie din explain myself; its DR DEAN T. from Chicago

OMG... hey girl, we`ve been on about Dr. Dean Toriumi for a few days now.... where were you ??? I suspect you do not read posts often, it is better you get acquainted with the topic especially if you are seriously interested in this subject.

Kwell
Kwell, I have read this thread from page 1 till now so please don't assume I haven't been reading. I asked because if you reread her post, it seems like she found a new doctor besides Dr. T from reading the first line. That is why I asked.

Whose MSN are you talking about? Because I don't remember requesting it or maybe I have? LOL :)

Oh babyk ...

I do find your post amusing enough for me to reply - please hold your horse and READ ! My post was a reply to WAsadeha, NOT you. LOL

Have a good day!

PS: (No, I don`t remember receiving any private message from you either ... keke)

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 8:29 am

WAsadeha wrote:haha yea i reckon but to me its all good; i believe its a case of having realistic expectation?

I like the imaging as it lets the doctor have a better understanding of what his patient want.

Rather than doing mental planning or rough sketches, he has a clear picture to work with and i feel that is invaluable.

I feel there is too little/ work done or a lack of detail involved before the op usually; most of the time you would just tell the doctor a rough idea of what you want: a higher bridge, sharper tip etc, or at best provide him with a sample nose from a magazine of an artiste. The doctor draws from his experience and perhaps what he thinks you want to achieve and execute. bare in mind what he thinks you want and what you actually want may differ.

At the end of the day when it comes to the result phase, and the result is not what you wanted, its basically your problem and it becomes a case of your word vs the doctors word. Even if the Dr is at fault, he will not admit and probably say that you are been to hopeful or set too high of an expectation and that in reality, it is not possible.

Whereas if there is imaging, the Dr is the one who shows you the realistic predicted result; not the dream result. he by showing also exudes confidence. This is comforting.

There is also documentation to support both parties claim should there be any dispute.
Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts - I do appreciate where you are coming from generally. May I add that during a consultation with the surgeon, it is imperative YOU make things clear WHAT you wish to be corrected and/or improved. Whatever tools you use to illustrate your point is irrelevant as long as you both execute it in the SAME direction. However, if the surgeon did not execute as advised or planned, then the fault shifts to him/her especially if you have given some sort of graphic illustrations, preferably signed, dated and filed. With regards to harbouring high expectations, well .... you go into a surgeons' office with confidence and what you expect thus it must be realistic. PS is not magic and cannot conform to certain unrealistic expection i.e. I want the clone of XX. Nonetheless, if the surgeon fails to deliver something as basic as say a straight bridge dorsum, then one cannot say the patient has too high or unrealistic unexpectation.

Now, what might one of the most obvious reasons be for the surgeons not having such an imaging facility in their clinics? Do you think they would provide you with a copy of the proposed image? Do you think it is fool proof? I really hope this is as simplistic as it seems to portray but in reality, we don`t often get exactly what we want which is perfectly acceptable, however, the question is the degree of discongruity. If its missed by 100 miles instead of say 10 , then I believe the surgeon in question owns you a darn good water proof explaination and more.

You are quite right to assume that most surgeons would try to brush things away when things do not go as planned, but by the same token, I seriously doubt they are going to put their heads on the chopping board just for you. This is not an ideal world and never will be - we can always try but when things do go amiss, post operative photos SPEAK A THOUSAND WORDS. I am fortunate in this sense to have worked with a honest surgeon so not bad at all but of course I can`t speak for everyone out there.

Kwell

babyk

Post by babyk » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:18 am

kwelll wrote:
babyk wrote:
kwelll wrote:

Kwell

Oh babyk ...

I do find your post amusing enough for me to reply - please hold your horse and READ ! My post was a reply to WAsadeha, NOT you. LOL

Have a good day!

PS: (No, I don`t remember receiving any private message from you either ... keke)
I'm sorry Kwell, I thought you were talking to me, now I can see how this got all misunderstood lol. Ok back on track :P

As far as this imaging is concerned most doctors I have been to or read about don't do it. I think it's also a cost factor & also the fact that the imaging might harbor unrealistic expectations because the results can vary greatly from a computer designing your face. I see how it can be comforting but also how doctors are also trying to save money & also not be held liable for a face that is not as expected. I do wonder how I would look like though on one of those imaging screens hehe :P

Coby

Post by Coby » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:37 am

DMN and Kwell and those who went to Dr. Jung,
How r u guys doing?
It's exactly a week since my surgery, and I'm hoping my nose to deswell quickly. The nose tip looks nice, but the bridge is a concern to me. My mom and I both see there's 2 lines on the nose bridge, which make it looks... fake, just like silicon does. Does any of you see the lines on the bridge? I'm super worried, and my face now looks kinda weird, too even though all the bruise and the swelling on my cheeks have all gone.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:13 am

Coby wrote:DMN and Kwell and those who went to Dr. Jung,
How r u guys doing?
It's exactly a week since my surgery, and I'm hoping my nose to deswell quickly. The nose tip looks nice, but the bridge is a concern to me. My mom and I both see there's 2 lines on the nose bridge, which make it looks... fake, just like silicon does. Does any of you see the lines on the bridge? I'm super worried, and my face now looks kinda weird, too even though all the bruise and the swelling on my cheeks have all gone.
Dear Coby,

Good to hear from you!

Dont know if my observation for mine case is same as yours.

I did worry in 1st two to three weeks or so about the bridge looking 'cyclinder' and yes there were like 2 slight lines on the side from front view. From week to week, it settles better, shape become more defined and more natural, 'lines' were gone from abt 3rd to 4th wk.

It is like lifting the tent sheet and throwing over on the poles n structure, the sheet fluffs and puffs a while before it settles nicely. (hahah, too many camping day :P )

Anyway, anything you arent sure please ask Dr. Jung if you are still there.

cheers,
dmn

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:27 am

Some days, I wake up thinking I hv a nice nose. While, other days I think it is not gd enuf.... but when i ask myself if this 'new' nose is better than my old short nose....everytime, i said YES to myself.

oso, I am even more happy to report as I did it for Mian Xiang...am already seeing promising things happening within 7 weeks postoperative. Despite working day and night I am ecstatic!!! :D :D :D

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:30 am

Kwell: Good luck on your Japan trip and hope you come back with the nose you want!!! :D Let me know by pm when u r ready to meet up. cheers!

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 2:04 pm

DMN wrote:Kwell: Good luck on your Japan trip and hope you come back with the nose you want!!! :D Let me know by pm when u r ready to meet up. cheers!
Hi dear...

What a hot day ! (well, its never cooling is it?)

Well... to be honest, am kinda jaded and tired of it all.... but do I have a choice? Yes I could sit back and pretend my nose is "OK" but being the person that I am, I have to confess I am realistic and optimistic about my future. It is a shame things turned out the way you least expect it but such is life and what one pays for living a full one. Am glad at least I`ve come to a compromise with my surgeon and I will take things in my stride but more importantly move on. Am wiser and stronger everyday and yes this forum has been my pillar of support and encouragement all these time with such wonderful people like yourself and the rest.

OK.... meet arh? Can..... but after I get my nose REPAIRED? HAHA ..... am so conscious you wont believe me, would you ?? hahaah ....

LOL

Be good for the time being.............:) Every day comes with its own surprises!

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 2:12 pm

Coby wrote:DMN and Kwell and those who went to Dr. Jung,
How r u guys doing?
Hey Coby

How are you doing? Let me guess, do u happen to be a guy by any chance? Hmm ..... if so, do join the club and welcome to the party!

Glad its all over for you and now is the most bumpy ride ever : RECOVERY. Like DMN said, life is never too boring once your nose is done and you go like " oh.... how would my nose look like... eh.... its not bad sia.... then u turn around.. oh no... what is this darn thing that I didnt notice awhile ago,... or ok nvm... its just SWELLING.... it will get better ... it willl... then you hold onto your breath YET again ...... etc"

Haha.... its really a roller coaster to think about it.... but take it as it comes Coby thats from my experience.... all you can do now is pray that it will only get better with time..... do not entertain negative thoughts at any one time, but be real to yourself. Be kind. Give it at least 6-8 weeks (or whenever your swelling subsides) to see if you like the new 'look', then REASSESS again. I often write a report for each week post Op with photos to record any changes... it quite fun actually.

I have privately sent you a message so do reply when you have time.

Cheers now

Kwell

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:05 pm

I cant decide betwwen dr jung and dr hsu!

oh no oh no.

Both are good and bad.

Both dr jung and dr kim refus to increase the bigde by too much ssaying that from the side my bridge is already high enough and a little definiteiong will do ut from the front, i almost always have no bridge.

The second is that while dr jung was a bit vague is saying it is achiebable or not(he said we are asians not westerners. this dr hsu said also but he gets what i want) while dr hsu stated outright that my tip will definitely be mor round due to the thick skin i have.

antoerh thing is that wile dr jung is more open to other materials, dr hsu only uses autologus. this is both good and bad because it's almost certain that i will need to use rib and the scar left behind is def not pretty. he send me a picture of it and it looks really scary(to me at least)

price is also another factor. i believe that dr hsu will charge 2500USD for rib while dr jung will def charge about twice the price.

also, does anyone have good lodging recomendations if i'm visiting dr hsu? kaoshiung sounds like a ulu place cos it's at the south of taiwan and i've always got this imrpession that south of taiwan is quite boring.

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:00 am

Hi DMN, how are you doing now? I would like to ask you how much does Dr Jung charge for lower eyebag surgery. Thanks in advance! Hope you love your new look!

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Re: Dr Ng Vit C Drip

Post by kalyn » Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:01 am

Jang wrote:
keenose wrote:
Jang wrote:Hi candall,

He charge quite cheap for Vit C drip le, it took about 10mins to finish the whole pack ( this is what he told me ) He also tell me that there is alots of different grade but what he use is good one, but i forgot what brand liao #-o

Do check it out men :wink: really sound so temping to me =P~
where where?? "HE" is who?
He is Dr BC Ng at goldhill plaza #01-29, He charge $300 per session for Vit C drip.
This is the clinic no. 6352-8887

There is a girl in the forum who went for vit c drip at KALO and is of praises. Price is Msia 1800, which is like half of what Dr BC charge. I'm very tempted! What do you guys think?

Jang
Regular
Regular

Re: Dr Ng Vit C Drip

Post by Jang » Sun, 12 Aug 2007 2:34 am

kalyn wrote:
Jang wrote:
keenose wrote: where where?? "HE" is who?
He is Dr BC Ng at goldhill plaza #01-29, He charge $300 per session for Vit C drip.
This is the clinic no. 6352-8887

There is a girl in the forum who went for vit c drip at KALO and is of praises. Price is Msia 1800, which is like half of what Dr BC charge. I'm very tempted! What do you guys think?
If you don't mind travelling to johor wiz so many rumours & news about the sercurity there and if you r driving in worst, coz i've heard so many cases of car being stolen! Which happen to 2 of my friend who lost their car in johor :cry:
Why risk your safety & life juz for the seek of saving few $$$, and do you know the quality & content of vit c drip they gonna give? As like what you said, about half of the price they are charging, maybe the effect also half la.
If you really think that Dr BC Ng price is X, try to check wiz others Aethestic Doc or GP in SG, maybe there is slightly cheaper wan right! Don't take the risk to travel there la, coz for vit c drip you need to do it very 1 or 2 months to have the glowing effect on your skin leh.
I'll be going to Tan-Toeh clinic maybe in 1 or 2 weeks time for my review of removal of tattoo, i'll check wiz Dr Tan whether she got vit c drip or not. Maybe her's is cheap? I'll let you guys know ok! :wink:
Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]