Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Looking For Good Plastic Surgeon in Bangkok

Post by ocean11 » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:35 am

Hi Anthony,
if u have times, read thru this whole thread, i know it might take quite a while but u definitely find the answer u wanted and alot more informations.
Btw, I done my Rhinoplasty at Yanhee Hospital in Bangkok. U can visit their webby www.yanhee.com.net for more informations.

Good luck :D
anthony05 wrote:Hi,
I'm an American looking for a good plastic surgeon in Bangkok who does
nose and eyelid surgery. I'd especially like to hear from those who had this done there or know someone who did. Thanks for your help.
Best,
Anthony

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:18 am

heys ocean11!! then is dr sukit's hotmail addy still working?? cos thats where i sent my email to! :o hahahha...

anthony05

Post by anthony05 » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 4:08 am

Hi Ocean11,

Thanks for your response. You've given me a great start. I've just finished browsing through Yanhee web site. Some other clinics in Thailand seem to have better web sites, but I have a feeling that Yanhee has a much better reputation.

How long ago did you have the nose surgery and are you happy with the result?

I also have other questions for you:

1. How far in advance did you have to make an appointment with Dr. Sukit?

2. How many days did you have to wait between the day you saw Dr. Sukit and the day of your surgery?

3. What kind of medical records/documentation did he ask from you?

4. What is the post-op procedure and how long did you have to stay in Bangkok after the surgery?

Thanks a lot for help.

Best Regards,

Anthony
ANTHONY05

vikki

Post by vikki » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 4:20 am

i was wondering, why u gals dun consider gg 2 dr martin huang for nose job if u r willing 2 pay tat same amount of money 2 go korea? i went for consultation wit him before, he is nice, friendly and very confident. he is young and knw wat we want....to look natural.... his consultation fees $150, nose job + surgery fees around $7000++, depends on individual.

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:32 am

Hi Anthony,
Gald that i could help..
Reason why i choose Yanhee cos heard so much about them and there are a few of the gals here in this thread went Yanhee for Rhinoplasty and so far so good no complain.. so i willing to give it a shot and it nvr disappoint me so far.. Whether they had a beta reputation or not, seriously nobody knows, cos i done some research on their passed history, they do make some 'mistakes' but that was quite a while ago, and it a more complicated jobs.. like facelift, lipo and tummy tuck.. but other then that they are really famous in BKK.. when u mentioned Yanhee to hotel staffs and cab drivers, their 1st reaction is OH! THE NO. 1 PS HOSPITAL IN BKK? OFCOS I HEARD B4.. :lol:
no harm give urself more choice..

Ok, let me ans ur qns 1st.

I done it coming to 2 weeks, i am happy with it, but it still need 3-6 mths to settle down and see a even beta result.

1. I think u need to give them 5 days in advance if i am not wrong.

2. U can go straight to the hospital after u touch down, consult the doc and if it not a major op, u can do it rite away after the consultation..

3. The doc will ask u a few qns on whether are u allegy to medication he mentioned. he nve ask me to provide any record so far.

4. Post op u need to stop smoking, drinking and stop taking Vitamin E for 2 weeks (u should be able to find in their web for post op procedure) other then that, just relax urself.. :)
I stayed in BKK for 8 days, i just wanna to make sure everythings ok b4 i flew back. Their advise is about 7-14 days.

Hopes i ans all ur qns and good luck to u. :D

astar,
I think Dr sukit email still the same one.

anthony05 wrote:Hi Ocean11,

Thanks for your response. You've given me a great start. I've just finished browsing through Yanhee web site. Some other clinics in Thailand seem to have better web sites, but I have a feeling that Yanhee has a much better reputation.

2. How many days did you have to wait between the day you saw Dr. Sukit and the day of your surgery?

4. What is the post-op procedure and how long did you have to stay in Bangkok after the surgery?

Thanks a lot for help.

Best Regards,

Anthony
Last edited by ocean11 on Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:53 am

By the way, guys and gals.. i chance upon this pre-op procedure. Hopes it help u guys beta.

Do not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications prior to surgery
Do not get a suntan or sunburn one week before surgery
If you smoke, quit smoking for at least 2 weeks before surgery and for several months after surgery (smoking greatly increases your risk of complications and will contribute to poor healing and scars)
Make arrangements for someone to drive you to and from the operation
Arrange for someone to care for you the first 24-72 hours after surgery
Fill your prescriptions before surgery (especially pain medications and antibiotics)
Set up a comfortable place to recover at home with lots of pillows, things to read, music, and movies
Use a whistle, bell, or intercom system for requesting help
Stock up on quick snacks that are high in protein and low in salt
On the day of surgery, wear loose clothing which will be easy to change into after the operation (a shirt that buttons in front)
You will be asked not to eat or drink anything after bedtime on the day before your procedure. If you take daily medication, ask Dr if it is safe to take before your procedure. Be sure to follow all of Dr directions carefully.

Broke

Re: rhinoplasty bt Yanhee

Post by Broke » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:26 pm

I am more interested in liposuction. I do not know whether BBk is good in liposuction. Mine was done in Singapore, need to redo due to lumpiness.

quote="ocean11"]Sorry broke i missed ur post.. Dr Sukit email addy: [email protected]
so u going to BBK not Korea anymore?? :)
Broke wrote:Good news for all. My friend just had rhinoplasty done by Yanhee too. Her results is much better than my mom's. Hers was done by a different Dr. I will check whether th doctor is Dr Sukit.

Hi Ocean how did you get Dr Sukit 's email?
Can I have the email please?
[
[/quote]

Broke

So when will you have your nose done by him?

Post by Broke » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:30 pm

So when will you have your nose done by him?

vikki wrote:i was wondering, why u gals dun consider gg 2 dr martin huang for nose job if u r willing 2 pay tat same amount of money 2 go korea? i went for consultation wit him before, he is nice, friendly and very confident. he is young and knw wat we want....to look natural.... his consultation fees $150, nose job + surgery fees around $7000++, depends on individual.

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 8:08 pm

Hi ocean11,

Happened to browse through this forum and saw your many helpful posts. By the way, I did rhinoplasty too, did mine on 8th Oct and so both of us have a new nose! I bet you must be very happy with your's :)

For me, i had been considering rhinoplasty too for years and it's only recently that something bad happened and triggered me to go do it. I planned to do with Dr. Sukit initially and planned that i will need about $1600 for the whole trip. But in the end, I did mine in Taipei with one of the well-known plastic surgeon because i am on a business trip. It costed me about S$1450 but i don't need to pay for air ticket and accomodation. I was staying in Hilton Hotel so i had a really comfortable recovery time. Hee hee. Funny thing is, for me, the most swollen is after the op and the day after op. But in fact, the next day after the op, just abit of makeup and i can go out shopping. Likewise for the 2nd day after op. Nobody suspected anything and whenever i walked past a mirror in the departmental store, i stole glances of my new nose... so proud of it... hee.

Hey i have a few questions to ask you:

(1) Is your implant hard plastic or silicone material? Because for me, mine is a L-shape silicone which can bend can twist.
(2) did the nurse or doctor ask you to pinch your nose everyday? Mine did, and i think is just in case while you sleep the implant got crooked so got to "pull" it back in place
(3) until now, sometimes when i look at my nose in the mirror, it's abit round on the tip but sometimes it looks so nice... haha. Do you have the same kind of experience? Or does your nose look the same everyday? Don't know is it because i keep pinching my nose up everyday, because i noticed after i did that, my nose will swell a little.

Did any of your friends or colleagues noticed a change in you? The 1st day i stepped into my Singapore office, a colleague immediately asked me "you did something to your face? You look different but i don't know where." So far did you deny that you went for rhinoplasty, or did you admit? For me, i admit and was happily telling them how the procedure was ... :P

Oh, i did botox to reduce my squarish jaws too, so if anybody need any further details, please go ahead and ask me any questions! :)

/Jovin

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 9:06 am

Hi Jovinliu,
Hey!! Mine done on 18th Oct, urs 8th Oct!!! we can go buy 4D 1880!! if strike i can do my cliping eyelids when i reach 36yrs old!! hehehe..
so happy that u posted! finally found someone that got the brand new nose almost at the same timing! so we can discuss wat are the after op symptom we facing.. 8)

Me too!! being thinking for nearly 6 yrs, but not gutsy enough, finally saw mine friends done it, and look so natural and nice.. so push myself to go for it!!!
I don know wat somethings bad had happened to u, but i wish u are alrite now.
I looked the mirror everyday! basically it a routine for me everyday now..hahahaha.. but i really just can't help myself to draw to the mirror and kept saying.. 'this is wat i am waiting for 5 years! i should had done it earlier'.. hehehe...

ok here are my ans.

1. I think mine is a hard one, as Dr Sukit kept saying it a soild capsule inside my nose. I think urs is similar to my friend that done in SG.

2. No, they nvr ask me to pinch my nose, they just said if my nose crooked due to accidently bend while sleeping, i just need to use my 2 forefinger and adjust it back straight.

3. Ya..ya..*excited* it getting nicer and natural everyday, but my nose tip still felt hard til now, so got to be really careful not to bang againt it!! how about urs??
I read one of the article on healing path for Rhinoplasty, it will take about 6-12mths to see the end result, but each individual different process ofcos, some took longer or shorter. My doc told me that it takes 3 mths for 90% healing..

My mom can see the diff! but that was when after op on the 5 days, she was asking me why my nasal bridge got higer? that i have to deny, cos my mom really againt PS, so in order not for her to nag, i have to tell her i bang againt the wall!! and she believes it!!! *phew*.. :lol:

I nvr deny, those friends that i nvr tell them they can't tell the different until i can't help myself and tell them this secret.. *me and my big mouth* when i told them, their reaction is like.. "I knew it, u do look different but we just can't explain where and why!!" hahahaha..

Oh, ur implant is insert by where? ur nostrill or mouth (gum)??

We should come out one day and "compare" our nose.. hahahahaha.. :lol:

I want to have botox too!! I want to get rid of my fine lines that under my eyes..
U do it in Taiwan too?

jovinliu wrote:Hi ocean11,

Happened to browse through this forum and saw your many helpful posts. By the way, I did rhinoplasty too, did mine on 8th Oct and so both of us have a new nose! I bet you must be very happy with your's :)

For me, i had been considering rhinoplasty too for years and it's only recently that something bad happened and triggered me to go do it. I planned to do with Dr. Sukit initially and planned that i will need about $1600 for the whole trip. But in the end, I did mine in Taipei with one of the well-known plastic surgeon because i am on a business trip. It costed me about S$1450 but i don't need to pay for air ticket and accomoation. I was staying in Hilton Hotel so i had a really comfortable recovery time. Hee hee. Funny thing is, for me, the most swollen is after the op and the day after op. But in fact, the next day after the op, just abit of makeup and i can go out shopping. Likewise for the 2nd day after op. Nobody suspected anything and whenever i walked past a mirror in the departmental store, i stole glances of my new nose... so proud of it... hee.

Hey i have a few questions to ask you:

(1) Is your implant hard plastic or silicone material? Because for me, mine is a L-shape silicone which can bend can twist.
(2) did the nurse or doctor ask you to pinch your nose everyday? Mine did, and i think is just in case while you sleep the implant got crooked so got to "pull" it back in place
(3) until now, sometimes when i look at my nose in the mirror, it's abit round on the tip but sometimes it looks so nice... haha. Do you have the same kind of experience? Or does your nose look the same everyday? Don't know is it because i keep pinching my nose up everyday, because i noticed after i did that, my nose will swell a little.

Did any of your friends or colleagues noticed a change in you? The 1st day i stepped into my Singapore office, a colleague immediately asked me "you did something to your face? You look different but i don't know where." So far did you deny that you went for rhinoplasty, or did you admit? For me, i admit and was happily telling them how the procedure was ... :P

Oh, i did botox to reduce my squarish jaws too, so if anybody need any further details, please go ahead and ask me any questions! :)

/Jovin

anthony05

Rinoplasty & Botox for Squarish Jaw

Post by anthony05 » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 1:11 pm

Hi Ocean11,
Thanks for your asnwers and also for the info on pre-op stuff. Did you go to Bangkok for the procedure by yourself? If so, how did you manage to get back from to the hotel from the hospital? Did someone accompany you from there? And who helped you around the first night after the surgery? The reason I'm asking this is that I'm thinking of going there alone, as I don't intend to tell anyone about it until after I return to the US.

This is a question for JovinLiu, I'm just curious, is the botox thing to reduce squarish jaw permanent? If not, how long will it last? Thanks.
Yes, you and Ocean11 should really get together and admire each other's new noses.

Best,

Anthony

ocean11 wrote:Hi Anthony,
Gald that i could help..
Reason why i choose Yanhee cos heard so much about them and there are a few of the gals here in this thread went Yanhee for Rhinoplasty and so far so good no complain.. so i willing to give it a shot and it nvr disappoint me so far.. Whether they had a beta reputation or not, seriously nobody knows, cos i done some research on their passed history, they do make some 'mistakes' but that was quite a while ago, and it a more complicated jobs.. like facelift, lipo and tummy tuck.. but other then that they are really famous in BKK.. when u mentioned Yanhee to hotel staffs and cab drivers, their 1st reaction is OH! THE NO. 1 PS HOSPITAL IN BKK? OFCOS I HEARD B4.. :lol:

I done it coming to 2 weeks, i am happy with it, but it still need 3-6 mths to settle down and see a even beta result.

2. U can go straight to the hospital after u touch down, consult the doc and if it not a major op, u can do it rite away after the consultation..

3. The doc will ask u a few qns on whether are u allegy to medication he mentioned. he nve ask me to provide any record so far.

4. Post op u need to stop smoking, drinking and stop taking Vitamin E for 2 weeks (u should be able to find in their web for post op procedure) other then that, just relax urself.. :)
I stayed in BKK for 8 days, i just wanna to make sure everythings ok b4 i flew back. Their advise is about 7-14 days.

astar,

Thanks a lot for help.

Best Regards,

Anthony
ANTHONY05

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Rinoplasty & Botox for Squarish Jaw

Post by ocean11 » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 7:47 pm

Howdy Anthony,
My sis and cousin tag along on my surgery day, but the next day they catch a morning flight and went back home.. becos we reached BKK on 16th Oct, 2 days to do some shopping, spa and relax myself before my op on 18th Oct.. so bascially after op 19th Oct thru out 26th Oct i was alone in BKK.
Don worry, Rhinoplasty is a very minor op, u can even go back to the hotel by urself after that..
I was awake and sober 10mins after the op! I can walk by myself, pain?? hmm.. bearable, no dizzy just abit of discomfort on lip cos of the numbness..
The nurse will push u out from the op threater, prepare bed and ice pack for u, u will have to stays on their bed approx about 30-40mins. They make sure u ok before release u.

U really don need anyone thru out the surgery actually, but ofcos if u can find someone to accompany u, will be a bouns.. least he/she can give u some moral support b4 and after op.. it always looks like a freak (swell) after op.. some will get depression by looking at the mirror.. so it good to have someone close to u.

Thanks for your asnwers and also for the info on pre-op stuff. Did you go to Bangkok for the procedure by yourself? If so, how did you manage to get back from to the hotel from the hospital? Did someone accompany you from there? And who helped you around the first night after the surgery? The reason I'm asking this is that I'm thinking of going there alone, as I don't intend to tell anyone about it until after I return to the US.

This is a question for JovinLiu, I'm just curious, is the botox thing to reduce squarish jaw permanent? If not, how long will it last? Thanks.
Yes, you and Ocean11 should really get together and admire each other's new noses.

Best,

Anthony

Gald that i could help..

astar,

Thanks a lot for help.

Best Regards,

Anthony

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Sun, 30 Oct 2005 7:06 pm

Hi ocean11,

hee i bet you must be really funny and friendly in person... i can tell from your replies... wah 1880 nice number leh, strike liao i want to go do mesotherapy! Thanks to my father's not-too-bad genes, i am actually quite fortunate to have double eyelid and quite big eyes... my lips got nothing to "hiam", the only thing i was unhappy was my nose (which we fixed! hee) and my jaws (which i fixed in July)... i try not to be addicted to plastic surgery.

Hey how old are you? Why you have to wait until 36 years old to do your eyelid leh? btw, i am 28 years old :) Well, the "bad" thing that i mentioned was that my BF of 7 years left me for his colleague. I was really devastated that time hence i try all means to change myself... i went for botox, i went for nosejob, and my attitude and character changed too. I used to be so accomodating that i will do things i don't like to please people, but now i don't give a damn. Hee.

Haha! looking at the mirror and focusing on my nose is also a daily routine for me now. Hey i went back to the clinic to remove my stitches yesterday, and i got it wrong! The purpose of pulling the nose is for the nostril to be smaller... errrr, abit difficult to explain in words, next time i see you i tell you!

the tip of my nose is abit hard now, and yesterday the nurse told me it's still abit swollen and will slowly reduce swell in another 3 weeks' time. I got a small and cute nose previously (like button mushroom, hee), so my bridge is not that high. wah 3 months for 90% heal ah...

Of course your mom can see the diff lah, if not that means you do = never do... hee. My mom was also very against the idea of me modifying my nose, and i also went ahead secretly first before coming back Singapore and admitting to her. But! She didn't got angry leh, in fact she keep saying "hmm... very natural looking hor..."

My implant was inserted through nostril, and i was very surprised it was in fact such simple and painless procedure! Should have done it earlier... hee..

Hey where are you working? I am working in Raffles Place so if you are too, we can meet up for lunch! If not, we can meet up for dinner and talk over our experience in nosejob and beauty things lah!

Oh for my botox, i did it in JB... my lasik also i did it in JB many years ago. Tell you more about botox when we meet up!

Oh yah yah, before i forget, i went to Salon #1 and did eyebrow embroidery with Amy (highly recommended in another forum) and really not bad leh! Very natural looking until my mum also gian and wanted me to book for her. It's $150, got to go back and re-do colour after 1.5months, but thereafter is to add-on colour (because it will fade) every 1-1.5 years and that will be $30 only. This is not the first time i did it, in fact is the 3rd. I did my first and second time with Jean Y** (better don't state the full name, in case they sue me, hee) years ago, but honestly, not good. Even my mum also say this time round is nicer and more natural looking.

Aiyoh we definitely have to meet to see each other's nose and talk about all these beauty things! :P
Last edited by jovinliu on Sun, 30 Oct 2005 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Rinoplasty & Botox for Squarish Jaw

Post by jovinliu » Sun, 30 Oct 2005 7:11 pm

Hi Anthony,

The botox i did for my jaws will not reduce the muscles permanent. It's temporary and you have to repeat it every 1 year or so (more frequently initially). But, after the botox wears out, the jaw will never be as squarish as before. But, don't expect miracles. The botox will not make your face look like Cecilia Cheung like that, a melonseed shape, but definitely the jaw will shrink gradually. It will take about 2-3 months to see full effect. I did in JB, and it costed me S$650.

/Jovin

Best,

Anthony

Gald that i could help..

astar,

Thanks a lot for help.

Best Regards,

Anthony

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Sun, 30 Oct 2005 7:42 pm

Hey! i was waiting for ur reply actually!! kekeke.. 1880 nice hor.. going to buy next week!! hahaha..
I have double eyelids but u know la, when u get older the eyelids will get drooping, that is why i will wait til 36-38yrs old to clip or extract out fats from eyelids.. i am 32 yrs old btw.. old liao..sigh.. but now it stil alrite, can 'execute' a few guys sometime!! hahaha..

Me too! still hard on my tip, but just received the Doc from BKK email said that it is normal and it will back to normal about a mth plus..
U went back to remove ur stitches?? i tot u did it in Taiwan? or u just remove the stitches at normal GP in SG? Mine using the melting suture so it will melt in no time.

Sorry to hear that ur idiot ex guy let u down, but it might be a blessing in the disguise, he is not worth it anyway! sweet gal like u (thou don know u well, but from ur post u should be sweet! kekeke) will find someone good in no time!

I am helping my hb at the moment, so i work at home. shh.. salary suck! quiting soon.. hahahaha..
We can meet up for dinner! my hb is overseas now, wil be back next week, so til then i am super duper free! we can do dinner alrite..
oh!! i haven break the news to my hb actually!! cos he is very againt plastic surgery.. oops.. u know guys, they are just worried that the surgery will become a disaster, but the result turn out good, i am sure he is going to shut his mouth when he see me.. i am going to give him an EARLY X'MAS GIFT.. :shock: THE NEW NOSE AND THE BILLS!!!

Let me know when u wanna to meet up for dinner. Is ur PM working? PM u my cell or email addy ya.

jovinliu wrote:Hi ocean11,

hee i bet you must be really funny and friendly in person... i can tell from your replies... wah 1880 nice number leh, strike liao i want to go do mesotherapy! Thanks to my father's not-too-bad genes, i am actually quite fortunate to have double eyelid and quite big eyes... my lips got nothing to "hiam", the only thing i was unhappy was my nose (which we fixed! hee) and my jaws (which i fixed in July)... i try not to be addicted to plastic surgery.

Hey how old are you? Why you have to wait until 36 years old to do your eyelid leh? btw, i am 28 years old :) Well, the "bad" thing that i mentioned was that my BF of 7 years left me for his colleague. I was really devastated that time hence i try all means to change myself... i went for botox, i went for nosejob, and my attitude and character changed too. I used to be so accomodating that i will do things i don't like to please people, but now i don't give a damn. Hee.

Haha! looking at the mirror and focusing on my nose is also a daily routine for me now. Hey i went back to the clinic to remove my stitches yesterday, and i got it wrong! The purpose of pulling the nose is for the nostril to be smaller... errrr, abit difficult to explain in words, next time i see you i tell you!

the tip of my nose is abit hard now, and yesterday the nurse told me it's still abit swollen and will slowly reduce swell in another 3 weeks' time. I got a small and cute nose previously (like button mushroom, hee), so my bridge is not that high. wah 3 months for 90% heal ah... but ok lah, we already look quite good now... hee..

Of course your mom can see the diff lah, if not that means you do = never do... hee. My mom was also very against the idea of me modifying my nose, and i also went ahead secretly first before coming back Singapore and admitting to her. But! She didn't got angry leh, in fact she keep saying "hmm... very natural looking hor..."

My implant was inserted through nostril, and i was very surprised it was in fact such simple and painless procedure! Should have done it earlier... hee..

Hey where are you working? I am working in Raffles Place so if you are too, we can meet up for lunch! If not, we can meet up for dinner and talk over our experience in nosejob and beauty things lah!

Oh for my botox, i did it in JB... my lasik also i did it in JB many years ago. Tell you more about botox when we meet up!
Last edited by ocean11 on Mon, 31 Oct 2005 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.