Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kogal87
Regular
Regular

alar

Post by kogal87 » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 2:11 pm

wow
u mean alar is EVEN MORE MINOR than rhinoplasty?

because for me,
i felt fortunate as i recovered very quickly
after my rhino by dr sukit..

i even went shopping immediately after the operation!
haha!
the next day i felt slight discomfort + swelling, and slept alot
BUT i still went shopping at night! lol

i feel that i recovered from rhino within max. 3 days?
i even went clubbing soon after that

happy to hear that alar will take even faster to heal?

dear yen did u experience any pain or whatsoever DURING the surgery then?
=)

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 3:29 pm

yen,

can't say you are wrong la, cos ur after operation results IS indeed better than what u previously looked like and u purely had L implant and alar. prob is my nose is soooo much fleshier than urs. i don't know if it works. of course if kalo can, why would i choose tw and spend around 5 k in total, right? so other than implants, kalo doesn't do anything to the tip right? then aadvark says kalo does tipoplasty?
Cry when you get ripped.

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Re: alar

Post by yen2006 » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 3:56 pm

kogal87 wrote:wow
u mean alar is EVEN MORE MINOR than rhinoplasty?

because for me,
i felt fortunate as i recovered very quickly
after my rhino by dr sukit..

i even went shopping immediately after the operation!
haha!
the next day i felt slight discomfort + swelling, and slept alot
BUT i still went shopping at night! lol

i feel that i recovered from rhino within max. 3 days?
i even went clubbing soon after that

happy to hear that alar will take even faster to heal?

dear yen did u experience any pain or whatsoever DURING the surgery then?
=)

Hi kogal87,

overall no pain, just lay down,relax & enjoy.. think of how perfect & nice your nose will be after Alar hehe :wink:

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yen2006 » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 4:36 pm

ellin18 wrote:Hi Yen,

U are making me excited about having my ps done in kalo... but honestly, i need to see your front profile for the changes. Do you mind posting your front profile here?

Hi all,

I have reattached my Frontal view of before & after nose implant & Alar.

1st photo is before ( very bulbous & fleshy nose)

2nd & 3rd is after ( still swollen)

http://img84.imageshack.us/slideshow/pl ... 880bq.smil

Yen :wink:

kogal87
Regular
Regular

Post by kogal87 » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 4:37 pm

haha!
cool!
but are u CONSCIOUS duing the surgery?
or were u giving a sleeping shot or something?

for me, i was unconscious during my op
and felt 0 pain
until towards the end of the operation, i could feel something being stuffed up my nose!! (but not pain)
quite scary though haha...i was like wondering whether the anesthesia would wear off and then id start feeling sharp pain or wat..lol
thank goodness it didnt!

after the op, also no pain =)

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yen2006 » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 4:42 pm

kogal87 wrote:haha!
cool!

and felt 0 pain
until towards the end of the operation, i could feel something being stuffed up my nose!! (but not pain)
quite scary though haha...i was like wondering whether the anesthesia would wear off and then id start feeling sharp pain or wat..lol
thank goodness it didnt!

Hi,

you can choose either one.

No pain after anesthesia wears off.

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 7:50 pm

I have checked with the consultants at KALO. They mentioned that the implant goretex will be under ur nose for a lifetime... unless if u want to change e look of ur nose shape in future time.

I have checked with Dr.Chuang too, he mentioned that no artifical material can last forever. However silicone may be more safer and well shaping than Goretex once if it dose happen. You will find the nose is becoming out of shape or shows irregular surface on it, but the material is just still there.

But my overall conclusion, i will still prefer to have a goretex implant, keke.

Velvet_CK wrote:
who wrote:Is it normal to replace nose implants after some years? How realistic is it to expect it to last for your whole life with no complications?

Thank YOU!!!!
Check out this forum 20 yrs later. You may get an answer.

Please ask the surgeons instead of forummers for this kinda future advice and the topic abt implant duration has been discussed enuff times.

kogal87
Regular
Regular

implant

Post by kogal87 » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 7:59 pm

dear appletree
when will u be going for ur implant?
=)

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 8:03 pm

Hi all & yen,

I shall be doing my nose with KALO next month. I have asked them about the L shape implants, its not really true that L shape goretex will make one's nose looks huge n bigger unless one's nose is already bulbous before the surgery. They will sulpture to the idea thickness of the goretex as what u want and usually nowadays they use thin n slim, not thick old fashion implants...so that it wont makes ur nose looks big.

They said i wont need open revision becos my nose is not bulbous and just a simple L shape implant will do ... :P

And that they said i wont need epicanthoplasty after i do my nose, as with e implant , i can see that my eyes are stretch further nearer in to middle of e bridge nose. They are rather honest as they were not pushy in asking me to do this n that, in fact i was the one asking them to do this n that treatment for me.. keke. But they asked me not to waste money as my eyes are good enough wont have to do epicanthoplasty :cool: .

Thanks yen for recommanding this place. :)

Shall update u guys again. :P

Oh yen,

I can't seems to open the link of pictures u posted.... duhz

yen2006 wrote:
kogal87 wrote:haha!
cool!

and felt 0 pain
thank goodness it didnt!

Hi,

you can choose either one.

No pain after anesthesia wears off.
Last edited by appletree on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 8:09 pm

Hi ocean11,

Yea, i think i pm u. keke
Hmmm... no lar becos at that time i m still thinking to choose silicone or goretex, and was wondering is there anything wrong with silicone since u want to change to goretex. heeee

ocean11 wrote:
ecila wrote:hi people.

I'm at korea now. The females here are very pretty. hmm. I had a consultation with Dr Jung but still thinking whether i want to do it. =s
Hi ecila,

have u decide who to choose already? where u staying now?!

i booked my air tix just now.. so i am flying to korea end may confirmed.

do update me ya..

Did anyone just pm me? i just came back from overseas.. so lazy to reply.. hehe..
i can ans here.. Dr sukit is not bad, just that i wan to change to goretex.. that is why i wanna to redo my nose.. that is it.. end the story.. hehehe.. :lol:

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Re: implant

Post by appletree » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 8:10 pm

Hi kogal87,

Im going next month to KALO for my goretex implant. =)

kogal87 wrote:dear appletree
when will u be going for ur implant?
=)

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

KALO

Post by yen2006 » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:35 pm

[quote="appletree"]Hi all & yen,

I shall be doing my nose with KALO next month. I have asked them about the L shape implants, its not really true that L shape goretex will make one's nose looks huge n bigger unless one's nose is already bulbous before the surgery. They will sulpture to the idea thickness of the goretex as what u want and usually nowadays they use thin n slim, not thick old fashion implants...so that it wont makes ur nose looks big.

They said i wont need open revision becos my nose is not bulbous and just a simple L shape implant will do ... :P

And that they said i wont need epicanthoplasty after i do my nose, as with e implant , i can see that my eyes are stretch further nearer in to middle of e bridge nose. They are rather honest as they were not pushy in asking me to do this n that, in fact i was the one asking them to do this n that treatment for me.. keke. But they asked me not to waste money as my eyes are good enough wont have to do epicanthoplasty :cool: .

Hi appletree,

Wow, happy for you. :D

Remember to bring your favourite stars/models photos on the day of your PS..show the Dr & discuss with him the type of nose & type of eyes you want before doing.

example

1)height of nose,

2)double eyelid crease Tapered or Parallel

3)How many mm you want for your double eyelid

4)ask the dr to show you your nose before he stitch for
you,see whether you like the height or not, if not then ask
him to remove & sulpture again.

All the best :wink:

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Re: KALO

Post by appletree » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:49 pm

Hi yen,

Ermmm i told the consultant that i want cecelia chueng's nose but she said it rather hard to get the height of the nose of hers , cos her nose is very high...

How much mm would u recommand to make it looks deep & higher but natural cease arh? 5 mm i think is abit too high hor?

By the way, whats tampered & parallel ...?? :P

yen2006 wrote:
appletree wrote:Hi all & yen,

Hi appletree,

Remember to bring your favourite stars/models photos on the day of your PS..show the Dr & discuss with him the type of nose & type of eyes you want before doing.

example

1)height of nose,

All the best :wink:

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Re: KALO

Post by yen2006 » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:01 pm

[quote="appletree"]Hi yen,

Ermmm i told the consultant that i want cecelia chueng's nose but she said it rather hard to get the height of the nose of hers , cos her nose is very high...

How much mm would u recommand to make it looks deep & higher but natural cease arh? 5 mm i think is abit too high hor?

By the way, whats tampered & parallel ...?? :P

[quote="yen2006"][quote="appletree"]Hi all & yen,

Hi appletree,

example

1)height of nose,

All the best :wink

Hi,

If you want natural then choose tapered double eyelid, like those korean stars double eyelid keke.. :)

5mm is too low, I did 5 mm 1year 5 mths ago, now cant c any more double eyelid crease liao.

Recommanded is 7mm-8mm, the dr will measure and show you before you do, ask him whether 7mm or 8mm suits you better. :roll:

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 1:38 am

tapered is when the end towards the corner of your eye meets at the corner, then it tapers outwards. Most Asians have this...

Parallel is when the crease is parallel to the top of your eye... Most Caucasians, Blacks, Middle Easterners have this.

you can get high, medium, or low crease with any of these.