Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
gen

Post by gen » Sun, 02 Oct 2005 6:26 pm

Hi, im looking at doing the cheek reduction and nose surgery too but apparently there are very few good doctors in korea who speak english that's why i have decided on thailand. Does anyone know if its a bad idea. I found this doctor called Dr Preecha and hes quite famous. Its a good idea if you're okay with the fact that he does transgender surgeries as well

Irenea

I'm considering rhinoplasty

Post by Irenea » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 12:36 pm

I'm considering rhinoplasty....any advoce anyone? :shock:
Last edited by Irenea on Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 3:22 pm

Hi Irenea

May i know what cosmetic surgery u have done on yourself by Dr Yeap and the rest of your relatives?

Care to share?

Thanks in advance!

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Re: plastic surgery abroad

Post by Rabbit » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:44 pm

blurrygal wrote:Hi

Still rather new here and I am think of getin a nose and a cheek reduction. I am lookin at korea, anyone has any infomation or adivse to share?
Anyone has any idea if there are tour package that comes with plastic surgery??

Found some docs In the ISAPS. ORG.

thank u
Hi Blurrygal,

Have you checked out Dr. Jung in Seoul? The rest looks ok, the best part is, he post almost all cases online, so you would roughly know how's his performance. If you are going for overseas, I guess it's very impt for us to know how were the past cases done up. Frankly, I guess there may be better doc, but at least you know what to expect from the pix, and best of all, he speaks English. web-site: http://www.nose.co.kr/english/

Rabbit

Irenea

nice tiny slit-cut eyes

Post by Irenea » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:18 am

I wonder if it's possible to make my eyes more smaller like the cute japanese?
Last edited by Irenea on Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

catalyst

To: Irenea

Post by catalyst » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:07 am

Irenea wrote:Hi there! :)

I think you got it wrong, i did not go for any surgery by Dr Yeap. It's my aunts and they are happy after the surgeries. Scroll up to read again. :D I did have surgery done but they are not performed by Dr Yeap.

I had consulted Dr Harry Fok instead. He's from Sinova Medical located at Paragon #12. And had seen Dr Tan Kok Chai from SGH in 1998.
hi irenea!

so may i know what type of surgeries did your relatives do? and yourself; even though not done by dr yeap???

care to share?

Irenea

My surgeries

Post by Irenea » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 6:36 pm

I think i'll share what i've done to myself.

I had double eye lids done in Malaysia. I have bridge augmentation there too. I used a lip implant for my lower lips :shock: :D
Last edited by Irenea on Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 1:20 am

hi irenea, i'm interested in doing plastic surgery in thailand cos its much cheaper. would u advise against it?? and do you have any information to share regarding such surgeries in thailand?? it would be best if u can drop me a reply in my inbox! its [email protected] thanks!!

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 4:58 am

hi irenea!

Amazing! May i know who did your nasal bridge? and how long has it been?
yeah! just like astar, i am thinking of raising my nose bridge in Thailand too!

mama with 3 kids

Post by mama with 3 kids » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 6:08 pm

Hello everyone,
I finally did my tummy tuck 2 weeks ago at SGH by Dr Colin Song. Got my belly button stitches remove (2nd visit after discharge) yesterday by Dr Song. Like Superstar, I was comtemplating to do it in Thailand (Phuket for me... surgeon quoted me US$3,000 all in with hospital stay) initially but after some thoughts & research, I've decided to do it in Singapore. Dr Song is really nice & caring...very informative and willing to share which is important. After seeing him, my mind was so much settled. It is more expensive to do it here but one of the main reason I drop the idea of going to Phuket is because I wanted to be near my family and having them around you during the first week of surgery is important as you will need help to do simple things. I stayed in SGH for 3 nites (btw the nurses and Dr Song were great! Am surprised to get such good service & care at govt hospital). Get off bed to walk after 3pm of day 2. Slept with my back elevated and legs flexed for a week as I cannot stand or lie straight like normal. Gotta be careful that I don't 'pop' the stitches inside and outside. If anyone of you are interested to know more detail of what happened after surgery, I'll be happy to share.

It is too early to tell at this stage because there are still swellings (will go away slowly approx 6 months time per Dr Song) BUT I'm really happy with my tummy now, looks so much better before the op even though the swellings are still there! No regrets! All I need to do now is to take good care of my wound and scar so that they heal nicely.

Cheers!
Hilda

Anonymous wrote:Hi Superstar, many thanks for your reply.

I really feel very inferior about my unsightly tummy and the current trend of dressing is not helping either.

I wonder whether you can share your experience with me after your surgery in bangkok. If I choose to go ahead, I'll do it in Singapore as I will be taken care of by my mum.

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.

superstar wrote:Consider the extend of scarring. I've had a C-section & my scar seemed to have healed very well & I'm asian. I have stretch marks on my tummy & I have to decide whether I want an over hanging tummy & stretch marks or an extension of my C-section scar, I'd rather the latter because either ways I already have scars. Why don't you browse through the web & find before after pictures so that you can know what to expect. You have to be realistic in your expectations. From my experience, I've never had a doctor recommend cosmetic surgery. They always say what's wrong, its nature & so on. I'm going to bangkok for my tummy tuck because I think they do a lot of it there & probably are more experienced. Some may dispute but ultimately its up to you & you'd have to do your research to find a surgeon that you're comfortable with.

Ugly Duckling wrote:I have just consulted my gynae on recommending a good surgen for tummy tuck. But he advised me against it. He remarked that Asian skin don't heal as well as caucasians. He said that apart from haveing a firmer and flatter tummy, I still won;t be able to put on bikinis or midriff tops as the scarring will be quite bad.

Has anyone done a tummy tuck before where the results are fabulous ?

Please advise. :)
Cheers!

superstar

Post by superstar » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 3:34 pm

Dear Hilda,
I've made appointment to do my tummy tuck in Nov. The time is drawing near & I do know that this is what I want but I'm also nervous about the risks. Care to share your experience with me? Did you do it on General or Local? My surgeon wants to use epidural. As you know, I'll be going to Bangkok & I'll be all alone. How was the pain? What medication did you take? How long before all pain was gone?
i'd really like to know more about your experience & if you don't mind, can you send me an email at [email protected]
. I'm really happy for you that it all went well. :D

[quote="mama with 3 kids"]Hello everyone,
I finally did my tummy tuck 2 weeks ago at SGH by Dr Colin Song. Got my belly button stitches remove (2nd visit after discharge) yesterday by Dr Song. Like Superstar, I was comtemplating to do it in Thailand (Phuket for me... surgeon quoted me US$3,000 all in with hospital stay) initially but after some thoughts & research, I've decided to do it in Singapore. Dr Song is really nice & caring...very informative and willing to share which is important. After seeing him, my mind was so much settled. It is more expensive to do it here but one of the main reason I drop the idea of going to Phuket is because I wanted to be near my family and having them around you during the first week of surgery is important as you will need help to do simple things. I stayed in SGH for 3 nites (btw the nurses and Dr Song were great! Am surprised to get such good service & care at govt hospital). Get off bed to walk after 3pm of day 2. Slept with my back elevated and legs flexed for a week as I cannot stand or lie straight like normal. Gotta be careful that I don't 'pop' the stitches inside and outside. If anyone of you are interested to know more detail of what happened after surgery, I'll be happy to share.

It is too early to tell at this stage because there are still swellings (will go away slowly approx 6 months time per Dr Song) BUT I'm really happy with my tummy now, looks so much better before the op even though the swellings are still there! No regrets! All I need to do now is to take good care of my wound and scar so that they heal nicely.

Cheers!
Hilda

Sherry Berry

Re: plastic surgery

Post by Sherry Berry » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 6:51 am

inamaste wrote:Hi
I am considering having breast implants, from the feedback re the surgeons in sigapore it doesnt seem good, is any one able to provide some suggestions, thanks
I have a friend that just got back from Costa Rica and had fact lift, lipo, new implants called "gummie bears" that are garnteed not to incapulate or leak and look and feel very natural. Also always have them done under the muscle as that helps with the natural look also and not to large! In portion to your body, as to large, with any weight, makes women look dumpy and heavier than they are. Clothes fit better and you won't have to get things tailored to fit just because your breast are out of portion...full is nice...not top heavy![/list][/list][/quote]

Sherry Berry

Re: To :: Guest above.

Post by Sherry Berry » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 6:58 am

KAYZY_S15 wrote:How do u know so much about hospital in Thailand? I'm thinking of getting Breast Augmentation done by Dr. Amorn Poomee at Bumrungrad. He has done 2,000 Breast Augmentations and over 28 years of experience?

Do u know much about it or know someone who actully had Breast Augmentation done by him please share your info... :D

Thanks
medictbp wrote::D In a way, Thailand/ Korean/ China surgeons 're more experienced than Singapore surgeons. :D A typical thai plastic surgeon, do about double the amount of patient most singaporean plastic surgeon do.

I just looked up 60 minutes article that they did of plastic surgery in Thailand and they mentioned Bumrungrad Hospital as really nice etc. Ask for "Gummie bears" a new implant that is garnteed not to leap or incapulate, look and feel natural and have it done under the muscle as this also helps with the look and feel.
Some doctors, work 7Days a week; as long u make an appointment - they'll be there. -> Preecha, Sanguan.

Sincerest regards,

Sherry Berry

Re: To :: Guest above.

Post by Sherry Berry » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 7:03 am

Sherry Berry wrote:
KAYZY_S15 wrote:How do u know so much about hospital in Thailand? I'm thinking of getting Breast Augmentation done by Dr. Amorn Poomee at Bumrungrad. He has done 2,000 Breast Augmentations and over 28 years of experience?

Do u know much about it or know someone who actully had Breast Augmentation done by him please share your info... :D

Thanks
medictbp wrote::D In a way, Thailand/ Korean/ China surgeons 're more experienced than Singapore surgeons. :D A typical thai plastic surgeon, do about double the amount of patient most singaporean plastic surgeon do.

I just looked up 60 minutes article that they did of plastic surgery in Thailand and they mentioned Bumrungrad Hospital as really nice etc. Ask for "Gummie bears" a new implant that is garnteed not to leap or incapulate, look and feel natural and have it done under the muscle as this also helps with the look and feel.
Some doctors, work 7Days a week; as long u make an appointment - they'll be there. -> Preecha, Sanguan.

I'm not sure how or where to ask a question here, it's my first time on. Does anyone know about gastric bypass surgery there at Bumrungrad?

Sincerest regards,

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 9:10 pm

I want to do rhinoplastry!!!!!!!!! can anyone pls tell me is Dr Fong good??? pls pls.. i need to do before mine hubby come back from overseas!! i cannot let him know i doing it.. :P