Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
mountain

Post by mountain » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:59 am

HI Rabbit,
I remember now..BK is the clinic in Korea
isn't that the one KOrean movie stars go to?

I think Korean is better too in terms of nosejobs
since they've done a lot..
they're famous for it too...

so will you decide to do it with BK?
is it cheaper too...Dr Jung is quite pricey..
although of course what matters the most is
their skills..
does BK use implant or cartilage by the way?

Either way I wish you the best luck...
will be praying for you

keep me posted o.k?
I know you will have a pretty nose :D

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:20 am

Hi Giraffe,

My alar reduction is not done by Dr. Huang, but Dr. Yeap in Mt E. Now think about it, may be I over expected. It's like what he said, it's smaller, but it's not enough, definitely can be better. 2 side of the nostril now slightly different due to the imbalance cut and 2 scars, not very obvious, but under bright light (e.g. beach), can see very clearly...

Hi Mountain,

BK is equally expensive. Just use silicon or gortex to augment the bridge is US$2500, but if with lengthening and alar reduction, it's US$4,500. For Dr. Jung, any procedure is the same price, unless you request for donated ribs or even harvest your own ribs, that would be more expensive.

Since MyNose done hers over there and is satisfy, I am quite interested to go there, but yet, still haven't made up my mind. Sigh...

Rdgs,
Rabbit

mountain

Post by mountain » Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:09 am

Hi Rabbit,

but have decided whether you want implant
or whether you want to harvest your own ribs?

BK is pretty pricey too
but if my nose is happy then it counts too...

I think you should have consultation with both places
and then decide which one is more skillful
I think after talking to the doctors in person
you should be able to decide....
keep me posted o.k?

mountain

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:22 am

Apart from Dr Martin Huang, I also thought of letting Dr. Woffles Wu do my nose. He had done botox for my Mother, however it wasn't really good and results weren't really apparent. Anyone here have a woffles nose or any experience with Woffles Wu? Please share!! Thanks!

And update on my nose: Only a little narrower when I don't smile. When I smile.. I feel that my thousands of dollars had gone to waste.

mountain

Post by mountain » Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:51 am

Hi Wen Hua,

Sorry to hear that you're not happy about your nose.

ARe you thinking of doing revision?

did you have both reduction and augmentation?

dolphin

Post by dolphin » Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:21 pm

You know all those pictures on Dr Jung's website about the side effects of silicone implants were a little scary....all those contraction cases...

Anyone knows how that happens?

Before I saw those pictures, I was only worried about possibility of extrusion of implant....

Will using a cartilage graft prevent such things from happening? A little anxious now...

hatemynose

Post by hatemynose » Sat, 21 Jan 2006 5:35 pm

Hi i had my nose job in koreas bk clinic 3 days ago. im so happy, hahaha, especially when i can feel him cutting off my nose in the OP. i hate my noSE, i hate i i hate it i hate it=

my whole face is so swollen, my eyes are damn bruised and my face hurts alot. there are lots of brusing around my eyes. its hard to eat food, i was bearthing thru my mouth the last 4 days, and i cant smell anything. my op cost 3.5k USD. DR kim seems very confident and profesional, but i cant see any results so far coz its still swollen and i dont dare look.

those who want to go for nose job should seriously consider if u really want it.. coz u reallly have to go thru alot of pain..implant is not alot of pain. its the nose reduction / alar + bone narrow which hurts alot.

i also saw another singaporean here who went for consultatiion for her eyelids. that was nice.

will post more when im feeling better!

giraffe
Regular
Regular

Post by giraffe » Sat, 21 Jan 2006 8:36 pm

I thought there was minimal pain but a lot of discomfort.

Irenea

My Apology

Post by Irenea » Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:00 pm

I, Airene Chen Shi Yun, would like to apologize to Dr Martin Huang of Pacific Healthcare Holdings Ltd for those defamatory statements which I had posted on Singapore Expat Forum website.

I hereby admit my foolish and irresponsible act and sincerely apologize to Dr Martin Huang for those baseless and untrue statements.

I assure that I would not do this again in future.

I wish to highlight to other users who have been discussing my postings online that you are required to delete my postings that are attached to your postings as this may be taken as publication on your part of defamatory statements that were made by me.

Airene Chen Shi Yun
Last edited by Irenea on Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

myNose

Post by myNose » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:31 am

So lucky! U met another Singaporean there..got friend. Felt like a dinosaur for the 5 days when I was in that hospital. The only person I could have a decent conversation was Dr Kim Byung Gun. But he is sooo damn bz. I bruise pretty badly around my eyes too. Maybe we have more sensitive skin. Did u ask for the high or medium profile? Help me say hi to Dr Kim ok? Im the only singapore gal tat came on boxing day last yr. R u staying in the hospital? If u r hungry, u can call the nurse (there's one tat can speak abit of mandarin) to call for food for u.

gd luck! U be better by the 5th day

hatemynose wrote:Hi i had my nose job in koreas bk clinic 3 days ago. im so happy, hahaha, especially when i can feel him cutting off my nose in the OP. i hate my noSE, i hate i i hate it i hate it=

my whole face is so swollen, my eyes are damn bruised and my face hurts alot. there are lots of brusing around my eyes. its hard to eat food, i was bearthing thru my mouth the last 4 days, and i cant smell anything. my op cost 3.5k USD. DR kim seems very confident and profesional, but i cant see any results so far coz its still swollen and i dont dare look.

those who want to go for nose job should seriously consider if u really want it.. coz u reallly have to go thru alot of pain..implant is not alot of pain. its the nose reduction / alar + bone narrow which hurts alot.

i also saw another singaporean here who went for consultatiion for her eyelids. that was nice.

Irenea

My Apology

Post by Irenea » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:41 am

I, Airene Chen Shi Yun, would like to apologize to Dr Martin Huang of Pacific Healthcare Holdings Ltd for those defamatory statements which I had posted on Singapore Expat Forum website.

I hereby admit my foolish and irresponsible act and sincerely apologize to Dr Martin Huang for those baseless and untrue statements.

I assure that I would not do this again in future.

I wish to highlight to other users who have been discussing my postings online that you are required to delete my postings that are attached to your postings as this may be taken as publication on your part of defamatory statements that were made by me.

Airene Chen Shi Yun
Last edited by Irenea on Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

giraffe
Regular
Regular

Post by giraffe » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 1:05 am

Irenea:

Fat injections arnt permanent so you'd get your old pretty face back pretty soon. Just hang in there. You can consult other surgeons, Dr. Wu or some other reputable ones...

I thought Dr. Huang was very good at what he does but just ridiculously expensive. I have really been wanting to go to him but after your post I am very confused. :???:

Sorry to hear about your plight.
Chin up, with time you will be back your supermodel self :wink:
Last edited by giraffe on Sun, 22 Jan 2006 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

hatemynose

Post by hatemynose » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 1:06 am

Hey mynose! I didnt have the chance to talk to that ger coz of my current state, but my sister accompanied me here, so i am very fortunate/.. if anyone wants to do serious rhinoplasty (not just implant) i think its damn important some1 acoompaines u. need some1 to buy u food, change ice pack, walk with u, etc. u cant do this all on ur own coz the first few days after the op will be the worse days of ur life omg..

now theres one temp nurse who can speak english and chinese, but she only be here for 1 month... yea Dr Kim is SOOOO busy... so hard to talk to him, he always wearing his op mask ready to go stright into another surgery after talking to me... i guess if ure famous ur life is like that lol..

how long then ur brusies gone away? for 2 days my eyes swollen. 2 days bruised/ i hope its gone tmr... i din ask for anything in particular, i just told him to do what is the most suitable for my facce, and the two things i hate about my nose is the tip and nostril size.

whats ur name., ill tell him u said hi when i see u again! omg i didnt know u could stay in the hospiltar! every day i walked back to the motel 15 mins away from the clinic.. arghhhhh!!

i also not sure to use ice pack some time, coz i scared it will cause the implant to shift if i put wrongly..... i want the dr kim to see if the implant shifted accidently, but he said dont have to worry about that. he always says that!!! i hope hes correct..... the nurses say he do alot of famous korean stars...... and some of the nurses there are so pretty ..

myNose wrote:So lucky! U met another Singaporean there..got friend. Felt like a dinosaur for the 5 days when I was in that hospital. The only person I could have a decent conversation was Dr Kim Byung Gun. But he is sooo damn bz. I bruise pretty badly around my eyes too. Maybe we have more sensitive skin. Did u ask for the high or medium profile? Help me say hi to Dr Kim ok? Im the only singapore gal tat came on boxing day last yr. R u staying in the hospital? If u r hungry, u can call the nurse (there's one tat can speak abit of mandarin) to call for food for u.

gd luck! U be better by the 5th day

hatemynose wrote:Hi i had my nose job in koreas bk clinic 3 days ago. im so happy, hahaha, especially when i can feel him cutting off my nose in the OP. i hate my noSE, i hate i i hate it i hate it=

hatemynose

Post by hatemynose » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 1:15 am

hey giraffe,

i went for consultation wtih dr martin huang. hes very very profesional and takes time to explain everything in detail. hes just very very expensive as well. my estimiated cost = 14k. i would have definently gone to him if it was 8~9 k. 14 k is just too steep already... but i recommend him to those with money and dont want to leave singapore.

so thats why i decided to do it in korea, about 8 k total... but u shld consult a good ps in singapore first so he can explain eveyrthing to u. Dr Kim is soo soo busy that he dont have time to explain to me the complications that might occur, the details of the op, and he left alof ot things out (lucky i prepared already so i know mostly what was going to happen). he just wirtes down a piece of paper the procedures he thnks is good, and then gives it to the nuse who will explain in detail(thenh after this he rushes into another op omg!). but then she only speaks in korean and thru my translkator, i feel not all information is passsed to me.

gl!

mountain

Post by mountain » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 2:09 am

Hate my nose...and My nose

what kind of implant did you have?

My nose...did you ask for medium or high...

that's the clinic does operates Korean stars...

it's hard though right when you don't speak English
but I think Korea is a good place for rhino
since they seem to specialize in ti..

Hang in there...both of you will look so pretty :D