Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 1:52 am

appletree wrote:ERmmm... how does a 3D eyebrow looks like? Care to share the pics?? :P
aadvark wrote:
ellin18 wrote:Hi Kogal,

I am planning to do nose and epicantoplasty. I am thinking of giving my eyebrow a 3D view as well. But I am not sure where I want to do.
haha, the other time, one week after my surgery, i went jean yip for 3d eyebrow embroidery.... special offer at SGD588 but still felt a bit of the pinch cos my whole surgery cost only SGD1K, my eyebrows cost more than half that!

but not too bad la, really look like real hair. instead of just one overall shape like tradition eyebrow tattoo, they create the shape by drawing diagonal lines, so the lines look like real hair... quite realistic... pretty natural looking after 1 week.

but 1st week do liao, i looked a bit like la4 bi3 xiao3 xing1... haha, so i had to actually use concealer on my eyebrows!

bobien, my family has some weird genetic trait where there is an obvious break in the middle of our eyebrows (like kena shaved off), which i read is really bad for face fengshui...
You can see from here abt my eyebrows...

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 2:20 am

Wah sey, thanks for posting ur pics in the forum. lol
Ermm... ur eyebrows looks real man!!!

nosecraze
Regular
Regular

hey advaark!

Post by nosecraze » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 2:26 am

hey, do u mind to showing me some pictures of your nose before and after operation. or maybe if your girlfren who just did hers, doesnt mind, can send me as well. I seriously considering Dr Nara, but was hoping if can see some pictures or real life examples first.
Thanks!

Email to [email protected].
Thanks alot! =)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: hey advaark!

Post by aadvark » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 4:21 am

nosecraze wrote:hey, do u mind to showing me some pictures of your nose before and after operation. or maybe if your girlfren who just did hers, doesnt mind, can send me as well. I seriously considering Dr Nara, but was hoping if can see some pictures or real life examples first.
Thanks!

Email to [email protected].
Thanks alot! =)
these are the cropped out pix of me and my fren, for anonymity's sake :)
prob the only pix of Dr Nara's handiwork on the web! Haha, he should pay me ad fees :D

only did bridge, we thinking of doing alar next

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 4:29 am

ellin18 wrote:Hi,

I have just called kalo. I will be going over this wednesday for consultation. Im not sure what to expect.... :?
as Yen said, u should try to speak to ms tay, the main consultant. the one i spoke to like know a bit dunnoe a bit, was quite annoyed...

kalo definitely offers more services than dr nara. for how good both are, i would say check out the pix in the forum to compare... i think yen's nose is nice, but i also like mine and my fren's, so really up to u to decide :D

price-wise, for the same things, dr nara is definitely cheaper than kalo, which was what brought me to hatyai in the first place... cos i'm a guy living in poverty, hahaha :D

so in the end, depends on what you like, and how much u can afford ba

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: hello

Post by aadvark » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 4:44 am

ahmeilover wrote:hello adveerk... thanks for your reply...

May i noe for the chin implant rite.. where is the wound ah? for nose implant is inside our nostril ma... cannot see at all.. what abt chin implant? Thanks!

Kogal...

i tink we need either nose trimming or alarplasty.. depends on what the dr wanna do for us.... :D
chin implant also inside. inside the mouth.
if u look into mirror, and pull ur lip down, u can see where ur flesh meets the gum?

they will make the incision there and insert the implant from there then sew back. chin implants can be done either internal or external.

internal good thing of course is cannot see scar, but hor, becos of food u eat, saliva etc, u must take be very careful. must watch what u eat then brush regularly, use mouth wash regularly until wound completely heal.

like a typical guy, i totally heck care, sometimes forgot my antibiotics also... in the end, kena infection. the tiny wound swell up and even swell SIDEWAYS! in the end, looks like a huge fat bloody leech sitting inside my mouth! my frens were all grossed out... had to go GP for antibiotics to remove infection...

chin implant also painful after anaesthetic wore off... but in the end i was most satisfied with my chin implant cos make my face look slimmer, more defined from front view...

now need to do my jaw implants so i look more defined from side view! haha :D

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 4:46 am

now thinking of doing braces, anyone know of any cheap dentist for braces? cos my teeth a bit crooked becos wisdom teeth grew out the other time... scared veneer cannot correct it...

thinking of doing laser teeth whitening at yanhee when go for surgery... USD300...

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yen2006 » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:13 am

aadvark wrote:now thinking of doing braces, anyone know of any cheap dentist for braces? cos my teeth a bit crooked becos wisdom teeth grew out the other time... scared veneer cannot correct it...

thinking of doing laser teeth whitening at yanhee when go for surgery... USD300...

Hi addvark,

Rm4800 for braces at JB near to KALO, izzit consider cheap?

kogal87
Regular
Regular

Post by kogal87 » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:09 pm

yen!
long time no see!

yen u know of any cheap veneers near KALO?

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:22 pm

aadvark wrote:
mbk wrote:
aadvark wrote:yanhee seems quite cheap hor?
i going there to do jaw, thinking of doing veneers at same time...
Which dr did you consult? did they have before and after pics? I am very intrested in mandibular angle implants and wrap around chin implants but duno which doc does it. Been on consultations but not happy yet... I am very interested in what you have found
emailed them and dr nomar replied... still bouncing emails back and forth... so far found out:

1. USD$1200
2. outpatient procedure, means can go shopping after surgery! :D
3. 7 days after surgery must go back to remove stitches and review
4. they use silicone implant
5. they do it internally, from within the mouth

gonna ask them whether they got shave the implant before insertion, and placement of the implant...

Why did you choose Dr. Nara? I am a little worried about going to the south but curious why you didn't choose any Bangkok doctors. I am in Bangkok now doing my consultations...

Aardvak can I have your email please... mine is [email protected]

I would really like to know how your mandibular angles turn out.. also what kind of chin implant did u get? I real;ly want a SQUARE one and so far I have seen implants with just one shape.. I want very angular one.

Also, did your chin implant give you any verticle length from the front view? I really want this

cupid^n^starz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cupid^n^starz » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 3:12 pm

kogal87 wrote:yanhee's veneer
1 for USD80
its amazingly cheap leh..

i heard SG's one is like...$500/$600 per veneer
how come yours so exp?! =x

oh anyway in order to fit the veneer, MIGHT have to modify ur original tooth abit, but really MINIMAL! so dont really hav to worry =)
EH! Just slightly read it! No! porcelain veneers is not that cheap.even in Thailand, I think $80usd /teeth is for Composite veneers. Not Porcelain veneers like the web I gave you. Its really different. composite veneers just a simple filling of your teeth for crooked teeth.
Please reconform it again... good luck.

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hey advaark!

Post by taurus19 » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 4:04 pm

aadvark,

very nice you and your friend.
See the world from a different vantage point

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 4:05 pm

yen2006,

is it beide KALO? when you going to do your eyelid?

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 4:15 pm

Hi yen,

Braces for RM4800 is cheap! but then u have to travel thro n fro...very ma fan. keke
The current rates for a private clinic in sg is charging S$4000++ for braces.

yen2006 wrote:
aadvark wrote:now thinking of doing braces, anyone know of any cheap dentist for braces? cos my teeth a bit crooked becos wisdom teeth grew out the other time... scared veneer cannot correct it...

Hi addvark,

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 4:23 pm

yen2006 wrote:

Hi addvark,

yen
this is normal braces or ......