Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:44 am

Hi Superstar,

Do you mind replying Ocean 11's message here? I am also doing research for rhinoplasty too, having do researching almost 6 mths. Would love to know the doc you are going for. My prelim plan is to go for S. Korea Dr. Jung Dung Hak, but the high cost (USD5,000 at least for ops alone) is my concern. Would love to explore more options before I make the final decision. Bumrrugrad is my another choice, but I called up the hotline and the nurse of Dr. Poomee said he is not doing nose surgery anymore... am very puzzle. Anyway, would be really grateful to have you to share your info.

Many thx!
Rabbit

superstar wrote:Hi Ocean 11, I'm going to Bumrrugrad Hospital in Nov. Got everything booked. If u intend to go maybe we can meet up there & have a chat

ocean11 wrote:Hi astar,

would love to.. but i can't wait that long.. i got to do it now, because mine hb is overseas, will be back end of oct.. so i had to do before he's back.. but i still building guts rite now.. i am really really scare... so it i'm doing now or i don do ever!! :cry:

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 1:23 am

Rabbit
why don u try Yanhee hospital?? they only charge USD450 which is dirt cheap!!
and heard the skil is good as well..
anyway, rhinoplasty can be remove if u don like it.. and it will go back to ur normal self.. so no harm trying..

superstar

Post by superstar » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 6:12 pm

Ocean 11, my e-mail is [email protected].
I'm going for a tummy tuck. Hilda has been so kind to tell me all about it as she just had one done.

ocean11 wrote:Superstar,
Do u mind to leave me ur email addy? i will email u.. :wink:

superstar

Post by superstar » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 6:14 pm

Sorry, its [email protected]
superstar wrote:Ocean 11, my e-mail is [email protected].
I'm going for a tummy tuck. Hilda has been so kind to tell me all about it as she just had one done.

superstar

Post by superstar » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 6:16 pm

sorry, its [email protected]
superstar wrote:Ocean 11, my e-mail is [email protected].

Broke

Re: To: Catalyst

Post by Broke » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 6:16 pm

Hi Irenea.
I agreed with you that Dr Yeap is a good considerate and caring doctor.
Did your relatives do liposuction? :D

How did you find Dr Fok? :?

How do you rate the skills of your korean Dr and those Singapore Dr? :P

I heard from my korean friend that Korean Dr can lengthen the eyes which Singaorean Dr can't? Is it true??

Care to share which Korean Dr you when to? :)

Irenea wrote:Hi there! :)

I think you got it wrong, i did not go for any surgery by Dr Yeap. It's my aunts and they are happy after the surgeries. Scroll up to read again. :D I did have surgery done but they are not performed by Dr Yeap.

I had consulted Dr Harry Fok instead. He's from Sinova Medical located at Paragon #12. And had seen Dr Tan Kok Chai from SGH in 1998.

Broke

Re: Surgeries I did....:)

Post by Broke » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 6:21 pm

Irenea

Can share with me about your Liposuction by the korean doctor?

1) Hw much?
2) lumpy?
3)recovering period?
4) does he do belly button modification?
5) Dr?

Thanks

Irenea wrote:All over!

Looking good is in the trend now. 10 years ago, My secondary school friend already started pasting double eye-lid stickers on her eyes to give that little crease supposingly to make the eye look more appealing.

Her sister also went for cosmetic surgery for the eye-lids to achieve the crease, she showed me some of her family photos and i was like "WOW" , it really makes a significant difference in their appearances. And they were happy about it.

I love to have full lips and i got an implant to augment it. My eyes done, my nasal bridge is also risen, and fat injection into my cheeks.

I 'd love to have my chest size increase to a D cup so when i wear any clothing i'd look just as sexy as Ann KOk, i got a chin implant as well to balance up my face.

I wasn't at my ideal height of 1.7m, when i am in secondary school, i always admire those who are tall and slim, they appear elegant in a way, I was kinda short (around 1.59m???) and my waist measuring 29inches. I saw a surgeon in Korea and he perform modification to my ankles, my calfs, and liposuction of the tummy and waist.

I am very happy to say now i look so healthy and people commented i look like an athelete! While in the past, comments like "couch potato" really makes me depress and i know i got to do something to help myself feel more accepted in the society.

Being judge prematurely because we don't look good enough to people's standards are a terrible feel. I went through many ridicules and sarcastic comments, i can empathize with those who are ridiculed just because of their image.

Rather than, being selfish and using my appearances/image for the wrong motives (seducing people, controlling men to weaken their will or to manipulate - using beauty to lie in blame shifting, ), I'd definitely will not resort to the cunning way to hurt others. Instead i want to be an ambassador of plastic reconstructive/cosmetic speakperson and help to promote the awareness of how it can improve your situation. I believe all of us start out with an healthy amount of self-esteem. Unfortunately along the way, we meet people who for unknown reasons gave us unkind, sarcastic, jeering comments and even ridiculing us for looking unpleasant, e.g pig, dog, etc. These insolent remarks will inevitably bring detrimental consequences to the pychological health for some

With the rapid and advance technology today, we can give our selves a total makeover, making it beneficial for those who already possessed inner beauty but are constant ostracized or rejected due to their unattractive appearances. Plastic/reconstructive /cosmetic sugeries are approached to achieve an enhanced results to our persona so to speak, achieving a balanced attractiveness of not only the inner, but outwards beauty as well.

I appreciate moral values. If a person has an external attractiveness, but is mean, inconsiderate, greedy and do bad stuffs like harming, manipulatling others for selfish gain, perhaps he/she will have to work more in their inner-self.

As a keen person in philosophy, I like the quote from Proverbs in the BIBLE ," Guard your heart above all things else for from it springs the issues of our life"

Having an attractive heart is also imperative as with time, external beauty will fade away.

xyxyxy

Post by xyxyxy » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:14 pm

Hi.. I wish to go to Yanhee to do my nose job in late Oct or early Nov. Maybe we can accompany each other? I have emailed Yanhee to get some details. Can forward you the information if you wish. Sorry, tried to pm you but can't seem to do it.. so i have to a public posting... :oops:

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:29 pm

Hi Ocean 11,

Thx for your advice. But I've had 1 ala reducation before (BTW, it's by Dr. CL Yeap) and was not satisfy (not visible improvement), I really wanted this time to be the last cosmetic surgery in my life, so am trying to do more research and choose the best one. Cost is one factor, but not the most critical one... but S$450 is really cheap...

Just FYI, I read some post in page 20 - 30 (somewhere around there), that there is someone give -ve comment on Yanhee, but suggest Bumrungrad instead. You may want to do more checking.

BTW, Superstar, do you mind to share which doc you are going for, guess it will benefit for a lot of poor soul out there who are still doing research for rhinoplasty.... like me...

Thx!
Rabbit
ocean11 wrote:Rabbit
anyway, rhinoplasty can be remove if u don like it.. and it will go back to ur normal self.. so no harm trying..

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 1:02 am

ocean11 wrote: anyway, rhinoplasty can be remove if u don like it.. and it will go back to ur normal self.. so no harm trying..
precisely why i dun mind going for rhinoplasty!!! cos i know the silicon is removable!!!

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 9:45 am

xyxyxy,

Do you want to go this coming Monday?? If you ok with such short notice! leave me your email addy, i email you mine flying date. :wink:

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:15 am

Hi rabbit,
I had done quite a number research and asked numbers of friends that had went to Yanhee before, their comment are all positive and i saw their works.. i must say it really good.. but then again, i always believe PS need lotsa luck.. Heard good and bad comment on Dr Yeap and saw his works as well, some are good and natural and some looks unreal and actificial.. so i guess depend on your luck whether the doc are on high spirit during the op.... :lol:

My parent in law stays in BKK for a while, they knew Yanhee is famous and really specialize in PS, and Bumrungrad is famous in gerenal health..

Give it a try, no pain no gain.. :wink: and wish me luck ok.. really need them!!

Rabbit wrote:Hi Ocean 11,

Thx for your advice. But I've had 1 ala reducation before (BTW, it's by Dr. CL Yeap) and was not satisfy (not visible improvement), I really wanted this time to be the last cosmetic surgery in my life, so am trying to do more research and choose the best one. Cost is one factor, but not the most critical one... but S$450 is really cheap...

Just FYI, I read some post in page 20 - 30 (somewhere around there), that there is someone give -ve comment on Yanhee, but suggest Bumrungrad instead. You may want to do more checking.

BTW, Superstar, do you mind to share which doc you are going for, guess it will benefit for a lot of poor soul out there who are still doing research for rhinoplasty.... like me...

Thx!
Rabbit
ocean11 wrote:Rabbit

xyxyxy

Post by xyxyxy » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 1:49 pm

ocean11 wrote:xyxyxy,

Do you want to go this coming Monday?? If you ok with such short notice! leave me your email addy, i email you mine flying date. :wink:
wah.. too short notice.. i thought need @ least 1 week to make an appointment with Yanhee? Guess you have done that then..
i have not done that, neither have I got my tickets, accomodation & annual leave.. next monday will be abit hard..

was thinking the earliest is last week October.. My best timing is 2nd week Nov.. cos it's after the Deepavali & Puasa Public Holidays and before the school holidays.. getting air tickets and accomodation is easier..

well, I guess I will have to wait & get you to share your experience when you are back then.. my email's [email protected].. Please email me soon to share all the information & stuff you have to prepare before u go BKK.. If you wish to that is.. :D

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 7:49 pm

Hi Ocean 11,

Yes, can't agree more that PS is about luck! I've originally decided to go Korea on 25 Oct (but haven't booked anything), now after talking to you... I'm a bit shaky... after all S$11K is not a small sum. Do you have some web-site that shows the work of the doctors in Yanhee? I searched high and low and still get nothing. Guess that will help me to make up my mind.

Many thanks and, wish you all the best in your ops and in your trip!

Rdgs,
Rabbit

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:43 pm

heyz! if u guys have read earlier posts, theres a medical agent by the name of medictb who seems quite knowledgeable about plastic surgery in thailand. well, i contacted her before and she recommended dr preecha as one of the better docs but she said that she will not recommend yan hee hospital leh!! so i'm rather apprehensve about doing my op there and am more inclined to do it at PAI which is of course much moe expensive.. how how?? anybody got any evidence or something to show that yan hee hospital is really trustworthy?? and which doc is good?? as for medictb, she said she will reply my mail in a few days time but its been months and i've not heard from her anymore... :???: