Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Implant

Post by jovinliu » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 9:50 am

I do not like talking to a professional and he/she starts fiddling with his/her HP. Bad impression. You are paying consultation fee hence he is actually PAID to answer questions. Having to answer the same question many many times, or having to answer "silly" questions is not really an excuse. I'm a Consultant myself, and i liaise alot with customers. But if i start checking my HP or yawning when talking with them, it looks bad on my professionalism, agree? This is especially so for a doctor!

/Jovin

aloha wrote:Hi there, I'm not sure if your friend is referring to Dr. Tan Kok Chai. If yes, then I'll agree he is pretty good. He's the associate professor - the most senior of all the plastic surgeons at sgh. He did my mole removal and was very good and professional. I went to consult him for a nose implant recently, I won't say he has an attitude problem just that perhaps he has to answer so many queries on PS (some of the questions are pretty silly I must say cos i ask silly questions myself too!) so he tends to be a bit quick when replying you or jumping at your questions and he would check his mobile when talking to you but he is actually listening to you. He gives me a sense of assurance and reliability which i think is important, u must be able to establish some kind of rapport with your plastic surgeon. You can request for a consultation with him if you are contemplating PS at sgh.

....... wrote:You guys surely do not know how inferior it feels to have small bossoms. Especially when people make fun of you.

Any way I intended to go for implant as well, but i heard stories hereby the implant is not inserted properly-one up one down. Which sound quite scary for me.

My friend who did a nose job recommended me to Dr Tan in SGH. But i heard he has got attitude problem. Consultation cost $70. :roll:
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: nose implants @ sgh

Post by jovinliu » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:00 am

Just go ahead with the operation. No point going for the injection because 99% of the time you WILL go ahead with the operation in the end. Nobody will complain about a higher and sharper nose, correct?

Woffles Wu's filler injection don't come cheap too, around $1500. It's going to last for a few months only, so what's the point? Might as well save that up for your op.

Why do in Singapore? Your doc is charging you S$2.5k, S$1400 if you do in Taiwan. Plus air tix and accomodation, it will end up almost the same. If you do not want to stay in Taiwan for 5 days to remove stitches, can inform your PS to use the dissolvable one. But of course its up to you, maybe you feel confident with Dr Seah's skills that it why you decide to do it in Singapore.

/Jovin
aloha wrote:hi i need help from you guys here for my urgent dilemma..

i've made an appointment to have a nose implant at sgh next thurs. the surgeon did my mole removal before and he is very good and he gives me a sense of assurance so i decided to go back to him. the cost is ard S$2.5

then i realise dr. woffles wu does this injection implant thingy which is temp and lasts ard 7-10 mths and allows u to assess if u r really keen on getting a perm nose job done.

from what i know, a permanent nose implant overtime will be enveloped by the body's natural cartilage which will make the nose a few millimetres bigger and sometimes the implant will "slide" slightly sidewards as the yrs go by or if you accidentally shove it with your hands!!! but for injection implants, some commented that the effect disappears after a few mths!!!

so how?? should i opt for an injection implant first or just go ahead with the operation at sgh? should i go sgh or to woffles wu? pls help..

cyke69sg

Post by cyke69sg » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:18 am

jovinliu wrote:I do not like talking to a professional and he/she starts fiddling with his/her HP. Bad impression. You are paying consultation fee hence he is actually PAID to answer questions. Having to answer the same question many many times, or having to answer "silly" questions is not really an excuse. I'm a Consultant myself, and i liaise alot with customers. But if i start checking my HP or yawning when talking with them, it looks bad on my professionalism, agree? This is especially so for a doctor!

/Jovin

I agree. However I will give you another perspective from a doctor's point of view.

Sometimes we give our number to patients. They might call in the middle of a consultation. I usually would answer and if it is not an emergency, then I'd tell them I'm with a patient and call them back. But if it is an emergency, I let the patient know.

Some doctors perhaps do not communicate this well.

I guess in PS there is few if any emergencies :lol:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:39 pm

jovinliu wrote:Just go ahead with the operation. No point going for the injection because 99% of the time you WILL go ahead with the operation in the end. Nobody will complain about a higher and sharper nose, correct?

Woffles Wu's filler injection don't come cheap too, around $1500. It's going to last for a few months only, so what's the point? Might as well save that up for your op.

Why do in Singapore? Your doc is charging you S$2.5k, S$1400 if you do in Taiwan. Plus air tix and accomodation, it will end up almost the same. If you do not want to stay in Taiwan for 5 days to remove stitches, can inform your PS to use the dissolvable one. But of course its up to you, maybe you feel confident with Dr Seah's skills that it why you decide to do it in Singapore.

/Jovin

i've made an appointment to have a nose implant at sgh next thurs. the surgeon did my mole removal before and he is very good and he gives me a sense of assurance so i decided to go back to him. the cost is ard S$2.5

then i realise dr. woffles wu does this injection implant thingy which is temp and lasts ard 7-10 mths and allows u to assess if u r really keen on getting a perm nose job done.

from what i know, a permanent nose implant overtime will be enveloped by the body's natural cartilage which will make the nose a few millimetres bigger and sometimes the implant will "slide" slightly sidewards as the yrs go by or if you accidentally shove it with your hands!!! but for injection implants, some commented that the effect disappears after a few mths!!!

so how?? should i opt for an injection implant first or just go ahead with the operation at sgh? should i go sgh or to woffles wu? pls help..
Do what u feel like, but :

if u wanna go for injection, dun need go to WW for such a simple inection, get other cheaper doc will do. in fact dun need to go to WW at all since he is not known to have exceptional skill in any PS.
In PS, it is more impt to have skill than fame..

if u wanna go for the op, my only suggestion is ask the doc for a natural look. if ur features dun suit a high bridge, than advoid it. u wouldnt want ppl to notice tat u went PS easily by just looking at u.

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 5:06 pm

Fair enough :) But i did come across a PS who answered his friend's call during my consultation with him, and they start talking about golf!

cyke69sg wrote:
jovinliu wrote:I do not like talking to a professional and he/she starts fiddling with his/her HP. Bad impression. You are paying consultation fee hence he is actually PAID to answer questions. Having to answer the same question many many times, or having to answer "silly" questions is not really an excuse. I'm a Consultant myself, and i liaise alot with customers. But if i start checking my HP or yawning when talking with them, it looks bad on my professionalism, agree? This is especially so for a doctor!

/Jovin

I agree. However I will give you another perspective from a doctor's point of view.

Sometimes we give our number to patients. They might call in the middle of a consultation. I usually would answer and if it is not an emergency, then I'd tell them I'm with a patient and call them back. But if it is an emergency, I let the patient know.

Some doctors perhaps do not communicate this well.

I guess in PS there is few if any emergencies :lol:

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 5:14 pm

tanjhj wrote:
jovinliu wrote:Just go ahead with the operation. No point going for the injection because 99% of the time you WILL go ahead with the operation in the end. Nobody will complain about a higher and sharper nose, correct?

/Jovin

if u wanna go for injection, dun need go to WW for such a simple inection, get other cheaper doc will do. in fact dun need to go to WW at all since he is not known to have exceptional skill in any PS.

if u wanna go for the op, my only suggestion is ask the doc for a natural look. if ur features dun suit a high bridge, than advoid it. u wouldnt want ppl to notice tat u went PS easily by just looking at u.
He is well-knownnnnn.... well-known to be bloody expensive! :lol:

I won't say he don't have exceptionally good skills in PS. The reservation i have about going to him is because of the exorbitant fee he charge.

I saw Dawn Yeo's recently photo. And to be honest, she looks scary. Very big eyes very high nose very sharp chin very small face. She looks unnatural. Overall of course looks nice like anime-character, but to be honest, 1 look you can tell she did extensive PS to get her current looks. I feel very uncomfortable looking at her, because she no longer look natural anymore.

As long as you have $, you can do whatever surgeries you want. But you really must know when to stop, because u want ppl to be attracted to your natural good-look, not start pointing at you and wonder how much PS you had done.

/Jovin

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 5:36 pm

jovinliu wrote:
tanjhj wrote:

/Jovin

He is well-knownnnnn.... well-known to be bloody expensive! :lol:

I won't say he don't have exceptionally good skills in PS. The reservation i have about going to him is because of the exorbitant fee he charge.

I saw Dawn Yeo's recently photo. And to be honest, she looks scary. Very big eyes very high nose very sharp chin very small face. She looks unnatural. Overall of course looks nice like anime-character, but to be honest, 1 look you can tell she did extensive PS to get her current looks. I feel very uncomfortable looking at her, because she no longer look natural anymore.

As long as you have $, you can do whatever surgeries you want. But you really must know when to stop, because u want ppl to be attracted to your natural good-look, not start pointing at you and wonder how much PS you had done.

/Jovin
well said, must listen for all potential PS ppl. most of those who came here to get info & courage for their PS, stop coming back after they did their PS to enjoy life, while Jovin is still here to share and educate.

What she said is of actual uses and beneficial for pre and post PS ppl. Thus MUST listen. agree that dawn yeo dun look good to me at all, she has totally lost her identity in her new artificial looks. however, am glad that if the totally makeover makes her truly happy.

aloha

Post by aloha » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 5:37 pm

thks for all your contributions...ya i guess it makes sense to just go straight for the perm job. but i'm really skeptical about the condition of a foreign implant as yrs go by....your skin elasticity and everything else loosen and sag when you grow old so i'm just afraid there may be serious complications many years later to the extend it may require a huge op to remove that implant.

if costs is not an issue, would you guys rather have yr ps done in sg or overseas still? seems like nobody has such surgery done at sgh before! *worried*

for those who have done a nose implant - does the thing inside slide around or "drop" off the spine of the nose when you accidentally knock agst it?

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 6:01 pm

/Jovin

i agree wif jovin... tt time i was deciding between filler n implant surgery n in the end dr seah advise me to go for rhinoplasty cos its nt pain n can last a lifetime as compared to filler

somemore filler cant gv u drastic effect

gartheven2000

about taiwan

Post by gartheven2000 » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 8:50 pm

hi Jovin, tanhj and all the rest of the taiwan experts,

How did you find out which taiwanese doctor to go to? Purely from the internet alone and then email the doctor? Your Chinese reading muz be good rite? Discovered that since my Chinese is not good, it's really difficult to surf their sites, get info and decide which are the most suitable ones!

rainbow5
Regular
Regular

Post by rainbow5 » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:13 pm

Hi tanjhj,

I am so glad that I found someone who had the same good sentiments that I had for Han Fong. I chanced uopn the Hanfong website sometime back & I was totally amazed by the results of the double eyelid surgery.

I was considering either Dr Danny Oh or Han Fong but Han Fong seems to be a better choice

May I checked with you does Han Fong do the Korean incisional style double eyelid that u were talking about? I wld like to have a shorter recovery time & avoid scarring.

Some of the Han Fong pics showed gals with very natural result just after 3 weeks. Is that an underestimation as it seems unbelievable for cutting method to recover to such a natural state in just 3 weeks.

Jovin,

May I know if there is any visible scar for your double eyelids? I am afraid hat cutting method wld leave a permanent scar and looked unnatural....

Thanks alot !

vitamins
Regular
Regular

Post by vitamins » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:28 pm

hihi.. not sure if u all noe about this.... if i get rhinoplasty job.. and wanna do alarplasty / alar reduction later, how long do i have to wait after the 1st rhino job?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:32 pm

aloha wrote:thks for all your contributions...ya i guess it makes sense to just go straight for the perm job. but i'm really skeptical about the condition of a foreign implant as yrs go by....your skin elasticity and everything else loosen and sag when you grow old so i'm just afraid there may be serious complications many years later to the extend it may require a huge op to remove that implant.

if costs is not an issue, would you guys rather have yr ps done in sg or overseas still? seems like nobody has such surgery done at sgh before! *worried*

for those who have done a nose implant - does the thing inside slide around or "drop" off the spine of the nose when you accidentally knock agst it?
actually the idea of implant lasting a "lifetime" is very misleading as "lifetime imprisonment" is not really lifetime but 20-30 years jail. Thus a lifetime implants may means 20-30 yrs lifetime.

It is common that a implant needed to be replaced after > 10 years as thus do bear in mind that u may need to go for a revision once every 10-20 years as there may be wear and tear from the implants. Unless the implants is organic as in Rib bone or soft bone from your own tissue, the manmade implant does suffer from wear and tear , movement and detachment as they dun stick and grow with the flesh and bones.

personally i dun like doing at local hospital. reviews has not been nice from there.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:41 pm

rainbow5 wrote:Hi tanjhj,

I am so glad that I found someone who had the same good sentiments that I had for Han Fong. I chanced uopn the Hanfong website sometime back & I was totally amazed by the results of the double eyelid surgery.

I was considering either Dr Danny Oh or Han Fong but Han Fong seems to be a better choice

May I checked with you does Han Fong do the Korean incisional style double eyelid that u were talking about? I wld like to have a shorter recovery time & avoid scarring.

Some of the Han Fong pics showed gals with very natural result just after 3 weeks. Is that an underestimation as it seems unbelievable for cutting method to recover to such a natural state in just 3 weeks.

Jovin,

May I know if there is any visible scar for your double eyelids? I am afraid hat cutting method wld leave a permanent scar and looked unnatural....

Thanks alot !
Nope, hanfong only does standard style PS thus i have strike Hanfong off my chart. If i does go for standard style PS, i rather fo to Danny Oh of penang, who is much cheaper and has vast experienece as he is trained in USA.

As for PS, i prefer to go for Specialist for each feature than One doctor do all. Reason is that, usually a doctor are good in 1 or 2 features and doctors that does all surgery usually has average results. Of coz cost may be issue here, i rather pay more than be sorry.

Scaring for 2X eyelid is definite for the 1st 6 mths as scaring takes 6 mths to mature and than slowly subside, thus i recommended korean style incision for less scar. For guys, who dun wear makeup, korean style is the only way else u will be a laughing stocks for the 1st 6 mths..

For taiwan i choose it becoz of cost and skills. if i do have the money, i would choose Korea anytime. I dun favour thailand due to the fact they only does Standard PS style. Once they pick up the "Asian Catered" Korean Style PS, i will definitely choose it, due to cost saving.
Last edited by tanjhj on Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: about taiwan

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:50 pm

gartheven2000 wrote:hi Jovin, tanhj and all the rest of the taiwan experts,

How did you find out which taiwanese doctor to go to? Purely from the internet alone and then email the doctor? Your Chinese reading muz be good rite? Discovered that since my Chinese is not good, it's really difficult to surf their sites, get info and decide which are the most suitable ones!
FOr general reference (my own recommendation)
For eyes only, go to Dr Su (Taiwan)
for Nose only, go to Dr Hsu (Taiwan)
For Breast implant, go to DR Hsu or Wish Clinic (Taiwan)
For 1 Clinic fix all, go to Dr Hsu, Hanfong, Wish Clinic, Dr Somsak ( BKK) & Dr Danny Oh (penang)

For those that wanna do eyes and lasik and nose job,

the recommended steps from Dr Su is:
1)Nose or brows( recommended implants for those that have weak brow but want high bridge)
2)Eyelid
3)Lasik