Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 7:07 pm

Hi astar!!
:D I am fine indeed!! thanks for ur praying once again!
The op thru out u really have no pain, but u can feel that ur nose is being "touched" by lotsa ppls... hehehehe.. and u know wat? the op is so fast! it only about 10min for Dr Sukit to operate.. i think he really very experience! i will take out the bangadge on Fri, and see the Doc on Sun.

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 7:13 pm

Oh saw ur post about the scary being alone in BKK.. hmm.. i must say BKK is really safe, as long u don go to those dark alley and don go out too late alone, it should be fine.. and most impt don stays in those 'wu lu' hotel if possible! stay somewhere that is near town.. u don have to go to Yanhee Hopsital everyday, so u can stay in town area.. cos YH area abit out of place and nothing there.. at least after that u can shop at town area and safer too..don worry, i always travel alone, this time round i am scare is becos of the PS!! hehehehe.. but now over liao!! wat a relieve!!!!! :lol:

astar wrote:heyz!! oh wow!! from ur postings, u're safe and sound!! GREAT!! hahhaha.. issit scary being alone there?? was it painful after the op?? when are u taking off your bandages?? must eat well in the meantime to nourish your body ya??? glad to know that you are alright! :D n u're welcome abt the praying thing!! :) it was nothing lahz..jus a friendly gesture! :wink:

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 7:41 pm

10 min?!?! so fast??? u did reduction or jus the bridge only? on your first consultation, how did it go?? i scared i dunno what to say when i go there.. hahhaa.. n were u under local anasthesia?? tats y u can feel ppl touching your nose?? the holiday inn hotel rite, how far is it from the hospital?? n how much are e room rates?? and when u first arrived at the airport, was there anybody to pick u up?? or do u have to take a cab there?? i heard the cab drivers cheat foreigners one leh.. so musst be careful! so you're gonna be there for a week?? oooh.. r u gonna do SHOPPING???wahaha... hows the food by the way?? issit expensive eating in the hotel?? i on budget trip ma.. so must plan everything carefully! :shock: hahhaha... paiseh for bombarding u with questions.. u can tell me when u free lah.. cos i tink you must be feeling tired oso too rite?? :wink:

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 8:21 pm

Wow.. :o that is alot of qns!! hehehehe.. ok let ans u one by one..

1. Yes it that fast! 10min done!!

2. Lucky me just need to do the bridge only

3. 1st consultation just ask watever i need to ask, and Dr sukit will see whether how high u need for ur bridge and do u need to do reduction. and take a couples of pic.

4. I do not not know whether it is call local anasthersia, cos it make u sleep and slowing u became abit of concious but still no pain, and u can feel they are touching ur nose. so no worries, no pain at all during op..

5. Ya, holiday inn.. it about 35-40mins away from the hotel to YH, depend on the traffic condition. YH area cosider quite outskirt actually.. this is why i say u beta stays in town hotel esp u going alone. Room rate abit on the high side S$127 per nite, cos it a re-renovated hotel, it really new and nice! service is excellent! and most imptly, the hotel staffs can speak good english, and when u take the cab from the hotel lobby, they bell boy will take down the taxi number u took, just in case if anything happens to u *touch wood ofcos* they can trace.. i know u on the budget tour, but u would rather pay more if come to ur own safety!!

6. I took a cab from airport taxi stand, cos if u wanna to arrange the transfer thru the hotel it going to cost u bomb, so it really not necessary.. just take from the taxi stand outside the airport it alrite..

7. the food here is excellent!! Bkk is like a 2nd home to me!! cos i came here so many times but nvr get sick of their foods!! so spicy so nice!! but got to warn u, after the op u can't take spicy foods, so i being having room service for 2 days.. yuck! :-|

phew.. Hope i ans ur qns.
:wink:

astar wrote:10 min?!?! so fast??? u did reduction or jus the bridge only? on your first consultation, how did it go?? i scared i don't know what to say when i go there.. hahhaa.. n were u under local anasthesia?? tats y u can feel ppl touching your nose?? the holiday inn hotel rite, how far is it from the hospital?? n how much are e room rates?? and when u first arrived at the airport, was there anybody to pick u up?? or do u have to take a cab there?? i heard the cab drivers cheat foreigners one leh.. so musst be careful! so you're gonna be there for a week?? oooh.. r u gonna do SHOPPING???wahaha... hows the food by the way?? issit expensive eating in the hotel?? i on budget trip ma.. so must plan everything carefully! :shock: hahhaha... paiseh for bombarding u with questions.. u can tell me when u free lah.. because i tink you must be feeling tired oso too rite?? :wink:

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 8:33 pm

wow! tat was fast!! thanks for the reply!!! i tink i know all tat i need to know liao ba.. THATS IT!!! I'M GONNA DO IT!!!! hahahaa... CONFIRM PLUS CHOP PLUS GUARANTEE LIAO!!! :D :D :D :lol:

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 8:40 pm

Whahaha.. u also very fast!!!! :lol: when are u going?? next year rite?? I think Dr Sukit is good!
oh!! and when i spoke to him in the op room, he siad that he knew Dr Woffles Wu very well! then he asked did i consult Dr Wu b4? i say i did, then he said, next time if i got chance to meet Dr Wu again, asked me to send his regards! hehehe... Good luck to u gal!! Hopes everyone in the forum will become beautiful!! :wink:

astar wrote:wow! tat was fast!! thanks for the reply!!! i tink i know all tat i need to know already ba.. THATS IT!!! I'M GONNA DO IT!!!! hahahaa... CONFIRM PLUS CHOP PLUS GUARANTEE already!!! :D :D :D :lol:

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 8:51 pm

Hi Ocean 11,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! It's really very kind of you! And great to hear that you are happy with the result! Frankly, for all the trouble we take and the worries we have, that's all we need right? Congra!

Hi Astar,

To answer your qn on pg 50, ala reduction is nothing to do with bridge, they don't even need to cut open your nose so there is no open or close method (if I'm not wrong). It's reduction (ie cut away then sew back) of the size of the nostril at the side connecting to the face, so that it look less big. You may like to do some web search to find out the types and method of rhinoplasty then make up your mind what you would like to do. Take care!

Rdgs,
Rabbit

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 9:05 pm

No worries rabbit.. i can't go out anyway cos of the swell, so got to stay in the hotel and do the ice pack thingy..
hope i really clear u guys doubts. :wink:

Rabbit wrote:Hi Ocean 11,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! It's really very kind of you! And great to hear that you are happy with the result! Frankly, for all the trouble we take and the worries we have, that's all we need right? Congra!

Hi Astar,

To answer your qn on pg 50, ala reduction is nothing to do with bridge, they don't even need to cut open your nose so there is no open or close method (if I'm not wrong). It's reduction (ie cut away then sew back) of the size of the nostril at the side connecting to the face, so that it look less big. You may like to do some web search to find out the types and method of rhinoplasty then make up your mind what you would like to do. Take care!

Rdgs,
Rabbit

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:45 pm

heyhey!! sorry.. fell aslp jus now.. hahhaha.. yupps!! i'm goin to do it next year after saving about 5K.. cos my op is to reduce the size of the nose and make it sharper... so cannot do by bridge alone den is pa USD1500 instead.. sigh.. do you think 5K is enough for the op, accomodation, air ticket and other miscellaneous fees?? cos i plan to set aside like 300 for SHOPPING!!!! hmmm.. but tink i will overspend.. hhahaa.. somemore, do they have any like hidden costs?? did u pay only USD450 and thats it, no extra charges watsoever?? oh!! and one more thing! you took cab to the hotel first?? den you left your things there while you go for the op??did you bring your valuables with you to the hospital?? stay there for 9 days.. hmmm.. do you tink its enough?? and the post op care, are there many things to take note of?? den because i'm in a lot of sports activities in school.. issit ok if i continue playing right after i come back from the trip? or do i have to wait like 1 or 2 months before i can play again?? oh my.. this time the list of questions even LONGER!!! sorry sorry!!! :lol:

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:04 pm

ocean11
i am so happy for you too!!! eh, right now i have no questions as astar is asking all that i want to ask! haha!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:56 pm

5K!! more then enough!! I only spent about less then 2500 for all..
No hidden cost, i paid 18209 baht for everythings. so it about S$743. i change at 24.5 rates.
yup i check in then i put all my valuable stuffs inside hotel safe lor.. 9 days enough la.. unless urs a big op.. my is really minor. that is why only 10 mins.
U cant have excessive excerise after the op for 2 weeks. so u got to stop.

Catalyst,
Thanks!! but still cant see now til friday take out the bangadge then can tell.. but so far so good.. *touch wood* no fever and no pain.. just abit of nose bleed on the 1st day, which is normal..

astar wrote:heyhey!! sorry.. fell aslp jus now.. hahhaha.. yupps!! i'm goin to do it next year after saving about 5K.. because my op is to reduce the size of the nose and make it sharper... so cannot do by bridge alone den is pa USD1500 instead.. sigh.. do you think 5K is enough for the op, accomodation, air ticket and other miscellaneous fees?? because i plan to set aside like 300 for SHOPPING!!!! hmmm.. but tink i will overspend.. hhahaa.. somemore, do they have any like hidden costs?? did u pay only USD450 and thats it, no extra charges watsoever?? oh!! and one more thing! you took cab to the hotel first?? den you left your things there while you go for the op??did you bring your valuables with you to the hospital?? stay there for 9 days.. hmmm.. do you tink its enough?? and the post op care, are there many things to take note of?? den because i'm in a lot of sports activities in school.. issit ok if i continue playing right after i come back from the trip? or do i have to wait like 1 or 2 months before i can play again?? oh my.. this time the list of questions even LONGER!!! sorry sorry!!! :lol:

Broke

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Post by Broke » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 9:54 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ocean 11

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Re: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Post by ocean11 » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:23 pm

thanks!! broke!! :oops:
Broke wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!!! ocean 11

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 2:41 pm

[quote="ocean11"]5K!! more then enough!! I only spent about less then 2500 for all..
No hidden cost, i paid 18209 baht for everythings. so it about S$743. i change at 24.5 rates.
yup i check in then i put all my valuable stuffs inside hotel safe lor.. 9 days enough la.. unless urs a big op.. my is really minor. that is why only 10 mins.
U cant have excessive excerise after the op for 2 weeks. so u got to stop.

only 743!!!! wa so cheap!!! do they have a website or sth whr i can find out more info??? they all can speak gd english? so its like since uf lew all the way thr, u have to do it no matter what the 1st consulation turns out rite? btw, congrats to ur new nose!

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 9:47 pm

GREETINGS EVERYONE!!

Hi! I am a newbie here .. and I would like to ask you guys for advise on NOSE surgery. My nose is kinda broad and would like to narrow it. However, I would like to do it in Singapore. I had my eyes done up before by Sinova's Dr. Seah. But I am not sure if I should let him do up my nose. Does anyone have any experience in this? Any recommendations or advise on "not to go to" doctors? Please please help me in this as I need to do it fast!! Thanks everyone!!!