Singapore Expats Forum

Singaporeans and Caucasians

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.

Sponsored by:
Image
AE Logistics - Movers & Storage

sgal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 21 Feb 2006

Postby sgal » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 7:18 pm

Im a singapore gal and actually all of my friends more or less agree on this: caucasian guys are usually more handsome, smarter and manly than asian guys. Dont get me wrong I am not a SPG. What distinguish gals like us is that we we would like to go for caucasian but dont do it as they have a bad reputation to switch their gals once per month lah.

I suppose that asian guys have every reason to be jealous - cause most girls in Singapore do prefer caucasian, though most of them dont get hooked cause they are scared to be dumped after short time. So in this sense most sing gals are SPGs while the majority would never admit it.
Dont show face lah.

Maybe some of the jealous guys and some of the gals who would like to but dont dare to vent their unease by making fun of caucasian.
So I hope you caucasian will become more humble and then suddenly you will notice that all around there are SPGs (decent version).

Leunig
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 02 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby Leunig » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 1:15 pm

Local that I work with joined a recent discussion and stated that her fellow Singaporeans are extremely rude...unlike AngMoh's. Hummm, I've seen many sides to this. Suppose perceptions and realities are different for everyone. :-) SPG's are a whole new ballgame though and probably belong under another topic heading; "Racial and cultural customs and taboos".

sgal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 21 Feb 2006

Postby sgal » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:07 pm

Leunig wrote:Local that I work with joined a recent discussion and stated that her fellow Singaporeans are extremely rude...unlike AngMoh's. Hummm, I've seen many sides to this. Suppose perceptions and realities are different for everyone. :-) SPG's are a whole new ballgame though and probably belong under another topic heading; "Racial and cultural customs and taboos".


True lah, so far most of the AngMohs i mixed with are much much friendlier than Singaporean. Extremly few are rude. But we tend to generalize and say caucs are rude by refering to those exceptions. But still I wont go for angmohs as I rather prefer a boyfriend who wont dump me after a couple of days, nevermind he is not as handsome and intelligent as a caucasian. :D

Wham
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue, 12 Apr 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Wham » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:29 pm

Sgal, I know of many Angmos that are happily married to normal serious Singaporean Wives and appear to be living happily ever after. It is a quirk of geography that many Angmos are here for 2 years or so - and give all of us a bad name while they take advantage of the opportunites that DO present themselves during their short stay here. While i tend to agree with what you write - please don't be too cynical - love could be just around the corner - and there ARE many gentleman Angmos out there.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 2:01 am

sgal wrote:But still I wont go for angmohs as I rather prefer a boyfriend who wont dump me after a couple of days, nevermind he is not as handsome and intelligent as a caucasian. :D


So your research showed Ang Mohs are handsome and intelligent (and Singaporean men are not?) and all you care about is not being dumped, no matter what?

Eric

Close Encounter
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005

Postby Close Encounter » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 9:14 am

Sgal obviously failed to realise that an Ang Moh will most likely dump her as soon as she opens her mouth.

sgal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 21 Feb 2006

Postby sgal » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 6:36 pm

Close Encounter wrote:Sgal obviously failed to realise that an Ang Moh will most likely dump her as soon as she opens her mouth.


Arrogant attitudes from angmohs like that make some singaporean behave in the way which the author of this topic finds irritating: laughing and giggling. But luckily this type of angmohs are only a small minority lah. and for those type there are lot super smart caucasian woman around which are not dumped once they open their mouse. If Asians are so stupid why dont you return to your home country??? :???:

jksg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

Postby jksg » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 9:58 pm

sgal wrote:
Close Encounter wrote:Sgal obviously failed to realise that an Ang Moh will most likely dump her as soon as she opens her mouth.


Arrogant attitudes from angmohs like that make some singaporean behave in the way which the author of this topic finds irritating: laughing and giggling. But luckily this type of angmohs are only a small minority lah. and for those type there are lot super smart caucasian woman around which are not dumped once they open their mouse. If Asians are so stupid why dont you return to your home country??? :???:


Yes why dont you just get out of here. People like you are just worth to laugh and giggle about. if your country and people are so great why are you here. Think about it.

Shazers
Regular
Regular
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue, 24 May 2005

Postby Shazers » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:19 pm

Meow,

Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder! Sgal i think that it is your opinion that you find, "ang mohs" more handsome and intelligent! Look around I would advise!! "Ang Mohs" are so passe! 8-)

Shazers
All of us are in the gutters but some are looking at the stars!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34259
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:29 pm

sgal wrote:If Asians are so stupid why dont you return to your home country??? :???:


While I don't claim to be one of the following as I am here due to family concerns, I think you will find that the local Government WANTS them to be here because as you so aptly put it..........

They are brought here to impart knowledge to the locals........

I say this a bit tongue-in-cheek but I'm sure you understand the egg on your face now.

sms

jksg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

Postby jksg » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
sgal wrote:If Asians are so stupid why dont you return to your home country??? :???:


While I don't claim to be one of the following as I am here due to family concerns, I think you will find that the local Government WANTS them to be here because as you so aptly put it..........

They are brought here to impart knowledge to the locals........

I say this a bit tongue-in-cheek but I'm sure you understand the egg on your face now.

sms


Yes the Singapore Gvt is attracting and aiming for talent and know-how. But what a joke: you come over to Singapore coz the Singapore Government wants it that way. Are you so submissive to follow the Spore Government. Nonsense. You move across the world coz whats on offer in Singapore is a much better deal of what you get at home. thats it.
Dont give us that nonsense in order to make us grateful.
Why dont you move to Africa or Iraq there are lots of countries/governments who want you to come and share knowledge and talent? how about that.

User avatar
Siong2
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed, 01 Feb 2006

Postby Siong2 » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:51 pm

jksg wrote:Why dont you move to Africa or Iraq there are lots of countries/governments who want you to come and share knowledge and talent? how about that.


That's a 3 points shot. :P

Close Encounter
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005

Postby Close Encounter » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 5:04 am

Sgal, please don’t put words into my mouth. I never said Asians are stupid, it was you who said that the Asian men are not as intelligent as the Caucasian.
You forget that your brother, brother in law (if you have any) and your father are Singaporeans and therefore Asian too, so in a round about way, you are insulting them as well!
Sorry to disappoint you but I am not an Ang Moh, I am a Singaporean.

sgal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 21 Feb 2006

Postby sgal » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 2:11 pm

Close Encounter wrote:Sgal, please don’t put words into my mouth. I never said Asians are stupid, it was you who said that the Asian men are not as intelligent as the Caucasian.
You forget that your brother, brother in law (if you have any) and your father are Singaporeans and therefore Asian too, so in a round about way, you are insulting them as well!
Sorry to disappoint you but I am not an Ang Moh, I am a Singaporean.


A humble person shouldnt judge people on their intelligence. Everyone should be treated with due respect whether hes less intelligent or damn smart.
I just related my the impression I gained: AngMohs have usually much broader general knowledge be it polititcs, science or whatever. They can talk about most issues at an reasonable level, while often Asian tend to talk about very trivial things: food, wether....maybe lack of interest.
Second they seem to think more indepth than us.
Again this is just my impression without passing any judgement. And definetely there are also smart Asians around. Please dont be offended. Maybe you would prefer a caucs woman or malay gals???? I wont be offended as a chinese Singaporean. :wink:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34259
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 9:07 pm

jksg wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
sgal wrote:If Asians are so stupid why dont you return to your home country??? :???:


While I don't claim to be one of the following as I am here due to family concerns, I think you will find that the local Government WANTS them to be here because as you so aptly put it..........

They are brought here to impart knowledge to the locals........

I say this a bit tongue-in-cheek but I'm sure you understand the egg on your face now.

sms


Yes the Singapore Gvt is attracting and aiming for talent and know-how. But what a joke: you come over to Singapore coz the Singapore Government wants it that way. Are you so submissive to follow the Spore Government. Nonsense. You move across the world coz whats on offer in Singapore is a much better deal of what you get at home. thats it.
Dont give us that nonsense in order to make us grateful.
Why dont you move to Africa or Iraq there are lots of countries/governments who want you to come and share knowledge and talent? how about that.



Looks like you failed reading comprehension didn't you? Sure we move because of what's on offer. You're a bit blur like sotong aren't you. If asians are stupid (not my words!) why shouldn't we come for the money and impart knowledge (again, tongue-in-cheek).


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests