Singapore Expats

Singaporeans and Caucasians

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
lam

Post by lam » Sun, 19 Dec 2004 4:31 pm

the world is anything but perfect
singapore is anyting than perfect

Post by Guest » Mon, 20 Dec 2004 8:28 am

jpatokal wrote:
Anonymous wrote:That’s very Singaporean of you removing certain comments you find undesirable for our expat’s ears. You are not doing anyone a favor by filtering what they should or should not hear. If fact, you are treating them with disrespect; akin to save children from hearing four letter words.

I’m sure the expats want to make up their minds based on the truth about Singapore – those misfit comments you’ve removed ARE what true Singaporeans are facing.

Please, for the sake of ‘freedom of speech’ don’t be a disciplinarian.
As stated in my original message, the messages were not deleted, they were simply moved into the Rubbish forum. You and anybody else are perfectly free to continue your infantile, off-topic namecalling there.

And hey, if I was a real Singaporean disclipinarian, I would ban you for daring to Question Authority and delete your posts to remove any evidence of opposing views :twisted:
So, you do admit the Singaporean disciplinarian will delete you should you question authority. Well, deleting means removing from accessibility - that's what you did removing messages YOU, the authority, see as unfit for public viewing. In fact, if there was freedom, there wouldn't be authority at all.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Mon, 20 Dec 2004 4:27 pm

You, my anonymous friend, appear to have serious problems with reading comprehension.
Anonymous wrote:
jpatokal wrote:And hey, if I was a real Singaporean disclipinarian, I would ban you for daring to Question Authority and delete your posts to remove any evidence of opposing views :twisted:
So, you do admit the Singaporean disciplinarian will delete you should you question authority.
"Delete you"? Well, yes, Singapore does use the death penalty but usually that's reserved for drug dealers.
Well, deleting means removing from accessibility - that's what you did removing messages YOU, the authority, see as unfit for public viewing. In fact, if there was freedom, there wouldn't be authority at all.
Nuh-uh, anything moved into the Rubbish forum is still visible for public viewing (clicky clicky).

robbie

Post by robbie » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 1:20 am

Happy New Year to all cosmopolitan and self-confident Singaporean and those who still work at it.

Post by Guest » Fri, 31 Dec 2004 8:36 pm

stratus wrote:I totally agree with u steve. i just find those whom used a different mindset to view expats as simply immatured. After all Singapore is a multi racial society. And y are expats the being treated differently.
As much as i do not want to say it but i have too, i am not a singaporean but i am chinese from australia. I feel that causian as rather aggorant here in singapore then back in aussie .. hmm i wonder why ?? is the singapore water getting up their heads and the whole expat thing ... pleaseeeeee ...... we are all equal here... i have come across so many an moh screaming and shouting singaporeans ... man give them a break

local lad

Post by local lad » Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:37 pm

Do not forget bossing the locals around. I remember my friend was asked whether he understand the instructions clearly handed down by his ang mo boss ( btw ,he is aussie ) numerously. My friend gratuated from Monash Uni and I dont think he cant understand a single word , unless his boss used ozzie slang which of course is foreign to him to a certain extent.

Post by Guest » Sun, 02 Jan 2005 5:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:
stratus wrote:I totally agree with u steve. i just find those whom used a different mindset to view expats as simply immatured. After all Singapore is a multi racial society. And y are expats the being treated differently.
As much as i do not want to say it but i have too, i am not a singaporean but i am chinese from australia. I feel that causian as rather aggorant here in singapore then back in aussie .. hmm i wonder why ?? is the singapore water getting up their heads and the whole expat thing ... pleaseeeeee ...... we are all equal here... i have come across so many an moh screaming and shouting singaporeans ... man give them a break
I just dun understand why companies have to pay maybe even 10 times a normal persons salary to get a expat over here... while all the other singaporean slaves around dying for an extra 3% increments while the expats are enjoying their daily lattes and the $ 8 dollars sandwiches... i am sure there are many capable singaporean around who will do the job and maybe even better and not needing to pay for their whole family stay and kids schooling.

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Tue, 04 Jan 2005 6:51 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
I just dun understand why companies have to pay maybe even 10 times a normal persons salary to get a expat over here... while all the other singaporean slaves around dying for an extra 3% increments while the expats are enjoying their daily lattes and the $ 8 dollars sandwiches... i am sure there are many capable singaporean around who will do the job and maybe even better and not needing to pay for their whole family stay and kids schooling.
You are either part of the over educated under experienced arse covering singaporean middle class too frigthened to do their work or don't have a clue...

No country employees expats unless they have too.

angmoh2005

odd is not it

Post by angmoh2005 » Sat, 08 Jan 2005 5:05 am

wow, i never thought that somone will make a comment like this on this forum.

you are right. the history of mankind has been a history of 'racism' and this no one can deny. this can never change. this are the people who would be quite happy to go along with racist attitude back in their own countries. but they can't stand it when they are given the taste of their own medicine. they complain.

singapore is like any other big cities of the world. you expirience racism when you visit new york, london, paris , sydney or amsterdam, don't you.

it is about time these people realized what other races and nationalities had to endure for centuries and centuries.

this is totally unbelievable and beyond anyone's comprehension!!!!!!!

non-expat501

Post by non-expat501 » Tue, 11 Jan 2005 2:29 am

What a argument is this: You are an expat, earn more than you should - thats why I disrespect you???? Blame the companies not the stuff.

BTW: There are many Caucs who ARE NOT EXPATS and earn a rather meager salary.

But its safer to disrespect all of them after all it could be an expat.

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 5:46 pm

Well, ive had enough - im leaving next week - congratulations to all racisct singaporeans who made every day of my life here a living hell. You won. :cry:

to Zebra

Post by to Zebra » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 3:32 pm

Oh please - it is YOU caucasians and your fawning idiot SPGs who are racist, not Singaporeans.

Wake up and acknowledge reality, fuzzbrain.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Jan 2005 6:19 pm

to Zebra
Oh please - it is YOU caucasians and your fawning idiot SPGs who are racist, not Singaporeans.
As an outsider, trying to understand, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought SPG stood for Singaporean Party Girl. Doesn't that make them Singaporeans? :?

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SPG

Post by SPG » Sun, 23 Jan 2005 2:51 am

SPG stands for Sarong Party Girl lah. Can do your research properly can? Just Google can already, why you ang mohs so lazy, ah? Nebber mind, as long as you buy me LV n Gucci n let me show off your white skin to my frens then can oredy.

Cosmopolitan

Take it easy

Post by Cosmopolitan » Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:08 pm

As an Asian expat who’s lived in Australia, it is little but surprising that racial hostility is what comes with the territory. It is pretty much a moot point. Having said that, a good majority of my friends are locals, and much of my time spent there has been fantastic.

I do find it particularly ironic that the new urban intelligentsia is nursing such feelings of antagonism towards Caucasian expats, as apparent in this forum. A good majority (excuse the generalization, labels are convenient and I don’t mean to offend) seem to be mimicking facets of Western pop culture. As trite as it may be, most human traits are homogenous, so quit on the hating.