Singapore Expats

Apply Student's pass for 3 years old kid (nursery class)

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
jennynguyen2016

Apply Student's pass for 3 years old kid (nursery class)

Post by jennynguyen2016 » Mon, 18 Sep 2017 5:46 pm

Last edited by jennynguyen2016 on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

dinhkhanh

Re: Apply Student's pass for 3 years old kid (nursery class)

Post by dinhkhanh » Fri, 08 Dec 2017 11:41 am

Are you Vietnamese? I am now in the same situation, could you give me your phone number to ask about this matter? Many thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Dec 2017 9:52 pm

You, with only one post and asking for phone numbers, you must be kidding. Nobody in their right mind would do that.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jennynguyen2016

Post by jennynguyen2016 » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 11:09 am

Last edited by jennynguyen2016 on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 1:39 pm

Unless your child is 6 years old and going to Primary school it probably won't happen. I thought you could go to a government sponsored Kindergarten but now that I think about it, I believe the poster above is correct.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jennynguyen2016

Post by jennynguyen2016 » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 1:49 pm

Last edited by jennynguyen2016 on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 2:19 pm

Frankly, the Government here is not stupid. They know that you both are working here, they know how much you earn, they know you are not individually earning enough to have the child here on a
Dependent's pass so they know you are doing nothing but trying to pull a fast one by using a Student's Pass to skirt the income requirement issues. That is why you have been rejected. I just spent some time looking at your previous posts. It's pretty obvious to me and you can bet ICA has seen a lot more of this type of thing than we have here.

jennynguyen2016

Post by jennynguyen2016 » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 2:39 pm

Last edited by jennynguyen2016 on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 4:23 pm

jennynguyen2016 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Frankly, the Government here is not stupid. They know that you both are working here, they know how much you earn, they know you are not individually earning enough to have the child here on a
Dependent's pass so they know you are doing nothing but trying to pull a fast one by using a Student's Pass to skirt the income requirement issues. That is why you have been rejected. I just spent some time looking at your previous posts. It's pretty obvious to me and you can bet ICA has seen a lot more of this type of thing than we have here.

What do you mean by " they know you are not individually earning enough to have the child here on a Dependent's pass so they know you are doing nothing but trying to pull a fast one by using a Student's Pass to skirt the income requirement issues" ?
If our salary qualify for DP, then we don't need to apply for student pass, right ? are they using $6000 salary to qualify for student pass too ?
I think under full time school age child is not a student therefore cannot get a student pass.

Your child need a dependent pass , if neither you nor your hubby are on $6k/mth then you cannot get a dependent pass thus you are in the predicament you are in.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

jennynguyen2016

Post by jennynguyen2016 » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 4:29 pm

Last edited by jennynguyen2016 on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 4:36 pm

jennynguyen2016 wrote:probably you don't know this

https://www.ica.gov.sg/pass/studentpass/msf
This reads to me like child is already here and you have a letter of acceptance from whichever place your child will attend.

Is that the case?

jennynguyen2016

Post by jennynguyen2016 » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 4:41 pm

Last edited by jennynguyen2016 on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 4:57 pm

jennynguyen2016 wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
jennynguyen2016 wrote:probably you don't know this

https://www.ica.gov.sg/pass/studentpass/msf
This reads to me like child is already here and you have a letter of acceptance from whichever place your child will attend.

Is that the case?
Yes. before the kid can go to apply for the student pass, he/she must be accepted by the childcare. My kid was accepted by one of the government childcare here. But she was not accepted by ICA with the student pass, what's why i don't know ...
Clearly there are some other variables at play here which make them reject the application.

Maybe you or your hubby salary not enough?

There are many things in the background that nobody know except ICA.

This is Singapore and its their rules!

jennynguyen2016

Post by jennynguyen2016 » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 5:01 pm

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 5:48 pm

jennynguyen2016 wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
jennynguyen2016 wrote:
Yes. before the kid can go to apply for the student pass, he/she must be accepted by the childcare. My kid was accepted by one of the government childcare here. But she was not accepted by ICA with the student pass, what's why i don't know ...
Clearly there are some other variables at play here which make them reject the application.

Maybe you or your hubby salary not enough?

There are many things in the background that nobody know except ICA.

This is Singapore and its their rules!
Thanks for reply.

May i know how much salary is enough ? ICA did not indicate what reasons to reject the application. I just want to know what are their requirements, if i don't qualify, i won't waste my time to apply.
That's the point , they will not say what the limits are as that makes the system easy to abuse.

e.g. Dependent Pass gone up to $6k a month , that is gonna stuff a lot of folks up and their wife/kids/parents are gonna heading back .... However this could be abused as employer bump up employee basic to $6k and then make "some after the fact" deductions.

This is why Govt like to keep things to themselves , easier that way.

You qualify to apply , that's all it is , even if you meet all the requirements still no guarantee of getting the pass you want whether Student/Employment/PR/Citizenship.