Singapore Expats

Apply Student's pass for 3 years old kid (nursery class)

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Apply Student's pass for 3 years old kid (nursery class)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 6:32 pm

Normally, student passes are for international students who do not have any families here or are accompanied by a Pei du Momma (who is NOT allowed to work at all, at least for the 1st year. If a Pei du Momma is the situation then the husband cannot be here as that forms a family unit and is NOT what the student pass is designed for. If your family is here then it stands to reason that they are on a work pass of one form or another. In that case, the student will qualify with just a Dependent's Pass IF the parents qualify to have the child here in the first place.

No matter how you twist it, you are not going to get a student's pass for your child to study here in Singapore as long as you or your spouse doesn't make the required threshhold income as stipulated by the MOM to be able to bring in dependents. It's rough, but you should have found out all this stuff before you took up jobs in a foreign country that doesn't operate like your own country.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jennynguyen2016

Post by jennynguyen2016 » Tue, 09 Jan 2018 9:28 am

Last edited by jennynguyen2016 on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 09 Jan 2018 10:29 am

jennynguyen2016 wrote:Thanks for your reply, but i think you are not correct, refer the link below

https://www.ica.gov.sg/apply/studentpass/msf
You are not reading the answers.

Nobody is saying you cannot apply , just that approval is unlikely.

Are you under the impression that because you meet some criteria that you should automatically be allocated one?
Life is short, paddle harder!!