Singapore Expats

PR Application - advice needed!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
iimkerry

PR Application - advice needed!

Post by iimkerry » Fri, 15 Sep 2017 1:51 am

Hi experts,

Was googling for information regarding PR application for my wife and came across this forum, very informative! Please advise me on what i can do in my situation to apply PR for my wife! Please bear with my lengthy 'essay' to describe the situation me and my wife is in! [-o< [-o< [-o<

Wife's Situation:
My wife (Malaysian-Chinese), 28 years old, has been working in Singapore for over 10 years, on work permit though. Changed a few jobs over the years, with the current one working for about 2 years plus. Basic salary 2K as an admin in a SME.

Her birth records is rather complicated, the names of her 'parents' on her birth certificate are not her REAL parents, but rather her parent's relative. Her 'birth certificate parents' are both Malaysian Chinese while her REAL parents are Singapore citizen. Tried looking for MP for advice on this and all they told us was to try to apply for PR and see how it goes from there.

Some additional information; Since young, she has been living with her REAL parents (of course) in Singapore, receiving her primary, secondary education and diploma (from Kaplan though) here too.

My situation:
I am a part-time student in SUSS(previously SIM University), currently in my third year and unemployed and had gotten married with my wife 2 months back in July. I'm a Singapore Citizen on birth, complete my NS like every other Singaporean Son. Not a 'shotgun' marriage, but did it in hope that it will 'boost her chances' when applying for PR in Singapore.

Some questions i have that i have in mind:
1) Can i be a local sponsor despite being a student and being unemployed? Saw a case on the forum with someone in a similar situation as me and he was told to have his parents as the sponsor instead.

2) Is it possible for her REAL parents to be her local sponsor instead (if question 1 is a no)?

3) How slim are the chances of getting the PR for my wife as we are not married for at least 2 years yet? I understand that ICA might see our marriage as a 'marriage of convenience' for the PR considering our 'fresh marriage'.

4) Any advice on what my wife can do / apply to 'get rid' of her work permit status?

5) Lastly, any advice on what my wife can do to get her REAL parents name on her birth certificate instead? :-k :-k

Any experts can advise? [-o< [-o< [-o<

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PR Application - advice needed!

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 15 Sep 2017 2:25 pm

iimkerry wrote: Wife's Situation:
My wife (Malaysian-Chinese), 28 years old, has been working in Singapore for over 10 years, on work permit though. Changed a few jobs over the years, with the current one working for about 2 years plus. Basic salary 2K as an admin in a SME.

Her birth records is rather complicated, the names of her 'parents' on her birth certificate are not her REAL parents, but rather her parent's relative. Her 'birth certificate parents' are both Malaysian Chinese while her REAL parents are Singapore citizen. Tried looking for MP for advice on this and all they told us was to try to apply for PR and see how it goes from there.

Some additional information; Since young, she has been living with her REAL parents (of course) in Singapore, receiving her primary, secondary education and diploma (from Kaplan though) here too.

My situation:
I am a part-time student in SUSS(previously SIM University), currently in my third year and unemployed and had gotten married with my wife 2 months back in July. I'm a Singapore Citizen on birth, complete my NS like every other Singaporean Son. Not a 'shotgun' marriage, but did it in hope that it will 'boost her chances' when applying for PR in Singapore.
iimkerry wrote: Some questions i have that i have in mind:
1) Can i be a local sponsor despite being a student and being unemployed? Saw a case on the forum with someone in a similar situation as me and he was told to have his parents as the sponsor instead.
For PR, I don't know how you can get the Parents in law as Sponsor.
iimkerry wrote: 2) Is it possible for her REAL parents to be her local sponsor instead (if question 1 is a no)?
You should get the birth certificate issue settled. Honestly, I don't know how that will go
iimkerry wrote: 3) How slim are the chances of getting the PR for my wife as we are not married for at least 2 years yet? I understand that ICA might see our marriage as a 'marriage of convenience' for the PR considering our 'fresh marriage'.
Higher chance if you go for LTVP, and then get PR later.

What's the rush for PR ?
iimkerry wrote: 4) Any advice on what my wife can do / apply to 'get rid' of her work permit status?
None I know of. Other than seeking proper approval
iimkerry wrote: 5) Lastly, any advice on what my wife can do to get her REAL parents name on her birth certificate instead? :-k :-k
Tricky. Honestly. I guess you need to get an appointment with ICA officer and clarify this before going further

afrin20130

Post by afrin20130 » Wed, 27 Sep 2017 12:23 am

iimkerry wrote:Hi experts,

Was googling for information regarding PR application for my wife and came across this forum, very informative! Please advise me on what i can do in my situation to apply PR for my wife! Please bear with my lengthy 'essay' to describe the situation me and my wife is in! [-o< [-o< [-o<

Wife's Situation:

My situation:

Some questions i have that i have in mind:

2) Is it possible for her REAL parents to be her local sponsor instead (if question 1 is a no)?

3) How slim are the chances of getting the PR for my wife as we are not married for at least 2 years yet? I understand that ICA might see our marriage as a 'marriage of convenience' for the PR considering our 'fresh marriage'.

4) Any advice on what my wife can do / apply to 'get rid' of her work permit status?

5) Lastly, any advice on what my wife can do to get her REAL parents name on her birth certificate instead? :-k :-k

Any experts can advise? [-o< [-o< [-o<
Do DNA test and prove they are her real parents. I am not sure this will work or not. A lawyer may answer more precisely.

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

SCmarriedtoMalaysian

Post by SCmarriedtoMalaysian » Wed, 27 Sep 2017 10:08 am

You can be a sponsor as long as you're legally married.

No, her parents cannot be her sponsor as she is above 21. To apply under parents, as per ICA, she has to be "Child of a SC or PR who is unmarried and aged under 21"

I don't think anyone really knows the "chances" of getting the PR.. This, is really subjected to case by case basis. I do know of those who applied immediately after marriage and got approved, and others rejected. Other factors are also to be taken into considerations e.g. your employment status (neg), and her long stay in Singapore (pos)

Yes, you can apply a LTVP for her. As a LTVP holder, she can work on a Letter of Consent (LOC). It has to be applied by the employer and she can only start working after MOM's approval. Good news is, she isn't considered a foreign worker, and thus, the employer does not have to pay for foreign worker's levy. She is also not considered as a PR/SPR, and so, company is not required to pay extra CPF too. I see this as a "good news" as it means your wife can try and request for a slightly higher pay. In addition, she can stay in Singapore for longer period as compared to being a WP holder.

Not so sure about this, but like mentioned by previous user, DNA test and lawyers?

Sudhakaran

Spass application rejection

Post by Sudhakaran » Mon, 07 Sep 2020 8:21 pm

I'm spass holder! Currently covid 19 loss my job & special pass to stay sg. I got employer and applied my spass but mom reject.
Mom indicate a reason
We refer to your recent application for S Pass for the above applicant. Your application is not successful because: - Your application is not successful. If your candidate is currently in Singapore, you may wish to submit an appeal for our consideration. Otherwise, you may wish to apply again when the additional safe distancing measures are lifted.

Please advise anyone can i get here job!
Wht reason to reject my pass!

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: Spass application rejection

Post by the observer » Mon, 07 Sep 2020 8:33 pm

Sudhakaran wrote:
Mon, 07 Sep 2020 8:21 pm
I'm spass holder! Currently covid 19 loss my job & special pass to stay sg. I got employer and applied my spass but mom reject.
Mom indicate a reason
We refer to your recent application for S Pass for the above applicant. Your application is not successful because: - Your application is not successful. If your candidate is currently in Singapore, you may wish to submit an appeal for our consideration. Otherwise, you may wish to apply again when the additional safe distancing measures are lifted.

Please advise anyone can i get here job!
Wht reason to reject my pass!
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore ... -vacancies

Firms must advertise jobs for at least 28 days before hiring foreigners, even for S Pass roles