Singapore Expats Forum

Buy Motorcycle Engine from EBay

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.

Sponsored by:
Image
AVIS Car Rental
sweeseng85
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2012

Buy Motorcycle Engine from EBay

Postby sweeseng85 » Tue, 12 Sep 2017 7:15 pm

Hi need help for those expert

I going to buy one complete set motorcycle engine from eBay . The engine can be ship into Singapore ?

Can be pass from customs ? The engine cost around 3000sgd . If kena tax is it pay for gst or other type of tax

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3186
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Re: Buy Motorcycle Engine from EBay

Postby taxico » Tue, 12 Sep 2017 8:05 pm

sweeseng85 wrote:Hi need help for those expert

I going to buy one complete set motorcycle engine from eBay . The engine can be ship into Singapore ?

Can be pass from customs ? The engine cost around 3000sgd . If kena tax is it pay for gst or other type of tax


why are you swapping engine? who will do the paperwork for you?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10562
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Buy Motorcycle Engine from EBay

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 12 Sep 2017 9:28 pm

Refer to this website to start: https://www.customs.gov.sg/businesses/i ... er-service

This basically tells you that you must pay GST on the purchase plus tax, insurance, and freight.

If you are purchasing a replacement engine of the same type and size presently on the bike, you probably won't have an issue. However, if you are planning on doing a swap to something else, you may wish to check with LTA regarding modifications allowed.

User avatar
PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4990
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Buy Motorcycle Engine from EBay

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 13 Sep 2017 7:31 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Refer to this website to start: https://www.customs.gov.sg/businesses/i ... er-service

This basically tells you that you must pay GST on the purchase plus tax, insurance, and freight.

If you are purchasing a replacement engine of the same type and size presently on the bike, you probably won't have an issue. However, if you are planning on doing a swap to something else, you may wish to check with LTA regarding modifications allowed.


The model number has to match exactly and this can be complicated if the bike is a rare model or a special homologation for Singapore. You need to have the bike/car LTA inspected after replacement. I would actually double check with LTA first. It is much easier to have the engine rebuilt in all honestly unless it is completely destroyed.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

giadiamond
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 15 Aug 2016
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Buy Motorcycle Engine from EBay

Postby giadiamond » Sat, 16 Sep 2017 1:05 am

in Singapore everything also can not la

sweeseng85
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2012

Re: Buy Motorcycle Engine from EBay

Postby sweeseng85 » Mon, 18 Sep 2017 12:39 pm

Bough the engine no for swap . Just tear down all the spare part for spare purpose . I think should no a problem right just only have to pay the tax .....

User avatar
PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4990
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Buy Motorcycle Engine from EBay

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 18 Sep 2017 7:58 pm

sweeseng85 wrote:Bough the engine no for swap . Just tear down all the spare part for spare purpose . I think should no a problem right just only have to pay the tax .....


Agreed.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Buying from EBay US ?
    by RimBlock » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 5:22 pm » in General Discussions
    8
    3009
    by zzm9980 View the latest post
    Tue, 19 Feb 2013 9:12 am
  • Motorcycle Day Trips, Evening Rides, etc.
    by achieve1ness » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 3:08 pm » in Cars & Motorcycles
    20
    18314
    by x9200 View the latest post
    Wed, 11 Sep 2013 5:58 pm
  • Motorcycle Buying Process Question
    by hairball » Sun, 25 Aug 2013 11:16 am » in Cars & Motorcycles
    54
    29062
    by ST_Nepal View the latest post
    Tue, 01 Apr 2014 11:30 pm
  • Motorcycle mechanic
    by dxb625 » Thu, 07 Nov 2013 7:47 am » in Cars & Motorcycles
    5
    3829
    by Strong Eagle View the latest post
    Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:37 pm
  • Motorcycle COE quota drastically reduced
    by Wd40 » Sun, 02 Feb 2014 1:47 pm » in Cars & Motorcycles
    55
    22590
    by PNGMK View the latest post
    Sat, 22 Apr 2017 6:22 pm

Return to “Cars & Motorcycles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests