Singapore Expats

Work Holiday Pass (WHP) application | full-time vs. part-time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Expat_Nik

Work Holiday Pass (WHP) application | full-time vs. part-time

Post by Expat_Nik » Tue, 12 Sep 2017 5:52 pm

Hello Community,

first of all: Thank you for reading this. I really appreciate every bit of help or advice I can get.

Currently I am preparing the required documents for my application for a "Work Holiday Pass" in Singapore. I already received the acceptance for the internship from my company (start from mid December 2017).

I found this information on the website from MOM (Eligibility for Work Holiday Programme):

"For undergraduates: you have been a resident and a full-time student of the university for at least 3 months before applying for the pass." I study while in employment in Germany (the university is listed and accepted) but only in Part-Time and not in Full-Time. I'm wondering if I can get the pass issued because I am not a Full-Time-Student at Campus - I am a Part-Time-Student on Campus? I fulfill all other requirements.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ligibility

They offer in a Drop-Down-Menu: “Distance Learning” “On Campus Full Time” “On Campus Part Time”
WHP.png
Maybe you have advice for me what I can do? Especially when it comes to an rejection because of that? Thank you for any advice, really. Thank you. Please tell me if you need to know more.

Best wishes from Bavaria, Germany.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Work Holiday Pass (WHP) application | full-time vs. part-time

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Sep 2017 12:41 am

It is what it is. If you cannot qualify, you will not be granted the pass. It's their ball, their court and their rules. Sucks sometimes but there you go.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 13 Sep 2017 8:00 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It is what it is. If you cannot qualify, you will not be granted the pass. It's their ball, their court and their rules. Sucks sometimes but there you go.
Not to add on, in situations like these,

Option 1, try to get internship from a German company to be placed in Singapore

Option 2, look for another country

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Sep 2017 9:50 am

His only other option is the Training Employment Pass for professionals

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... yment-pass
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Expat_Nik

Post by Expat_Nik » Wed, 20 Sep 2017 3:17 am

Thank you all for your feedbacks. I talked with my university and it turned out that actually I am a full-time student on campus. They calculated the amount of work I have to put into my study. And they wrote "During your Bachelor’s studies, your work time is at the same time also your time of study". I received a confirmation letter from my university - only in case the Ministry of Manpower wants to see it. I applied a few days ago and fulfill all requirements. I hope everything goes well.