Singapore Expats Forum

EP pending since 5 months

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: EP pending since 5 months

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 08 Sep 2017 7:20 pm

anpisces wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Are you sure the email was to you from the MOM? Normally it's sent to the Employer and the employer can forward is if they want to. This is what I suspect has happened.

No, it is absolutely from MOM. It was sent through MOM email and personally to me (my company is aware of this, but this email was being sent to just me). That is why it's so weird as I have never heard anyone ever gotten this email from MOM. I am now so worried because I don't know the reason why they emailed me.
Cause you are being watched? Ouch

Take it easy

Fret not

Strong Eagle

Re: EP pending since 5 months

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 10 Sep 2017 11:01 am

sony17 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
sony17 wrote:It is a recruitment agency for Software industry.

I think you will be in for a very very long wait. Two reasons: First, recruitment of candidates is something the gahmen feels could be done by local talent... why would someone need to be imported to work as a recruiter?

Second, you are from India, and fair or not, there has been plenty of anecdotal evidence that Indians recruit more Indians to the exclusion of other races. I think the gahmen is worried that in addition to taking a job that a local could do, you will not focus on hiring locals into the positions you have available.

My guess... and worth what you paid for it.

Thanks for your response.
I do not think this could be an issue as hiring locals is the first priority for any company/races as per the policy. It is not that we can recruit Indians as I am an Indian because there is lot of explanations/proofs to be given if we are not hiring locals and MOM is well aware of that. Anyhow let's wait and see.

You have been waiting for five months and you don't think this could be an issue? Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what you think the issue really is.