Singapore Expats

EP pending since 5 months

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: EP pending since 5 months

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 08 Sep 2017 7:20 pm

anpisces wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Are you sure the email was to you from the MOM? Normally it's sent to the Employer and the employer can forward is if they want to. This is what I suspect has happened.
No, it is absolutely from MOM. It was sent through MOM email and personally to me (my company is aware of this, but this email was being sent to just me). That is why it's so weird as I have never heard anyone ever gotten this email from MOM. I am now so worried because I don't know the reason why they emailed me.
Cause you are being watched? Ouch

Take it easy

Fret not

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 10 Sep 2017 11:01 am

sony17 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
sony17 wrote:It is a recruitment agency for Software industry.
I think you will be in for a very very long wait. Two reasons: First, recruitment of candidates is something the gahmen feels could be done by local talent... why would someone need to be imported to work as a recruiter?

Second, you are from India, and fair or not, there has been plenty of anecdotal evidence that Indians recruit more Indians to the exclusion of other races. I think the gahmen is worried that in addition to taking a job that a local could do, you will not focus on hiring locals into the positions you have available.

My guess... and worth what you paid for it.
Thanks for your response.
I do not think this could be an issue as hiring locals is the first priority for any company/races as per the policy. It is not that we can recruit Indians as I am an Indian because there is lot of explanations/proofs to be given if we are not hiring locals and MOM is well aware of that. Anyhow let's wait and see.
You have been waiting for five months and you don't think this could be an issue? Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what you think the issue really is.

Sarah.c

Post by Sarah.c » Wed, 02 May 2018 10:32 am

Hi everybody,

After 3weeks from my EP application, I've received the same email as anpisces. Could you please share your experience ? And the outcome of your EP application ? I'm a bit worried and would be grateful for any piece of information !

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Sarah.c on Wed, 02 May 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah.c

Post by Sarah.c » Wed, 02 May 2018 10:37 am

I mean this email
anpisces wrote:Hi, 3 weeks ago, my company applied Employment Pass for me.

But, suddenly I got an email from MOM that states
"As we need to carry out more checks, it will take at least 3 months to review your application. Each case will be assessed holistically, taking into account applicant-related criteria, input from other agencies, and whether fair consideration has been given to workers in Singapore."

Did you get this email as well? I have never heard of anyone who got that email. Does anyone ever heard of this situation?

Keanoidd

Post by Keanoidd » Wed, 27 Jun 2018 8:51 am

Hi, Sarah.

I received the same email you did.

“As we need to carry out more checks, it will take at least 3 months to review your application. Each case will be assessed holistically, taking into account applicant-related criteria, input from other agencies, and whether fair consideration has been given to workers in Singapore.”

It has been 2 months (8 weeks) since my application was submitted on 3 May, and the MOM has not requested for any additional input. When our immigration provider reached out to them, they just reiterated that the application will need to be reviewed within 3 months or more.

Have you gotten news about your application?

Sarah.c

Post by Sarah.c » Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:47 am

Hi keanoidd,

Nothing so far, it has been 3 months now from the date of my application ...
I know some similar cases and usually it takes between 3 and 4 months to have an answer.

Good luck !

Keanoidd

Post by Keanoidd » Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:59 am

Oh wow! 4 months, huh? That’s really scary.

I hope our applications get approved soon!

Sarah.c

Post by Sarah.c » Wed, 27 Jun 2018 11:04 am

Yes, it's terrible ! But no choice ...
I hope so as well !

anotom

Post by anotom » Tue, 03 Jul 2018 9:54 pm

I've also been waiting for more than 9 weeks and received the same emails as Anpisces, Keanoidd, Sara and others here (ie. 3 months etc) late May. Have you guys got any response?

My application started late April, with a twist, ie. MOM requested for CV, which was improvised a week later. I'd seen on other threads that this means the 3 months would begin from date of application - is it true? I do understand that after the mark of 3 months they can take longer as forever if they wish

While it's advised that employer communicates with MOM for more specific explanation or actionable insights, my employer's attempts to call MOM only resulted in "case references" with promises to hear back from them within 3 working days - which never realised.

Subsequently, few days ago MOM sent another PDF letter containing the same "3 month" content (addressed to my employer but also irected to myself). The letter itself contains various other information on "if you wish to withdraw this application", "you could reach out to more jobseekers if you need this position filled urgently", "our career coaches may call you to discuss potential candidates" etc. Sound pretty much that they really don't want my employer to maintain patience with "this candidate" (which is not entirely hard to understand in their position)

I've worked in Singapore for 3.5 years and like most people here, my educational level and salary would undoubtedly indicate eligibility - so there's no B&W reason I can imagine causes this delays. Worst thing beside the uncertainty is handling the rental, leaving the country while waiting etc.
Last edited by anotom on Sat, 07 Jul 2018 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 04 Jul 2018 12:35 am

Well, pardon me for saying so, but if you have been here for 3.5 years and do not know the reason, then maybe you should be rejected. You were here for the last GE so you know how the locals feel about the proliferation of FT here. The MOM has to do the country's bidding, and if that means stalling until people have to return to their home countries, then that's what they will do. They are trying to force employers to hire locals. nothing more.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Keanoidd

Post by Keanoidd » Wed, 04 Jul 2018 7:36 am

Hi, anotom.

Can you give us the exact verbiage from the letter that you received from the MOM? (I am especially curious about their notes on withdrawing the application, checking other candidates, and talking to career counselors.)

Thanks!

anotom

Post by anotom » Wed, 04 Jul 2018 9:16 pm

@Sundaymorningstaple: yes I understand the latter point of yours. The country has to do what's best for their citizens of course, so stalling is of course understandable. What's the meaning of FT btw? Nevertheless I don't especially agree with the first point - not knowing the reason means there's no particular reason one could register (yet) as legitimate for rejection.

@Keanoidd: I'm attaching a cropped screenshot from the letter here for everyone's awareness (of course how it shall be interpreted is neither important nor indicative of eventual result). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y-CfYw ... p=drivesdk

Sorry the picture is over 100kb and can't be uploaded directly

Keanoidd

Post by Keanoidd » Wed, 04 Jul 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks so much for sharing the screenshot. It’s a lot more detailed than anything I’ve seen so far.

On one hand, it’s worrying as it really is forcing employers to consider candidates other than the ones already selected. On the other, it’s a relief that the delay is not necessarily due to the candidate or the company’s credentials.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:32 am

Again, Anotom, I am puzzled. You say you have been here 3.5 years and you have never heard the term FTs? There are two kinds of foreigners here in the eyes of the government. Foreign Workers (construction/marine, etc) and Foreign Talent (PMETs - You do know what PMETs are, don't you?)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

anotom

Post by anotom » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 3:33 pm

Sundaymorningstaple: i appreciate freedom of speech but both your posts and presence are useless here.