Singapore Expats

EP pending since 5 months

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
AquariusWC

Re: EP pending since 5 months

Post by AquariusWC » Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:08 am

Hi everyone,

I'm facinga similar case as well where I received an email from MOM stating that the review will take up to 3 months. I've been waiting for 2 months now but in between there's was a re-submission extra document after 1 month waiting. My HR had recently called MOM and MOM said that similar cases with such position is taking 3 months as well.

May I know anyone above gotten any response already?

Thanks!

Keanoidd

Post by Keanoidd » Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:03 pm

Mine took a while, but eventually it was approved.

Here are my timelines:

3 May: EP application was submitted.

4 June: I received an email from the MOM stating this:

“As we need to carry out more checks, it will take at least 3 months to review your application. Each case will be assessed holistically, taking into account applicant-related criteria, input from other agencies, and whether fair consideration has been given to workers in Singapore.”

There was no additional information requested from us. The application status in the EP Online website remained as Pending.

14 August: The status in the EP Online website was updated to Approved between 6.00PM and 11.00PM.

The EP application was approved after 103 calendar days.

AquariusWC

Post by AquariusWC » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 12:19 am

Thanks @keanoidd for sharing. Happy for you that you eventually gotten the EP. This does give me some peace of mind. But may I know what position that you were applying. Is okay if you don’t want to share. Thanks again!